Disposition

Disposition

HI all, I am new here!  I am Dan

My signature sais it all but basically I am here for support to taper remeron.   I have only been on it for about 3 weeks to help with insonia from benzo withdrawl.  I seriosuly thinking it is making things worse with my head so I want to taper to half of 7.5.  As of now I am on around 7.0.  I have a sesitive scale so I could use your advice.  I will also read the forum  here for info.

Thanks for having me!

Dan-

HI,  I am Dan

I was on benzos for 3 months including a quick taper.  I am very aware I was taken off these drugs to fast.. sadly I didn't know of these forums at this point.  I am also aware that I am in benzo withdraw.

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

XANAX .25 twice a day for 1 month  then cut one dose in half for 2 weeks and then cut the other dose n half for 2 weeks... now I was on half of .25 twice a day....

Got psycyatrist to help me get off, he switched me over to Klonapin (END OF JULY) which made things worse so I cut the night dose for a few weeks then the morning dose was gone..... I jumped 3 months after I started. 

LAST DOSE OF ANY BENZO WAS AUG 25/16 - I understand I tapered fast but I was so sick taking these drugs in the first place and got dependent real fast, took most of this time to find a Pdoc.

I have been benzo free for about 5 weeks now as of 9/28/16

I am still in acute, as alot of the symptoms calmed down as of now I have horrific head pressure, bad cog fog and confusion, hard to drive. 

Started Remeron around SEPTEMBER 8th ...I am on remeron about 7.0 a night for insomnia. On it for about 3 weeks.  Remeron is making me so dizzy and have horrible hangovers that never let up, I have to taper a bit.

• Moderator Emeritus

Disposition Dan -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

Thanks for completing a medication and withdrawal signature. Would you add actual dates for when you started Xanax (last dose date is there ;) ) and your starting date and dose for Remeron. If you can't remember actual dates, please use month and year, e.g. "May 2016."

It's likely that you are dealing with symptoms from your fast taper of Xanax.  You may wish to read some of the pinned topics in our Members only benzo forum.

Tapering off Remeron after 3 weeks while you are experiencing symptoms is risky. Your symptoms would likely worsen. :( You may want to delay your next dose reduction of Remeron to assess whether your symptoms ease with time. For more about symptoms of withdrawal syndrome, please read:
What is withdrawal syndrome
Glenmullen’s withdrawal symptom list

We suggest a slow taper from psychiatric drugs -- to start with no more than a 10% reduction from current dose (not starting dose) no more often than once every 3-4 weeks.  A few informative topics about tapering:
Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know
Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Also relevant to your situation:
Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)
Using a digital scale to measure doses
Making a liquid from a tablet or capsules

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thanks for your reply, I updated my signature.  Yeah I know that I am in bezo withdrawl and acute can last 30 to 60 days.  Hopefully my benzo use of only 3 months on a low dose works in my benefit to keep it at bay.  As of now the remeron is making me way worse.  I do need it for sleep as my insomnia is awful. (i get waves of energy that wake me up when I am about to dose off)  so it is necessary med for me as of now.  But the 7.0 / is brutal and I feel like a drunk all day...I need to drive for my job.  So I have to taper a bit, even if only a small bit.

( You said I may want to delay my NEXT dose reduction)  I haven't reduced yet.  The link you posted about slowly tapering is awesome.  Glad I wasn't on this stuff long.

Thanks so much for the links.

HI,  I am Dan

I was on benzos for 3 months including a quick taper.  I am very aware I was taken off these drugs to fast.. sadly I didn't know of these forums at this point.  I am also aware that I am in benzo withdraw.

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

XANAX .25 twice a day for 1 month  then cut one dose in half for 2 weeks and then cut the other dose n half for 2 weeks... now I was on half of .25 twice a day....

Got psycyatrist to help me get off, he switched me over to Klonapin (END OF JULY) which made things worse so I cut the night dose for a few weeks then the morning dose was gone..... I jumped 3 months after I started. 

LAST DOSE OF ANY BENZO WAS AUG 25/16 - I understand I tapered fast but I was so sick taking these drugs in the first place and got dependent real fast, took most of this time to find a Pdoc.

I am still in acute, as alot of the symptoms calmed down as of now I have horrific head pressure, bad cog fog and confusion, hard to drive. 

Started Remeron around SEPTEMBER 8th ...I am on remeron about 7.0 a night for insomnia. On it for about 3 weeks.  Remeron is making me so dizzy and have horrible hangovers that never let up, I have to taper a bit.

Dan. It sounds like you could possibly be suffering withdrawal symptoms from the Xanax.  Could you keep notes on your symptoms for the next week at least , and then we can review.

I wouldn't think about tapering Remeron while you are still unstable.

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Dan. It sounds like you could possibly be suffering withdrawal symptoms from the Xanax.  Could you keep notes on your symptoms for the next week at least , and then we can review.

I wouldn't think about tapering Remeron while you are still unstable.

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

Ali

Yes I am  100% in acute withdrawal / recovery from benzos... I am having bad symptoms from that.... but the problem is the remeron is making it way worse.... so what do you do in these situations.  I already have realized this a week a ago and have been trying to find information on what to do.   I will keep a journal but I am 100% going through withdrawl from benzos.  I know tapering another drug now is not good but I figured on it for only 3 weeks I could bend a little so maybe my head can feel a bit better.  I know I can sleep on a bit less of remeron.

Where do you want me to post my symtoms day by day?

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

Keep notes on paper about your drug dosages and daily symptom pattern

A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms.

What we need to see for every individual day over several days is:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning
- Time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon
- Time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening
- Time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night
- Time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

Just post them here.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks!  Will do.  I will just update this post daily with that.  

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

9/28/16

1 low - 10 high

Sleep: W/ Remeron 7.0 - 7 hours -9
Fatigue: 8
Dizzy: 8 - think it is from remeron
Anxiety: 7
Aches and Pain: 2
Pressure: head pressure - 6
DP - DR: 8
Appetite: 7
Electrical feeling: 7
Pins Needles: feet 6
Burning:  in face 7
Bowels: 7 - same since I got off benzos

Drugs taken:  
Prilosec at 10:30am
7.0 Remeron 9;30 P.M.

8:30AM woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus. Dizzy, cog fog hell.  Body symtoms are ok.  Some numness in feet, fatigue is brutal
9:00AM Loose bowel movement

9:30AM take prilosec
10:30AM - left for work, had a driver today.  Mind feels tingly, face is numb, anxiety is high.  Exausted

11;44 AM brain vibrating - dizzyness.
12:30PM had lunch and layed down and watched TV
2:00PM got back to work (i work from home as well)  mind racing, crazy thoughts
3:30PM Went to APT. Gym and did sit bike for 15 min.  Still feel out of mind
4:00PM Went to store to get dinner - UGH so many people, anxiety high feel like skin is pealing
5:00 PM  Did meditation for 45 min
5:45PM took hot bath
6:00 Fed cats and watched tv - symptoms subsided a bit
continued to watch TV
9:30 took remeron 7.0
10.30 went to bed - felt more out of it... mentally.  
11:30 fell asleep

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

9/30/16

1 low - 10 high

Sleep: W/ Remeron 7.0 - 8 hours -9
Dizzy: 8 - think it is from remeron
Anxiety: 8
Aches and Pain: 4
Pressure: head pressure - 6
DP - DR: 8
Appetite: 7
Electrical feeling: 7
Pins Needles: hands and feet 6
Burning:  in face 6

Drugs taken:  
Prilosec at 10:30
7.0 Remeron 9:20 P.M.

9:30AM woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus. Dizzy, cog fog hell.  Body symtoms are ok. fatigue is brutal
10,00 AM bowel movement more normal today
10:30AM - left for work, had a driver today.  Mind feels tingly, face is numb, anxiety is high.  Exausted dizzy
1:30 - more body symptoms, skin crawling, buzzing
2:00PM got back to work, a bit better once I wake up a bit
3:30PM Went to APT. Gym and did sit bike for 15 min.  Still feel out of mind but got a bit more energy
4:00PM Went to store to get dinner - Not to bad, anxiety struck but I struck it down. :)
5:00 PM  Did meditation for 45 min - mind racing but calmed a bit...was rough
5:45PM took hot bath
6:00 Fed cats and watched tv.  
continued to watch TV
9:30 took remeron 7.0
10.30 went to bed - felt more out of it... Dizziness was bad today
1:00 never fell asleep so I got up.  My symtoms were getting bad, peppermint tea helped went to bed, had spuratic sleep till about 8:00

Thinking of raising remeron dose as I am feeling like I am in a catatonic state in the day.  Any help on this would be appreciated

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

10/1/16

1 low - 10 high

Sleep: W/ Remeron 7.0 - 4 hours
Fatigue: 6
Dizzy: 4 -
Anxiety: 6
Aches and Pain: 3
Pressure: head pressure - 4
DP - DR: 5
Appetite: 8
Electrical feeling: 4
Pins Needles: hands and feet 2
Burning:  in face 3

Drugs taken:  
Prilosec at 10:30
7.0 Remeron 9:30 P.M.

9:30AM woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus. bBut a bit more awake
around 10,00 AM bowel movement loose
12:30PM had lunch and layed down and watched TV - fell asleep on my own with no drugs for a half hour.  NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE
2:00PM got back to work, felt out of it till I went to gym...
3:30PM Went to APT. Gym and did sit bike for 15 min.  Still feel out of mind but got a bit more energy
5:00 PM  Took bath -
5:30 did menditation - remaxed for once - felt great
continued to watch TV
9:45 took remeron 7.0
10.45 went to bed - fell asleep in an instant

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

Hi Diposition

I understand how it feeal with Remeron, I have been tapering Remeron for the past two years and it's a strong medication.

When I first started taking it, I was in a stupor most of the time.  First night I ever took it, I slept 14 hours.  After that, I would sleep 10 hours a night and wake up needing 3 cups of coffee to get alert.   I also am tapering Lamictal at this time and was first on  Xanax and then Klonapin for a year, getting off of the benzos when I went on Lamictal. 

Remeron is very sedating at the lower doses.  It does seem like you are experiencing wd from your benzo and from your time line, you have only been off of them for about 5 weeks from a dose that was at the high end .50mgs to the low of .12mgs?  I know there might be support and perspective for you about the impact of benzos in the benzos section of this site. 

I can't tell you what to do in terms of increasing your doses but it seems like you are open to alternative healing treatments.  During my wd I have gone to weekly acupuncture, now every other week, to help with wd symptoms.  The treatments helped my nervous system and while I have never escaped wd symptoms, I did find the treatments very helpful.  I also, as you can see from my signature, take L-Theanine for any rebound anxiety that I experience when I first make a medication cut.   Perhaps some holistic treatments might be worth exploring?

Hibari

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

Hi Diposition

I understand how it feeal with Remeron, I have been tapering Remeron for the past two years and it's a strong medication.

When I first started taking it, I was in a stupor most of the time.  First night I ever took it, I slept 14 hours.  After that, I would sleep 10 hours a night and wake up needing 3 cups of coffee to get alert.   I also am tapering Lamictal at this time and was first on  Xanax and then Klonapin for a year, getting off of the benzos when I went on Lamictal. 

Remeron is very sedating at the lower doses.  It does seem like you are experiencing wd from your benzo and from your time line, you have only been off of them for about 5 weeks from a dose that was at the high end .50mgs to the low of .12mgs?  I know there might be support and perspective for you about the impact of benzos in the benzos section of this site. 

I can't tell you what to do in terms of increasing your doses but it seems like you are open to alternative healing treatments.  During my wd I have gone to weekly acupuncture, now every other week, to help with wd symptoms.  The treatments helped my nervous system and while I have never escaped wd symptoms, I did find the treatments very helpful.  I also, as you can see from my signature, take L-Theanine for any rebound anxiety that I experience when I first make a medication cut.   Perhaps some holistic treatments might be worth exploring?

Hibari

HI and thanks for the reply!  No I was always on a low dose, the highest was .25.  twice a day.

I understand the havoc benzos can do, I am a part of Benzo Buddies site and understand the damage it can do and the healing I have to go through.  As of now though the remeron is kicking my ass.  I am a complete zombie, so hard to drive and work.  I take it for insomnia so i don't want to up the dose.....My dilemma with remeron is I am not sure if I lower the dose a bit if it will be more sedating, it is a catch 22 with that med.  I don't want to go up on it as I won't fall asleep and I am not sure if I can go down or not.  UGH

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

I am fairly new to remeron, I have been on it for a bit over three weeks, It has awful head fog and I am a complete zombie from it.  I am on 7.0

My main question is.... "The more I taper will I get more sedated"?  I know everyone is different but is that the way it works?  I don't know if I can handle being even more sedated,.  Im not doing this yet but just wondering if I got down to half the 7.0 will it be even more sedating that the 7.0?

Thanks!

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

That is not my experience but I went up to a higher dose than you. I found it very sedating when I first started but I have not found it as sedating at the level I am tapering at now.

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Dan

I think we re in the same shoes buddy. I am tappering Remeron and am currently as 8.1Mg. You are right it is very sedating and it really keeps me sleepy most of the days. Hard to think and work at these stages, anyway i am continuing to taper. I want my life back. 

The best thing you can do is to continue by mixing it with water and take the amount you need by using a syringe in order not to have mistakes in the dose. Don't get scared you re using it for a short time and your taper can go faster then most of the people in here. Just listen to your body and go on. My situational factors at work are not good as i have a lot of stress in my life and very bad relations with my direct manager caused by this situation that non responsible doctors put us into.

Anyway keep tight. In july being still into heavy withdrawal from benzos i never thought i would reach to function with only half of my 15MG dose but i am doing it. I have brain fog, anxiety, depersonalization or depression on particular days but i am trying to move forward. Remember "This tooo shall Pass". You can go through my intro topic for more info anyway.

Good Luck Dan

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

HI Dan

I think we re in the same shoes buddy. I am tappering Remeron and am currently as 8.1Mg. You are right it is very sedating and it really keeps me sleepy most of the days. Hard to think and work at these stages, anyway i am continuing to taper. I want my life back. 

The best thing you can do is to continue by mixing it with water and take the amount you need by using a syringe in order not to have mistakes in the dose. Don't get scared you re using it for a short time and your taper can go faster then most of the people in here. Just listen to your body and go on. My situational factors at work are not good as i have a lot of stress in my life and very bad relations with my direct manager caused by this situation that non responsible doctors put us into.

Anyway keep tight. In july being still into heavy withdrawal from benzos i never thought i would reach to function with only half of my 15MG dose but i am doing it. I have brain fog, anxiety, depersonalization or depression on particular days but i am trying to move forward. Remember "This tooo shall Pass". You can go through my intro topic for more info anyway.

Good Luck Dan

Do you think it will get more sedating under 7.0?  I am just so mentally strained it is so hard to function.

Thanks for the message, I am going to keep going.  I have a scale to do the measurement so I am ok with that.  Thing is I do need something for my insomnia but this med is unreal.... funny thing is the first two weeks I was OK. but once it got in my system I cant function at all barely.  All in my head.... horrible.

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Disposition

I do not think it will get more sedating at 7.0 even though i have not reached there yet. Just be careful with the drops... if you use the syringe method then you are able to control smaller drops then 10%. Just do not rush the things friend. I think you are still in benzo withdrawal so for me it would be better if you stood some more on 7.0 until you are sure that your CNS has repaired itself from all the benzo damage. Then you start the taper of Remeron. Or in case you do not see worsening of symptoms and you feel confident you can live with the symptoms you can go lower on Remeron with bigger cuts.

Anyway it is you who decides. IN the days of depression just remember that this will pass and it is only the chemical brain talking. Good Luck buddy.

All the best.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

HI Disposition

I do not think it will get more sedating at 7.0 even though i have not reached there yet. Just be careful with the drops... if you use the syringe method then you are able to control smaller drops then 10%. Just do not rush the things friend. I think you are still in benzo withdrawal so for me it would be better if you stood some more on 7.0 until you are sure that your CNS has repaired itself from all the benzo damage. Then you start the taper of Remeron. Or in case you do not see worsening of symptoms and you feel confident you can live with the symptoms you can go lower on Remeron with bigger cuts.

Anyway it is you who decides. IN the days of depression just remember that this will pass and it is only the chemical brain talking. Good Luck buddy.

All the best.

Thanks for the reply, I have a jewelry scale and can cut really small... I have been actually at 6.8 for a few days and am going to stay there for a bit and see how it goes.  The thing is I want to hold off on tapering remeron but my head is such a mess and I cant afford to loose my home business so I have to work, so just trying to figure out what to do next.  I literally feel like Im in a catatonic state now.  It is rough.  I was only put on remeron for sleep.  I just feel lost as Pdoc has no idea what to do with meds..... Sad we have to deal with this stuff on our own.  Thanks again for the replies.  I am litterly cutting thr remeron by .1 and seeing how it goes.  I just can't gauge what is coming from Benzo withdrawl or remeron but I am rather sure the head catatonic state is coming from remeron and as of now that is my worst symptom because it is keeping me from driving.

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

10/3/16

1 low - 10 high

Sleep: W/ Remeron 7.0 - 10 hours
Dizzy: 5 -
Anxiety: 3
Aches and Pain: 3
Pressure: head pressure - 5
DP - DR: 6
Appetite: 8
Electrical feeling: 3
Pins Needles: hands and feet 1
Burning:  in face 3
Bowels: 8 - same since I got off benzos

Drugs taken:  
Prilosec at 10:30 am
7.0 Remeron 9:30 P.M.

9:00AM woke up feeling like I got hit by a bus as usual, seems the more sleep I get the worse I feel sometimes
9:05 bad diareaha
Dizzy and out of it, pressure in head is bad.. normal though
2:00PM got back to work, felt out of it till I went to gym...
3:30PM Went to APT. Gym and did sit bike for 20 min.  Still feel out of mind but got a bit more energy
5:00 PM  Took bath -
5:30 did meditation - was hard to do this time.  flashing in head was bad
continued to watch TV
9:45 took remeron 7.0
10.30 went to bed - fell asleep in 10 min.

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

Are you able to take Mirtazapine and unisom together?  I don't plan to do that alot just wondering if they interact.

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if there is an interaction between Mirtazapine and L-theanine?  Thanks

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

You can check for interactions between substances at Drugs-dot-com Drugs Interactions Checker.

edit:

Apparently drugs.com doesn't have L-theanine in its database. :(

Have you tried a google search?

scallywag's Introduction

I already did and L Thanine doesn't show up

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

scallywag's Introduction

thanks!

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

I have been off benzos now for two months, my harshest symptom is Dp dr and dizziness. I am in such a bad place mentally. My anxiety is through the roof. I am now homebound. I take for Tazza pain 6.7 every night to get through my insomnia, but I'm also thinking that the mirtazapine is causing a lot of my head song, of course I can't be sure . I want to taper the mirtazapine to about 3.75 but I know my nervous system is a mess so I was thinking about at least getting started this way. Going from 6.7 to 6.8 to 6.6 to 6.5 and doing it like that once a week. Yeah it's super slow but at least it would be a Headstart. Do you think this is a good idea?

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

Does anybody know if there is an interaction between Mirtazapine and L-theanine?  Thanks

I've never checked on the interaction but I've been taking L-Theanine most of the way through my wd from Mirtazapine.  I have found it really helpful with the anxiety that kicked in during wd. 

I've never checked on the interaction but I've been taking L-Theanine most of the way through my wd from Mirtazapine.  I have found it really helpful with the anxiety that kicked in during wd. 

Thanks I just started taking small amounts of that and so far so good.  I havent found any interactions as well

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

I take for Tazza pain 6.7 every night to get through my insomnia

I want to taper the mirtazapine to about 3.75 but I know my nervous system is a mess so I was thinking about at least getting started this way. Going from 6.7 to 6.8 to 6.6 to 6.5 and doing it like that once a week. ...

What is Tazza? edit: Thought about this for a few seconds -- your name for mirtazapine?

Your idea for tapering mirtazapine is a good start for a plan.  Two things I suggest you consider:

1. Waiting until your benzo w/d symptoms have weakened and stabilized
  2. Adding 3-week holds after every 4th reduction,
  • week 1: 6.7
  • week 2: 6.6
  • week 3: 6.5
  • week 4, 5, 6: 6.4
Edited by scallywag

scallywag's Introduction

I take for Tazza pain 6.7 every night to get through my insomnia

I want to taper the mirtazapine to about 3.75 but I know my nervous system is a mess so I was thinking about at least getting started this way. Going from 6.7 to 6.8 to 6.6 to 6.5 and doing it like that once a week. ...

What is Tazza? edit: Thought about this for a few seconds -- your name for mirtazapine?

Your idea for tapering mirtazapine is a good start for a plan.  Two things I suggest you consider:

1. Waiting until your benzo w/d symptoms have weakened and stabilized
  2. Adding 3-week holds after every 4th reduction,
  • week 1: 6.7
  • week 2: 6.6
  • week 3: 6.5
  • week 4, 5, 6: 6.4

HAHAH sorry it was voice to text for mirtazapine... Ill  take you advice on the hold as well.  THANKS!  I just get concerned that mirtazapine is the root casue for my head fog... I cant be sure though

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

I'm on 6.7 of Remeron, if I went back up to 7.5 will it make me less of a zombie and I am now. I'm not sure if my little bit a taper is just making me worse or better . I've been on the 6.7 for a while now

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Dan

I am following you in Benzobuddies as well my friend. I think we have a similar story in terms of length on these meds. As you can see from my signature i jumped benzo in 9th of June and my worse months were June, July and August... so i think you are still into benzo withdrawal. I did the mistake of lowering Remeron from 15Mg to 12.8 in 4th of July being tooo optimistic and i can tell you most of July and August i was depressed (ofcourse kinda waves with good days in between). I think you can hold on for a while at 6.7 Mg and then start tapering slow when the symptoms subside and you stabilize.

I know it is easier said than done because if we strike two good days in a row we re inclined to make a cut on the Remeron or if we have bad days we still ruminate and think "OH Remeron is causing that i need to go lower" and again do the mistake of lowering the dose. Please go slow. Right now your CNS is very delicate. You are lucky that you are not working for the moment. I was working full time during all this ordeal apart from 2 weeks of in August and i can tell you that the stress is tooo much, especially if you have a micromanaging manager. But i am continuing my battle. The previous week and yesterday were totally depressive for me but as i see a better day today i think it is not natural but it is the medicine causing it. I will continue to taper but at least for now i will hold maybe 2-3 more weeks at 7.2 and see what happens to the symptoms.

I notice that you are checking everywhere regarding Mirtazapine and the effects. Try to fill your time with other things. Try to get active with work issues even though you can not go out to work. Try to read a book, listen a song, watch some funny videos even if you do not feel like. Just focus your attention to something else even it is only for 10 - 15 minutes. Try to convince yourself and postpone your internet check for the medicine and wd for 2-3 hours. Practice that for 2-3 days and see where you re at. I know it is extremely difficult but it can be done. We are all into this **** so do not feel alone. Slowly, slowly we re going to make it. 

If you check my topic you will see good moments and bad moments there. There are a lot of messages where i was literally crying for help thinking that would not be able to pass one more day... but here i am... still too bad but definitely better. At least now i have mild to moderate depression and apathy but i do not have the terrible anxiety which I was experiencing in the summer months. So the main issue here is Acceptance ... we did wrong (listened to the pdocs) now we need to come out to the other side. There are a lot of examples here and in the benzobuddies of people who have done it and are living normal lives so why we should be an expetion...??!!!

Be strong buddy and just be sure that we still have a long way to go but we will make it. Imagine one thing there are other people who at our levels of anxiety or fatigue have jumped to higher levels of drugs and think that that is the proper solution. That for some might go OK but for some it might backfire, but you...have only taken 7.5 Mg and for such a short time, your brain is still looking for homeostasis and it will be easier for it to find it due to low dose and short term of usage. So convince yourself you are doing the right thing and distract yourself from the bad thoughts. If you are able to do that for one week you will see the results.

Good Luck buddy.

HI Dan

I am following you in Benzobuddies as well my friend. I think we have a similar story in terms of length on these meds. As you can see from my signature i jumped benzo in 9th of June and my worse months were June, July and August... so i think you are still into benzo withdrawal. I did the mistake of lowering Remeron from 15Mg to 12.8 in 4th of July being tooo optimistic and i can tell you most of July and August i was depressed (ofcourse kinda waves with good days in between). I think you can hold on for a while at 6.7 Mg and then start tapering slow when the symptoms subside and you stabilize.

I know it is easier said than done because if we strike two good days in a row we re inclined to make a cut on the Remeron or if we have bad days we still ruminate and think "OH Remeron is causing that i need to go lower" and again do the mistake of lowering the dose. Please go slow. Right now your CNS is very delicate. You are lucky that you are not working for the moment. I was working full time during all this ordeal apart from 2 weeks of in August and i can tell you that the stress is tooo much, especially if you have a micromanaging manager. But i am continuing my battle. The previous week and yesterday were totally depressive for me but as i see a better day today i think it is not natural but it is the medicine causing it. I will continue to taper but at least for now i will hold maybe 2-3 more weeks at 7.2 and see what happens to the symptoms.

I notice that you are checking everywhere regarding Mirtazapine and the effects. Try to fill your time with other things. Try to get active with work issues even though you can not go out to work. Try to read a book, listen a song, watch some funny videos even if you do not feel like. Just focus your attention to something else even it is only for 10 - 15 minutes. Try to convince yourself and postpone your internet check for the medicine and wd for 2-3 hours. Practice that for 2-3 days and see where you re at. I know it is extremely difficult but it can be done. We are all into this **** so do not feel alone. Slowly, slowly we re going to make it. 

If you check my topic you will see good moments and bad moments there. There are a lot of messages where i was literally crying for help thinking that would not be able to pass one more day... but here i am... still too bad but definitely better. At least now i have mild to moderate depression and apathy but i do not have the terrible anxiety which I was experiencing in the summer months. So the main issue here is Acceptance ... we did wrong (listened to the pdocs) now we need to come out to the other side. There are a lot of examples here and in the benzobuddies of people who have done it and are living normal lives so why we should be an expetion...??!!!

Be strong buddy and just be sure that we still have a long way to go but we will make it. Imagine one thing there are other people who at our levels of anxiety or fatigue have jumped to higher levels of drugs and think that that is the proper solution. That for some might go OK but for some it might backfire, but you...have only taken 7.5 Mg and for such a short time, your brain is still looking for homeostasis and it will be easier for it to find it due to low dose and short term of usage. So convince yourself you are doing the right thing and distract yourself from the bad thoughts. If you are able to do that for one week you will see the results.

Good Luck buddy.

HI!  Tahnsk for the long reply, yeah I have been going round and round.  I am admittadly anxious about what is causing what.  Sicne my doctors don;t know and forums give me advice to come here and ask and so on.  As of now I will stick with 6.7 for a while.  I hate that I have to.  I should have stayed at 7.5, that was what I was on at the beginning but I cut a while ago.  Been at 6.8 and then 6.7 now on 6.7 for a few weeks.  I will stay on it.... still hard to get the exact, I have a scale but it is an effort for sure.

It is so hard to except all this, with my body feeling ok and my head so weird....

I do work, I have my own business but I mostly work from home, my GF is now supporting my business and going to be a partner and she will have to do the work outside for a while.  My anxiety and head will not let me even walk straight.  As well I have heart issues now becasue of all this, I can;t wait to get my results of an echo scan and blood work.....that should ease my mind if it comes out ok but I think I will end up on heart meds.

Im going to do my best to distract but it is hard.... I really need my head issues to calm down so I can see things a bit normally.

Thanks again for the reply.  I appreciate it.

HI,  I am Dan

JUNE / 16 began Xanax

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Dan

I know it is difficult to distract... but if you go fast on Remeron now you will have two WD to face at the same time. At least you are lucky that you have your own business. For me it was terrible as I had to face my manager at work every day and right now due to all that summer period i still have problems with my self esteem and self confidence. Not sure to whom i can attribute it but the bad times of WD ssurely have affected me psychologically. I am trying to hold now for some time at 7.2 to see whether my apathy and depression will settle and then continue with tapering.

I think very soon you will see some improvements as you go more away from the date of benzo stopping. It can be done. Trust me. You will be OK. Just hang on. By the way i saw your thread at the patient website. I also have a thread there titled Weaning Off Mirtazapine. You can read and compare the symptoms.... but the best thing is not to read...:-))))

Santino