Rabe

hang on to

Gridley

Thank you so much, Rabe.

Gridley
1 hour ago, JackieDecides said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

that makes sense.  

Thanks for dropping by, JackieD.  I appreciate it.

Rosetta

(((Gridley))). I'm very sorry.

wantrelief

I am so very sorry about your loss, Gridley.  It makes sense how withdrawal is manifesting as a result of everything you are going through, like what you mentioned on my thread about stress and its impact on symptoms.  I will be thinking about you and am sending you lots of hugs - WR.

Gridley

I reduced my Melatonin from 1mg to .5mg and am sleeping better.  For me at least, less is better.

Carmie

Hi Gridley, 

How are you doing? I’m really, really sorry about your loss. 

Sending hugs🤗

Gridley

I'm doing pretty well.  Though living so far distant prevented me from seeing family, I was able to make contact with  lot of family electronically, which was good for me.  The emotional blunting that I have from WD was a little bit of a blessing, which I know sounds funny to say.  Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by Gridley

Sunnyday

Hi Gridley. Just want to say that I'm very sorry about your loss.

Also want to say thank you for coming into my thread in the beginning when I was at my worst, it has been worth a lot to me. Glad to hear you're doing okay. Take care.

Frogie

Gridley:

I just read your thread.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. 

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Carmie
On 11/29/2018 at 11:43 PM, Gridley said:

I'm doing pretty well.  Though living so far distant prevented me from seeing family, I was able to make contact with  lot of family electronically, which was good for me.  The emotional blunting that I have from WD was a little bit of a blessing, which I know sounds funny to say.  Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Gridley, 

Yes, the electronic age is certainly good for some things. Funny, how anhedonia can sometimes be a blessing from the pain we go through in this life. 

I just read the beginning of your thread. So the operation stopped the colitis pain completely. Are you still pain free? Looks like you were originally put on meds because of pain too. It’s amazing that we are now going through this because of originally being in pain. The doctors just thought they might as well add some more pain n suffering on top of what we were already going through.🙄 I’m not in pain anymore either. 

I hope you have a nice day, sending much sunshine your way☀️☀️☀️☀️

Rabe

I am so so sorry Gridley....prayers for you and your family!  Hugs Gridley.  💜

Gridley

Thanks, Rabe and Carmie.

Yes, still pain-free.  The operation really was miraculous, and they did it here in Ecuador!

jozeff

Sorry for your loss Gridley,

I hope you will be fine soon.

Good to hear your operation went well.

Happy healing?

Jozeff

Gridley

Thanks, jozeff.  I appreciate your dropping by.

Gridley

YEAR-END UPDATE

I had a good night's sleep last night after two rough nights and so am feeling pretty good and thought it would be good time for my year-end update.  I began 2018 at 9.25mg Lexapro and will end it at 4.1mg.  Stress (insofar as I am able to manufacture it on my mountaintop) definitely ramps up my symptoms.  

My withdrawal symptoms and how they changed from year's beginning to end:

Cortisol spikes/anxiety in the morning:  very much improved.  There is mild anxiety some mornings when I awake but it generally disperses once I get up.

Tight neck/neck pain: also much improved.  

Anhedonia/apathy/lack of motivation:  still pervasive, no real improvement

Agoraphobia: about the same--much happier and less stressed when I stay home and don't go down to the village (pop. 4,000)

Anxiety in general: some improvement.  Most days very little anxiety though some days I'm at 2 on a scale of 5 on and off throughout the day.

Insomnia:  no real change, up and down, some nights I get a decent night's sleep (7-8 hours though broken, other nights 5-6 hours).  Coping skill help here--meditation when I can't sleep.

Appetite: no real change.  Not much appetite.

Social anxiety: I managed to get out to a few gatherings and even to host one at our house (!), so I would say some improvement. 

Tinnitus: remains mild, no real change

Ruminations/regrets upon awakening: a good bit improved.  Coping skills help me here.  My mantrum when I feel low about WD is, "What is, is.  Make the best of it."  I do my best not to think     

about tapering time frame (or about the other two drugs I will need to taper).

All in all, not a bad year.  I've been able to keep tapering (Brassmonkey slide) with no noticeable upswing in symptoms following a drop and no need to updose.

I wish the best to all of you.

Altostrata

Best to you, Gridley! Thanks for the yearly assessment. Slowly but surely.....

eymen23

Well done Gridley!! It’s nice to post on your intro for once :) 

Hope the taper continues to go well! 

jozeff

Gridley thanks for your update. Good to hear your symptoms have become a lot better!

Wish you the best from the Netherlands.

Cheers

Jozeff

Tom37

Well done on your tapering journey.

Glad you have stayed stable or seen improvements through the year.

Hopefully this continues for you!

wantrelief

You are doing so well on your taper, Gridley, as well as coping with your symptoms.  I wish you the best in 2019!

Gridley
Just now, wantrelief said:

You are doing so well on your taper, Gridley, as well as coping with your symptoms.  I wish you the best in 2019!

Thanks, wr.  A healing 2019 to you too.

Carmie

Hi Gridley, 

Thanks for sharing your yearly update. Glad there’s been some improvement. You’ve done well getting down to 4.1mg.  

Wishing you continued healing and recovery💚

Rabe

All of that is so inspiring Gridley!  Thank you for sharing it!  Hope your journey continues as smoothly as it has.  Take care.💜

Rosetta

You are doing so well, Gridley.  I recall that you took a long trip that didn't cause you any problems, too.  Thank you for being an important part of SA.  --Rosetta

Gridley

@Carmie @Rabe @Rosetta

Thank you all for dropping by.  I appreciate your words of encouragement.  Healing thoughts to you.

Gridley

Happy new year's, everyone.  Tonight is a wild night in the village, with the burning of stuffed mannequins to purge out the bad of the previous year, plus flame jumping and lots of noise and surging crowds..  Not ideal for someone in WD.  We came down from the mountain for a very early dinner and zoomed back up before dark.  Now spending a quiet night with the three pups.  That's my kind of new year's! 

Wishing healing to all in 2019.

JackieDecides
14 hours ago, Gridley said:

Happy new year's, everyone.  Tonight is a wild night in the village, with the burning of stuffed mannequins to purge out the bad of the previous year, plus flame jumping and lots of noise and surging crowds..  Not ideal for someone in WD.  We came down from the mountain for a very early dinner and zoomed back up before dark.  Now spending a quiet night with the three pups.  That's my kind of new year's! 

Wishing healing to all in 2019.

Happy New Year to you!  your celebration sounded perfect.

ChessieCat

Hi Gridley,

DaveB has asked this in his own topic:

8 minutes ago, DaveB said:

How did you know it was the ashwaganda? Did the anxiety hit right after you took it, or you just in general had more anxiety when you were taking it? I am wondering if I need to stop?

Carmie

How are you doing Gridley?💚

Gridley

I've had an uptick in physical symptoms this week: paresthesia (tingling, numb fingers) for the first time and neck pain is back.  Chest pain on and off.  I had a heart work-up not too long ago, so I'll put that down to WD also.  It's like musical chairs symptoms--less anxiety and cortisol surges but more physical stuff.  

Tom37

No good to hear....hopefully it settles down for you. Maybe you might need to hold for a bit longer to let it all settle but I’m sure you will know what is best.

Take care.