jozeff

Way to go gridley!

I'm looking forward to your experiences while tapering that low. I really hope you are doing very well. I have faith in you going to be just fine. Good luck with that.

About running out of medication.... I was affraid about this also although here in the Netherlands things are pretty well regulated. They also changed brand all the time and that really made me very unwell.

What I did was the following. I went to my GP and told him I wanted to updose because I felt my citalopram wasn't working that well anymore. I was on 15 mg and went to 20 and a few weeks later I went to 30, anyway, that's what I told him....( I was still on 15 mg actually and tapering even lower).

I am on about 10 mg now but I have 30 mg prescribed daily. I have 20 mg per day left!

I get a 2 month supply every time but in my case that is actually 6 months(which costs me about 12 EUR). I did this a couple of times so I have enough citalopram to complete my entire taper!

I know this is not the fairest way to do things but the thought of not having enough medication is very distressing also. The doctor doesn't really care if I take 10 mg or 30 mg as long as I don't show up too often ;)

I don't want to encourage anyone to do this but it's just how I ended up doing things.

Hope you are doing great!

Jozeff

Frogie
16 hours ago, Gridley said:

Then I'll divide that in half to get 0.05mgai, after which I'll jump to zero.  

Just a few more months and you’re done.

Thats so awesome. Then wait at least a couple months before you start your Ativan taper. Best thing I did. Gave my body a couple months to heal a little.

I’m so happy for you my friend. Give the babies hugs from me❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

Gridley
8 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Just dropping by to say hello

Thanks, sunnysideup.  Very nice to hear from you and I hope you have a happy day.

Gridley
1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I’m so happy for you my friend. Give the babies hugs from me❤️

Thanks, Frogie.  Just a couple of months for you!  And give your fur baby a big hug from me.

Frogie
20 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Thanks, Frogie.  Just a couple of months for you!  And give your fur baby a big hug from me.

We are so close! I’ll give her a big squeeze from you.

jozeff

Congratulations gridley for tapering to such a low dose!

Didn't want to hack your topic, just reacted to something you mentioned earlier.

Keep up the spirit!!

Jozeff

Erell

A bit late, but juste realised how far you've gone !

Wouaw ! 

That is so awesome !!!

Take care ❤️

sunnysideup69

I second Erell's comment....wow! That's great progress on the Lexapro. You are so nearly off!

Gridley

@jozeff @Erell @sunnysideup69

Thanks for you kind wishes. So nice to hear from you.   Thursday I'll drop to 0.3mgai for a month and so on down.  It's just a tiny bit of powder now.  Because of the limitations of the scale (the smallest you can drop is 1mg pill weight, these drops are considerably more than 10%) but I'm doing okay, just the usual symptoms.  Going from 0.2 to 0.1 will be 50% and from 0.1 to 0.05 another 50%.  At that point I'll see whether to do another drop to 0.025 or jump off at 0.05.  Then, after a break,  on to Ativan.

Healing thoughts to all of you.

Giulietta

Hello Gridley

It is positive to see you doing well and all the well-wishers checking in. Soon you'll be off of this money making toxin..... ;)

G.

Gridley
Posted (edited)

Down to 0.3mgai (3mgpw, which is a 98.5% reduction from my original 20mgai.)  Due to the limitations of the scale, I'm having to eyeball the measurements now..  My symptoms remain stable and the same--anhedonia, apathy, some sleep problems, occasional anxiety but much less than when I hit a rough spot around 3mgai.  On course to sail on down to zero within the next few months.

Edited by Gridley

Giulietta
1 hour ago, Gridley said:

On course to sail on down to zero within the next few months.

Way to go! I wonder if you will take an ice boat. ;)

Look forward to hearing you are managing the drops well.

Rosetta

Thinking of you, Gridley.  I hope you are able to enjoy a few things here and there.  

Rosetta

Gridley

@Rosetta

Thanks, Rosetta.  I'm still able to enjoy food.  Used to love to cook though that's pretty flat now.  I made an Indian dish with shrimp and a yogurt sauce through brought me pleasure. Also a bolognese sauce for pasta. I do get pleasure from our two dogs.  I can still read and that's how I spend most of my time.  I do better with re-reding than starting a new book since my comprehension level needs a boost.

I hope you can get some pleasure at some points through the day.

mustafa

Hello @Gridley, I think iam a bad friend, you always help me and I dont do, respond like a dead person 😂, iam really very sorry for this.

I hope you are fine; I read the signature yours, is it updated?, what are the drugs u are having now?

Gridley, is your suffer very hard?, do you think some times that it is not bearable for u?

Sending hugs to u from my heart ❤

Please take care.

Gridley
14 hours ago, mustafa said:

Hello @Gridley, I think iam a bad friend, you always help me and I dont do, respond like a dead person 😂, iam really very sorry for this.

I hope you are fine; I read the signature yours, is it updated?, what are the drugs u are having now?

Gridley, is your suffer very hard?, do you think some times that it is not bearable for u?

Sending hugs to u from my heart ❤

Please take care.

You are doing fine, Mustafa.  You have nothing to apologize for.  

Yes, my signature is updated.  I am tapering very slowly and my symptoms are tolerable, what they call here on the site WDnormal, which means feeling the same degree of so-so or blah every day.  

Thank you very much for thinking of me and your kind words.

Rosetta

Oh, I’m glad you enjoyed that dish.  Being able to read is very nice.  Take care, R

Frogie

Gridley:

Woooo hoooo!

Look how far you have tapered.

Not much longer!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Gridley
5 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Woooo hoooo!

Thanks, Frogie.  I'm at 98.5% off original dose of 20mg.

You are going to be a post-drug graduate very, very soon!

Frogie
2 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Thanks, Frogie.  I'm at 98.5% off original dose of 20mg.

You are going to be a post-drug graduate very, very soon!

That’s fantastic!

I will be done in September, thanks to you and Brassmonkey’s help.

Give your babies BIG hugs from me😊

Cigale

Hello @Gridley - Just want to send some hope and encouragement today! You are an inspiration for me. Thank you!

mdwstrx
14 hours ago, Gridley said:

I'm at 98.5% off original dose of 20mg.

🙂😃 🤗

Hi @@Gridley. Praying all continues to go smoothly

as you successfully finish your taper! Thanks for

all you do here and  for blazing a trail for the rest of us.

I'm so excited for you!

Md

🌼

SkyStreamer

Hi @Gridley

I just saw in your signature that you're almost done your Lexapro taper. That's amazing work you've accomplished! Congratulations!

It's very motivating for me to see your progress, as I'm tapering the same AD.

Did you find the last 5mg particularly difficult, as most people seem to experience?

Gridley
11 hours ago, SkyStreamer said:

Did you find the last 5mg particularly difficult, as most people seem to experience?

I hit a rough spot around the mid-3mg's, but after that it's been pretty okay.  Now that I'm down to 0.3, due to the limitations of the the scale, my % drop is having to exceed 10%, but I'm working to balance that by holding longer.

You're doing great, getting down so low.  Congratulations!