SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Eleven10: 30 months off Prozac

Eleven10

Hello Eleven10

I hope you are feeling  a little better tonight.  Perhaps the time has come for you to seek professional guidance, even if the system for psychiatric issues is flawed, it may help.

It would be lovely if, one day in the near future, you could feel a little better and start to enjoy the gift of life.

Let me, and everyone else following your post, know how you are over the next few days, and what you are thinking.  I don't know where you are geographically, but here in the UK we have the Samaritans.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Thanks.

i think I'm going to try trazadone or Prozac again at a low dose. I can't carry on like this. I'm in hell and what's worse is when I sleep, last night I slept for 8 hrs straight through which I extremely rarely do. Today I feel despair, My mood and physical symptoms are worse and I feel so angry and irritable, I couldn't find my shoes today and I got so angry and upset i started kicking the cupboard door in a frenzy until I collapsed in tears, ( I was alone) I had planned to leave the house to walk around the block but after that was too upset and exhausted to do anything. The tiniest thing is overwhelming and exhausting and leaves me wishing It will all just end. 

I know withdrawal can cause these issues but knowing this doesn't help me at all Iv Been like this for going on 4 years and nothing has changed 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Restarted 2mg of prozac 26.8.18..

It seems like you are making decisions which is good.  Tell your doctor it exactly as it is especially all your fears surrounding meds.  I hope next time you post it will be to say you have a new plan.  It can be difficult to find things when life is feeling difficult - it makes everything chaotic.  I know - I have been like that at times.  Sometimes it is hard to be organised.  Take care and let us know how you get on.

• Moderator Emeritus
43 minutes ago, Eleven10 said:

i think I'm going to try trazadone or Prozac again at a low dose.

If you can tolerate Prozac, it is a much better choice to reinstate than trazodone which interacts with many other medications.

For quick reference: About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms.  The first post is the most important one to read. If you've got the time and ability to focus to read the entire first page, please do that. :)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thank you both. 

I cry when people are so understanding and kind. I know that sounds a bit pathetic.

will try and read the link. 

I hope after so long my brain is not too upset by the reintroduction on Prozac. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

If you're going to reinstate, start with a very low dose, 0.5 mg or 1 mg.  Post any questions you have about this.  We'll do our best to get you information to help you make a decision.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

I have asked my dr for liquid Prozac and she has agreed, I'm going to start with 1mg. 

I have tried to do a sleep diary and have noticed a definite pattern between dreaming and depression. When I wake early and can't get back to sleep I'm exhausted but not as depressed, if I sleep until later it's all dream sleep and the depression is deep suidical and hopeless. I'm hoping Prozac stops me dreaming like it did before but doesn't make me more agitated than I am, agitation is the thing I fear the most. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Hey Eleven10,

I have noticed the same thing at times about the less sleep better mood thing and it's maddening.  my dreams for the past few years have mostly been pretty horrible.  I kept  having 4-5 hours (now it's often closer to 2 hours) of fragmented sleep, with the vivid, depressed, 2 dimensional dreams, that are often nightmarish.  a lot of times if I sleep less, my mood is better, but I can hardly function or do anything.    afternoon naps (a rare occurrence these days, no matter how exhausted I am) are usually bad news.   naps leave me feeling weak and depressed.  I used to occasionally have naps back in normal life that I felt groggy and thick headed after taking, but could shake them off after a couple hours.  now, with my body so weakened from all this sleep deprivation, these crappy naps really suck and I usually feel so much worse after taking one.  I had the same depressed dreams for sleep back in 2005 after withdrawing from Zoloft an zyprexa for a year, and had reinstated after being off the drugs for a year and had gotten my closer to normal dreams back, but had also developed hypersomnia (sleeping all day) later on, but now after doing this for 3+ years my body feels wasted and I feel less and less like myself with each passing day as my soul seem to be getting sucked out of me and my happiness and health go away, but who knows, maybe something can change.  (a common mantra of mine on the downward spiral tour)

I hope something changes for the better for you soon.

poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

1 mg Prozac - let us all know how it goes, especially the sleeping, mood and agitation.  I really hope you feel a little better soon.

Joy

Hi Eleven10

Have you started your very small dose of Prozac yet?  Wishing you well

Joy

Hi. Yes have been taking it a week, felt no difference at all, should I move to 2mg? 

I was was supposed to be going on holiday next week but I'm just too unwell and has caused a lot of stress for who I was going with, we were going to book something last minute but I can't go. Iv been away once in withdrawal and it was horrible, I couldn't sleep at all, was too unwell and revved to do anything but too agitated and depressed to stay in the hotel. It was a horrible experience but that was 3 years ago and I thought I would be ok this time but in reality nothing has changed in 3 years in fact I'm more unwell. I'm so depressed as I feel so guilty and angry I'm like this. I hate upsetting others but I can't go a week without any sleep in a unknown place. 

I really feel life is not worth living lately and iv not read a reinstatement story that has worked so feeling even worse 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

* a reinstatement that has worked 3 and half years out I meant 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

It is good that it hasn't made you more wired?  It has only been a week.  Perhaps one of the moderators could suggest something.  Perhaps you do need to go to 2 mg.  They always say to do things slowly though so as not to destabilise your CNS.  Perhaps try going to 2 mg and then holding it for several weeks.  I suppose it always takes a long while to get the drugs into your system, so it is still early days.

