NicoBicko: Risperdal my life in hell

NicoBicko

do you also experienced anhedonia? and how long didi it take for you to recover after the first time?

On Risperdal 6 mg a day from february to june

Now on Abilify 20mg Depakine ?mg and seroquel 200 mg

• 1 month later...

Nico, are you still taking drugs? I read that from your signature

Took Risperdal (4 mg for one week, 2 mg for some weeks and 3 mg for three days) from early August to early September 2016.

Hello Nikobicko! I'm wondering if you can give us an update as to how you are feeling these days? Any relief from the anhedonia?

I'm about eight months risperdal free and am looking for any insight from people who have been down the road further!

Risperidone (Risperdal)-3mg from May 2016-Sept.

• 1 month later...

I started to take niacin for about 3 weeks and im feeling better :) not at the point where i wanted to be but now im able to cry and have orgasm...weak but orgasm :) how are u?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NickoBicko, you're anhedonia is lifting???

late July...lexapro 10 seroquel 25.....due to mild depression......adverse reaction, suicidal thoughts, hospitalization

August....felt that meds were ripping stomach apart....docs didn't believe me..upped meds to seroquel 125, lexapro 20, mirtazapine 30, olanzapine 20....stayed on these drugs unitl mid november......severe anhedonia all the time...mid novemeber 2016 , began taper.....very small windows of emotion...Christmas....off everything by Christmas day......last six weeks, cried and laughed on a number of occasions for first time since taking initial meds....8 occasions of strong emotion over 6 weeks in ealry 2016.......doubting recovery......

BIG WINDOW IN july 2017, felt incredible, lasted a month or so, felt close to recovered...window left, september to Chrimstas 17 was anhedonic hell.....Turn of the year, January 2018, some very strong days (a window) offering renewed hope

back to hell until late February 2018, strong 10 day window....followed by anhedonic wave for 7 months straight! not a flicker of normalcy

September 2018 ...incredible window...followed by three month wave.January 2019.... a strong window

window subsided, but new baseline was higher.....life since January 2019 ( 9 months and counting) has been far better. Complete anhedonia is gone!! God, I've tears writing that. I am far from recovered, but far from hell...to use a scale, if life is rated out of a hundred, I was about minus 50 for the majority of 2 years..I know feel about 30 per cent of self, experiences intermittent flickers of normal life regularly....My days have more quality and I am optimistic of recovery. 

• 2 months later...

yes 2 days ago i cried like a baby:D i am also able to feel joy !!! my sexuality is coming back! im almost back:rolleyes:

On 16.9.2017 at 2:25 AM, NicoBicko said:

yes 2 days ago i cried like a baby:D i am also able to feel joy !!! my sexuality is coming back! im almost back:rolleyes:

Wow! I feel really really extremely happy for you!!

so there's hope for everyone out here, even for me! Thankyou about your update, for now on i'm feeling pretty much happier and thats just because of that update!

if you are interested here's my topic of tapering down of risperdal: 

Zyprexa was first: started 23 of february 10 mg Only for few weeks 1-2w.

truxal and levozin were for my sleeping problem for only few weeks also.

Abilify:  2mg started march/2017 at first for few weeks and then injection 300-400mg april/2017 to july/2017

Risperdal: 1.0 mg, started 18th of july to this day.

• 2 months later...

Risperidone cold turkey destroyed my sleep pattern for ever.:(

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just adding some insight from a mother who is watching her daughter go through Risperdal Withdrawal and Tapering.....  Glo is now at .7mg of risperdal and we just recently switched her from her morning dose to an evening dose.  Moving the dose gradually over 2 weeks from 630am to 5pm caused severe psychosis and mood swings.  She would rage and scream throughout the day and cry. It was awful to watch. We did not make any adjustments to the dose itself, just the time of day.   What we have learned from this is that she is super sensitive to any adjustments made to her risperdal and it takes her about 10 days to recover each time.  The good news is that she does recover.  She is now able to watch her TV (which she hasn't wanted to do very much in over a year) and she is smiling more and actually participated in Christmas gift opening activities.  It has been a slow process to wean her down, but holding her last dose for awhile and waiting out the changes that occured due to timing adjustments, has allowed her to come out on the other side a more stable and happy girl.  As we look to 2018, we would like to get her off this med completely but realize the most important thing is seeing her smile as much as possible. So if it takes longer than a year, then so be it. Being patient with the symptoms and slowing up the taper when things get really rocky has been key for her.

Happy New Year and hang in there everyone! glos mom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

1 minute ago, Glosmom said:

Just adding some insight from a mother who is watching her daughter go through Risperdal Withdrawal and Tapering.....  Glo is now at .7mg of risperdal and we just recently switched her from her morning dose to an evening dose.  Moving the dose gradually over 2 weeks from 630am to 5pm caused severe psychosis and mood swings.  She would rage and scream throughout the day and cry. It was awful to watch. We did not make any adjustments to the dose itself, just the time of day.   What we have learned from this is that she is super sensitive to any adjustments made to her risperdal and it takes her about 10 days to recover each time.  The good news is that she does recover.  She is now able to watch her TV (which she hasn't wanted to do very much in over a year) and she is smiling more and actually participated in Christmas gift opening activities.  It has been a slow process to wean her down, but holding her last dose for awhile and waiting out the changes that occured due to timing adjustments, has allowed her to come out on the other side a more stable and happy girl.  As we look to 2018, we would like to get her off this med completely but realize the most important thing is seeing her smile as much as possible. So if it takes longer than a year, then so be it. Being patient with the symptoms and slowing up the taper when things get really rocky has been key for her.

Happy New Year and hang in there everyone! glos mom

I wish such support from family for everyone. I very much appreciate your efforts. You are a great person.

Its so difficult for a person in wdl to decide and act for himself.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • 5 months later...
On 9/16/2017 at 4:55 AM, NicoBicko said:

could you please write a new post in successful recovery stories now about how you journeyed to being back from hell.

23rd april2018- 26th april2018-risperdal 1mg

27th october2018- 31st february 2021- clonazepam 0.5mg per day

March 2021- February 2022- Abilify 10mg or 20mg per day

+ few other antidepressants i recheck and write names

• Administrator

NicoBicko, how are you doing now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my first post was in September 2016 almost two years ago, at that time I was completely hopeless and the only thing that helped me to fall asleep was the thought of killing myself on the next day. I also had a few attempts and the scars on my wrists will be there for the rest of my life. But let's start from the beginning. In January 2016 I met a girl I feel in love with immediately. A few weeks later we became a couple and everything seems to be perfect but then on a Saturday night in February my girlfriend was raped by three men on her way home....she went to the police but the problem was, she was that much traumatized that she couldnt give a testimony, so they said that it's not proven that it wasnt consensual sex.. they sent back her holey skirt ( they cut out the dna) and the case was closed....I tried to stay strong for her but It was to much for me. I couldn't eat and I could sleep.. My poor little girl was crying and screaming the whole night having nightmares. I started to drink a lot of alcohol and was disgusted by the whole male sex. I was even disgusted about myself being a man. After a week in which I didn't sleep for a minute I became manic and after that psychotic..I ended up running around naked in the public and got involuntarily committed to the psychiatry. I was forced to take 6 mg risperdal a day and two months later when my symptoms were gone they released me. A month later I started to feel very weak and noticed that I was unable to feel emotions. I went to my psychiatrist and told him about that but he didn't believe me. I felt like being in hell and had no explanation for it. I thought it was due to my disease...but then I started to research on the internet and understanded that I was the risperdal that caused it. I was very hopless because there was hardly a recovery-story. But after like 15 month I slowly felt better. My cognitive functions improved and I started to feel joy. Now I'm fully recovered, continued my study very successful and enjoy my life. It was the hardest time of my life but after being through this hell, I have a different perspective on my life and can appreciate even small things :)

18 minutes ago, NicoBicko said:

Hello everyone, my first post was in September 2016 almost two years ago, at that time I was completely hopeless and the only thing that helped me to fall asleep was the thought of killing myself on the next day. I also had a few attempts and the scars on my wrists will be there for the rest of my life. But let's start from the beginning. In January 2016 I met a girl I feel in love with immediately. A few weeks later we became a couple and everything seems to be perfect but then on a Saturday night in February my girlfriend was raped by three men on her way home....she went to the police but the problem was, she was that much traumatized that she couldnt give a testimony, so they said that it's not proven that it wasnt consensual sex.. they sent back her holey skirt ( they cut out the dna) and the case was closed....I tried to stay strong for her but It was to much for me. I couldn't eat and I could sleep.. My poor little girl was crying and screaming the whole night having nightmares. I started to drink a lot of alcohol and was disgusted by the whole male sex. I was even disgusted about myself being a man. After a week in which I didn't sleep for a minute I became manic and after that psychotic..I ended up running around naked in the public and got involuntarily committed to the psychiatry. I was forced to take 6 mg risperdal a day and two months later when my symptoms were gone they released me. A month later I started to feel very weak and noticed that I was unable to feel emotions. I went to my psychiatrist and told him about that but he didn't believe me. I felt like being in hell and had no explanation for it. I thought it was due to my disease...but then I started to research on the internet and understanded that I was the risperdal that caused it. I was very hopless because there was hardly a recovery-story. But after like 15 month I slowly felt better. My cognitive functions improved and I started to feel joy. Now I'm fully recovered, continued my study very successful and enjoy my life. It was the hardest time of my life but after being through this hell, I have a different perspective on my life and can appreciate even small things :)

Great update . Wish you happy life?

What helped you with anhedonia and emotions nicko .. your cognitive abilities etc ?

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • Moderator Emeritus

So great to hear that all is well NicoBicko!  Thank you for coming back to post.   Were you/are you taking any other meds besides Risperdal?  Your signature line indicates abilify, depakine and seroquel so just wondering if you have stabilized on the other meds or are you off all of them?  Thanks again for your inspiring update! Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

Thanks Nicobicko, for updating us. I have to taper Risperidone soon. Hearing someone else has been successful is very helpfull. So sorry to hear of your troubles.

Risperidone 1mg    (since July 2017)

1.5mg 7th Feb 2018

1mg     28th March 2018

1st 10% mgpw (pill weight) drop 21 april 0.205mg - 0.184mg

Gabapentin 900mg  (since April 2015)

600mg  1st April 2018

300mg.  5th May 2018  lasted 2.5 weeks. 

900mg.  25th. May 2018  reinstated to original long term dose.

Amyltryptline 30 mg (since August 2015)

1 hour ago, Glosmom said:

So great to hear that all is well NicoBicko!  Thank you for coming back to post.   Were you/are you taking any other meds besides Risperdal?  Your signature line indicates abilify, depakine and seroquel so just wondering if you have stabilized on the other meds or are you off all of them?  Thanks again for your inspiring update! Glosmom

I'm completely off meds :)

5 hours ago, bhasski said:

Great update . Wish you happy life?

What helped you with anhedonia and emotions nicko .. your cognitive abilities etc ?

Time.. I also take supplements like Vitamine b complex

• 7 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi NickoBicko, 

How are you doing? Do you still feel like you’re fully recovered? 💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Administrator

@NicoBicko I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories!

Please see this topic:  How to write your success story

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 9 months later...
On 28.09.2016 at 17:04, NicoBicko said:

yani hayatımı yeniden kazanmam mümkün mü? gerçekten çaresizim! ve kimse bana inanmıyor ne ailem ne de doktorlarım... bunun psikozumun etkisi olduğunu söylüyorlar ya da depresyonda olduğumu söylüyorlar... ama bildiğim kadarıyla bu korkunç ilacın etkisi. şimdi depakine wellbutrin ve seroquel kullanıyorum. Bırakmak istiyorum ama annem ve doktorlar beni ilaçları almaya zorluyor.

Hello I am in the same situation with you. Have you recovered? 

"PSYCHIATRY IS THE DARK AGES OF HUMAN MIND"

Amitriptyline 201?-2019

Mirtazapine 10 mg 2021-2022-2023 April last dose was 29 June 2023 - then she threw away mirtazapine 

Paroksetin 10 mg (2 weeks) 2023 March

Risperidone 0.5 mg March 2023 (1 week usage) 

Escitalopram 10 mg 2023 April (used 1 month, but it was an irregular use) 

Free from all drugs now

Currently fighting with PSSD 

💪

On 16.09.2017 at 02:25, NicoBicko said:

evet 2 gün önce bir bebek gibi ağladım, :Dayrıca neşe duyabiliyorum !!! cinselliğim geri geliyor! neredeyse geri döndüm:rolleyes:

Nicko I am in the same situation and I am so happy for you that I am crying now. IF YOU RECOVERED I CAN RECOVER TOO. THERE IS A HOPE. THANK YOU

"PSYCHIATRY IS THE DARK AGES OF HUMAN MIND"

Amitriptyline 201?-2019

Mirtazapine 10 mg 2021-2022-2023 April last dose was 29 June 2023 - then she threw away mirtazapine 

Paroksetin 10 mg (2 weeks) 2023 March

Risperidone 0.5 mg March 2023 (1 week usage) 

Escitalopram 10 mg 2023 April (used 1 month, but it was an irregular use) 

Free from all drugs now

Currently fighting with PSSD 

💪