Non-psych drug medicine in hospital

Exie

Has anyone experienced any non-psych drug medicines at the hospital? For example, I've been to a neurologist and I didn't want a psych drug so she suggested anti-inflammatory drugs. These don't target the brain and nervous system, they're for general inflammation of the body, so maybe it might soothe my inflamed nervous system. I tried them for a few days but they only caused new problems. made me feel starved, and vomit everything I ate that day.

This was from just a neurologist's office, not a general hospital. I've never been to a general hospital because I always thought they'd only give psych drugs. This neurologist I went to said she'd give me different anti-inflammatory drugs if the first ones didn't work because she has nothing else to offer. I'm wondering if I go to a general hospital, would they have something else, non psych drug medicines for the brain or nervous system. Because my nervous system doesn't seem to be heal.

Everyone says we all recover, but it's been 8 years for me now and my nervous system isn't any better than it was years ago. because I CT'd an antidepressant and tapered fast a benzo at the same time. Alto said the worst withdrawal is antidepressant and benzo withdrawal combined because both GABA and serotonin that help recovery are downregulated. and I CT'd and tapered fast both drugs simultaneously which is also worse than CT'ing just one.

CT'ing and tapering fast both simultaneously inflamed and ruined my nervous system so severely, it seems my nervous system can't heal naturally without medicine. because it's been 8 years and my nervous system is still just as bad as it was years ago.

Eating vegetable leaves and exercising heals my brain more although even after years of it my brain still isn't recovering fully so I still have some mental problems left and the vegetables and exercise don't heal my nervous system much. The damage to my nervous system is too far gone, it seems like I need medicine to heal. Just like certain illnesses require medicine to heal, and can't heal without it.

Everyone says we all recover but everyone recovered in less than 8 years and from withdrawals that were less bad than mine, because the worst withdrawal is CT'ing or tapering fast a benzo and antidepressant simultaneously. So I'm dealing with the worst of the worst. Everyone else tapered more slowly or CT'd just one. I truly feel like the worst case of all, and alone.

I never tried another psych drug again because I can't bear the suffering of another withdrawal again. And a year ago, the suffering got much worse and unbearable when my sleep deprivation became so extreme, the extreme lack of sleep caused me to feel extreme, severe, unbearable agony. But I still couldn't bring myself to do suicide and couldn't risk taking a psych drug for sleep because it might make my sleep problem worse and would also worsen my brain and nervous system. Over the counter medicines didn't work, they made it worse. and nothing else helped. I had no choice but to endure it and pray. I

Over time, the agony lessened little by little as I continued to sleep a couple hours most days though I haven't been able to get enough because breathing car/motorcycle cycle smog everyday (living in the city) messed up the the part of my brain that regulates sleep so that it started causing me to wake up several times during sleep everyday and be unable to fall asleep again, which is why I became so extremely sleep deprived.

Over the past year, as I continued to sleep some most days, the agony became less unbearable but I was still suffering nearly unbearably everyday. I had to survive each day everyday and now it's gotten worse again because thiis time stress worsened my sleep problem again. I've been suffering unbearably again and I can't bear anymore of it. Not only that, my brain and nervous system seems like it can't heal fully, and I've been unable to live normally, can't work a job or even go to the market because of the car smog.

I'm an adult and my mom's still babying me, buying my food for me. She's getting old now and can't keep doing this of course. I can't bear anymore suffering and can't live independently and she and no one else can baby me for the rest of my life. I can't live like this, so it seems suicide is my only solution. It seems there's no hope for me. But I don't want to do suicide if there's something at the hospital that can help me.

I don't have much hope because doctors generally treat the brain and nervous system and insomnia with psych drugs but I at least need to try when suicide is my only other solution. My mom wants me hospitalized but she doesn't understand all this.

I'm scared to try any medicine even at the lowest dose because it might cause horrible reactions and problems since I'm so sensitive. But I don't have a choice. I wish I could be hospitalized with non-psych drug medicines and treatments that will heal me and my sleep. But before I go I'd like to know if anyone has been offered or tried non-psych drug medicines or anything at the hospital that helps

Edited by scallywag
inserted paragraph breaks

March 2008 took Tofranil and Klonopin

CT'd Tofranil after few months

simultaneously tapered fast Klonopin, got off it October 2008

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes I've been drug free for 7 years since I tapered. And my sleep was normal for the first 5 years, insomnia was never a withdrawal symptom for me. my sleep got messed up and not normal 2 years ago after breathing a lot of car/motorcycle smog everyday for like a year. It messed up the part of my brain that regulates sleep. I thought it would return to normal as long as I never breathed it again and after a long time of not breathing it, my sleep got a little better, I slept 6 hrs before waking up, then slept 1 more hour, whereas before that I woke up after less sleep. I breathed smog again which made it worse again but 2 weeks something else made it more worse, not sure what. The smog also made my brain more sensitive to food, and also sensitive to the digital screen like TV, and electronical stuff that gives out electromagnetic waves like the fan. 

Hi, Exie.

I copied this from a year ago from your Intro thread. The part I bolded is important because according to this, your insomnia is not related to withdrawal.

Are you still in an environment where you're getting a lot of toxic fumes? Were you ever treated for being exposed to high and / or chronic levels of fumes? 

i wonder if you have looked at low-dose-naltrexone.  it was initially discovered to help people with ms,  and parkinson's.  gradually more and more illnesses were discovered that responded to it.  it supposedly heals the endorphins which then heal the nervous system and immune system.  

many years ago given sinequan for depression bad reaction so tiny dose of meleril to balance... quit after a year or so c/t

years pass no drugs

reg doc had me try all of the  a/d bc of upset due to divorce.  couldn't handle any.  took klonopin to sleep .5 mg  2003

taper klonopin

hooked on tramadol accidentally. 2006-2008 husband had migraines and took them like candy. so i became dependent too.  c/t  2008

diagnosis of porphyria after years of symptoms,  then toxic event made me really ill.

gabapentin 300mg every 3 hours , 6x day.

propranolol   180 mg  6x / day

since 2012

clonazepam prescribed as 1 mg / day  but beginning to take more to deal with withdrawals and sleeplessness

Smog caused my sleep disorder a few years ago but my sleep hasn't returned to normal still. I am still exposed to the smog because I'm unable to live in a place with no cars around like the countryside, but I haven't been going outside most of the time these years so I didn't breathe smog for many months at a time but my sleep is still not normal. if I go to the hospital about it, they give psych drugs for sleep like benzos and z drugs which I can't do. and non psych drug meds didn't help either nor magnesium. Since smog is what caused this sleep problem I thought not breathing it for a long time would fix the problem and then my sleep would return to normal again. It hasn't after many months still. Perhaps it requires years but I just haven't been able to avoid the smog entirely and for years. It seems my only hope for my sleep to normalize again is to just not inhale the smog for years, however long it takes, because there's nothing else works. Maybe if I tried a psych drug for sleep it may keep me asleep for long without waking, and continuing this day after day may stabilize the part of my brain that regulates sleep, but I can't take a psych drug again especially everyday even for a few days since that would cause addiction and wd and also worsen my brain and ns.

Since psych drugs isn't an option, my only choice has been to avoid the smog which I can't completely for long, and just continue to wait for my brain and ns to heal, endure for maybe many more years (which I can't do), or might not fully recover for the rest of my life, because it's still bad after 8 years. which is why it feels like medicine is required to heal. I remember just one other person who also CT'd a benzo and antidepressant simultaneously and she said she thinks she's permanently disabled

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Exie. 

I'm still a bit confused why you're comparing yourself to someone who hasn't healed yet from benzo and antidepressant withdrawal when you're stating your issue is related to inhaling smog. Have you tried any sort of indoor air purifier? 

My issue isn't just from smog, I said I'm also in benzo and antidepressant withdrawal. Smog caused my sleep disorder but it's because my brain is sensitive from withdrawal. Like how we all have food sensitivities and sensitivity to other things like supplements and drugs. That's why toxic smog damaged/messed up the part of my brain that regulates sleep. But like I said, sleep isn't my only issue, my brain and nervous system is also still too messed up from the benzo and AD, after 8 years. I'm seeking a remedy for all three.

And the smog is outside so the problem with this is I can never go outside. That's a problem I can't live with either. Trapped inside all day everyday, can't work a job or go to places.

By the way I couldn't respond until now, due to no internet connection the last few days because I just moved to a new place. still in the city though with many cars and smog still unfortunately.

• Moderator Emeritus

Are you able to get an air purifier, at least one, and place it in your bedroom? 

I do understand that we are all sensitive after withdrawal, but the fact that you slept well for 5 years after you came off these drugs, and especially during the acute stages, is a good sign. But chronic exposure to any kind of toxic chemical such as the chemicals in smog can definitely impact your health. I'm hoping you can either get a good air purifier to get you some relief or find another housing arrangement. 

I don't know your circumstances, but do you have any friends or family that you could stay with for awhile outside of the city? Are there listings for rooms to rent in the suburbs near where you live? Because your mind and body now are more sensitive, I'm not sure what else you can do but find a better accommodation or an air purifier. Just like you mentioned, many of us find we can no longer tolerate drugs or supplements, so we have to avoid them. It sounds like that's the advice for smog, as well. 

An air purifier in my home isn't what I need, the smog is outside. I need to be able to go outside where there's no smog/cars nearby. so I need to live in the countryside where there's no cars nearby but I can't. There's no one who will baby me. I've been stuck with this smog problem for years, there's no way I can live away from it. But apart from the smog, my nervous system hasn't really been healing so I'm wishing for medicine or treatment at the hospital. if I could just get healed from something at the hospital, then smog wouldn't be an issue anymore anyway

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy