Rosetta

Hi, Gridley,

Ooh, Ecuador has run out of Ativan.  I’m glad you were prepared!  Way to go, you.  I’m sorry that it may changes your plans, but there will probably be more available in the next 8 months.

Yes, I have seen a lot of improvement.  The past 3-4 weeks have been pretty rough, but I’ve been more or less pain free for three days now.  Whew!  I was able to exercise yesterday, and was able to do some organizing the last two days.  I was beginning to get down.  So, this is a relief.  

I hope you have a good night.

Rosetta

Giulietta
On 2/13/2020 at 10:23 AM, Gridley said:

I'm having a good morning

Hello Gridley

Good news! Sorry - I meant was it raining or cloudy when I asked good weather.

The shrimp dish sounds delectable! Being the clever one that you are, I wonder if you can 'guess' at the ingredients and make it yourself? 😉   I love swordfish and salmon. I imagine they are things you can't get in Ecuador?  Maybe a dumb question....

16 hours ago, Frogie said:

I’m on the 3rd day of a very low dosage steroid because of my tapering. But it’s running down my arm. Not pinching today though, so I think I’m on the uphill with healing.

I am very glad your pinched nerve improved and hope it is doing better today as well. 💓

Hope a good day for you  both

G.

Gridley
1 hour ago, Giulietta said:

. I imagine they are things you can't get in Ecuador?  Maybe a dumb question....

Salmon is available but it's GMO and raised in Chile.  No wild salmon.  No oysters or crab, so when I make gumbo it has to be only with shrimp.  The most readily available fish is sea bass.  

Giulietta
33 minutes ago, Gridley said:

GMO and raised in Chile

33 minutes ago, Gridley said:

gumbo it has to be only with shrimp

Tunafish here (canned) is all from East Asia and likely GMO. I hate to buy it. Canned Salmon I think is mostly the same.

I've enjoyed homemade cajun shrimp gumbo by a southern friend and it's delicious. 😉

sunnysideup69

Hey @Gridley, just dropping by to say hello and hope you are bearing up in these challenging times. 

Sending love and good wishes xxx

Gridley
2 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Hey @Gridley, just dropping by to say hello and hope you are bearing up in these challenging times. 

Sending love and good wishes xxx

Love to you too, Sunnysideup.  I am bearing up and hope you are too.

sunnysideup69
Just now, Gridley said:

Love to you too, Sunnysideup.  I am bearing up and hope you are too.

I am! A bit wavey here and there, but nothing I can't cope with :) 

Giulietta

I am glad you are continuing to be well and not having to add stress by going out. An article in the NYT says that going outside is very important. Will copy/paste in my thread.

Gridley
51 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

going outside

Done.  Thanks for reminding me.

Giulietta
16 hours ago, Gridley said:

I forget as well as I can be hyperfocused on activities - which are often indoors. I will try a timer to go out when the weather is good. I am trying to avoid out of doors when it is cold, damp or windy to minimize the chances of catching a cold, weakening immune system.

Do you like listening to music?

I new CD arrived yesterday - piano music - so that is relaxing and helps with mindfulness. Unfortunately it will takek me 30 min or so fo sync it with my iphone.

Hugs,

G.

Frogie

Good morning Gridley:

I jumped on really quick to write something and noticed how low you are getting with your Lexapro.

I just wanted to say congratulations! You’re almost there!

I hope you are doing well. Miss talking with you 😊Give the fur babies a hug from me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Gridley
42 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Give the fur babies a hug from me.

Frogie,

Consider it done.  Humphrey is on the coffee table in front of me eyeing my scrambled eggs.  He and Yapa get to lick the plate when I'm finished.

Thanks for your encouragement.  I'm getting pretty low.  So are you--July is not far off.  0.30mgai is really getting down there.  I'm hope you're bearing up well with the taper.

Gridley

Frogie
6 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Frogie,

Consider it done.  Humphrey is on the coffee table in front of me eyeing my scrambled eggs.  He and Yapa get to lick the plate when I'm finished.

Thanks for your encouragement.  I'm getting pretty low.  So are you--July is not far off.  0.30mgai is really getting down there.  I'm hope you're bearing up well with the taper.

Gridley

I can picture him watching you take the last bite. Delilah had an egg this morning and gobbled it down, along with her food. We call her Chunky Monkey lol...

You are getting really low, that’s wonderful. You’ll be off in no time, then on to the Ativan. Just be careful. It’s so much different than the Lexapro taper, at least my Xanax is.

I’m pushing through the taper. No choice. And life goes on through this awful way of the world right now. I’ll be so happy to see summer and my family and friends again😊

Hang in there. You’re almost there!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Terry
On 3/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Gridley said:

Are you able to taper faster now that you're under 1 mg.?  I'm down to 0.79 sertraline and looking forward to zero!

Terry

Gridley
11 minutes ago, Terry said:

Are you able to taper faster now that you're under 1 mg

No, I'm still trying to stick to 10% of current dose every 4 weeks.  Due to the limitations of the scale, I'm tapering by dropping by 1mg pill weight every four weeks (so I dropped for 7mg  pill weight to 6 last week).  This is a bit higher than 10% but the end game is different from before due to the measurement difficulties.  Once I get the the limits of the scale (it doesn't measure accurately below 4mg pill weight), I'll be doing a visual division.  I'm a couple of months from that point.  Brassmonkey, one of our moderators, is putting together a post on exactly this subject, which should appear soon.  

0.79mg active ingredient is way too high to jump to zero.  Wait until Brassmonkey's post appears, which will give very good guidance on when to jump to zero,

Terry
18 hours ago, Gridley said:

0.79mg active ingredient is way too high to jump to zero.  Wait until Brassmonkey's post appears, which will give very good guidance on when to jump to zero,

Oh, I would never jump off at this point.  I'm guessing I'll have maybe another year of tapering.  I look forward to seeing Brassmonkey's post.

Did you ever try making a solution of your Lexapro for tapering?

Gridley
41 minutes ago, Terry said:

Did you ever try making a solution of your Lexapro for tapering

No, I've always stuck with weighing powder from the tablet.

Giulietta

Hello Gridley

Stopping by to see how you are doing with the lexapro. It's nice that BrassMonkey and another moderator are writing a post on measuring small dosages with limited tools. 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:59 PM, Gridley said:

No, I've always stuck with weighing powder from the tablet.

Did you consider this? Out of curiosity I wonder why you stuck with the powder. I wonder if if is for the sake of consistency?

Hope you are well. sending a quick PM

G

Gridley
1 hour ago, Giulietta said:

Did you consider this? Out of curiosity I wonder why you stuck with the powder.

I was just never comfortable with the liquid and couldn't wrap my head around how to do it.  

Giulietta
2 hours ago, Gridley said:

I was just never comfortable with the liquid and couldn't wrap my head around how to do it.  

I understand the 'comfortable' concept after my experience. 🤕 I not sure about the distribution of the drug ingredient in the liquid either, etc.

That being said - do you put your powder in capsules?

Gridley
41 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

That being said - do you put your powder in capsules?

Yes, I weigh the powder then pour it onto a piece of bent LabExact weighing paper and pour it into the capsule. I make a week's worth at a time.  I discovered this week if I don't grind the powder too fine it won't stick to the weighing paper so I get my full dose (I was having trouble with that the last batch).

Giulietta
18 hours ago, Gridley said:

I discovered this week if I don't grind the powder too fine it won't stick to the weighing paper

I don't follow. Do you mean you need to grind it very fine - or you shoudl not grind it very fine?

Gridley
5 minutes ago, Giulietta said:

you shoudl not grind it very fine?

I was grinding it too fine, so that some of the powder was sticking on the weighing paper.  I'd say medium fine.  You can experiment to see what works best for you.

brassmonkey

A little "bad housekeeping" can be helpful.  Reuse the same paper each time. After the first use there will be a small amount of powder that will stick to the paper. This will keep subsequent powder from sticking and you will be getting the full dose.  You can "prime" the paper by applying some unweighed powder and pouring it off then gentally tapping the paper to remove the loose powder a couple of times before you start actually weighing your dose.

