Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Gridley
24 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

 

Are you feeling OK - not 'too many' WD symptoms?

I feel pretty fair.  Generally WDnormal, which is a steady state of feeling not great.  From time to time I'll have a bad day.

 

25 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

t is remarkable to me that it will take 2 years to wean off 1.875 mg of a drug. Is this 5% a month? I forget if you can 'stockpile' in Ecuador.

 

The cuts become tiny when you're down that low.   I'm looking to do 10% per month.  

 

I can stockpile but don't want to stockpile too much because of the expiration problem.  

 

That's a good idea about the drying agent.  Nonexistent here but when I ever get back to the States I'll get some.  As a youthful philatelist, I kept it with my stamps.

 

Yes, I'd be interested in the exercise-dementia links.  From what I read, benzos and tricyclics have a dementia connection, not so much SSRI's. But likely them too.

 

Waiting six months until your next taper sounds wise.

Share this post


Link to post
mustafa

Hi gridley, it looks silly to ask the following question, you may have answered it alot in previous comments so excuse me to ask why did you move to ecuador from america?

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
20 minutes ago, mustafa said:

why did you move to ecuador from america?

Mostly for adventure.  

 

I taught English as a Second Language (ESL) to adults in L.A. and it was becoming clear that the budget for the adult program was probably going to be cut within a year or two (and it was).  My wife and I went to Ecuador for vacation and interviewed at schools there. To our surprise, we were offered jobs.  It was a very hard decision to leave my native country, but it has turned out well.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta
22 hours ago, Gridley said:

it was becoming clear that the budget for the adult program was probably going to be cut within a year or two (and it was).

 

This is the government at work.  We really need ESL here more than ever. ;)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Carmie

Hi Gridley, 

 

Thanks for your messages, I love hearing about your donkeys. By the sounds of it you won’t have any grass left the way they’re going. 🤣 How annoying that you had to put them in a pasture further away. ☹️ Animals are a great distraction when going through withdrawals, they always make one smile. 

 

How are you going with your tapering? I see above that you’re in withdrawal normal. 

 

Sending hugs🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
50 minutes ago, Carmie said:

How are you going with your tapering? I see above that you’re in withdrawal normal. 

 

Things are going fine.  I'm pretty much in WDnormal, which of course is better than extreme or wildly varying symptoms.

 

  I was pleased to find myself once again interested in what's happening in the yard.  If you  don't watch out, things get out of hand very quickly in this climate.  Chopped back some invasive vines and it feels much better.  Jasmine vine goes wild here, with tendrils creeping everywhere if you don't watch out.  

 

Tomorrow is my big day to go to the village for lunch.  The road's a challenge as always in the rainy season with giant ruts.  I've become expert at avoiding the potholes, except occasionally I misjudge and bam.

 

I'm getting pretty low on the Lexapro, down to 1.0, tomorrow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Carmie

Congratulations on getting your Lexapro so low Gridley, 

 

I’m happy I was able to taper this week again after two months. I’m always happy to see the numbers go down. 

 

You must have a really big yard, it sounds like a lot of work. I live in a unit so I don’t have a garden but it would be lovely to live somewhere on the ground floor with a small courtyard. Grounding is really good for you, putting your feet or any part of your body on the earth can help your nervous system. I just found out too that you can do grounding on cement as well, just not bitumen. 

 

If you have lots of jasmine vines your garden must smell like perfume. Yes, vines really can take over. 

 

Drive safely tomorrow and enjoy your lunch. I’ve seen videos of some of the roads in Ecuador, no small feat in some places.🧡

Share this post


Link to post
thelegend

Wow @Gridley, so low! Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
6 hours ago, Gridley said:

 

I'm getting pretty low on the Lexapro, down to 1.0, tomorrow.  

 

Wow! Congratulations, this is amazing. Happy for you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley

@Carmie

 

The yard is just regular size with a fence to keep the pups in.  The rest of the land is pasture that doesn't need much upkeep except some irrigation for the fruit and avocado trees.

 

Thanks for reminding me about the grounding.  That's a good idea.

@thelegend @Erell  Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you have a good day.

Share this post


Link to post
rola
17 hours ago, Gridley said:

 

 

 

I'm getting pretty low on the Lexapro, down to 1.0, tomorrow.  

Hello gridley. 
You're coming up to the end soon. It's great. It's great for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
1 hour ago, rola said:

It's great for you. 

