SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Spirituality, Philosophy etc

cpuusage

Things need to change imo. The current biomedical psychiatric / pharmacological system / treatment has largely failed in it's treatment of the Global mental health pandemic. We need a new paradigm & treatment modality.

So You Say You Want a Revolution Part Two -

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/07/so-you-say-you-want-revolution-part-two/

Policy for Recovery: As a former state mental health and addictions commissioner, Bob Nikkel writes about policy and practice changes that are needed to promote recovery and resilience while decreasing the over-reliance on psychiatric medications in community and hospital treatment settings.

https://www.madinamerica.com/author/rnikkel/

"What would the map of alternatives of handling mental health problems look like?"

1) "Require the completion of online continuing education courses for all prescribers and managers on the true effects (short-term and longer-term) of major classes of drugs"

2) "establishing radically improved informed consent standards so that patients and families get an accurate picture of what they can expect from medications—not just the relatively perfunctory warnings about tardive dyskinesia and dry mouth."

3) "Every community must then create a drug withdrawal program. Any person who wants to decrease dosage or attempt to live life drug-free can do it safely, under competent medical services along with peer support from those who have successfully accomplished it and/or are going through it themselves."

4) "Finally, to oversee this process, each state or community should create a commission to review all of the mapping data and whatever implementation issues emerge. The commission would recommend further steps to establish and sustain a new paradigm of care. These commissions would include peer advocates—at least 50%—as well as representatives from all the state and local agencies listed above that prescribe psychiatric medications."

Various psychiatric drug treatments since 1990. Prozac & Stelazine in 1994 for a few years. 1200mg Amisulpride in 1998 for a year. 1999 to current time have maintained 200mg of Amisulpride & increased to 300mg a few years ago, with 2 stopping attempts in 2001 & 2003/4. i stopped all medications 5 times, for around 8 years in total, but the last 3 withdrawal/stopping attempts were disastrous. Am very unsure about stopping medication again. Have recently (in Winter 2018) had to increase the Amisulpride to 400mg. 

Healing Sanctuary - http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cpuusage

• peng

• manymoretodays

• powerback

• Moderator Emeritus

What I am finding sad.........really sad.........is that medically assisted treatment for substance use is now in vogue.........at least here.  And I am not talking about Naloxone rescues either.  Or methadone.   What I was told was that they are considering long term treatment with replacement substances(prescribed of course).  Well, it's past the phase of considering......... that's where it is at.  So......maybe I will copy and send on out some of the above.  Thanks cpuusage.

Yes, I am one of those 50% in my state.......as stated in 4).  So........often just a voice in the wilderness........a few listen.  They all seem to care.  Changing the paradigm.

I am learning.  I am patient.  I do have a voice.

Love, Peace, Healing/Recovery, Growth, and patience,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

56 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Yes, I am one of those 50% in my state.......as stated in 4).  So........often just a voice in the wilderness........a few listen.  They all seem to care.  Changing the paradigm.

I am learning.  I am patient.  I do have a voice.

Love, Peace, Healing/Recovery, Growth, and patience,

mmt

Thanks for the reply. As far as i am aware of the current statistics -

UK - 20% on Psychiatric drugs - 50% on one or more pharmaceutical drug for general / mental health conditions.

USA - 40% on Psychiatric drugs - 80% on one or more pharmaceutical drug for general / mental health conditions.

That's the official statistics, you can count half of all of them as being addicts (also the official statistic).

God knows what levels of health the remaining 'undiagnosed' percentages have?

It's shocking

Various psychiatric drug treatments since 1990. Prozac & Stelazine in 1994 for a few years. 1200mg Amisulpride in 1998 for a year. 1999 to current time have maintained 200mg of Amisulpride & increased to 300mg a few years ago, with 2 stopping attempts in 2001 & 2003/4. i stopped all medications 5 times, for around 8 years in total, but the last 3 withdrawal/stopping attempts were disastrous. Am very unsure about stopping medication again. Have recently (in Winter 2018) had to increase the Amisulpride to 400mg. 

• 4 months later...
"Sometimes when you are a working with some trouble or when you are needing an unusual solution, only a cephalopod can give the answer or solution.

The octopus is a decentralized rhizomatic intelligence, it has polyamorous sensory perception; all of its tentacles have a separate 'brain' and intelligence. Two thirds of its neurons are found in its arms, and yet in some sense it is also a unity

Sometimes the gifts that we need to overcome an obstacle or fulfill a dream come from cultivating multiple, heterogenous sources and strategies. Shapeshift into a cephalopod and let each of your tentacles explore different and yet connected solutions, diverse synergetic mutually empowering relationships and multiple ways of fulfilling the dream or calling that needs to be fulfilled"

- Jason Hine

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

And thankyou CPU..........I always love your stuff.  Intellectual.  Referenced well.   And you are maintaining on one medication.........you belong here.........or at least I think so.  :)

Love, peace, recovery/healing and growth, life,

manymoretodays

Thank you, that is very kind of you - i don't really fit in anywhere. i don't take any specific position any more - i have been attacked over the years by every 'camp' within mental health areas.

i wanted to discuss & ask what people think of the Szasz / CCHR / Scientology 'camp', & associated areas - that mental illness doesn't exist, extreme anti-medication, & that psychiatry needs to be totally abolished.

The anti / critical / alternative mental health Movement is complex, deep divisions have formed within it & it has failed.

Will Hall raised some aspect of the issue on the MIA site recently -

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/10/movement-failed-heres-how-to-change/

i am personally far more in the reformist / critical psychiatry 'camp' -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Psychiatry_Network

There are many shades & aspects to anti-psychiatry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-psychiatry

i'd like to see a far more unified Global alternative mental health Movement. i feel personally that all the arguments & disagreements within the anti / critical / alternative mental health areas needs resolving, if that is even possible to do? & the emphasis & bottom line to me is in what actual understanding, help & support people are getting.

Thought this may make for an interesting open discussion & debate / dialogue. Thanks.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah........but you do.  Fit in everywhere.  :) You are still standing strong after hopefully just "verbal" attacks from every camp of thinking.  I think one thing I am learning in AA is It's not about being "liked" by everyone or about proving my importance anymore.  Nor acquiring all the latest in materialism.   At least not for me.  Or even always getting or doing what I want or think I need.   It's the comfort I feel inside and the relationships I form and sometimes those relationships I let go of or allow to morph and change,  and accepting........just plain accepting sometimes.  First myself and then I am really pretty open to everyone else that way and living free.   I am finally finding out the characteristics I CAN choose and work on as far as my remaining hopefully last 3rd of life as a human being........   I love out of the box thinking and teasing out of ideas.  It's an art.  It is ART.  Art heals.

I see 2 other or 3 other posts you've recently done and will try and get to them to discuss after looking at the references.  It's fun. Good for the brain too!

I like "in recovery" and "healing" both as far as terms used.  And no I'm not looking to be fully "normal" ever or to go back to something I think I used to be.  Or to have no self care to attend to that might need a professional opinion.........someday.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• ChessieCat changed the title to Extreme anti psychiatry
6 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Ah........but you do.  Fit in everywhere.  :) You are still standing strong after hopefully just "verbal" attacks from every camp of thinking.  I think one thing I am learning in AA is It's not about being "liked" by everyone or about proving my importance anymore.  Nor acquiring all the latest in materialism.   At least not for me.  Or even always getting or doing what I want or think I need.   It's the comfort I feel inside and the relationships I form and sometimes those relationships I let go of or allow to morph and change,  and accepting........just plain accepting sometimes.  First myself and then I am really pretty open to everyone else that way and living free.   I am finally finding out the characteristics I CAN choose and work on as far as my remaining hopefully last 3rd of life as a human being........   I love out of the box thinking and teasing out of ideas.  It's an art.  It is ART.  Art heals.

I see 2 other or 3 other posts you've recently done and will try and get to them to discuss after looking at the references.  It's fun. Good for the brain too!

I like "in recovery" and "healing" both as far as terms used.  And no I'm not looking to be fully "normal" ever or to go back to something I think I used to be.  Or to have no self care to attend to that might need a professional opinion.........someday.

Hi - yes verbal attacks on-line. i have given up largely with a lot of the places that i used to post on. Other than a few close individuals on-line & my friends in everyday life i don't think that a lot of my views are that welcome. i am coming to the point that i don't want to engage in any more mental health discussion. i see that Monica Cassani has recently said that she has given up with it all as well, for her own reasons. 

https://beyondmeds.com/2017/11/06/site-retired-ive-retired/

The worst personal verbal attacks have come from both the extreme antipsychiatry & extreme pro biomedical psychiatry positions, that i am inclined to think are 2 sides of the same coin anyway. 

Despite doing what i can with regards to social activism for change towards a more comprehensive & humane understanding & approach / treatment towards mental health, especially over the past 15 years, i think on aggregate things have got worse in certain ways. Nothing that i can do about this society / system & other people.

i think the far right popularism is a very real & growing threat again.

i can't see that certain things within my circumstances, overall condition & the medication dependency is going to change that much at this stage, & what really is point in endlessly going over & over the same ground / areas & same conversations. Feel that i need to stop the same level of discussion & debate around mental health, especially on-line & focus more on other things. Leave the rest of humanity, society & system to sort it all out & do whatever it wants to do. 

14 hours ago, cpuusage said:

Hi - yes verbal attacks on-line. i have given up largely with a lot of the places that i used to post on. Other than a few close individuals on-line & my friends in everyday life i don't think that a lot of my views are that welcome. i am coming to the point that i don't want to engage in any more mental health discussion.

i have used the internet a lot over the past 14 years, & i'm not sure how healthy it's all been? i'm Not sure how healthy the internet is a for a lot of people & society / civilisation as a whole?

i would love to see a unified mental health Movement, but that doesn't appear to be happening at all. There are far too many divisions & disagreements with it all.

AMISTICE DAY - NOV 11, 1917 - VETERAN'S DAY 2017 - WHERE DEISM INTERSECTS THE IDEAL OF PEACE

We human primates, and all of the many diverse and wondrous creatures of our little galactically provincial planet Earth, are unavoidably gathered here together upon our little globe to celebrate this thing called LIFE, an electric and eclectic word, 'life,' after 100 years of occasional PEACE following the final day of the WAR TO END ALL WARS - that of which veterans and non-veterans alike thought so horrible, that surely 'HUMANITY" would never induldge in another. And to this end, the League of Nations, followed by its predecessor, THE UNITED NATIONS, was formed, so that we humane humans might 'motivate it to be so,' or 'so mote it be.'

Let us not PREY, but pray. But, most of all, let us act to prevent by means of the seeds of peace, truth, justice, goodwill, compassion, the very substance and core ideals arising from perhaps every religion known to man, .... and perhaps some unknown to isolated man.

______.

"IN ALL THIS VASTNESS - THERE IS NO HINT THAT HELP WILL COME FROM ELSEWHERE TO SAVE US FROM OURSELVES." Carl Sagan

Deist Carl Sagan's inspired account of his thoughts upon seeing the first image of the Earth from a great distance in Space, from his book, "Pale Blue Dot" as spoken here:

"From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it's different. Consider again that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us.

On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives.

The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner.

How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.

In our obscurity – IN ALL THIS VASTNESS - THERE IS NO HINT THAT HELP WILL COME FROM ELSEWHERE TO SAVE US FROM OURSELVES.

The Earth is the only world known, so far, to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate.

Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment, the Earth is where we make our stand. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.

To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWPFmdAWRZ0

Thanks for the pale blue dot/Sagan link, man. 

I was born in 1945 to working class parents who taught me to value education and reading above almost anything.

I admire the unreal speed of your trying to learn as much as you can about our condition.

Peace and best wishes to you.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

5 hours ago, peng said:

Thanks for the pale blue dot/Sagan link, man. 

I was born in 1945 to working class parents who taught me to value education and reading above almost anything.

I admire the unreal speed of your trying to learn as much as you can about our condition.

Peace and best wishes to you.

Thank you Peng. Best wishes to you as well.

Duration of Untreated Psychosis Revisited: Response to the Goff Paper

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/11/duration-of-untreated-psychosis-response-goff-paper/

Outcome Reporting Bias in Antipsychotic Medication Trials

A new study in the journal Translational Psychiatry, an influential journal in biological psychiatry published by Nature, challenges the state of the research on antipsychotic drugs

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/11/outcome-reporting-bias-antipsychotic-medication-trials/

Antipsychotics/Schizophrenia
April 12, 2015

The long-term outcomes literature for antipsychotics, which has been compiled over a period of nearly 50 years, consistently tells of drugs that increase the likelihood that a person diagnosed with schizophrenia will become chronically ill.

https://www.madinamerica.com/mia-manual/antipsychoticsschizophrenia/

The 2008 Global financial crash, which wasn't the fault of Labour, it was the fault of Right Wing Neoliberal Capitalism, was primarily blamed on & a punishment / scapegoat made of the poor, sick, disabled & mentally ill - all of societies unfortunates & most vulnerable, by the dominated right wing press / MSM, Tory Government & mainstream society. The Nazis did the same thing. It's unforgivable.

"A society will be judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members"

~Pope John Paul II

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. "

~Last Speech of Hubert H. Humphrey

"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

~Cardinal Roger Mahony, In a 1998 letter, Creating a Culture of Life

"A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization."

~Samuel Johnson, Boswell: Life of Johnson

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."

~ Mahatma Ghandi

How can anyone not understand the con of Fractional Reserve banking created by the Rothschilds during the Napoleonic wars, unless they are part of the scam.

These quotes are food for thought.

Well done and thanks for gathering them, cpu. 

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

Thank you Peng

Shirkers and Scroungers?

‘The language of shirkers and scroungers?’ Talking about illness, disability and coalition welfare reform

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09687599.2011.560420?src=recsys&journalCode=cdso20

Welby reignites row with Government over 'benefits scroungers'

The Archbishop of Canterbury reignites his row with the Government over welfare reforms, suggesting ministers use “completely unfair and untrue” language to describe Britain’s poor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10168075/Welby-reignites-row-with-Government-over-benefits-scroungers.html

Bad News for Disabled People:
How the newspapers are reporting disability

https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_214917_en.pdf

Be Proud all you right wing Tories - you have murdered 120 Thousand people. Proud of yourselves?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/tory-austerity-deaths-study-report-people-die-social-care-government-policy-a8057306.html

From the BMJ -

Austerity has lead to an ‘estimated 200,000 extra deaths’ over ten years

The study looks at the effects of reduced health and social care spending on mortality.

http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/11/e017722

The day side and the nightside of both the left and the right. Semantics are not important to the self but understanding is.

"The left hand path is the way, then, of a passage by way of the senses--the eyes, the heart, and spontaneity of the body--to a realization and manifestation "at the still point of the turning world," in act and experience on earth, of the radiance, harmony, bounty and joy of nature.

The left, the side of the heart, the shield side, has been symbolic, traditionally and everywhere, of feeling, mercy and love, vulnerability and defenselessness, the feminine virtues and dangers: mothering and seduction, the tidal powers of the moon and substances of the body, the rhythms of the seasons: gestations, birth, nourishment, and fosterage; yet equally malice and revenge, unreason, dark and terrible wrath, black magic, poisons, sorcery and delusion; but also fair enchantment, beauty, rapture and bliss.

And the right, thereby is of the male: action, weapons, hero-deeds, protection, brute force, and both cruel and benevolent justice; the masculine virtues and dangers: egoism and aggression, lucid luminous reason, sunlike creative power, but also cold unfeeling malice, abstract spirituality, blind courage, theoretical dedication, sober, unplayful moral force."

--Joseph Campbell, Creative Mythology

• Moderator Emeritus

Ooooh.......that's a good one.  I'm a moon power!  B)

Oh well, the Tories & UK society have killed between 120 to 200 thousand people. It's Not on the mainstream media so i don't suppose it matters.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/tory-austerity-deaths-study-report-people-die-social-care-government-policy-a8057306.html

https://www.thecanary.co/discovery/2017/11/16/100-deaths-day-england-alone-thats-figure-bbc-wont-talk-right-now/

From the BMJ -

Austerity has lead to an ‘estimated 200,000 extra deaths’ over ten years

The study looks at the effects of reduced health and social care spending on mortality.

http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/11/e017722

https://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2017/07/un-confirms-that-uk-governments-treaty-violations-were-both-grave-and-systematic/#.WhE0JHlpG72

& to do all this has cost Billions -

http://novaramedia.com/2017/06/03/austerity-has-been-an-economic-disaster/

The USA is on the verge of outright Fascism & is also killing off it's poor, sick, vulnerable, mentally & physically disabled & mentally ill.

https://medium.com/@emilywolinsky/a-quiet-genocide-of-the-disabled-in-america-a35982e6abb5

4 million dead from an illegal War, mostly civilians & 5 countries destroyed in the Middle East, primarily from Western Military actions. & a planet on the brink of catastrophic ecological disaster & systemic ecosystem collapse. Aren't humans doing well. lol. :-)

Creeping Fascism: University “Unfit to Study” Policies

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/11/creeping-fascism-university-unfit-to-study-policies/

An overview of what is going on at an energy level with schizophrenia is laid out here (active links on left).

The Spirit Release areas are also often highly relevant -

Self-transcendence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-transcendence

18 hours ago, cpuusage said:

Creeping Fascism: University “Unfit to Study” Policies

https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/11/creeping-fascism-university-unfit-to-study-policies/

The American Roots and 21st Century Global Rise of Fascism

Sunday, November 19, 2017 By Mark Karlin, Truthout | Interview

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/42644-the-american-roots-and-21st-century-global-rise-of-fascism

Imagining a New Social Order: Noam Chomsky and Robert Pollin in Conversation

Sunday, November 19, 2017 By C.J. Polychroniou, Truthout | Interview

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/42641-imagining-a-new-social-order-noam-chomsky-and-robert-pollin-in-conversation

Open economy, a resource-based economy, zero marginal cost economy, or movements like the The Free World Charter, The Venus Project, The Zeitgeist Movement, Ubuntu Contributionism, New Earth Nation, The Thrive Movement, or the works of Jeremy Rifkin, Jacque Fresco, R. Buckminster Fuller, Peter Joseph, Michael Tellinger, Colin R. Turner. Countless other people & projects along very similar lines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt:_The_First_5000_Years

All economics / money is an Abomination - get rid of all of it & make everything free -

http://www.freeworldcharter.org/en

http://thezeitgeistmovementuk.com/about/

https://www.thevenusproject.com/the-venus-project/aims-and-proposals/

https://www.bfi.org/dymaxion-forum/2016/12/weaponry-livingry

http://www.designsciencelab.com/resources/HumanitysPath_BF.pdf

Implementing Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and a basic income guarantee

www.sharing.org/information-centre/articles/implementing-article-25-universal-declaration-human-rights-and-basic

All Born Free and Equal? How Equality Underpins Our Human Rights

https://rightsinfo.org/born-free-equal-equality-underpins-human-rights/

http://www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com/

Dr. ROBERT LANZA SAYS DEATH IS AN ILLUSION Stem cell pioneer Dr. Robert Lanza has been named by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. His book “Biocentrism” shows that he is a 'new paradigm' scientist. He questions the big bang and the explanation given by materialists that everything came by chance. His main premise is that the universe does not have any "objective" existence outside of consciousness and that death, along with time, is an illusion.

Tories working in 'your' interests?

Tories heavily reliant on donations from hedge funds and bankers, new analysis shows

Labour, which takes most its funding from trade unions, criticised the donations

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-donations-money-raised-hedge-funds-bankers-analysis-general-election-2017-a7771346.html

This psychologist thinks conservatives are more fearful than liberals; making them feel safe makes them more liberal.

So basically right-wingers get scared more easily.So who really are the snowflakes?

Ignorance + Fear = Hatred.

& so there is actually something wrong with the brains of people who are right wing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2017/11/22/at-yale-we-conducted-an-experiment-to-turn-conservatives-into-liberals-the-results-say-a-lot-about-our-political-divisions/?utm_term=.bf72054d071d

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm a snowflake.  Maybe just a wanna be liberal socialist snowflake.  With an amy G dala(amygdala) inheritance from those loving Lutheran Finns, who by the way, I really do adore.  I suppose it can give us greater compassion for those odd, fixed ones, and their lack of imagination, eh?  B)

I wonder if the change that the experiment created lasted?  As it has good implications for use in anxious people.  Imagery.  Basic but so simple. 

Then what about the:  Educated + Fear = ..............hmmmmmmm, patience maybe, need for further education, anyway got me thinking..........that can be a good and bad thing......:blink:

So interesting cpu.  Thanks.  Best.  

mmt

8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

I'm a snowflake.  Maybe just a wanna be liberal socialist snowflake.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. i'm left / liberal / socialist leaning. i do however fully support all the areas for a systemic alternative to the current system.

Most politics i think is part of the problem, it's just that currently it does directly effect us all & a lot of areas are forced to become political.

My strict church of England upbringing has left a permanent impression.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ah.  I did Episcopal for awhile......may stop in around Christmas.  Angelican.  Church of England.  Yes, strict.  Probably a little mellower here in the States.  I liked a lot of their symbolism and ceremonies.   Lutheran was okay.  More contemporary.  Good old Martin Luther was a Saint in my eyes.

Yah, yah......some of de Churches are very political too. 

6 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Ah.  I did Episcopal for awhile......may stop in around Christmas.  Angelican.  Church of England.  Yes, strict.  Probably a little mellower here in the States.  I liked a lot of their symbolism and ceremonies.   Lutheran was okay.  More contemporary.  Good old Martin Luther was a Saint in my eyes.

Yah, yah......some of de Churches are very political too. 

Economics / Politics / Religions - appears to run this system.

In part i do see a lot of what i have been through in terms of differential diagnosis - mental illness & spiritual crisis.

http://www.spiritualcompetency.com/dsm4/lesson5_1.asp

http://realitysandwich.com/1800/spiritual_emergencies/

i don't like organised / exoteric religions, but i do like aspects of the esoteric / mystical traditions.

i identify more with the non religious spirituality position - i take issue with both organised religions (all of them), & scientism / materialism / Atheism.

The main themes of the psychosis was religious / spiritual. & a lot of it was outright delusional.

Very extreme / severely altered non-ordinary states. The diagnosis of severe schizophrenia does to me make sense, & i see it as valid.

i feel it is better seen & understood from a whole person (mind, body, soul, spirit & environment) perspective.

A New Concept of Consciousness

http://www.laszloinstitute.com/a-new-concept-of-consciousness/

My own spirituality makes more sense to me from certain integral perspectives.

"What if we took literally everything that all the various cultures have to tell us about human potential—about spiritual growth, psychological growth, social growth—and put it all on the table?

What if we attempted to find the critically essential keys to human growth, based on the sum total of human knowledge now open to us?

What if we attempted, based on extensive cross-cultural study, to use all of the world’s great traditions to create a composite map, a comprehensive map, an all-inclusive or integral map that included the best elements from all of them?

Welcome to the Integral Approach."

https://integrallife.com/what-is-integral-approach/

• Moderator Emeritus

"socialist leaning"..........yes, that has a better ring to it.  Snowflakes are wonderful.

6 hours ago, cpuusage said:

Economics / Politics / Religions - appears to run this system.

In part i do see a lot of what i have been through in terms of differential diagnosis - mental illness & spiritual crisis.

http://www.spiritualcompetency.com/dsm4/lesson5_1.asp

http://realitysandwich.com/1800/spiritual_emergencies/

i don't like organised / exoteric religions, but i do like aspects of the esoteric / mystical traditions.

i identify more with the non religious spirituality position - i take issue with both organised religions (all of them), & scientism / materialism / Atheism.

I keep trying to merge my new found spirituality guidance with religion.  So..........me too, although I don't want to "take issue" and debate with strictly religious religion folks.  And so much to be found that speaks to me sometimes in the various versions of the Bible, or the word of G-D, The Great Mystery, Spirit of the Universe.  I feel the spirituality sometimes in a church setting, as well as many other settings.

I have read some on the "spiritual crisis" concept and ........if.........only...........it could be treated as such..........I do sincerely believe outcomes would be so, so very much better.........for those going through it, "spiritual crisis".

8 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

"socialist leaning"..........yes, that has a better ring to it.  Snowflakes are wonderful.

I keep trying to merge my new found spirituality guidance with religion.  So..........me too, although I don't want to "take issue" and debate with strictly religious religion folks.  And so much to be found that speaks to me sometimes in the various versions of the Bible, or the word of G-D, The Great Mystery, Spirit of the Universe.  I feel the spirituality sometimes in a church setting, as well as many other settings.

I have read some on the "spiritual crisis" concept and ........if.........only...........it could be treated as such..........I do sincerely believe outcomes would be so, so very much better.........for those going through it, "spiritual crisis".

i'd love to see a unified World & humanity, with everyone working for the good of everyone else. Certain alternatives such as the Zeitgeist Movement, Venus Project, New Earth Nation, the Free World Charter, etc, do make a lot of sense to me.

http://www.freeworldcharter.org/en

i still continue to study & explore all the Worlds religious, spiritual & mythological traditions. Have developed my own spiritual practice & spiritual cosmology.

i do like the ideas of Universal spiritual principles.

http://www.allisnow.com/blog/spiritual-principles/

i do feel in truth that a lot of what comes under mental health are psychogenic / spiritual crises, But everyone is different & see things differently, & i also wouldn't deny that there can be biological & sociological aspects to all these areas as well. i feel it makes sense that biology, psychology, sociology & spirituality is all totally interconnected, interrelated & interdependent.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy