SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Eleven10: 30 months off Prozac

Eleven10

Hi mamma p.

I saw my psychiatrist last week, she used to work in neurology and I told her about all the problems I have at night, the restlessness not been able to keep my arms and legs still. She suggested a sleep study before any more medication.

She said she would like me to try lithium, I do not have bipolar but she seems to think it may ease depression but who knows. I'm really struggling at the moment have had some very very low mood. Scarily low.

The Botox seems to have relaxed the muscles that were squeezing my head. It takes weeks to feel the benefit but I certainly don't feel worse.

Are you in the U.K. Mamma p? I can't see your location on my mobile sorry

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Restarted 2mg of prozac 26.8.18..

• Moderator Emeritus

It is really good that she wants to do a study instead of drugs. Withdrawal insomnia sucks, it is terrible. The shrink told me I have a sleep disorder yrars ago but didn't way what or how to improve it. I think it was a result of all the drugs and I am still not done with them. Insomnia is a listed side effect of tramadol but am having to go really slow because the withdrawal insomnia takes away what little sleep I do get and restless legs become a real problem too. Can't win with these drugs! 

Yes I am in Oxfordshire. :) 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Ah I used to work in Wallingford years ago.

I hope the sleep study helps but I think really all it is going to tell me is I don't sleep. I'm thinking about trying the lithium of lamotrigine, I really feel I have nothing to loose at the moment x

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Eleven, I do hope you consider the sleep study before resorting to Lithium. It could possibly cause new side effects and complicate matters even more. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Because I'm in such a mess I really don't have much to loose. It's difficult to describe how unwell I am worse than 2.5 years ago. I have to try something I can't just sit in agony for the rest of my days.

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Praying for you, Eleven10! 

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Thank you shakey j

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

This depression is so tough, I feel hopeless

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

This depression is so tough, I feel hopeless

You are not hopeless because you are not alone! We are all here with you. God is with you. You will heal. We all will.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Thank you SJ. Im not religious but thank you for your kind words. This constant sense is doom is horrific

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry things have gotten so hard Eleven.  I agree with MammaP about doing the sleep study first.  Sometimes things are so awful we'll try anything, but unfortunately when that 'anything' is a drug it can end up making us worse. 

I'm through the worst of my stuff now, but I have struggled through things (depression, PTSD, hopelessness, rage etc) for decades - trying this, trying that, getting some relief, getting no relief, going forwards, going backwards...it's a bit of a nightmare, I know.  Now, when I look back, I see that I was always on a healing path, it just took a long time.  When things get well and truly messed up, they don't heal quickly.  There are so many layers to put in place for proper lasting healing.  There are so many things we need to incorporate into it, so many tools to bring into our nests.  A complex 'soul-pain' requires complex care - and time.

I hope this doesn't sound trite, or that I am saying your experience is the same as mine.  I just want to share my belief that healing can and does happen. 

When you need to find your strength - or even just a sliver of it - how do you usually do that? 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

I suppose I'm struggling with the fact that there is no guarantee that how long or how much I suffer that I will heal.

For a very long time I had the attitude that if I just put enough time between me and the drugs I would be ok, that if I just suffered long enough I would be repaid for my suffering, not in a religious way I do not believe in any god but in a biological way. Whatever receptors/chemicals that had been destroyed would recover.

There is no where or nothing to help when the pain is truly bad.

i don't want to try any drug, I don't want anything to do with psychiatric drugs or psychiatrists in any way. I just want a chance of living a near normal life. I occasionally think people think I'm weaker than them or ignorant in some way for having thoughts that a drug may help me (the majority are very supportive) I don't expect anyone to support medication as this is the wrong site for this but it still hurts. I'm far from weak.

KarenB- I know it's been a long journey for you and I'm so glad your doing better

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I suppose I'm struggling with the fact that there is no guarantee that how long or how much I suffer that I will heal.

For a very long time I had the attitude that if I just put enough time between me and the drugs I would be ok, that if I just suffered long enough I would be repaid for my suffering, not in a religious way I do not believe in any god but in a biological way. Whatever receptors/chemicals that had been destroyed would recover.

There is no where or nothing to help when the pain is truly bad.

i don't want to try any drug, I don't want anything to do with psychiatric drugs or psychiatrists in any way. I just want a chance of living a near normal life. I occasionally think people think I'm weaker than them or ignorant in some way for having thoughts that a drug may help me (the majority are very supportive) I don't expect anyone to support medication as this is the wrong site for this but it still hurts. I'm far from weak.

KarenB- I know it's been a long journey for you and I'm so glad your doing better

You, my friend, just summed it up perfectly for me! Hang in there, hang on, and hang tough. God will see us through.