If you were to ask a doctor they would ask you to up the dose to about 5 mg or even 10 mg, but that, from what I am reading on this site would be too quick and drastic.

I am sorry you have had to abandon holiday plans, but holidays are always additional stress anyway.  If your reinstatement works out perhaps you can still go a few months further down the line.

Don't give up hope of an improvement.  I am sure plenty of people will have withdrawn from Prozac and gone back on a few years later.  A week is nothing in terms of psychiatric meds.  They are not like taking an aspirin.

Let's us all know what you decide to do, a better future could be just a few weeks away.  Joy

• Moderator Emeritus

Since 1 mg didn't make you in any way worse (which was your major concern) I would up to 2 mg just as Joy explains. And reassess after a week.

It's like trying to assess how deep the barrel is as Alto once said. We don't want to flood it with too much water but carefully explore how much it can fit. 

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thank you.

i did have a major panic yesterday as I thought what the f@"k am I doing! This stuff literally almost killed me why am I taking it again and also dr Healy said to me that I was so sensitive to withdrawal from ssris I would do well to avoid them forever but I can't carry on like this I'm so ill and depressed and anxious to a point my life has very little quality but my nervous system is still fried, I cannot handle stress in any form. For example I don't drive much anymore but recently I took my daughter to her friends house for a sleepover, on the way back  a car pulled out on my causing me to swerve and break hard in normal circumstances I would have been shuck up a little but carried on but this time my whole body was shaking I couldn't speak or move or walk for ten minutes I had to sit at the side of the road and wait for my dad to come get me, thankfully it was after I had dropped my daughter so she wasn't upset but for the whole day I was totally incapacitated. Iv been like this for too long I need some improvement even 10% would spur me on. I'm going to go to 2mg 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Let us know how you get on with the 2 mg - it may not have an immediate effect it will need to build up  - wishin you the best possible outcome

Joy

Iv been on 2mg for a few days and last night I had the 'brain boil' iv not had in a year or so. Could be coincidence but I don't know. Today I'm totaally incapacitated and too dizzy to walk from one room to another. 

I just do t know what to do as could be coincidence. 

Im not reinstating for any other reason than the soul destroying depression, all the neurological things I feel would go away in 6 or 7 years like they have for others but this depression and totally inability to enjoy anything is beyond words. 

Not it sure if to tough it out and stay at 2mg which is half a mil if Iv worked it out properly 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

1 hour ago, Eleven10 said:

Iv been on 2mg for a few days and last night I had the 'brain boil' iv not had in a year or so. Could be coincidence but I don't know. Today I'm totaally incapacitated and too dizzy to walk from one room to another. 

I just do t know what to do as could be coincidence. 

Im not reinstating for any other reason than the soul destroying depression, all the neurological things I feel would go away in 6 or 7 years like they have for others but this depression and totally inability to enjoy anything is beyond words. 

Not it sure if to tough it out and stay at 2mg which is half a mil if Iv worked it out properly 

Hi Eleven10

So sorry you are feeling like this as well as the depression. I am struggling with these symptoms too so can sympathise.

It sounds like it is the increased dose just getting into your system. Hopefully a mod will be able to advise you what to do soon.

Flowers xxx 

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

I am with Flowers on this.  It could be a good sign - that it is starting to take effect.

When my daughter started on sertraline she was told she would feel worse before she would feel better.

Perhaps you can stick with it and see where you are in 4 weeks time.

The antidepressant will have to have a chance to work

Joy

• 1 month later...

I have been on 3mg for a week, I thought I was ok but the last few days have felt extremely depressed and activated. My gp wants me to bump to 5mg, she is a kind woman but is very skeptic all of withdrawal syndrome. She says she will use benzos as a very last resort if I become agitated. 

I'm trying to allow myself to believe that things will get better but I'm consumed with terrible thoughts. 

If by some Miracle I stabilised, what then? I'm only in my mid thirties I can't stay on these forever. 

Im not leaving my kid s without the fight of all fights!! 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

A week is not that long. My doctors always told me it takes a couple of months for the drugs to be effective. Maybe they're not always wrong.

So perhaps you could stay a little longer on 3mg?

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

Yes i will try thank you miT

It's scary when you start messing with drugs again after so long. 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Even if you end up going to 5mg you probably need to go up slowly so waiting another week nm or so will help.

Are you feeling any better?

Also don't thonk too far ahead.   You mustn't worry about the rest of your life - just concentrate on now - the present - and getting on a firmer footing.

It is highly unlikely you would stay on drugs forever - life changes all the time and you have years ahead of you.  Some life changes you have on the future may mean you can get off these meds entirely.  In that respect the future is exciting for you 

Pil54- so I CT at about 10mg, so should I go slow up to that?  

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

1 hour ago, Pil54 said:

That theory of reinstating a micro low dose is the worse thing someone can do, if the brain is stuck on the last dose you CT taking a dose under only confuse the brain and put you in interdose withdrawal.