Also it doesn't matter if a tiny amount is lost. Firstly because the amount of powder that actually sticks is so small it doesn't contain enough Active Ingredient to really measure, and because consistency is the most important thing. If your dose is off by the same amount each time your body doesn't know the difference. The actual numbers are more for record keeping and reference. Making your reductions by the set percentage each time is more important than the actual dose weight.

Rosetta

Hello, Gridley.  I hope you are doing well. -Rosetta

Giulietta
On 4/5/2020 at 10:35 AM, Gridley said:

I was grinding it too fine, so that some of the powder was sticking on the weighing paper.  I'd say medium fine.

I see now. Makes sense. Hope things are going better now with this.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, brassmonkey said:

Reuse the same paper each time.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, brassmonkey said:

Also it doesn't matter if a tiny amount is lost.

Good tips on recycling the paper particularly on a long taper and being consistent. 

Gridley
On 4/5/2020 at 11:54 PM, Rosetta said:

Hello, Gridley.  I hope you are doing well. -Rosetta

Thanks for dropping by, Rosetta. I'm doing well.  Maybe 5-6 more months to get off the Lexapro, maybe a little less, depending on how I'm able to handle the tiny amounts of powder, then on to the Ativan.  Very few symptoms except that sleep is just so-so.  

Ecuador has a very strict lockdown, we can only drive one day a week, one person per car,  and there's a 2pm to 5am curfew.  

I hope you're doing well.  I'm glad you got your trip to Spain in before all this.

Rosetta

Me, too!  I’m glad that trip was when it was, and that we didn’t find a way to stay until June.  

Our rules here aren’t that intense, but the only place we go is to the store one person at a time.  We can go for a walk on the streets anytime.  Some parks are closed others are not.  Today, we are having a rainstorm.  The most intense storm in quite a while.  There’s no lightening or thunder, but a lot of water is falling.  Not a good day to be out.

Cigale

Hello @Gridley! You have helped me so much these last few weeks, I wanted to stop by your string and see how you are doing. Thank you!

Gridley
1 hour ago, Cigale said:

and see how you are doing

I'm doing pretty well.  Thanks for asking.  Some symptoms but managing okay.  Tomorrow I drop to 0.4mg Lexapro, so I have just a few more months before jumping to zero.  Then I'll move on to the Ativan.  Poco a poco, as they say in Spanish (little by little).

mdwstrx

Congrats on getting so low Gridley!  

wantrelief

Wow, Gridley - you should be so proud of this accomplishment!!

brassmonkey

Way to go Gridley. Just don't rush things, listen to your body and take the time it asks for.

Gridley

@brassmonkey @wantrelief @mdwstrx  Thanks for your kind words.  I am definitely going to go slowly here at the end.  4mgpw is the lowest the scale will measure, so next month I'll eyeball to divide the 4mgpw into four 1mgpw  doses to get my next dose of 0.3mgai, then to get 0.2mgai, then to get 0.1mgai.  Then I'll divide that in half to get 0.05mgai, after which I'll jump to zero.  

mustafa
48 minutes ago, Gridley said:

@brassmonkey @wantrelief @mdwstrx  Thanks for your kind words.  I am definitely going to go slowly here at the end.  4mgpw is the lowest the scale will measure, so next month I'll eyeball to divide the 4mgpw into four 1mgpw  doses to get my next dose of 0.3mgai, then to get 0.2mgai, then to get 0.1mgai.  Then I'll divide that in half to get 0.05mgai, after which I'll jump to zero.  

Thats really great gridley that you are about to jump to zero; i very happy for u❤️.

I hope a long life in happiness for u after u are drug free.

You are my friend gridley; oneday, i had a friend from america who is gridley❤️.

sunnysideup69

Just dropping by to say hello @Gridley and reading the news of your taper. I am so pleased for you :)