SJ

• Moderator Emeritus

I know you're in the worst of it Eleven, and far from thinking you're weak, I was more trying to express my belief that you have a lot of strength there.  No one has a right to question your decisions - and if they do I'd say it's an indication that they have no idea about this level of pain. 

I hope I'm still around on this site when you one day write in to say things have improved.  That might be years from now.  Or it might be a lot closer than we know.  I'm sorry I have nothing to offer that would actually change things for you. 

All I can really do is offer the idea that someone else knows something of what this crap feels like. 

Karen

x

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thanks KarenB I appreciate that. X

To be honest if I could be back on a antidepressant feeling good and living my life I would be extremely happy, I would gratefully take the good days knowing that bad days maybe In the future , to me that would be preferable to existing like this not knowing if it will ever change.

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I tapered of Prozac in early 2014. I tapered over 4 weeks by taking every other day so basically ct. I had taken Prozac for 17 years for anxiety and depression. It took almost 4 months to get very bad by which time Drs had prescribed me sertraline and citralopram both of which exacerbated things tremendously. I only took a single dose of each.

It never occurred to me or Drs to put me back of Prozac and by this time I was too terrified to take anything.

The last 3 years have been horrific, losing my husband, my health and my income. I was unable to work for 2 years and now work part time from home which I still struggle with. I'm diagnosed with cfs fibro and severe depression all caused by protracted withdrawal.

Iv seen dr Healy a few times and a neuropsychiatrist who both back my cause.

I haven't taken a drug in 28 months but am about to start imipramine on their advise. I hope to get some relief from the crippling depression and pain and then hopefully taper off. I know this is a risk but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I have terrible tinnutus caused from the destabilising effect of ct Prozac. I also have vertigo and chronic insomnia, especially early morning waking and sleep maintence. I use magnesium glycinate and lactium but Iv not noticed a noticeable difference.

I have learned to not panic too much during extreme anxiety, instead of it breaking me completely like in the old days, I open the door and invite the beast in. This also helps with odd flare up of akathesia that was relentless in the beginning.

I'm completely amazed at the lack of knowledge from Drs about the dangers of drugs but I have also found at leat 3 who are well very knowledgable. It gives me hope at least that we are not completely alone.

Hi there, I am in a similar situation to yourself actually nearly identical, I was on for 18years and then I was given a 4 week taper and after the third week my system whet into shock and I haven't been well since. Can I ask how you got hold of Dr Healy as I wld love his opionion so I can show my gp. Have you saw any improvements? I feel prozac has caused me internal damage and that frightens me.

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

Hi bluebird.

I just asked my GP to refer me to Healy. He practices in North Wales.

If I'm honest the only improvement I saw was in the first 6-8 months, the last 2 and a half years have been a constant battle. People talk about symptoms dropping off and new ones coming but iv not had that, there was nothing I had at 30 months that I don't have now.

It can be helpful to see Healy if your gp is skeptical and he can provide an opinion but he doesn't treat and by his own words once withdrawal becomes entrenched it can be impossible to treat. That is not to say it will not improve in time but personally I have not seen that.

I had anxiety and depression before drugs and they very much improved my life, whilst I wish I could go back and never have taken them, that possibly evades me so I have to either try some things and see if it improves and hope it doesn't get worse or I have to wait in hell for my body to maybe or maybe not recover. Tough decision.

I am considering a trial with ketamine therapy. Although Healy wrote in withdrawal it can cause muscle issues.

Good luck x

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I am glad you got a referral to Dr Healey Eleven, let us know how it goes. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi mammap. I saw Healy 18 months ago, I was telling bluebird how to get referred

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Hey Eleven10,

I just wanted to send some commiseration your way from the "i feel ruined after 3+ years of wd" club. i have been meaning to send you a message for a while, but of course, when i don't sleep well or much i hardly ever get around to doing the things i set out to do. I quit Zoloft and zyprexa cold turkey in feb 2014. my sleep is still crap 3 years later and is mostly getting worse. at this point it feels like most of my emotions have been wrung out of me. my sleep is shallow and unrestorative and my dreams at night are mostly demented and depressed where I find myself waking up after being arrested, or murdered, or gassed and having my teeth removed against my will or other horrific things.

the depression from these wd symptoms never going away is bad and when I lay in bed I have no feeling of comfort and sleep is something I almost have to think about how to do. i mostly fall asleep after collapsing from exhaustion. I started drinking beer last year after 15 years of sobriety as a way of getting some sleep. obviously, alcohol is not good for someone with depression, but I was able to fall asleep, but the sleep still wasn't very good and I eventually started developing digestive problems and so gave it up a few months ago, and am still perplexed as to how to sleep well again.

hope you find a little relief soon

poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Hi poetjester

Gosh I understand the feeling that your brain has forgot how to sleep. I can be so tired I physically crawl to bed but sleep takes hrs to come and then is poor and fractured. I would do anything for half of the energy I used to have, I can barely make conversation most of the time it is one word answers. I used to run 20 miles a week and do double spin classes after work. I now need help doing the most basic of tasks. I really feel life is not worth living but cannot hurt my family.

I wish I was back on Medication and feeling like I used to. There is only so much pain one person

can take.

Good luck to you too

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Hi Eleven10

I do not normally follow your story, but I am curious.

Have you ever considered going back on meds.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Hey Eleven10,

just wanted to update you quick. I had another bad stretch of sleep last week- 2 days with none out of 5 and ended up at the er asking them for something. it just didn't seem like I could go on much further, I mean after 3 years of this already and my sleep getting worse if anything. I am on a facebook page with members from SA and one of the members (Compsports is her user name on here) who 4 years into wd was still only getting 3-4 hours of bad sleep a night started taking restoril (temazepam) (mod note: please see this Post) two weeks ago and said she was getting 6 hours of sleep and feeling less fatigued, so I asked for it at the er. I have been taking it four nights and am managing 6-6 1/2 hours of sleep waking once and have more energy in the morning from deeper sleep. I have even managed a couple 1 1/2 naps as well. I feel a little bit poisoned (i can smell the drug in my sweat the next day) and my left eye is popped way open for a little bit each morning, but I am functioning pretty well throughout the day. I probably won't take up a regular job anytime soon, but at least the night isn't a huge stress about "how will I sleep" and how incapacitated will I be the next day. It seems like a bad bargain going back on something, but I look at it as making the best of a bad situation. I do wake after about 5 hours and think I should maybe get up, but go back to sleep anyways and feel pretty rested 1 - 1 1/2 hours later. I don't know if this is the advice you want to hear, but so far it seems to help. the other way, as I am sure you know already, felt mostly like a dead end. anyways.

Poetjester (Derek)

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note to post

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Eleven10,

just wanted to update you quick. I had another bad stretch of sleep last week- 2 days with none out of 5 and ended up at the er asking them for something. it just didn't seem like I could go on much further, I mean after 3 years of this already and my sleep getting worse if anything. I am on a facebook page with members from SA and one of the members (Compsports is her user name on here) who 4 years into wd was still only getting 3-4 hours of bad sleep a night started taking restoril (temazepam) two weeks ago and said she was getting 6 hours of sleep and feeling less fatigued, so I asked for it at the er. I have been taking it four nights and am managing 6-6 1/2 hours of sleep waking once and have more energy in the morning from deeper sleep. I have even managed a couple 1 1/2 naps as well. I feel a little bit poisoned (i can smell the drug in my sweat the next day) and my left eye is popped way open for a little bit each morning, but I am functioning pretty well throughout the day. I probably won't take up a regular job anytime soon, but at least the night isn't a huge stress about "how will I sleep" and how incapacitated will I be the next day. It seems like a bad bargain going back on something, but I look at it as making the best of a bad situation. I do wake after about 5 hours and think I should maybe get up, but go back to sleep anyways and feel pretty rested 1 - 1 1/2 hours later. I don't know if this is the advice you want to hear,  This advice is not what we want to see here, we do NOT recommend drugs but so far it seems to help. the other way, as I am sure you know already, felt mostly like a dead end. anyways.

Poetjester (Derek)

PJ please do not recommend other drugs, you are self medicating with alcohol and now started a benzo which could turn paradoxical and will need tapering for a very long time. 

2002  effexor. 

Hey poetjester.

I had a rough time with benzos years ago and haven't touched one for 3 years. They made me sleep so sound and peaceful but you pay for that in the long run so I would never take another.

If I went back on anything it would be an antidepressant or what dr Healy wanted me to take. I had depression prior to meds and they helped me a lot but obviously I'm paying big time now.

I understand your desperation with sleep but there really is no long term solution in benzos, at worst I would take them very very occasionally. Good luck x

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I have learned to not panic too much during extreme anxiety, instead of it breaking me completely like in the old days, I open the door and invite the beast in.

Valuable words, thank you. How has anxiety evolved over the years?

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

I still worry about the same things just amplified in withdrawal. The depression I feel now is much deeper than previously. Iv given it 3years and 6 months, everyday is something to get through no enjoyment or pleasure just flat lifeless pain. I never thought my life would end up like this

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I stand with you, eleven. You're not alone in this, regardless of your story.

Don't fight the beast. Welcome it. The crisis is so deep that the cure must be radical.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Everything is amplified in withdrawal, it is neuro-emotions,  I have to remind myself sometimes that things are not worse they just seem to be because of altered emotions. Another thing that will level out in time. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14397-neuro-emotions/?view=findpost&p=130219&hl=neuroemotions

Also see Brassmonkey's excellent topic on emotional spirals, well worth the read! 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/13492-dealing-with-emotional-spirals/?view=findpost&p=257842&hl=neuroemotions

2002  effexor. 

Thanks mamma p.

I'm too low to read anything, nothing means anything anyway it's just words. All I can think about is being ill, worrying and how my life is passing me by. I just can't get that first step on the ladder Iv tried so so hard but it's just beyond my reach

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the sleep clinic but they would not do any tests, they said it's a psychiatric issue and depression causes the types of symptoms I was describing. I got very upset as I have terible restless leg syndrome and that is not solely a psychiatric issue. Getting upset did nothing for my cause. I just want back on medication now I don't give a stuff anymore as I have suffered for going on 4 years with no sign of an end. I can't even get in the shower by myself and 4.5 years ago I was running marathons in decent times. Life is for living and this is not living. ( sorry for the rant nowhere else I can rant) 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I know exactly how you feel and have just gone back up to 20mg citalopram instead of 18 mg.  I was having depersonalisation/derealisation/anhedonia systems that were unbearable.  I need to keep on with my work and family commitments.  I am sure this is withdrawal only but can't take any chances.  I took my new dosage in the middle of last night, and am glad I did.

I think it is tragic that withdrawal can result in such torment, but as a society we are where we are with these drugs.  I didn't realise withdrawal could cause mental symptoms, I only thought physical symptoms would show up.

Let us all know what you decide to do and outcome, as I think people drop off this board too quickly when they makes changes and the rest of us are left wondering as to what the outcome was.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Eleven10, you have been so brave for so long. You deserve nothing but calm and peace. I agree with Joy, but I don't know enough about whether reinstating would provide you with the relief you so mightily deserve.

xxxxx 

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

40mg    Dec 2013 – Jan 2017 (7 weeks reinstatement hell then relief)

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

5mg    26 Dec          10mg  28 Dec

Added Valdoxan 25mg   12 Dec 2018      stopped 24 Jan 2019

Wellbutrin 150mg     25 Jan

Hi joy.

yes I have considered that but they don't live with me now and when I see them I try very very hard. I don't doubt it has had some effect though and that makes me very sad. 

Im so terrified of medication and the effect it has on me, if someone would put me in a coma and i wake up on a medication and feeling ok that would be ideal. I don't know what med to try and I don't trust Drs because they don't believe the problems Iv had because of Prozac. I could try mirtazapine again but last time I tried a very small dose and I was awake all night with adrenaline rushes. The ssris are so stimulating to me even before withdrawal so I'm even more scared to try them. I feel so hopeless. 

Thank you I really appreciate your honesty. 

Thanks tikki for those kind words. Xxx

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Iv had such a horrible day it was like going back to first coming off the drugs, I was awake most of the night then at 7am fell into a horrible dreamy anxious sleep that felt like I was being sucked into mud, I woke about 10am with rushes of adrenaline and a horrific feeling of doom and dread, I got up and stumbled around trying to get dressed, I made myself walk around the block but felt very unstable, had terrible snow in my vision and a migraine headache. By 5pm I was totally non functional couldn't walk or speak and could not even hold my self in a chair. I had such a feeling of deep depression it felt like the worse physical pain imaginable. My body wanted to sleep but I felt restless and tingly and my mind was agitated. I'm consumed by bad thoughts and go over and over the traumatic events of withdrawal and the failure by Drs to be helped and understood. I want back on medication but the fear of further agitation/anxiety/insomnia stops me. I'm dangerously depressed and I need help but I don't know where or how to get that help 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

3 minutes ago, Eleven10 said:

Iv had such a horrible day it was like going back to first coming off the drugs, I was awake most of the night then at 7am fell into a horrible dreamy anxious sleep that felt like I was being sucked into mud, I woke about 10am with rushes of adrenaline and a horrific feeling of doom and dread, I got up and stumbled around trying to get dressed, I made myself walk around the block but felt very unstable, had terrible snow in my vision and a migraine headache. By 5pm I was totally non functional couldn't walk or speak and could not even hold my self in a chair. I had such a feeling of deep depression it felt like the worse physical pain imaginable. My body wanted to sleep but I felt restless and tingly and my mind was agitated. I'm consumed by bad thoughts and go over and over the traumatic events of withdrawal and the failure by Drs to be helped and understood. I want back on medication but the fear of further agitation/anxiety/insomnia stops me. I'm dangerously depressed and I need help but I don't know where or how to get that help 

thanks eleven10 for writing  my situation ,all i have on my mind is were can i go in the world for peace I'm so tortured ,i have a dark sense of humour and I'm not finding this funny what we i and yourself am going through,we never give up we owe it to ourselves

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.