This is not true as a very low dose can often be a very good starting point in reinstating a medication.

Pil 54 is perhaps not very accurate in his assumptions.

How are you feeling now? Are you still taking 3 mg?  When did you start that and at who's suggestion?  Was it your Doctor? Is he helping you through this? How are your symptoms now?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I cannot go straight back to where I jumped its been 3 and a half years there is no way my brain has not made some adjustments in those 3 years. I would like to work up to that tho 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Eleven, how long did you stay on 2mg before going to 3?  It takes time for a dose to reach a steady level in the blood. Raising the dose too soon can further destabilise an already compromised nervous system. No one knows how long anyone will take to recover and we don't give a time scale. Neither do we hide horror stories, Stan's story os here for all to read, as are many others who are still struggling with withdrawal. We can't tell someone that this is going to last 8-10-15 years because we don't know. Many many people get better long before that and that is what we all have to hope for. Even we mods are struggling in our own withdrawal and with the side effects of drugs. 

Give the reinstatement a chance to start helping, but don't be tempted to go higher just because someone else did and it worked for them. I reinstated toohigh even at a very small dose and it made me ill. I accidentally took one full dose just after I was off and was sick for 8 months. Don't take the risk, lots have done that and been harmed. Starting low reduces the risk of those adverse effects.  

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

I feel compelled to respond to Pil's assertions that mods take decades to heal.  I am 18 months off of my last dose of psych drugs, and am better than I have been in my entire life.

I believe, as I and other mods say, that people start to feel better 18-24 months into their taper.  This is if the taper is gently done, symptoms are heeded, holds are part of the program - and - one aggressively takes charge of their own healing.

There are others who take longer, depending on how long it takes to hear what the symptoms are telling them - whether that is a dietary change (I still struggle with that one), or a shift of mindset from "patient" to "empowered."  

I do believe that healing continues to happen a decade or more after the drugs - but the bulk of healing takes place in the first 3 years.

As you quit CT, and did not taper, your rate of healing will be what it is - you cannot "step down" gently and control it.  I don't believe that the total time is greater - just that it's an easier ride for those who taper (sorry, I can't prove this).  To speak truth, there are a very few who struggle with symptoms outside of these windows, and I've tried to wrap my head around how to help them.  But they are not the majority.  The majority of people suffer from the drugs - but then - get better.  You aren't even to the 18 month mark yet.  

You are still in your first year, Eleven.  You have a ways to go yet.  The best way to heal, is to plan on it.  Look forward to it.  Hope for it, expect it, and listen to your body - put the practices in place which will help your healing.  Pay attention to when you are having symptoms, and note what is happening in your life at those times.  Your body can guide you to a better place - the symptoms are there to help you find the way.

I know this is radically different from what we are taught - that symptoms should be stopped by any means necessary.  But in my experience, the more you fight them, the stronger they get.  It's like training, like athletes - the more you fight, the stronger the symptoms get.  But if you lay down, and let them wash over and through you - you will realize that you remain, and you are stronger.  And the symptoms pass.  And they might teach you something along the way.

I hope you see the sun today.

Edited by JanCarol

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thanks Jancarol. 

The last few posts have confused me a little, maybe its just me but I CT over over 3 and a half years ago not a year and I have never asked for a time scale for recovery simply said that in those 3.7 years iv suffered relentlessly . A few weeks ago decided to try a reinstatement of 1mg, im now at 3mg but feeling some than usual activation.

Pil54- I get what you're saying but when I CT'd all those years ago when I was in acute withdrawal I tried a normal dose  of prozac and it made everything so much worse, my jaw locked and i could only drink through a straw for week. I intend to take it slow and get up to 10-20.  

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh sorry Eleven - my head is thoroughly up my um.

3 years.

Please put your reinstatement schedule in your signature so that you (and we) can track it.

You may not need 10-20.  If you're feeling activated at 3 mg, you may only need 5  These drugs are much much stronger than the doctors know.  Even Prozac.

(now I'm off to figure out - how does one change signature on new software? I need to change mine, too!  here's a clue:  Please Put Your Drug History Into your Signature )

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 1 month later...

I'm still on 4mg any more and I feel agitated and more anxious plus I get the weird feeling in my arm back again that I had when I first went on Prozac years ago. I could try a little benzo, I'm just not sure.

I just want the light to come on again, iv not seen it in years 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

I'm almost 4 years off from 14-15 years of Paxil and I did a cold turkey too. I would be very scared to go on another antidepressant  or reinstate- I hope you are doing okay. Very brave to try. 💕

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

I'm not brave at all just very very depressed and desperate for some kind of health 

only cold turkeys can understand the pain we have gone through so thank you 

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

7 hours ago, Eleven10 said:

I'm not brave at all just very very depressed and desperate for some kind of health 

only cold turkeys can understand the pain we have gone through so thank you 

It's unbearable at times- I feel your pain- literally. 💕

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Thank you.

I feel I'm at a point where I can go no further in natural healing.I could wait another 3 years and be in exactly the same place. Living In a sleep deprived severely depressed state is no life to live for 4 years 

I will try 5mg again. ❤️

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014