Thanks, rola.  You're getting very low too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
18 hours ago, Gridley said:

 

Things are going fine.  I'm pretty much in WDnormal, which of course is better than extreme or wildly varying symptoms.

 

  I was pleased to find myself once again interested in what's happening in the yard.  If you  don't watch out, things get out of hand very quickly in this climate.  Chopped back some invasive vines and it feels much better.  Jasmine vine goes wild here, with tendrils creeping everywhere if you don't watch out.  

 

Tomorrow is my big day to go to the village for lunch.  The road's a challenge as always in the rainy season with giant ruts.  I've become expert at avoiding the potholes, except occasionally I misjudge and bam.

 

I'm getting pretty low on the Lexapro, down to 1.0, tomorrow.  

That is so awesome Gridley!

 

You’ll be done before you know it😊

 

Congrats!

 

Take care,

 Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
39 minutes ago, Frogie said:

That is so awesome Gridley!

Thanks, Frogie.  You're doing pretty awesomely yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
4 hours ago, Gridley said:

Thanks, Frogie.  You're doing pretty awesomely yourself.

Thanks.

 

 I think we are going to make it 😊

 

Take care,

 Frogie xx

Share this post


Link to post
mustafa

Hi gridley, iam sorry I didn't reply to yiur comment when replied to me, actually i had nothing to say, I apologize for this.

Did you visit any arabian country before, what is the country you headed about alot?

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
42 minutes ago, mustafa said:

Did you visit any arabian country before, what is the country you headed about alot?

The only Arabian country I've visited is Morocco, many years ago when I was backpacking after university.

 

I hope you're having a good day, Mustafa.

Share this post


Link to post
mustafa
2 hours ago, Gridley said:

The only Arabian country I've visited is Morocco, many years ago when I was backpacking after university.

 

I hope you're having a good day, Mustafa.

Dear gridley, thanks for caring about me, iam ok today and I feel iam doing good progress, I hope you are too.

What do you mean by packbacking, does it mean you were studying in Morocco, what was your study?

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
6 minutes ago, mustafa said:

packbacking

Backpacking means travelling with a pack on your back instead of carrying a suitcase.  Many younger travelers do this, carrying camping equipment and all their possessions on their back.  In this little village in Ecuador where I live, lots of young people from all over South America come to town with backpacks, stay a while, then move on to new adventures.  When I was backpacking, I wasn't studying, just traveling.  It was an interim between university and beginning my working life.

 

حقيبة ظهر
backpack, knapsack, rucksack

Share this post


Link to post
mustafa
9 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Backpacking means travelling with a pack on your back instead of carrying a suitcase.  Many younger travelers do this, carrying camping equipment and all their possessions on their back.  In this little village in Ecuador where I live, lots of young people from all over South America come to town with backpacks, stay a while, then move on to new adventures.  When I was backpacking, I wasn't studying, just traveling.  It was an interim between university and beginning my working life.

 

حقيبة ظهر
backpack, knapsack, rucksack

😂😂, Thanks for the translation, gridley😍.

I was planning( before iam stuck to withdrawals) to visit America, one thing was fascinating me about Americans, they appreciate to imagine, to create. Eastern nations like Egypt, all arabian countries, China and almost all the nations that live in the east don't like to imagine nor make adventures and actually they don't like adventures at all, they feel comfort in daily routine. If you live in KSA, you may become easily very rich but it is all money and only money, do you understand me. Well, not everything is bad, in Eastern nations there are also good things to enjoy.

I hope I have a chance to visit America one day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx

Hi Gridley. Dropping in to say congratulations on getting so low on your Lex taper! You must be thrilled!  It's inspiring for us following behind. You are doing great! 👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
3 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

You are doing great!

Thanks, mdwstrx.  You doing great yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta
On 12/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, Frogie said:

I think we are going to make it 😊

 

Yes! We are going to make it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta
On 12/17/2019 at 7:02 PM, Gridley said:

Chopped back some invasive vines and it feels much better.  Jasmine vine goes wild here, with tendrils creeping everywhere if you don't watch out.  

 

Did you ever see 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'(?) - with the man eating plants and vine and creeping tendrils? It is the first memory (from college) I had.

 

On 12/17/2019 at 7:02 PM, Gridley said:

I'm getting pretty low on the Lexapro, down to 1.0, tomorrow.  

 

Congratulations! How are you doing on the lower dose? It is a huge step and is so encouraging when we can make a decrease.

 

I hope you enjoyed your lunch. ;) It has been a positive week for you.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Frogie
56 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

 

Yes! We are going to make it! :)

I certainly hope so😊

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
57 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

How are you doing on the lower dose?

Knock on wood, I'm actually doing better on the lower dose that when I was in the 3mg range.  

 

I remember Rocky Horror.  There was a great sci-fi book from my childhood days called "Day of the Triffids" when walking plants threatened humanity.  Even better was "Greener Than You Think" when a supercharged lawn grass took over the earth.  I was always a big reader ("He's always got his nose in a book") and spend much of my time re-reading old friends from the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta
On 12/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, Gridley said:

Knock on wood, I'm actually doing better on the lower dose that when I was in the 3mg range.  

 

That is wonderful and I hope it stays that way. Is it usual or frequent that people can do better on lower doses?

 

On 12/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, Gridley said:

I was always a big reader ("He's always got his nose in a book") and spend much of my time re-reading old friends from the past.

 

Let me guess. YOu read all the books in your local library (unless you grew up in a very large town!). I am glad you have your old friends - which is well put.  I think re-reading books is like listening to a favorite piece of music (classical genre I am referring to) - every time you hear it you enjoy it and may learn something new.

 

I most remember the big plant terrorizing people saying 'feed me, feed me'....

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
14 hours ago, Guilietta said:

it usual or frequent that people can do better on lower doses?

 

It varies.   People have difficulties at different doses.  But many people do better the lower they go.

Share this post


Link to post
MissyE
On 12/21/2019 at 11:11 PM, Guilietta said:
On 12/20/2019 at 10:45 PM, Gridley said:

Knock on wood, I'm actually doing better on the lower dose that when I was in the 3mg range.  

 

Inspiring Gridley, what a Christmas gift.  Yours will be a hot one I guess 🎅

Love and peace

Missy 

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
10 minutes ago, MissyE said:

Yours will be a hot one I guess

Thanks for dropping by, MissyE.  Though we're right on the Equator, we're six thousand feet (two thousand meters) up in the Andes, so the weather is pretty mild.  

 

Love and peace to you too.

 

Gridley

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69

Merry Christmas Gridley! Thanks so much for all your support. Hope you have a great day tomorrow😊

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
43 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Merry Christmas Gridley! Thanks so much for all your support. Hope you have a great day tomorrow😊

Thanks, sunnywideup69.  I hope you have a great (and feeling good) Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta

Merry Christmas! Just swinging by to wish you greetings of the season. I would like to thank you for your friendship, guidance and support.

 

How are the dogs? Do you get them a present or toy of some kind? My little one got a chew toy - and finds the disruption to his routine exhausting (as do I).

 

Kindest regards,

Giulietta

Share this post


Link to post
Gridley
23 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you.  I was thinking about you today and hoping you were doing okay with your parents and siblings.  This can be a big stressor day, I know.

 

Every day is Christmas day for the dogs.  They got a delicious lunch of organic cooked chicken with a little dry food added in.  Humphrey requires me to watch him while he eats outside.  He looks up at me occasionally for encouragement, which I give him.   Then he totters off to explore the yard.  Yapa then totters out to join him.  Nighttime brings dog cookies, brand name is "Guau!" (Spanish for "grrrr."

 

I hope Angus has a good holiday and maybe a treat.

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta
32 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Merry Christmas to you.

 

Hello Gridley,

 

Thank you! We all had a nice day together (or someone was faking it ;) ) - and it is stressful. Part of it is being out of a routine.  I don't understand / internalize (?) that we are not able to pursue our usual habits and activites.

 

37 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Every day is Christmas day for the dogs.  They got a delicious lunch of organic cooked chicken with a little dry food added in.  Humphrey requires me to watch him while he eats outside.  He looks up at me occasionally for encouragement, which I give him

 

They must know Angus. He gets organic (boiled) white chicken with his special dry dog food. He has lately been fussy and wants chicken and cookies (special diet kind) only. Like Humphrey - he requires me to watch him eat and encourage him! I don't know what that is all about.

 

Did you know (I'm sure you do!) that dogs eat only about 3 days in the wild? They also can count (or have awareness of quantity?).  There was article in some publication today. Apparently they keep track of the number of treats the other gets....

 

Angus did get a toy and extra chicken. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Giulietta

Hello Gridley,

 

Happy New Year to you and continued good fortune on your progress to freeing yourself from lexapro. Here's to many more windows!

 

Hugs,

Giulietta

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy