SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Eleven10: 30 months off Prozac

Eleven10

2 hours ago, Eleven10 said:

I have stayed at 2mg. No sleep at all last night and feel extremely depressed today. I’m pretty sure it’s not the Prozac and it me just worrying extremely. I have lorazepam but not taking it unless I really really have to.

feels like something is scraping together in my brain. 

Trying to stay calm 

lorazepam is benzo   look it  up on the durgs.com you can do what ever you want  though  i  am speaking about my  own experience .

I hope wellness well come your  way soon .

I don't give medical advise  see your  doctor. 

buspar  7/16 to 4/17  does  45 mg, 30 mg , 15mg then 60 mg  stopped did not like the side effects  tapered 

paxil    10 mg 10 /16  11 / 16 bad reaction  stopped  

xanax  .25 mg as needed   10 /16  30 days  only stopped 

ativan  1/17 1 mg 30 days supply  tapper off   the best i could  1/16/18  stopped 
prozac  4/16 to  1/17    20 mg start   then 6 months 40 mgs then down  10/17 to 20 mgs   off 2/17 bad reaction  stopped 

klonopin  .5  three daily   as needed  took .5 for 30 days when getting   on Prozac 5/1/17 stopped   then started again  1/2/18 to 4/10 stopped by tapering over 30 days down to .125 a day. though time, but  better now stopped 

Mertizipine   11/16 to present started 15 mg  at 7.5 mg  4/17 to  7/18 ,  7/4/18   3.5 mg  skipping does  the plan was to go off it while on  Prozac  but  it never worked    back on 7.5 mg 

Thanks. 

I said I have lorazepam in my possession. I’m not taking it or have taken it. 

I know all about benzos and their dangers.. lorazepam would be a very last resort for me but I haven’t taken it yet

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Restarted 2mg of prozac 26.8.18..

Please helo

last night I woke at 3am and could not move. 

I have never felt like that. I was swimming in such an uncomfortable feeling of depression that I can’t describe. I couldn’t breathe it was so severe. It felt like a chemical depression so bad all I could think was how can I die when I can’t move 

is this a reaction to prozac? Do I keep taking it? Please advise me? 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I feel in a very very difficult situation. 

I read about people recovering after many years and I’m happy to wait for that to happen. But I’m very very depressed. I don’t mean low mood I mean can’t dress, eat, make a cup of tea depressed. I feel completely broken and hopeless 

I know nobody can fix me this is just a forum but I genuinely don’t know what to do. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I wish I knew something that would help. :(

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Eleven10 said:

Please helo

last night I woke at 3am and could not move. 

I have never felt like that. I was swimming in such an uncomfortable feeling of depression that I can’t describe. I couldn’t breathe it was so severe. It felt like a chemical depression so bad all I could think was how can I die when I can’t move 

is this a reaction to prozac? Do I keep taking it? Please advise me? 

What do you mean, you could not move? How long did this last?

How much did you sleep?

Do you feel better or worse since starting 2mg Prozac on August 26?

On 9/4/2018 at 1:49 AM, Iatrogenesis said:

When I first started reading about WD way back when in London over 3 years ago, I read this piece of advice: if on reinstating, your symptoms disappear immediately, it was withdrawal, not a relapse. I don't remember if it was mind.org.uk giving that advice, or Joanna Moncrieff. But that also reinforced the idea that reinstating a full dose immediately removes the WD for most people, they just don't know what's hitting them. Although, I don't really believe in "relapses" now.

Yes, we know. That is conventional medicine information that is outdated. Please read in the Journals forum for scientific papers about withdrawal.

@Iatrogenesis @bluepm -- thank you for your efforts to help Eleven10. Please stop suggesting drugs in her Intro topic.

Your posts are making it difficult to follow Eleven10's reports, which are very important. Show some consideration to Eleven10 and leave her topic to her.

You do not need to respond to this warning, only heed it.

Edited by ChessieCat
his/him to her

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It was the worst feeling I have ever had. I felt like I couldn’t move my body but was swimming in a horrible depression. Couldn’t take a full breath

i slept a little more than 3 hrs all night. 

I didn’t feel much different untill last night. 

Have felt dreadful today. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

This is the 4 th night in a row with just 3 hrs sleep. Waking up to vibrating again.

not sure if to stop the Prozac. I’m not sure if it it the Prozac or the increased stress. My partner of many years had had enough and the holiday we booked many months ago he has gone on on his own as I was just too ill. It’s not his fault he is very caring. There is only so much someone can take. 

I was pushed to start the Prozac because I want to get better so much. We only see each other once a week since this has happened.

i feel at breaking point. It’s the depression and insomnia I can’t take and the endless endless thoughts looping on repeat.

iv Been clinging to life for 5 years and without sounding overdramtic, I feel my fingers slipping. 

PS I know nobody has a magic wand but thoughts on if to slog on with Prozac? Iv read some good stories of people with the endless thoughts going back to Prozac and feeling better. But, made the mistake of reading Shipkos article on how it can cause permanent illness. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Plus why I have become so obsessed with my phone. I unlock it every few seconds for no reason. I’m not on social media anymore so I’m not looking at anything. I hate it. I used to go hours without looking at it when I was well. Drives me insane 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Pretty sure it’s my thoughts.

just tried to nap and I feel myself falling asleep then soon as the thoughts come I feel the waves of adrenaline come over me. The same thought of something coming up that I really want to do but can’t comes in my head then bang adrenaline/cortisol whatever it is makes me vibrate like my fridge. 

So so depressed

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Reading your posts, Eleven10, I think you describe being "depressed" once as "not low mood"?

To myself, and my 40 years experience of illness (off and on), you sound more "extremely fatigued" and suffering from "acute anxiety".

Maybe clarification will help the moderators.

Anyway, whatever it is, you are clearly suffering a lot and I send best wishes.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

This is the 4 th night in a row with just 3 hrs sleep. Waking up to vibrating again.

not sure if to stop the Prozac. I’m not sure if it it the Prozac or the increased stress. 

I have a lot of personal stress at the moment.

i booked a holiday many months ago with my partner of many years. It was the first holiday in years. Iv been too unwell to travel so he has gone alone. 

Its so difficult, he’s a caring person but there is only so much someone can take.

if I could just sleep without the torture of adrenaline and looping thoughts I would do the rest. I’m super strong deep down.

im not ashamed to say I would do anything to feel like I did 5 years ago on Prozac. I had a sense of well-being and a sense of the future. 

If I can’t take an AD I will accept that but I can’t carry on with no rest 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

4 hours ago, peng said:

Reading your posts, Eleven10, I think you describe being "depressed" once as "not low mood"?

To myself, and my 40 years experience of illness (off and on), you sound more "extremely fatigued" and suffering from "acute anxiety".

Maybe clarification will help the moderators.

Anyway, whatever it is, you are clearly suffering a lot and I send best wishes.

Iv had depression since I was 17. It’s hoplessness now. Constantly crying. Unable to function

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

7 hours ago, Eleven10 said:

just tried to nap and I feel myself falling asleep then soon as the thoughts come I feel the waves of adrenaline come over me. The same thought of something coming up that I really want to do but can’t comes in my head then bang adrenaline/cortisol whatever it is makes me vibrate like my fridge. 

I would call this a cortisol spike.  This is what happens to me when I try to nap.  People call them "toxic naps."  It also happens to me when I wake up in the night and when I wake up in the morning.   I don't have any advice, but I want to point out that this has been my experience of WD for quite a while now -- since December of 2017.

Is the vibrating feeling new?  I get the vibrating feeling, too, but it is less frequent now.  

From your post I get the impression that you are experiencing these types of spikes followed by thoughts of loss or sadness that lead to depression for the first time in your WD.  Is that true? If so, I don't pretend to know what that might mean.  However, perhaps it might be important to know that someone else has experienced the same.  I go through this nearly every night and nearly every morning when in a wave.  My thoughts loop on and on unless I break the cycle by turning my attention to something else.  This has been happening to me for months and months.  I hate it, but I got used to it, I suppose.

I used to do the same thing with my phone--checking, rechecking--over and over although there was nothing to check.  

To me, everything you are describing sounds like normal WD based on my experience.  The aspect that is different for you is that you have reinstated.  My symptoms did not appear after reinstatement.  Rather, after months of Akathisia, my symptoms "settled in" to being what you have described.  They come and go just like all the other symptoms such as poor appetite or exhaustion.  

My theory is that my brain is sending out signals because of the hormones and neurotransmitter imbalances caused by WD, and my mind is trying to interpret them.  My mind decides that X, y or z part of my life is the "problem," and it keeps trying to get me to act on that thought -- to fix the problem.  But often there is so much anxiety that I can't bring myself to act.  If I'm not anxious, I'm too tired to act.  My mind doesn't give up and the thought recur consistently -- looping as you say.  It's maddening.

The thing that helps me the most is to remove myself from the environment I am in and experience a different environment.  That might break the cycling thoughts.  I can go outside, go for a walk or just sit outside.  If I can't go outside, I might read a book or watch TV.  I used to read a book outside if was too weak to go anywhere.  The thoughts might intrude upon anything I try to do, but walking seems to be the best thing to alleviate the bad feelings.  Eventually, I got to the point that I could walk almost every day.  That may seem very far off for you right now.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

20 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I would call this a cortisol spike.  This is what happens to me when I try to nap.  People call them "toxic naps."  It also happens to me when I wake up in the night and when I wake up in the morning.   I don't have any advice, but I want to point out that this has been my experience of WD for quite a while now -- since December of 2017.

Is the vibrating feeling new?  I get the vibrating feeling, too, but it is less frequent now.  

From your post I get the impression that you are experiencing these types of spikes followed by thoughts of loss or sadness that lead to depression for the first time in your WD.  Is that true? If so, I don't pretend to know what that might mean.  However, perhaps it might be important to know that someone else has experienced the same.  I go through this nearly every night and nearly every morning when in a wave.  My thoughts loop on and on unless I break the cycle by turning my attention to something else.  This has been happening to me for months and months.  I hate it, but I got used to it, I suppose.

I used to do the same thing with my phone--checking, rechecking--over and over although there was nothing to check.  

To me, everything you are describing sounds like normal WD based on my experience.  The aspect that is different for you is that you have reinstated.  My symptoms did not appear after reinstatement.  Rather, after months of Akathisia, my symptoms "settled in" to being what you have described.  They come and go just like all the other symptoms such as poor appetite or exhaustion.  

My theory is that my brain is sending out signals because of the hormones and neurotransmitter imbalances caused by WD, and my mind is trying to interpret them.  My mind decides that X, y or z part of my life is the "problem," and it keeps trying to get me to act on that thought -- to fix the problem.  But often there is so much anxiety that I can't bring myself to act.  If I'm not anxious, I'm too tired to act.  My mind doesn't give up and the thought recur consistently -- looping as you say.  It's maddening.

Hi Rosetta

thank you.

no none of this is new. The vibrating and cortisol spikes have been a constant since 2013. 

It gets much worse during periods of stress. Last year when I nearly lost my house. Year before my job.

i May get a week or so when they are not as bad but always comes back 

my problem is trying to decide if this time it’s the stress or the drug.

my depression and hoplesness is much stronger now and my resolve has gone.

i feel like I’m in pure survival mode and have been for so long. 

My gp now says she would support lamotrigine. Wish she had decided this earlier I would have tried that instead of the Prozac! 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Suicidal today. Been to the drs and they said to stop prozac and try citralopram.

obviously not going to but just increased the hopelessness. Could not even speak to the dr when she started telling me what a fantastic medicine it is. I just got up and walked out. Iv never been rude in my life to anyone. 

Laid on on my sofa ears screaming, head banging. Look about 105. 

my friend just asked me to come to a salsa class and it’s all I want to do in the world is go but I know it would be like torture.

keep having thoughts of driving  to the river and jumping in.. 

this time 5 years ago I would be coming home from work putting my trainers on running 5 miles then taking my gorgeous beautiful child for food.

i know you have to deal with the cards you’ve been dealt but what horrible vile thing can last 5 years.. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

What I do find it if I can do it exercise helps.. it’s so hard but if I can do it it temporarily lifts me slightly

does this mean it’s seratonin thing? I don’t mean the imbalance rubbish I mean the imbalance the drugs have caused. Exercise doesn’t rev me up like iv heard some people say I just very rarely have the Energy especially in the day. 

I need to try something else. I really really don’t want to die 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

If exercise helps, try your hardest to do it. Even if it’s just a small walk and build up to it.  I really hope you can get through this and hang on.

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

I just want to feel better more than anytime in the last 4.8 years.

i feel like something’s scraping together in my head and I’m scared to go to bed because I know ill wake up at 2am with the worst feeling of doom and sadness. I’m scared I lack the strength to end it 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

5 hours ago, Eleven10 said:

I just want to feel better more than anytime in the last 4.8 years.

i feel like something’s scraping together in my head and I’m scared to go to bed because I know ill wake up at 2am with the worst feeling of doom and sadness. I’m scared I lack the strength to end it 

No, it takes incredible strength to endure this. You have done amazing. You’re going to come through the other side of this.

Thanks. Terrible night. 2, 2 hrs sleeps.

wave after wave of cortisol this morning.

took 10mg of propranolol 

Need something to ease my thoughts and ruminations 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

On 8/28/2018 at 9:49 AM, Eleven10 said:

Hi. I CT Prozac almost 5 years ago and have had snow ever since. I also have vertigo, migraines and other vision and balance problems and tinnitus 

it is very distressing. I can empathise 

Have you reported this on Dr Healy’s risk.org site?

Hi Eleven10. I got visual snow after coming off Venlafaxine. Has your visual snow improved? 

Citalopram 30mg 2008 - 2015
Citalopram 30mg + Mirtazapine 15mg 2015 - 2016
Venlafaxine 150mg + Mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg 2016 - 2017
Venlafaxine 150mg + Amitriptyline 50mg January 2017. Coming off Venlafaxine took about 8 months 
March 2018 stopped venlafaxine. Increased amitriptyline to 150mg over two weeks end of March. Couldn't tolerate side effects. CT for 5 days then went back to 50mg amitriptyline since 8 April 2018

Why do I still have a Akathesia after 5 years. Can never have a still mind. Nothing is still. Fast fast fast feeling in my brain all the time. 

My neck has been stiff for all this time. It’s like the muscles are ridged all the way up my spine 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• Administrator
On 9/5/2018 at 12:49 PM, Eleven10 said:

It lasted about an hour. 

That sounds like sleep paralysis. How often does it happen?

On 9/6/2018 at 2:49 AM, Eleven10 said:

Plus why I have become so obsessed with my phone. I unlock it every few seconds for no reason. I’m not on social media anymore so I’m not looking at anything. I hate it. I used to go hours without looking at it when I was well. Drives me insane 

Stop this.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:07 AM, Eleven10 said:

It sounds like you need to acquire some coping skills. Strongly advise you to meditate. Seeing a therapist who will coach you in Cognitive Behavior Therapy may help break bad habits and repetitive thoughts. Sometimes putting repetitive thoughts in a journal is enough to settle them. See Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

I urge you to read extensively among the pinned topics in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:40 AM, Eleven10 said:

not sure if to stop the Prozac. I’m not sure if it it the Prozac or the increased stress. 

I have a lot of personal stress at the moment.

i booked a holiday many months ago with my partner of many years. It was the first holiday in years. Iv been too unwell to travel so he has gone alone. 

Its so difficult, he’s a caring person but there is only so much someone can take.

if I could just sleep without the torture of adrenaline and looping thoughts I would do the rest. I’m super strong deep down.

im not ashamed to say I would do anything to feel like I did 5 years ago on Prozac. I had a sense of well-being and a sense of the future. 

If I can’t take an AD I will accept that but I can’t carry on with no rest

Is this sleep pattern an improvement or has it gotten worse since you started 2mg Prozac?

What time of day do you take Prozac? What is your daily symptom pattern? I have asked for this essential information before but you have not responded.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:54 PM, Eleven10 said:

What I do find it if I can do it exercise helps.. it’s so hard but if I can do it it temporarily lifts me slightly

does this mean it’s seratonin thing? I don’t mean the imbalance rubbish I mean the imbalance the drugs have caused. Exercise doesn’t rev me up like iv heard some people say I just very rarely have the Energy especially in the day. 

I need to try something else. I really really don’t want to die 

It's not a serotonin thing, necessarily. Gentle exercise, such as walking, can help circulation throughout the body and  the nervous system to balance itself.

Eleven10, please take care to complete answer my questions. You are posting here without doing this. We cannot help you without essential information such as your daily drug schedule and symptom pattern

Again: Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I had to stop the Prozac.

i got terrible restlessness, depression and huge cortisol spikes.

i feel like it’s thrown me back 3 years.

sleeping 2-3 hrs a night.

i spoke to dr Shipko he says I have withdrawal akathesia and any antidepressants can make it worse.

he said to take a benzo once a week. But I was reliant on them for a long time and they took me 2 years to come off. Not had one in many years

I feel without hope and feel I need to leave this world. I cannot do another winter like this 

I will never understand how this has happened 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I haven't managed to read your entire thread but I am getting there but it is clear you need help getting a break from this nightmare! I have yet to see any posts where you mention having tried magnesium so I apologize for not having read your entire thread if you have tried it already. 

I have akathisia as part of my withdrawal waves, although it is a symptom I have not researched thoroughly, it often affects my legs and jaw and I imagine that based on how it feels, it is like it rattles my brain too. Anyway, based on the fact that most people are slightly to moderately deficient in magnesium, I recommend taking some orally. Absorption from oral consumption is not optimum but magnesium baths are not an option for me - I would be bored out of my mind sitting in the bath! 

Even if your diet is replete in magnesium, supplementation may be necessary, because the foods we believe to have magnesium may not have as much as their theoretical limit. I have found it has a calming effect and makes me sleepy and relaxed. It is contraindicated in people with renal insufficiency and may cause indigestion in modest amounts. Please check with your doctor before taking it but as long as you are within safe levels, there should be no side effects and it will give you the benefit of calming your body and make you sleep longer.

Your situation is difficult because it seems your wave is endless and because of its intensity, you cannot discern positive changes or monitor things systematically. A health diary has been the most useful tool for me in dealing with withdrawal as well as managing my CBT. I just write the date and put a paragraph or two rating symptoms and what I remember as significant; I don't stress about making it too formulaic or perfect. It is a memory aid and a body of evidence. However, if you really feel you are now worse having tried Prozac again then it may be that the dose was too high or it just isn't suitable at any dose. 

I understand the appeal of a benzo and you are aware of the problems they bring as well as the requirement to withdraw from them properly too. In your situation, I would try magnesium first. If you can, please discuss magnesium with your doctor and take enough to make a difference.

Wishing you some peace and sleep. 

2012: 2 weeks of paroxetine, I cannot recall the dose. Strong side effects, stopped cold turkey, had intense, horrible withdrawal thereafter

2012 to 2016: Fluoxetine 40mg daily, sometimes 20mg daily, a couple of bad tapers under doctor's advisement, increasingly bad withdrawal symptoms with each major dose change

Oct 2016 to June 2017: 10-month reinstatement of 20mg fluoxetine daily to stabilize. A very difficult period but withdrawal gradually improved

July 2017: At 20mg (100%), started a linear tapering regimen using water titration (20mg fluoxetine into 300ml of water).

June 2019: Currently at 0.200mg (1.00%). I have many symptoms, most I attribute to fluoxetine, some to withdrawal, and the rest to hypothyroidism. Continuing to reduce anyway.

July 2019: Jumped from 0.066mg (0.33%) to 0.000mg (0.00%); I'm now free of the poison.

My introduction thread: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/14226-kittygiggles-generic-prozac-fluoxetine-stabilization/

Thank you. 

I have tried mag in the past but will try again

im too sleep deprived to assimilate any information. I feel so so depressed.

i cannot find meaning in anything 

I think if I could just sleep I would feel less hopeless.

my dr wants me to try mirtazapine but it is not that simple. Another knock back will finish me off. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

On 9/8/2018 at 6:06 PM, Eleven10 said:

Unfortunately not. Sorry 

Have you tried any meds for it such as lamotrigine/lamictal? 

Citalopram 30mg 2008 - 2015
Citalopram 30mg + Mirtazapine 15mg 2015 - 2016
Venlafaxine 150mg + Mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg 2016 - 2017
Venlafaxine 150mg + Amitriptyline 50mg January 2017. Coming off Venlafaxine took about 8 months 
March 2018 stopped venlafaxine. Increased amitriptyline to 150mg over two weeks end of March. Couldn't tolerate side effects. CT for 5 days then went back to 50mg amitriptyline since 8 April 2018

I am sorry I didn't know you had tried magnesium. I am guessing you've tried other sleep aids like melatonin but if not, it is likely a good option as well as magnesium. I don't know much about melatonin but under doctor supervision, it's probably much less problematic than a benzo. I think you are right to be hesitant about mirtazapine, I can't imagine any positive outcome from using it; an SA moderator is more likely to know more about it.

I appreciate that keeping track of things is just too much right now; without a break it would likely be too draining to make such an effort. Aside from daily exercise, a change in your environment (moving to a rural area can work for some as well as getting away from some or all people), happy distractions (obviously highly subjective), and some relatively benign supplements, I am not sure what else to suggest. Hopefully, within those options lies a solution. 

I remain hopeful for you!

2012: 2 weeks of paroxetine, I cannot recall the dose. Strong side effects, stopped cold turkey, had intense, horrible withdrawal thereafter

2012 to 2016: Fluoxetine 40mg daily, sometimes 20mg daily, a couple of bad tapers under doctor's advisement, increasingly bad withdrawal symptoms with each major dose change

Oct 2016 to June 2017: 10-month reinstatement of 20mg fluoxetine daily to stabilize. A very difficult period but withdrawal gradually improved

July 2017: At 20mg (100%), started a linear tapering regimen using water titration (20mg fluoxetine into 300ml of water).

June 2019: Currently at 0.200mg (1.00%). I have many symptoms, most I attribute to fluoxetine, some to withdrawal, and the rest to hypothyroidism. Continuing to reduce anyway.

July 2019: Jumped from 0.066mg (0.33%) to 0.000mg (0.00%); I'm now free of the poison.

My introduction thread: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/14226-kittygiggles-generic-prozac-fluoxetine-stabilization/

Since the attempted reinstatement I feel I have gone back 3 years or more. I’m waking super early unable to breathe and spend 3 or 4 hrs feeling in the edge of sleep but not quite able to fall in. 

I have lamotrigiene which I think I’m going to try.

i would do anything to feel like I used to. 

Im seeing the crisis team today as I have felt so suicidal. It’s very hard to explain the reason you feel like that is because you cannot stand to live with these Symptoms anymore. I love life but it’s not worth living when you are so sleep deprived and unwell 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

How long did the reinstatement last?

In what way did you feel better before it?

2009-2010 Citalopram 20mg CT no problems

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

2011- 2017 June 2017- Citalopram 20mg CT

7 days.

didnt feel good at all but was less activated and less depressed 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I feel like I am trapped in a cage having to watch people live their lives and theres nothing i can do. And im being prodded with sticks through the bars.

2009-2010 Citalopram 20mg CT no problems

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

2011- 2017 June 2017- Citalopram 20mg CT