overit How to taper off desvenlafaxine safely

overit

I would like to ask for help on how to get off this drug and not have to many issues.I am in protracted withdrawal from benzo and have come off many other psycho drugs. The doctors in western Australia seem clueless about it all but really happy to write scripts though. I would appreciate all advice and help.

Edited by scallywag
tags added
  • Administrator

Welcome,overit.

How long has it been since you've been off benzos? What kind of withdrawal symptoms do you have?

How long have you been taking desvenlafaxine, and how much? How does it affect you?

Here are Tips for tapering off Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) -- but you will want to make drug changes cautiously if you are in the midst of withdrawal syndrome.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Alto, thank you for your welcome. I am currently on 50mg of desvenlafaxine, been on them for nearly three months. I am not doing well on this drug. I Get mania, headaches, visual issues, grinding teeth, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, vertigo, brain zaps, palpatations, Tinnitus panic, anxiety, agitation And more. Not sure if it due to protracted withdrawal from benzo and other drugs throughout the year stopped by doctors due to inefficiency.

Been in benzo withdrawal for I think 4 months now suffer with panic, anxiety, depersonalization, derealization, tremers, loss of cognitive, hypersensitivity to everything, racing thoughts, heart palpatations, agitation, agrophobia, decompression of respiration, fits, coma like state, sleep deprevation, insomnia, headaches, twitching,tingling in all limbs and face, stroke like symptoms, arythmias, and the list goes on. I can add more if needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

overit -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA) from me too.

It will help us help you if we can see your medication and withdrawal history at a glance.

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-18 months particularly?

• If you can't remember actual start or stop dates, please provide month & year, e.g. "May 2016" or "mid-July 2016."[/*
  • Any drugs prior to 18 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please include all
    • prescription drugs you take even those that aren't for a psychiatric condition.
    • supplements
    • over-the-counter medications, and/or
    • street drugs you take, if any.
  • You don't need to include symptoms or diagnoses other than the initial condition that led to prescribing the first drug.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • You can find instructions in this topic:  Please put your withdrawal history in a signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet