SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

New research PSSD in Milano!

Ketiperri

Hi everyone, I m Kate. I m new here. There are very severe symptomps ( memory, cognitive, emotional, sexual, frozen brain etc). I took Mirtazapine last year for one months, I stopped one year ago. Here is a recent research, who can sign! 

https://m.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/528pms/pssd_research_by_university_of_milan_italy/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

I took 45mg of mirtazapine one year ago one month (August 2015 - September 2015) Because i was anxiety. my symptomps: no memory no short -term memory, no emotion, perception, time and space Disorientation, no planning, learning ability, no concentration, imagination power, I do not feel temperature, tastes, smells, poor cognition, confusion, headache in the frontal and temporal lobe, the brain is empty, there is no logical thinking, dr / dp, suicidal thinks

Thank you!

The questionnaire is also about Post-SSRI PGAD. So maybe a moderator could add the word PGAD in the thread title

Hi Futurerecovery! how are you? I am very wrong. I was 5 suicide the last year. I do not want to live like that . really trust the research to find a solution . I think we should also look for researchers who deal with the PSSD and other signs of healing . Have a nice day!

I took 45mg of mirtazapine one year ago one month (August 2015 - September 2015) Because i was anxiety. my symptomps: no memory no short -term memory, no emotion, perception, time and space Disorientation, no planning, learning ability, no concentration, imagination power, I do not feel temperature, tastes, smells, poor cognition, confusion, headache in the frontal and temporal lobe, the brain is empty, there is no logical thinking, dr / dp, suicidal thinks

Thanks.

I have sent Prof. Melcangi a few questions. He told me that "they are not presently working on this matter". He says that the questionnaire was probably translated by a patient (he only made the Italian questionnaire). He also says: "Thus, only to explain you that this is a general questionnaire only to have (in case we may work on it) already some information."

I talk with him via mail, He is also study/research PFS due to propecia and in some respects it is similar to PSSD.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

Yes I know. It would be good if he research pssd and other symptoms . who can write them !!!

I spoke to him, telling him that the PSSD is a real phenomenon that affects thousands of people, and as PFS deserves an active research by the scientific community. He then spoke of the similarity of symptoms in common with PFS, but who have a different nature, but some hormonal changes may be common in both syndromes.

Then he told me to start the study, when he finds the potential candidates willing to take hospitalization    
and to make special analysis and medical procedures.

2001, Amisulpride (deniban) - 3 months, I taper in some weeks

2001, Seroquel, 4 weeks - quit cold turkey, 2001. Efexxor,  one pill adverse reaction

2002. Amitryptaline (mutabon mite) - 4 months, I taper really faster in some weeks

around more 10 years drug free

4 December 2013, 7 drops of citalopram , adverse reaction

December    2013, Italian supplement called serenplus with tryptophan, 9 pills adverse reaction, quit cold turkey.

After December 2013, Im drug free.

this sounds good! I hope soon to find a solution !

• 2 months later...
Hi people! I'm a pssd sufferer. I invite you to think about what is the main problem of PSSD: that doctors, researchers, pharmacologists, journalist media and people don't know the existence of PSSD. No one (maybe also a lot of people who suffer of it) knows that SSRI cause a so severe damage. No one exept us. In my opinion stay sitted down on a sofa posting messages on a forum and hoping that someone will find a solution for us will not lead us to anywhere. In my opinion we ahve to do something of actually concrete to change our situation. For this reason, for example, I contacted every single TV broadcast and inquiry tv programs, journal and tv journal in my country telling him about the problem and asking him to talk about it. I contacted magazines and experts and opinionist on antidepressant and psychiatric.

At least I found a scientist that is very interested to study our condition (I don't write his name because his study is not officially approved yet) for first on human looking for any hormone imbalance in the brain and then doing a study on mice looking for any alteration in the brain, but he needs money (50000 euros) than we are looking for to do a foundraising campaigne to raise money, maybe by crowdfunding: this is in my opinion doing something actually usefull for us.  

Then I'm doing a website on pssd with reliable and clear information about our syndrome. 

You can find it at pssdfoundation.jimdo.com ("foundation", until now, is only an evocative name that mean there's a pool of people that is collaborating togheter for a purpose but in the future we want to do a legally recognized foundation).

On this website I want to launch a foundraising campaign in order to found the research above when it will be approved.

I'm looking for people that want to help me to tranlsate my website in most language as possible in order to offer reliable information about PSSD to physician and people from all over the world. Is there anyone that want to help me doing translation from english to another language?

• 5 years later...
  • Administrator

Also see 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.