JackieDecides
On 1/31/2020 at 11:06 AM, Gridley said:

love my own bed, especially with the pups nearby.  I even enjoy hearing them snore.  Very acojedor (cozy).

sounds like heaven! 

Guilietta

Hello Gridley,

I hope you are feeling fine and weather in Ecuador is good. I don't see any negative commens aboout your status - thank goodness. Every good day is a blessing and soemthing for which to be grateful (at least in my little world).  😉  I hope your beasties are also well.

We've  been have messy stuff where I live - warm weather - makes the ground mushy and the dogs don't like it - followed by snow/sleet/rain and cold temperatures (ice - dogs and I don't like to walk on). So icey that dogs need to be carried around to potty locations so they don't sprain something. It is that icey.

Frogie has been kindly and generously giving me some pointers about my WD symptoms. She referred me to you and your fellow mods with a number of my questions as her information is based on her experience.

At some point I will summarize these in my thread and hope for expert feedback.

Hugs,

G

Gridley
1 hour ago, Guilietta said:

weather in Ecuador is good

Thanks for dropping by, Guilietta.  The weather is pretty much constant spring here, on the Equator but 6000 feet up.  Everything grows lushly.  I'm having a good morning so I actually got out and trimmed the roses.  The dogs are beside me on the sofa.  Pretty soon they'll rouse themselves to play.  That is, sprightly Yapa will finagle sluggish Humphrey to play.

Gridley

Rosetta

Hi Gridley,

I love to hear about your travels and dogs. Mmmm, ceviche made by marinating fish in lime juice (with chiles I hope)! I love it.  I should make that.  Eating it with saltines (Saladitas) is the Mexican way, of course.  Here we have pico de gallo which is tomatoes, onions, Serrano chiles, cilantro, and salt mixed in with the ceviche.  Pico de Gallo is also called salsa fresca.  It’s divine with ceviche.

Acojedor, hmm.  A new word for me.  Rincón acojedor.  Where I live is called Rincón del Diablo — less cozy sounding.

All my love, Rosetta

Frogie
1 hour ago, Gridley said:

That is, sprightly Yapa will finagle sluggish Humphrey to play.

Gridley:

I love to hear about your fur babies. Makes me smile😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

Guilietta
On 2/13/2020 at 10:23 AM, Gridley said:

I'm having a good morning so I actually got out and trimmed the roses.  The dogs are beside me on the sofa.

Wonderful! I am pleased you had a good morning. I am grateful when I exprience the same so very happy when any of you do. 🙂  The roses may bloom pretty much year round? What type are they?

Gridley
3 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

The roses may bloom pretty much year round? What type are they?

Yes, they bloom year-round and prolifically.  So prolifically that they were up to about eight feet tall, blocking completely the kitchen picture window and almost blocking the dining room window.  Today we had to cut them back to around two feet so they'll get fresh new growth (and so we can see out the windows).  

I don't know the name but the blooms are dainty and pale dusky pink.  Roses are one of Ecuador's major exports but not my type but rather much bigger and brighter and, to me, more garish blooms.  

Guilietta
3 hours ago, Gridley said:

So prolifically that they were up to about eight feet tall, blocking completely the kitchen picture window and almost blocking the dining room window.

Man eating roses!!!

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

Roses are one of Ecuador's major exports

I was going to suggest you could export trimmings from yours and start a nice business!