Fracture and Blood Clot

PossibleButterfly

I have been taking antidepressants for 18 years on and off. This is the longest I've been without since I've started (almost 9 months). I have always had strong bones, but I fell in a bike accident and fractured my ankle. I've never broken a bone before. I've rolled my ankle many times, but it never broke. On top of this, I got a blood clot. I'm in very good shape and 39...just stopped birth control (though I've been on it for 18 years as well). The blood clot also is odd since it happened only a few days after the fracture.

I'm wondering if these complications are related to withdrawal. Since withdrawing, I've woken up in the middle of the night and my top leg (I sleep on my side) is numb. So I turn around. This is odd, but I have spondylolisthesis, so I figured it had something to do with that. Then I got this blood clot after the fracture. Now I'm on blood thinners and very very depressed because I can't exercise with my fracture. I am so close to going back on something....then I google search and realize going back on could be devastating....as if I'm not already there. I just don't want to fall apart any more than I already have.

On supplements currently...May 9 2016

Started Lamictal 50 mg for two weeks and of April 2016. Stopped again.

Tried Lexapro 5mg for a week in April 2016. Had intrusive thoughts and anxiety. Stopped again.

Stopped 50mg Lamictal end of January 2016

Stopped Cymbalta from 20mg Jan. 10, 2016

Went down to 20mg from 40 mg Dec. 2015

Have been on and off anti-depressants for 18 years. Started with Wellbutrin, which made me feel crazy, Prozac, Effexor, Lexapro with Lamictal, Lithium (not for very long), and Cymbalta. I believe there were more. These are the ones I remember.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy