SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Vitacost Magnesium Lawsuit Settlement - Recall!

JanCarol

• Moderator Emeritus

For anyone who bought Vitacost Chelated Magnesium between Oct 22, 2010, and June 16, 2016, there has been a recall and you are entitled to a refund under a class action lawsuit!

Please go to:  http://www.vitacostm...6_final-web.pdf

To file a claim which must be postmarked before 28 September 2016!

I just stumbled onto this today while I was researching fish oils and ConsumerLabs.  I probably bought a dozen bottles during that time, as hubby and I both take 2-3 tablets daily!  There is only $360,000 available for settlement to be divided among claimants, but this is kind of flying under the radar.

Additionally, VitaCost has re-arranged their "Order History" so you cannot call up how much you ordered of any one item, so we have to "trust them" to get it right.

The reason for the recall is that the product, Chelated Magnesium , was listed as ALBION® magnesium glycinate  and contained at least 60% magnesium oxide (which, as we know, is like chewing rocks to get your magnesium).

SIX YEARS they mislabelled their product and sold the much cheaper oxide as glycinate!

(I tried to upload the claim form, but it is "too large" for SA server.  The link will take you there.)

I no longer recommend VitaCost, nor will I buy from them myself.  They really lost my trust big time on this one.  Sure, they've fixed it, but what else didn't get caught?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Administrator

Whoa, that's terrible. And calling their counterfeit Albion, too, that's deliberate fraud.

I get Doctor's Best High Absorption 100% Chelated Magnesium, it has no "buffer." (The "buffer" in other mag chelates is mag oxide, I couldn't find out why.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.