SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

NicoBicko: Risperdal my life in hell

NicoBicko

Hello, Im 24 years old, in february i had an psychosis and was put on 6mg Risperdal a day. In the first month i felt nothing from the medication but in the second month i experiencend wirred conditions like my brain was melting.... since this time i lost all my Feelings interests and sexuality.... i cant even watch tv or read a book, the only thing i can do is starring at the wall all day...its awful. its the 4th month im off risperdal and still there is no change in my condition.... im thinking about suicid all day and had a lot of attempts. I really need a recovery story beside charliebrowns because i think his symptoms werent as bad as mine.

Edited by scallywag
tags added

On Risperdal 6 mg a day from february to june

Now on Abilify 20mg Depakine ?mg and seroquel 200 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Nico -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-18 months particularly? Any drugs prior to that can just be listed with start and stop years.

Please put your withdrawal history in signature

The symptoms you describe are the result of stopping Risperdal. Your CNS (central nervous system) made changes to different cells and processes while you were on the medication. Not long after you stopped the medication, your CNS started un-making these changes.You can learn more about symptoms and about what's going on in your CNS in these two topics on this site:
What is withdrawal syndrome
How your brain responds to psychiatric drugs - aka "Brain remodeling"

Although its title says "antidepressants," this video's explanation applies to "antipsychotic" drugs like Risperdal:

Youtube, 4 min: Healing from Antidepressants.

To find others who are dealing with withdrawal from Risperdal, look at the the list at the bottom of this page. You'll see a list of other Introduction topics that also have the tag "Risperdal" I recall several members who have joined in the last few months who are recovering from a short exposure to antipsychotics.

This topic may be relevant to understanding the medication you took and also a source for finding other members who have taken Risperdal:
Tips for tapering off Risperdal (risperidone)

Please have a look around the site. If you have questions about your situation, please post them here.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

so is it possible that i regain my life again? im really desperate! and nobody is believing me neither my family or my doctors.... they are telling me its the effect of my psychosis or are saying that im depressed... but as far as i know its the Impact of this awful drug. now im on depakine wellbutrin and seroquel. i want to quit them but my mother and the doctors force me to take them.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes it is possible that you will recover completely, in fact very very probable.  You will probably want to wait for your symptoms to reduce significantly before you consider tapering any of the other medications -- Depakine, Wellbutrin, and/or Seroquel.

Please complete a medication and withdrawal history in your signature. Please put your withdrawal history in signature
If you are using a phone or other mobile device to post on this site, please look at the instructions in Post # 8 and Post #9 of that topic.

When a someone is taking multiple medications, we ask that that you post an interactions report.  Follow the link below to get your report. Just select the text, copy it and paste it in a post here.
Drugs-dot-com Drugs Interactions Checker.

Several months from now, when it's time to start tapering ONE of your other medications, it will be good for you to have read the following topics

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

so is it possible that i regain my life again? im really desperate! and nobody is believing me neither my family or my doctors.... they are telling me its the effect of my psychosis or are saying that im depressed... but as far as i know its the Impact of this awful drug. now im on depakine wellbutrin and seroquel. i want to quit them but my mother and the doctors force me to take them.

i feel your pain bro, i'm only 20 years old, and my mom or doctors wont let me get off them as well, since i had a drug abuse background, everytime i suffer from withdrawal they say it's about the recreational drugs that i did in the past or my depression is relapsing, i'm also on seroquel wich dosage are you on? just keep in mind that you shouold not go cold turkey on any of them, like you probably already know. i learned that the hard way. hope the best for you

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in march of 2016 was at 300mg again

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

in september tried reducing trazadone to 50mg

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

currently taking 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel at night

hey brother 

i feel your pain bro, i'm only 20 years old, and my mom or doctors wont let me get off them as well, since i had a drug abuse background, everytime i suffer from withdrawal they say it's about the recreational drugs that i did in the past or my depression is relapsing, i'm also on seroquel wich dosage are you on? just keep in mind that you shouold not go cold turkey on any of them, like you probably already know. i learned that the hard way. hope the best for you

i think im on 200mg at bedtime. do you got the same symptomes as mine? i cant live this way anymore.....

get used to people not believing you. i actually found that the only people that believe me are other people that took risperdal. tell your mother and whoever that i took risperdal and have your same exact symptoms and that there are dozens upon dozens of people going through what we are. also that risperdal is 100% proven to cause male breast enlargement which is proof of it messing with your hormones, and if your hormones are tampered with, then your emotions will be as well.

by the way, you should check your prolactin and testosterone levels, risperdal is reported to affect those two by many people. my prolactin increased after risperdal but of course the doctor won't believe that it's risperdal, in fact, he didn't even believe my prolactin was high, if i didn't suggest it, we wouldn't have discovered my high prolactin.   

and you will recover from this, but it will take time.

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

hey brother 

i think im on 200mg at bedtime. do you got the same symptomes as mine? i cant live this way anymore.....

i also have no libido, HORRIBLE cognitive impairment and a lot of other ****, you name it, i had it for sure....i'm also really struggling here my friend, sometimes i think about suicide all day, but never acted on it. i really don't have much to say bro, except that i can really feel your pain. just know that you are not alone in this man

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

get used to people not believing you. i actually found that the only people that believe me are other people that took risperdal. tell your mother and whoever that i took risperdal and have your same exact symptoms and that there are dozens upon dozens of people going through what we are. also that risperdal is 100% proven to cause male breast enlargement which is proof of it messing with your hormones, and if your hormones are tampered with, then your emotions will be as well.

by the way, you should check your prolactin and testosterone levels, risperdal is reported to affect those two by many people. my prolactin increased after risperdal but of course the doctor won't believe that it's risperdal, in fact, he didn't even believe my prolactin was high, if i didn't suggest it, we wouldn't have discovered my high prolactin.   

and you will recover from this, but it will take time.

I already checked my hormon levels and they are normal... I dont know how to exlplain it I think something in my brain has changed. I tried ecstacy to get some emotions but it had no effect on me. I dont know what to do all day, everyday its just a struggle against suicide. 

hey brother 

i also have no libido, HORRIBLE cognitive impairment and a lot of other ****, you name it, i had it for sure....i'm also really struggling here my friend, sometimes i think about suicide all day, but never acted on it. i really don't have much to say bro, except that i can really feel your pain. just know that you are not alone in this man

did you also took risperdal?

hey brother 

did you also took risperdal?

no, i took effexor, and now take trazadone and seroquel, i remember also that during that first 4 months of withdrawal, when i went nutts, a doctor also prescribed me olanzapine, but i only took it for 2 weeks 5 mg, that's why i didn't added on the list....

went up to 300mgs

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nico,

It is a good idea to include all drugs, dates and doses including:  "a doctor also prescribed me olanzapine, but i only took it for 2 weeks 5 mg"  Please include this in your signature.

Having this information is important so we have the overall picture of your situation.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi Nico,

I'm on Risperdal, about .25 mgs.  Was on 2mgs. a while back (over a year ago).  I'm doing a very slow and tiny taper each time.  No w/d sumptoms to speak of.  Last cut was in May.  I'm also tapering Effexor so don't want to do more than 1 drug at a time.  That's what's recommended as well.  I may consider a tiny drop on the Risperdal around December but will think about that then.  My sleep is still good and I have no anxiety.  Remarkably, I've done extremely well with both tapers in comparison to what I read here.  If you can,  key is to do this very very slowly and making sure that your cuts are very small, even sometimes smaller than 5% every 6-8 weeks for some depending on how you react.  We all react differentl to reductions so it's important to pay attention to your psyche and physical reaction to the drug leaving your system.  My goal is to not have a delayed withdrawal reaction after I take the last dose.  I hope that will be the case with this very conservative approach I've taken to getting off these meds.  Best of luck!

.5 mgs. Risperdal, Feb. 1/16 10% cut or less., mild w/d symptoms (cut too much), Apr. 1/16 5% or less cut, no w/d symptoms, May 15/16 5% or less cut, no w/d symptoms, Sept. 1/16 less than .25 mgs., no w/d symptoms, feeling great.  Risperdal tablets are disintegrating so shaving tiny tiny amounts is how I do it.

2012 to Aug./15 tapered 75 mgs. Effexor to nothing, felt great for 3 months then hit an anxiety patch late Oct., couldn't sleep, shaky all the time, couldn't concentrate. Nov. 1/15 reinstated tiny fraction, Feb. 1/16 8 beads, June 1/16 4 beads, Sept. 1/16 3 beads, no w/d symptoms, Feb. 10/16 2 beads, great no w/d symptoms, taking this really really slow.

200 mgs. Trazodone for sleep.  Will taper very slowly when Effexor and Risperdal are done with proven stability.

Taking Magnesium Citrate, Omega 3 Fish Oil  and Ashwagandha (has calming effect, promotes good sleep & feel energized)

Hi Nico,

I'm on Risperdal, about .25 mgs.  Was on 2mgs. a while back (over a year ago).  I'm doing a very slow and tiny taper each time.  No w/d sumptoms to speak of.  Last cut was in May.  I'm also tapering Effexor so don't want to do more than 1 drug at a time.  That's what's recommended as well.  I may consider a tiny drop on the Risperdal around December but will think about that then.  My sleep is still good and I have no anxiety.  Remarkably, I've done extremely well with both tapers in comparison to what I read here.  If you can,  key is to do this very very slowly and making sure that your cuts are very small, even sometimes smaller than 5% every 6-8 weeks for some depending on how you react.  We all react differentl to reductions so it's important to pay attention to your psyche and physical reaction to the drug leaving your system.  My goal is to not have a delayed withdrawal reaction after I take the last dose.  I hope that will be the case with this very conservative approach I've taken to getting off these meds.  Best of luck!

my problem is that i already tappered out risperdal but still i got this wirred symptomes like complet lost of emotions, intrest and sexuality....

*** risperidone! It *** me too!

I'm off of it 4 months by now and still has no change. You're right! everyday its just a struggle against suicide. :((

Edited by ChessieCat
Offensive language

4 yrs. ago I had depression but after 12 months my mood lifted without using any anti-depressants then this Feb. 2016 I've gone manic and was diagnosed having bipolar.

Feb. 2016- got hospitalized and injected by haloperidol after several hours of being sedated  I felt no emotions and had problems in cognition.

March - May 2016-put into risperidone 2mg and lithium 450mg for 3 months then I stop taking it because i realized i had no problem with elevated moods anymore but i am suffering now with emotional anesthesia due to this psychiatric drugs.

I'm glad I found this thread. I only took risperdal for a few days folliwing two high doses of some other antipsychotics. 4 months off I don't see improvement. In fact, I'm getting much worse cognitively which leads me to believe that either I have something else going on that is unrelated from the WD but possibly being made worse by it. I understand exactly what you guys speak of: the loss of everything that made you 'you' and the suicidal thoughts. I was able to get over those thoughts by working. Working was hell but it gave me a reason to get up and keep going. I had to quit working eventually though bc my symptoms just got too bad. I NEED to be able to work in order to keep going and simply survive as my family isn't going to take care of a grown 23 year old man forever. Especially not when he has a condition that, like many of you experience, they label as an effect of other drugs I took or simply depression. With all this being said, several of you have taken both effexor and risperdal. My doc prescribed me effexor xr and I decided not to take it but now I'm getting ever desperate and wondering if it can conteract the cognitive effects of the risperdal withdrawal(if they are indeed a result of withdrawal). Has anyone noticed those two drugs countering side effects of one another? Btw guys, hang in there. We will get through this.

May 2016 One shot of of haloperidol (amount unknown), 1 dose of seroquel (amount unknown),1unkniwn dose of risperidone followed by 3 doses at 1mg, 2 day period of no meds, 1 dose at 1mg again, 1 at .25, then 1 at .5. Cold turkey quit after a total of 7 doses. Experiencing insomnia, loss of libido, cognitive impairment, apathy, and lethargy

Same situation here. I took Risperdal for one month in August 2016 (4 mg for few days, then 2 mg and finally 3 mg for few days) it's been some weeks since I stopped (without tapering) and I have severe headache, anhedonia, apathy, loss of libido, loss of interests and motivation and no sex drive. 

Please, if someone has some tips for recovery or infos about withdrawal write it or send me a private message. I need help.

Took Risperdal (4 mg for one week, 2 mg for some weeks and 3 mg for three days) from early August to early September 2016.

for those with no libido, here's a supplement i suggest:

"steel libido" by irwin naturals, it's made up of herbs like ginseng and maca. it works for a lot of people, but for some people it doesn't.

thing is i used it before i took risperdal and it worked nicely, it felt like i had super strength in the gym and i had a decent libido, only side effect was that it gave me a stomach ache but your body gets used to it after several days.  

the bad thing is, it stops working eventually so your first bottle would be your best one. it doesn't work for me anymore unfortunately, but it's definitely something you will feel if you're a good responder like me.

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

• Moderator Emeritus

The issue with taking something made up of a number of ingredients is that you might react to anything and because it is in combination you would have no idea what you reacted to.  The ingredients in bold are links to SA topics.

Ingredients list for Steel Libido:

Arginine - (L-ARGININE HYDROCHL

Maca Powder - (Root)

Ashwagandha Powder - (Root)

Horny Goat Weed Extract - (Leaf)

Tribulus Terrestris Extract - (AERIAL)

Yohimbe Bark Powder

CDP-CHOLINE

Dimethylglycine

Tyrosine - (L-TYROSINE)

Dehydroepiandrosterone - (Dhea)

Nadh - (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucledtide)

Bioperine Complex - GINGER ROOT EXTRACT, PIPER LONGUM EXTRACT, BIOPERINE BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT (FRUIT)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with taking something made up of a number of ingredients is that you might react to anything and because it is in combination you would have no idea what you reacted to.  The ingredients in bold are links to SA topics.

Ingredients list for Steel Libido:

Arginine - (L-ARGININE HYDROCHL

Maca Powder - (Root)

Ashwagandha Powder - (Root)

Horny Goat Weed Extract - (Leaf)

Tribulus Terrestris Extract - (AERIAL)

Yohimbe Bark Powder

CDP-CHOLINE

Dimethylglycine

Tyrosine - (L-TYROSINE)

Dehydroepiandrosterone - (Dhea)

Nadh - (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucledtide)

Bioperine Complex - GINGER ROOT EXTRACT, PIPER LONGUM EXTRACT, BIOPERINE BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT (FRUIT)

i actually tried most of those ingredients and the most effective for me was Maca powder. taking maca pretty much felt the same as taking steel libido, so i assume that it's the main ingredient.

Hello, Im 24 years old, in february i had an psychosis and was put on 6mg Risperdal a day. In the first month i felt nothing from the medication but in the second month i experiencend wirred conditions like my brain was melting.... since this time i lost all my Feelings interests and sexuality.... i cant even watch tv or read a book, the only thing i can do is starring at the wall all day...its awful. its the 4th month im off risperdal and still there is no change in my condition.... im thinking about suicid all day and had a lot of attempts. I really need a recovery story beside charliebrowns because i think his symptoms werent as bad as mine.

Same thing happened to me im 21 btw i was put in this rehab place after i got psychosis and they gave me respirdal and after like 2 weeks i felt my brain melting it was weird it was like it was shrinking and from their on out till today 6 months later i cant feel anything, emotions or any good feeling sucks ***

Same thing happened to me im 21 btw i was put in this rehab place after i got psychosis and they gave me respirdal and after like 2 weeks i felt my brain melting it was weird it was like it was shrinking and from their on out till today 6 months later i cant feel anything, emotions or any good feeling sucks ***

are u also unable to read or watch tv?

are u also unable to read or watch tv?

yea i cant even put myself in the perpective of what im reading and watching tv neither i have no attachment to it like last week on the walking dead tv show they killed off one of my favorite characters and didnt feel a single emotion or grief towards it :( im still watching the show every sunday though its my only favorite show and now i cant enjoy it, do you also not feel anything when sleeping and when you wake up like you dream but kinda feels faded and not feel anything and waking up feels like you were awake the whole time?

yea i cant even put myself in the perpective of what im reading and watching tv neither i have no attachment to it like last week on the walking dead tv show they killed off one of my favorite characters and didnt feel a single emotion or grief towards it :( im still watching the show every sunday though its my only favorite show and now i cant enjoy it, do you also not feel anything when sleeping and when you wake up like you dream but kinda feels faded and not feel anything and waking up feels like you were awake the whole time?

Yes its a nightmare :( i hope we will get through this... its so weird there are so many people like us and the doctors dont believe me that it was risperdal which ruined my life....

Yes its a nightmare :( i hope we will get through this... its so weird there are so many people like us and the doctors dont believe me that it was risperdal which ruined my life....

Wow at least i finally know that someone else feels like this, though it was just me i know dude this sucks ass my mom doesnt even believe me she thinks im just bored! like really i know the difference you could still feel things even when bored its so annoying i havent gone to the doctor about to go just got insurance but if they also dont believe me ima pissed i just wanna go check to see if they can do an mri scan and possibly be able to check my brain receptors and estimate how long for them to function i wish you were close by or anyone going through this so we hang out in a group and talk to each other hopefully its not permanent

• 3 weeks later...

You are most definitely not alone, NicoBicko. I've only recently recovered a sense of interest in things. I also remember having the sensation of my brain being clay like. The waves of withdrawal are beyond anything I imagined myself going through. My brain does things the slow way, inching back to myself. But I am slowly recovering. I didn't think I would at first either.

Hope you're seeing signs of your own. Hang in there.

Risperidone 2mg twice daily from June 2016 Oct/November: 1mg; December: .75mg Jan. .5 Feb: OFF

Benztropine Mesylate 0.5mg twice daily August 2016 - stopped.

Thanks zodd :) but i dont see any improvements on my own :(

• 2 months later...

Haven't had an update from you in a while. Hope the struggle is less and the healing is happening.

Risperidone 2mg twice daily from June 2016 Oct/November: 1mg; December: .75mg Jan. .5 Feb: OFF

Benztropine Mesylate 0.5mg twice daily August 2016 - stopped.

one year has passed without any improvements... im so desperate. thinking of killing myself.... any advice?

Man that is a lot of risperidone!!

My son was on that for psychosis last year.  He was unable to talk or do anything.  I asked his psychiatrist about this drug and I said "this is not the son I know!"  The psy doc said: "It can make you a bit wooden"  more like a zombie!!!!  My son was in a very bad way on that drug.  He is now off it.  He also has had a drug history.  He keeps using drugs and ends up psychotic and in hospital.  I dont have any advice, but I feel for you. I have never been psychotic enough to need those drugs, but my son has been prescribe the whole range of anything they can throw at him.  Its not helping especially because he keeps using drugs.  In New Zealand they ignore the drug thing, I think he needs rehab.

Anyways thats my contribution.  Hope you make it through, its really tough.  Hang in there, it will get better if you look after yourself and keep getting support.  So many people go through what you are going through.  Much healing vibes your way

journey

2006 May 40 mg paroxitine for post natal depression until

2010 weaned off on very slow taper 1.5 yrs.

2012 back on paxil 40mgs

2012 august  Lamictal at 200mgs

Valium prn at most 2 times a week, normally 1 a month

clonazpam 1 time every two months

2017 February starting slow taper 1/8 cut down of the Paroxitene 

• Moderator Emeritus

NicoBicko: these symptoms are awful. I'm sorry yours are severe. 

Please be patient. Recovering from stopping these medications too quickly takes time, likely many months.

Many, many people have made it through to the other side and felt healthy and functional.  You will too.

scallywag's Introduction

thank you journey and scallywag! I'll try my best to get through this!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm just now recovering too. I believe we will both fully recover.

thank u risperdalhater, when i'm myself again i will fight this devils who did this to us!

I have been ruined by antipsychotics, been at 3mg risperdal 200mg zoloft for years, which = 5 mg risperdal due to interaction with zoloft.  For 6 days I was on an additional 5mg zyprexa for a grand total equivalent of 8mg risperdal, which is a bit worse than 6.  My brain is totally numb and lifeless.  Whats worse is that I went on remeron because I had insomnia for a brief time, totally unnecessary but now I am stuck on remeron which means I can't smoke or drink coffee without insomnia.  So I've basically lost everything.  I tried getting off zoloft and risperdal but got insomnia, probably from going too fast.  Am stuck on 3 mg risperdal 200 mg zoloft and 15 mg remeron.  I have been suicidal but the lack of sleep is actually helping my dullness so life is bearable.  Since I've been on the drugs for years and you've only been on them a short time you are in a much better spot than me.  I was on 1-3 mg for 2006-2009, went off, and made a full recovery.  So there's hope.  If you get to a point where you're faced with adding drugs or increasing dosages, don't, just wait it out.  I made the mistake of rushing into things out of panic/desperation which is why I got to such a high dose.  Also count your blessings because things can easily and quickly get a hell of a lot worse, as they did for me.

jan 2012: started 1 mg risperdal 50 mg zoloft | sep 2014: 2 mg risperdal 150 mg zoloft | jan 2016: 3 mg risperdal 200 mg zoloft | june - sept 2016: tapered to 1 mg risperdal 50 mg zoloft over 3 months.  reinstated 3 mg risperdal after insomnia.  still at 50 mg zoloft | oct 2016: went off zoloft | nov 2016: insomnia.  reinstated 3 mg risperdal, 200 mg zoloft, plus 15 mg remeron. | april 2017: 22.5 mg remeron.

dec 17 2019: 187.5 mg zoloft | dec 24 2019: 175 mg zoloft | apr 9 2020: 162.5 mg zoloft | may 11 2020: 150 mg zoloft | jan 7 2021: 137.5 mg zoloft | jan 27 2021: 125 mg zoloft | mar 10 2021: 112.5 mg zoloft | 5/26/21: 100 mg zoloft | 6/1/21: 112.5 mg zoloft | 7/29/22: missed whole dose zoloft | 2/3/23: 100 mg zoloft | 2/4/23: 112.5 mg zoloft

3/15/22: 20 mg remeron | 3/18/22: 22.5 mg remeron

current drugs: before bed - 3 mg risperdal, 22.5 mg remeron | morning - 112.5 mg zoloft

current supplements: before bed - 1 g NAC, 1 g lion's mane mushroom | morning - 1 g NAC, 7,500 mcg beta carotene