Chuck83: my introduction colonoscopy and PSSD

Chuck83

It translates to Nitric Acid.  Taking it could give you an upset stomach.  Other than that it might throw the bodies pH to the acid side which can have a lot of negative repercussions.  Stopping it CT should not be a problem.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck83

• scallywag

• brassmonkey

• Frogie

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes U right Brass. My ex homeopath had prescribed me to treat stomach problems and hemorrhoids, Now I understand that the principle of homeopathy is completely wrong.

On Tuesday I will go to my family doctor and I will prescribe blood tests, now he is on vacation, because here in Italy on 1st May is a workers day, Lol.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

• Moderator Emeritus

You might find this topic helpful:  why-do-we-reach-for-quick-fixes

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

After one week of adverse reaction to 2 nux vomica granules, diarrhea is passed,  headeache going better.  For a long time during the day I'm symptoms free, but sometimes return a strange headache with muscular tensions in the forehead and jaws. I visited my doctor, He says I had a bad reaction to homeopathic remedy, and that these muscle tensions will pass in some days for him. If someone has some advice for this muscular tension is really helpful.

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

The things go a lot of better headache is passed in these last 2 days.

I can restudy and work, But there remains some muscular tension at the jaws, any advice?

Today, I restarted actively attending the hospital where I practice. A nurse Who is my friend asked me how it is possible for a person who is becoming a doctor, May have believed in a pseudoscience like homeopathy. I simply answered stupidity and irrationality, one thing that can affect everyone.

By now it seems that I am recovering the only thing seems are remaing is strange weird sensation like muscle tension around the jaws,

And I look a little anesthetized. I have a root canal in a tooth that sometimes pulsed, now I feel less, I read that nux vomica (strychnine) is a potent neurotoxic poison can affect Gaba recepetors and Inhibiting acetylcholine, I do not understand if all those diarrhea that I had on the day of the adverse reaction with headaches, tremors and sense of intoxication were either serotonin syndrome or strycnine poisoning, On Monday I will do the blood tests.

I restart weight training. Yesterday I trained chest and biceps. I went to the gym on Saturday, because I was not busy with the study and the training at the hospital.

I started my workout by heating me to the flat bench, I started with very light weights, I hope to increase the next few weeks, And in a few months to rebuild my maximun lift around 330lbs, I also did the banch press with dumbbells, and crosses on flat bench, Curl with barbells and seated curl with dumbbells, it was not a bad workout.

The headache has passed, and muscle tension going better, I have a bit of metallic flavor in my mouth, and intolerance to some foods

• 3 weeks later...

After one month to my adverse reactions to NV all symptoms of adverse reactions are passed, I don't have headache and muscle tension anymore. But hemorrhoids restart to bleeding, proctologyst says, is not going better around september I need surgery, for him I am young and I can't Limit my life, my training, for this rectal bleeding and pain.

I am also fed up with this problem, and I want to solve it once and for all, but I am oversensitive to all drugs and i have a fear about anesthesia, someone have a sugery during WD? IS ok? have any reactions?

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's the link to SA's discussion:  surgery-and-anesthesia

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

They should be able to do it with a local and not have to knock you out. Shouldn't be any worse than having a tooth worked on.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, in these month I total recover from andverse reaction to homeopathic product, but last week I HAVE another bad extreme reaction to paracetamol this time. I used two pill of 1000 mg of paracetamol in two days, for flu with a fever at 40°C that did not pass, and I have really bad adverse reaction. It seems like my eyesight has lowered, it seems I do not produce tear fluid anymore like Sjogren's syndrome, my hands and legs are super cold. In the past I used paracetamol 500mg without any problems. My PSSD seems it quite worse, evidently those who have developed this condition due to SSRI, becomes super sensitive to any drug. This reaction is really absurd, I have not been taking any psychotropic drugs for 5 years. Are there any possibilities for recovery? It's been almost a week and my hands and feet are super cold.

Please any advice?

Edited by ChessieCat
resized font

My family does not believe me. They accepted the fact that the SSRI may have hurt me, but They not believe in the serious adverse reaction to paracetamol, I'm desperate.  They continually repeat that paracetamol is safe, but my hands and legs are super freezing, it's a horrible feeling. I used the 1000mg tablet of paracetamol last Thursday, is one week.

Today I will go to my doctor to get me to prescribe the analysis and some blood test, probably I contracted some autoimmune diseases like scleroderma, raynaud's syndrome, or syogren's syndrome. I've never had hands and legs so cold like these days in my entire life.

