SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

I believe that to live a meaningful and fulfilling you need to have purpose in life.

In addition to that, to be satisfied you need to have health, wealth and fulfilling relationships (and spirituality).

Law of Attraction has taught us that all this is possible if you use it.

You can use the energy of God, or the Universe for example to attain your materialistic aspirations and spiritual connection with 'it'.

Let me know your thoughts on this and lets get the discussion going and help each other manifest our dreams.

You can check me out on YouTube, I just started a channel and I made a brief video on this topic.. looking forward to meeting you there, heres the link:-

All The Best

Taking 1050mg of Lithium, 1500mg of Devalproex Sodium, 75mg of Invega Sustenna injection once a month (This has been weened down twice- once from 150mg to 100mg in February '16 and 100mg to 75mg in August). The reason I ween this down more than 10% at a time is because it comes in an injection form and in set dosages.

I also take Vitamin B, C, Rhodiola, and Omega 3.

Check out my YouTube Channel for my rants on weaning off drugs.

Although all the money, and material wealth in the world cannot make us happy if our health is compromised, having something to do and dreams to achieve while we are able to with what health we do have will make our journey on earth more pleasant to most of us.

Material wealth can take any form from owning multiple cars, houses, etc. to wanting to travel the world. Most of these requires money and what I am trying to say here is that one can fill the 'void' one feels with money. Some choose to do it with art some choose to do it with sports but in the end money is a deeply important aspect of our lives.

If you are feeling depressed, money can be a source of inspiration. Visualizing things that you can and want to do with money may be a source of excitement for you and a means to start taking action towards what you visualize and dream.

Being conscious of the process of manifestation and not getting attached to that which you manifest will keep you grounded in the reality that all things are perishable, and when you die, you die without all your material goods. Like everything, they are temporary, but a great way to add meaning to your life.

One need not neglect his/her spiritual essence as well, as a fulfilled spiritual life is mandatory for a truly happy and whole life.

So I invite you to meditate, meditate upon God, meditate upon your True Self but also meditate upon your physical needs, your dreams and aspirations and begin taking your life on unobstructed adventures.

Good Luck and Have Fun

Heres a video I made for you, hope you enjoy it :)

Taking 1050mg of Lithium, 1500mg of Devalproex Sodium, 75mg of Invega Sustenna injection once a month (This has been weened down twice- once from 150mg to 100mg in February '16 and 100mg to 75mg in August). The reason I ween this down more than 10% at a time is because it comes in an injection form and in set dosages.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post from a topic you started with the title "A Materialistic Life" to this one because your posts are similar and the video link is the same.

When you have more to discuss about the Law of Attraction, please post it in this topic.

You may way want to follow this topic so that you get notifications when someone posts in your thread.  Click the gray "Follow this topic" button. A dialog box appears:  select one of the notify options, then click follow this topic in the dialog box.

Setting this web page as a bookmark or favorite in your browser will help you navigate back to it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

yeah scallywag, I started a new one because for some reason I saw the original one disappear. Thanks for joining them together, much better this way.

• 1 year later...

I actually wouldnt like to live a materialistic life. I would actually want to live a life with someone to give and get love, to paint and create beautiful things, to see beautiful countries and enjoy the life. I guess these things go also with less money if you can work on the way. And I would want if all these toxic substances like Lyrica, benzos and SSRIs are banned.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

We have to be careful how we use language.

How you said you would want to enjoy your life is a description of 100% materialism. 

* Please keep reading, because this is what I first started writing, and this statement has been 100% negated as I continued to dissect this "ordeal".

Material is anything that takes a shape/form.

* My definition before I checked the dictionary.

Here are a few definitions of 'material' and it's derivative words from the online Oxford Living Dictionaries (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com):-

material

noun

mass noun

• 1The matter from which a thing is or can be made.

‘goats can eat more or less any plant material’

count noun ‘highly flammable materials’
    More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1materials Things needed for an activity.
      ‘cleaning materials’

More example sentences
      Synonyms
    2. 1.2with adjective or noun modifier A person of a specified quality or suitability.
      ‘he's not really Olympic material’

More example sentences
      Synonyms
  • 2Information or ideas for use in creating a book or other work.

‘his colonial experiences gave him material’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 2.1 Items, such as songs or jokes, comprising a performer's act.
      ‘a watchable band playing original material’

More example sentences
  • 3Cloth or fabric.

‘a piece of dark material’

count noun ‘dress materials’

adjective

• 1attributive Denoting or consisting of physical objects rather than the mind or spirit.

‘the material world’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 Concerned with money or possessions rather than the needs of the mind or spirit.
      ‘material living standards have risen’

More example sentences
      Synonyms
    2. 1.2 Concerned with the matter of reasoning, not its form.
      ‘political conflict lacks mathematical or material certitude’

More example sentences
  • 2Significant; important.

‘the insects did not do any material damage to the crop’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 2.1Law (of evidence or a fact) significant or relevant, especially to the extent of determining a cause or affecting a judgement.
      ‘information that could be material to a murder inquiry’

materialism

noun

mass noun

• 1A tendency to consider material possessions and physical comfort as more important than spiritual values.

‘they hated the sinful materialism of the wicked city’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
  • 2Philosophy
    The theory or belief that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.

Example sentences
    1. 2.1 The theory or belief that consciousness and will are wholly due to material agency.
      Example sentences

materialistic

adjective

• Excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented.

‘we're living in a highly materialistic society’

Come to think of it, having a relationship with somebody and sharing your/my life, in my own intellectually satisfying way (sort-of, I'm also figuring this stuff out), would be a balance between spiritual and materialistic means/ways.

I would think, even the realization of the desire to paint is a combination of material as well as spiritual aspects. That the thought of needing/wanting to do that has materialized in your own mind, however, the intrinsic material desire that you would like to have manifested according to my understanding that you would like to buy/purchase an object such as a paint brush or a canvas and paint a picture, that perhaps you would hang on a material wall by your bed or in the living room, or even gift it or sell it or send/ship it to someone... Involved the materialization of that intrinsic desire.

Love would most definitely involve a whole lot of spiritual materialization of that love.  And it can definitely be expressed in more and more, as a current intellectual understanding, for example by means of touching one another (your significant other) or by materialistically playing with one another or walking down the beach or having a picnic whilst having material food.

And having discussing this, we can realize the fact of the balance between the two. That for example when you are just thinking of that person. It is a material thought, however, I would suggest/think, that that is  has a much more spiritual basis to it, given the fact that that person you are thinking of, yet are receiving their love, is not, at the time materialistically present.

Wooah

LuiB

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy