Tryingtohelp: trying to help my wife and her meds.

Tryingtohelp

well The real main concern for me now is my wife's haldol injection will go down from 150 mg to 75 mg next week My wife spiraled into a very bad time five years bad times plus when she was taken off risperdal and supposedly switched to abilify can I please be allowed to be on this site or is ti just for people that are on the medications. The thing is I do have some past experience, myself with being on Psychotropic medications for years so I in that experience have some idea of the difficultywith tapering and also with being on the drugs. Anyway I sent my big long story to one of the moderators I do not know if I got the right moderator but thanks for looking at my topic

Edited by scallywag
tags

Haldol injectable 150mg going to 75mg

Lamactil 2 tabs 2times a day 25mg

Clozopie 50mg morning 150mg night 

depakote , seroqil 

There are people who operate in a proxy covert manner but due to your straight up honest approach im sure the good folk here will love to try to help tryingto help.

Welcome aboard.

We are so glad you are adding your voice to the group.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Tryingtohelp -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

It's best if you post about your wife's situation in this introduction topic so that all the information is in one place. Moderators don't have access to each other's private messages.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

well thank you for the reply I am feeling like I guess I am not the only one whom is on the site that is hopeing for help for someone other than themself. So that being said Has anybody got any info on the best way to proceed from here for my wife? I found on the web an internet site and clinic that specializes in withdrawing from drugs. I had some moderate contact from one of the people there and they were like well this tapering of the haldol should be done with oral medication and in hospital or clinic ad if not in patient then my wife should be allowed access to her doctor and report to doctor on daily basis.Well from when my wife was on the Risperdal she relly did not start f\to get really psychotic until I do not know five six seven months out from the cold turkey of the Risperdal. Risperdal and Haldol are simaliar I think some kind of Dopamine inhibitor or something or another. Oh and the withdrawal clinic was talking about some maybe vitamins for different drug withdrawal strategies. Does anyone know of any thing for Haldol tappering

depakote , seroqil 

Oh and also Yesterday I was also listening to the radio PBR and the topic of discusion was reducing the drugs people are prescribed. I think that the main point of the discusion was not psychotropic but rather drugs for other ailments but anything in that direction is good in my opinion

depakote , seroqil 

• Moderator Emeritus

There are few doctors and clinics that understand withdrawal from psychiatric drugs. We have a discussion topic in which people list those they've encountered that are familiar with withdrawal and provide good assistance for tapering. 
Link to Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

If you would like specific suggestions for your wife's situation, we need to know more about her medication and withdrawal history.
A request: Would you summarize her history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-18 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to that can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • You don't need to include symptoms or diagnoses other than the initial condition that led to prescribing the first drug.
  • We ask for this information in your signature so that we can see it at a glance. A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • You can find instructions in this topic: Please put withdrawal history in signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

Last year around this time or there about my wife was finally admitted to hospital for sever behavior health sickness. After the worst five years of pain, confusion, suffering, and her not being able to function with rational thought or actions. Her critical thinking was gone. Because of hippa laws And My own inability to do better to help my wife I have to say that I thank God we survived.  I was not aware that a person could so change by change of medication.

depakote , seroqil 

• Moderator Emeritus

Detailed Instructions: How to create a signature:

• Click on your username that is in the top right corner of this web page. Result: A list of user options appears.
  • Click on the option "My settings." Result: Your browser will navigate to the "My settings" page. On the left side of the page, you'll see a vertical list of options, "Profile Settings," "Email & Password", "Signature," etc.
  • Click on the Signature option or tab. Result: An editing window appears where you enter your signature.
  • When you have entered all your current and recent drugs and their doses, Click on the black button "Save changes"

scallywag's Introduction