I just came back to the doctor, he does not want me to do the analysis or go to a rheumatologist.  He says I do not have scleroderma or raynaud's syndrome,   but that my frozen hands and legs are due to anxiety for him.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Chuck83: my introduction colonoscopy and PSSD
On 2/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, Chuck83 said:

I just came back to the doctor, he does not want me to do the analysis or go to a rheumatologist.  He says I do not have scleroderma or raynaud's syndrome,   but that my frozen hands and legs are due to anxiety for him.

Hi:

It’s good to see you. Haven’t heard from you forever.

I’m sorry to hear about your problems though. I hope they resolve.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi Frogie,  Fortunately, the symptoms are better, it seems I'm recovering. It was really a very bad flu,

and the reaction to paracetamol was catastrophic. But now it seems that body temperature is returning to normal.

Unfortunately, after the adverse reaction to paracetamol three weeks ago, it seems that the hands return to be abnormally cold at some times of the day. I will probably be forced to consult a rheumatologist.

Any advice? What could these cold hands be? Blood circulation problems? Some autoimmune disease? How Sjogren's Syndrome? or scleroderma? Or systemic sclerosis?  Thyroid problems?  Hormonal dysregulation? High doses of paracetamol lower androgen levels.

Many drugs like some antibiotics can induced rheumatic autoimmune diseases, I suspect that some antipyretics may also cause them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4967979/?fbclid=IwAR1lNoG_8tOHzz9ncNNE9BxN_p_a9Q1IrqjHOH6rtFR83RzsCjqZumoW7vg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank ChessieCat I know body temperature dysregulation It can be a symptom of withdrawal. However is 5 years I not taken any psychiatric drugs  and I've never had these symptoms  if not after the paracetamol adverse reaction three weeks ago.  I read also some supplements like l-tryptophan and 5-htp (precursors of serotonin), it seems that they can cause scleroderma, some cases are reported in the medical literature. I had taken a tryptophan supplement 5 years ago prescribed by a stupid neurologist, for problems of insomnia, I took it only for 9 days, and for the next three months I had a strange persistent cough, muscle pain, and flu symptoms, then fortunately these symptoms spontaneously are resolved . https://sclero.org/.../causes/environmental/medications.html

it seems that scleroderma in men is a very rare disease, and much more serious and progressively faster than women, and that it  really can kill in a short time.

I don't sure I have scleroderma, I hope not.  My main problem seems to be body temperature dysregulation, 

I have no problem walking, today I walked for 6 km. I'm back at work and at university, I'm training with light weights at home, Monday I'll go back to the gym for a light workout. I think I will also consult a naturopath and doctor of integrated medicine.  This problem of temperature dysregulation is too
bothersome

Probably if I am led to develop autoimmune symptoms I have to change my dietary pattern, and adopt an anti-inflammatory diet

On 2/15/2019 at 11:58 AM, Chuck83 said:

Hi Frogie,  Fortunately, the symptoms are better, it seems I'm recovering. It was really a very bad flu,

and the reaction to paracetamol was catastrophic. But now it seems that body temperature is returning to normal.

I’m glad to hear you are healing.

I tapered my last taper this morning. I’ll hold until March 31, then I’m done with lexapro!

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 1 year later...

Hi Chuck83,  I am sorry to hear that you have developed all this fear around homeopathic remedies. Used properly they are either curative or have no effect, and thus are very safe. There is no need to worry about the toxicity of the substance from which the remedy was made for most substances when using potencies 6C or higher. They are too dilute. The right remedy taken too strongly potentized or too frequently can cause an aggravation of existing symptoms. At that point one needs to stop taking it and wait to allow the healing process to begin.

When starting a new remedy one can recognize that it is curative by benefits in the mental/emotional sphere which should appear first. If M/E improvements dont appear and one only sees physical improvements then it is palliative, not curative.

The wrong remedy taken too strongly or too frequently will cause new symptoms, so the practitioner should stop prescribing it and determine the correct remedy.  Those new symptoms will wear off quickly. Taking any remedy by some automatic dosing schedule is not wise. It should always be managed so that after every dose one waits to see how one responds to that dose, before taking the next dose. In homeopathy dosage should be individualized, as should the choice of the remedy.  Find a practitioner who will work with you by carefully monitoring your progress. roger [at] canhealyourself [dot] com

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I returned after two years of relative well-being, in which I have done many positive things in my life. Unfortunately, I have been seriously ill for a month.

A month ago after an eye examination to improve the gradation of the glasses, the ophthalmologist used an eye drop called Benoxinate (Oxybuprocaine) to check the eye pressure. I have since developed burning eyes, a feeling of sand in the eye, photophobia etc. After an exam called OCT they diagnosed me with a serious condition in my right eye called Central serous chorioretinopathy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_serous_chorioretinopathy. With this eye I see the lines of the edges, of the lines and of the crooked letters, and the colors have faded, to notice it I have to close the left eye, because being the healthy eye it corrects the thing. I am really very afraid of losing sight in this eye. The new eye doctor says the fluid has come out of the retina and should be reabsorbed in two to three months and then I should review well. But I want to hear from other eye doctors because it looks like there could be damage to the photoreceptors. If the liquid doesn't reabsorb in three months, I'll have to have a laser surgery.

I am very dejected because this pathology is treated with Flavonoids supplements, which I cannot take because they send me into Crash. I suffer from PSSD, and at 20 I took finasteride for a few weeks, flavonoid supplements are anti-adrogens and send my system into chaos therefore I cannot use them and it is very difficult to explain this to doctors, who consider them trivial supplements and safe.

I also suffer from third degree hemorrhoids which after defecation force me to lie down on the bed for a few hours before they return to their natural position. Yesterday I had a haemorrhoidal attack, and being unable to use creams with corticosteroids for the eye disease anymore, I used a herbal cream that I later found to contain flavonoid plants and a particular herb called Boswellia that made me feel pretty bad. Since yesterday I have tingling in my hands and my feet are strangely warm and my legs are cold.

So after two years of relative well-being in which I felt very good, and I did a lot of positive things. Now I find myself in this situation, after a trivial eye examination my life has precipitated.

After the cream I used yesterday for hemorrhoids with Boswellia, I have a bitter mouth, I seem to have developed food intolerances, those already with the drops used by the ophthalmologist. Hands are warm and feet cold, I had recovered from this symptoms. Now I don't tolerate some fruits my lip swells if I eat them. I don't know whether to be admitted to a hospital ward.

My body seems to have become intolerant to any substance, be it drugs, supplements and now even some foods in one month I have lost 7 kg,I  never been so weak in my life.

Today a new ophthalmologist has to see me. How do I explain to him that I cannot treat CSR with any drugs and supplements. Because after 8 years from the last dose of psychiatric drug I still have problems with WD, PSSD which is becoming more similar to PFS (post Finasteride - syndrome) . And my system is in strong Chaos, and I have developed a huge intolerance to all supplements and drugs. It will be very difficult.

Please pray for me. 

I have tingling and burning in my hands after putting on the herbal hemorrhoid ointment two days ago. My system is in strong Chaos.

Do you have any advice, please? I think I should be admitted to a hospital ward. But in my case, more drugs = more damage.

Do you think the herbal hemorrhoid ointment could have done me some kind of permanent damage? A proctologist prescribed this ointment for me, I didn't do my own thing. I have tingling and burning in my hands and I can no longer hold objects as before. I know my diary isn't that interesting, because I took the last dose of psychiatric drugs almost 8 years ago. But the majority of my problems such as susceptibility to any drug or supplement, even when it would actually be used to treat my health, always stems from past use of psychiatric drugs.

I am very sad and discouraged, I have overcome all my health problems, but this time I don't know if I can do it. 

Looks like my hands are asleep, I think after the eye exam, I'll go to the ER.

I have never been like this maybe I have really come to death, please pray for me.  

Here are the ingredients of the Hemorrhoid Cream. is called THD cream are Italian Product, is there anything in your opinion that may have damaged me?

“Aqua, hamamelis virginiana leaf water, hydroxyethyl acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, glycerin, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, helianthus annuus seed oil, phenoxyethanol, panthenol, phospholipids, polysorbate 60, sorbitan isostearate, boswellia serrata resin extract, microcrystalline cellulose, ethylhexylglycerin, escin, tocopherol, sodium carboxymethyl beta-glucan, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, beta-sitosterol, ruscus aculeatus root extract, silica, sodium hydroxide.”

I have severe blood circulation problems, which is probably due to eye problems and hemorrhoids

• 2 months later...

It has glycerin in it, I cant do anything with glycerin or any alcohol, I have string whole body reactions. Im reacting to all supplements and meds as well, its so incredibly hard to live with 

12.2017-02.2018 Mirtazapine - started adverse reactions after 2 months use and stopped without problems

04.2018 Amitryptyline 25mg

07.2019 Stopping Amitryptyline and starting Escitalopram 10 mg, stopping after a week and coming back to Amitryptyline

01.2020 starting Amitryptyline withdrawal, after a month of too fast tapper (from 25mg to 10mg) developed migraines, didnt connect the dots. 

02.2020 went to ER with migraine, got IV torecan and developed severe akathisia (severe restless feeling throughout the body, panic, constant fear) and landed in psych ward. 4 days on benzos, Duoleksetine for 3 days, then back on Ami 30mg. Was stable, symptom free

03.2020 coming home and started Amitryptyline withdrawal again. I wasnt aware of need of slow tappering, psych alway told me to cut in half for few days. Decided to do it slower then she recommended, but it was still too fast.Cut to 20mg when got home (so was on 30mg just a week). 

04.2020 Cut to 15mg. Felt amazing for a week, then cut to 13,5mg. Felt amazing another week. Cut to 12mg. After a week developed migraines again. Then connected dots that they are withdrawal migraines. Tried to up my doze again cause migraines were severe. Took 15 mg and got adverse reaction, akathisia came back, had jerking brain zaps all night long, didnt sleep. Next day took 12 mg again.

Since then (25.04.2020) Im on 12mg again. 

26.04.2020 added propranolol cause akathisia was too severe 10mg 2 times a day. 08.05 still on 12mg amitryptyline, upped propranolol to 10mg 3 times a day cause yesterday akatisia hit out of nowhere very severe, wanted to got o hospital afraid of my life. 31.05 goes to 11mg. 08.07 goes to 10mg. 22.07 bullyeyes rash, infected with Lyme. 20.08 goes to 9mg. 14.10 goes to 8,5mg. After hospital stay with my daughter (15.11) started feeling worse, reacting to citrus fruits with extreme weakness and panic. Getting more symptoms. 12.2 as I wasnt feeling better decided to reduce to 8mg. No change for better or worse. 23.3 started 10 mg propranolol two times a day. 30.04 reduced propr to 15 mg. 05.05 went to 7,5mg Ami. 23.06 went to 7mg Ami. 22.08 6,5mg Ami. 20.12 6mg Ami. 12.2 5,4mg Ami. Still reacting to chemicals, foods.

• 3 months later...
I had another terrible adverse reaction. This time for micropulsed yellow laser surgery to treat my central serous chorioretinopathy. At the end of the treatment I was instilled with drops of the extreme ototoxic antibiotic called tobramycin of the Aminoglycoside class. I had the treatment 20 days ago, and for 5 days I have been experiencing tinnitus (day and night is terrible), and hyperacusis. Tomorrow I have to go to my doctor, and in a week I have an appointment with an otolaryngologist audiologist.

I have read that the hearing damage and tinnitus from  Aminoglycoside are permanent. I am terrified, I said not to give me fluoroquinolones because they are intolerant, I never thought that  Aminoglycoside are even worse.
I can no longer sleep and listen to music (my great passion)

Some advice? I am desperate

I cry from morning to night, I can't understand how such a thing could have happened? How did they manage to use such a toxic antibiotic? How did I react like this to the installation of only two drops? I went there to treat my eye, and now I find myself with tinnitus preventing me from sleeping and severe hearing problems.

Sorry for my English, I'm really down

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you find some relief soon Chuck. Reading your thread really highlights how much harm can be caused by medicine.

December 2010: 10mg Citalopram

April 2011: 5mg for 2 weeks then cold turkey withdrawal - Extremely bad depression / no emotions

June 2011: Reinstated 10mg - After 3 weeks started getting impulsive suicidal thoughts

July 2011: Cold turkey - Withdrawal hell begins...

January 2021: Reinstated 0.1mg Citalopram as last resort

February 2021: 0.2mg Citalopram for 2 days had bad foggy head so went back down to 0.1mg

Upon reducing I experienced low mood, suicidal thoughts, burning up, low appetite, very bad insomnia, mild diarrhoea

22 Feb 2021: Stopped all Citalopram after panic / depression attack and crying similar to when I reinstated back in June 2011.

4 April 2022: Reinstated 0.1mg Citalopram - Anxiety + foggy head

5 April 2022: Stopped Citalopram - More lasting damage...