SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

TheWayfarer: Zoloft Side Effect + Emotionless

TheWayfarer

I still feel nothing in my heart

On the 29th i took zoloft 25mg. Since then i have suffered from savere apathy, low sex drive, nasua, cognative imparment, impulsiveness, inablility to plan properly, inability to properly construct sentences and ingage in conversation, fatugue. I see little to no improvement dailey and in some way it feels worse. 90% sexual numbness, can only feel emotion in dreams, in the day i feel mostly like a corpse braught alive by battery acid injections when i do have emotion its either depression or its muted and barely present. The range of emotion is hard to feel. Forlorn and nostalgia are the most common felt emotions..

Although now i recognize the sole cause of all this is not the pill. It is extreme stress anxiety and depression along with the Placebo Affect + medical anxiety.. This may have been triggered by the medication but now that it is out of my system and seeing i only took it for a day it has left no long term effect on me. I just need to learn coping skills and make life style changes that will lead me to a full recovery.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayfarer

• scallywag

• ChessieCat

• Shep

Top Posters In This Topic

Im allso having spacial diorentation and trouble walking

On the 29th i took zoloft 25mg. Since then i have suffered from savere apathy, low sex drive, nasua, cognative imparment, impulsiveness, inablility to plan properly, inability to properly construct sentences and ingage in conversation, fatugue. I see little to no improvement dailey and in some way it feels worse. 90% sexual numbness, can only feel emotion in dreams, in the day i feel mostly like a corpse braught alive by battery acid injections when i do have emotion its either depression or its muted and barely present. The range of emotion is hard to feel. Forlorn and nostalgia are the most common felt emotions..

Although now i recognize the sole cause of all this is not the pill. It is extreme stress anxiety and depression along with the Placebo Affect + medical anxiety.. This may have been triggered by the medication but now that it is out of my system and seeing i only took it for a day it has left no long term effect on me. I just need to learn coping skills and make life style changes that will lead me to a full recovery.

My parents are not taking me serously tonight i feel like i should go to the docters, i realky do holsital if neccisary. I know that seems oberkill but its to wierd for me. Im told it probably a panic attack but jve expernced many panic attacks before and nothing this strange. My back is allos very itchy.

I have no idea whats going on my heart is numb but my head is feeling so strange. Is it posible im feeling some long term side effects of the lectric shock? No it has to be the medication nurolagist and behavoral phycolagist say its imposible on just 25 mg!Im talking really loud when i shouldnt be im not actong normal my mind is so drugged. I need to be hear fore my borther and family but that means i allos need to recover. I cant stop sweating my brains freaking out. Can i still be going through withdrawl or has the meds brought something out? Can it be getting worse? Im told this is a panic atttack but its not ive felt oanic attacks before and this is not one i am sure of that.

After doing even further research i belive i am suffering from atomotivational syndrome witch is usally trigured by ssri's or traumatic brain injury. This is usally found in younger people. All the cases i found on the internet include ages rangeing from 10 years to 17 years old.

This allso acording to my research directly corolates with frontal lobe disorder witch is allso can be trigured by brief ssri use. It is charcterised by apathy, change in personality, loss of motivation, fatugue, sex drive loss, cognative imparment(hard time constructing sentences and thinking about hard theories), impulsivness, and a host of other symptoms i am experncing. Usally damage done by frontal lobe disorder is mostly permanant and can worsen depending on weather there is an infection or not.

I feel like some of my symptoms are a little better but for the most part there worse. If i do have this syndrome then god help me. Because it would mean this is going to be long term and almost permanant...

I am going to see a nurolagist today to talk about this. He may run some tests. Hopefully its nothing and my brain is just withdrawing from a minor change induced by medication...

Wayfarer, you seem to have PSSD. PSSD is often accompanied by emotional anesthesia. In my case PSSD caused also a much much calmer heart (also some other PSSD sufferers report this, too). A worse short-term memory or worse concentration is a common symptom when one has PSSD. Maybe it helps that you know that you are not the only one. The PSSD yahoo group has more than 3800 members. If you are 100% sure that this is caused by the medication, don't let other people tell you that it is psychosomatic.

Do people usually recover from pssd? I am told that it is permanent by some.. And that improvement is few and far between...

Have there been any strides in pssd research is it possible to be healed 100%? Please after only one pill it seems almost imposible that i would be experncing this then again it allso seems almost imposible that after only one pill i would be experncing withdrawl affects... if i an suffering is there cure other than "time and a possatove attitude"?! Id be willing to do anythi g to recover id be willing to give anything. I cant live alofelike this i had dreams and i cant i need to feel to acomplish those dreams i want to feel again qith my brother! I hope i dont have it i have been feeling afully childish lately a feeling i havnt felt for a while.

I think you will feel a bit better when you relax. At the moment this is a shock for you which could make some things even worse temporarily.

You can only wait and be positive.

Doctors often give the answers they gave you. Often they are wrong.

There are no strides in PSSD research at the moment, but there are strides in "mapping serotonin dynamics in the living brain".

I am told that pssd is imposible and that the medication couldnt of done anything to me and even if i did have a reaction after only one dose its out of my system and couodnt of had any long term effect on me. Hethinks that that day was just the breaking point of my brain. That my brain is blocking emotion to cope with this load. And adrenaline.

But that doesnt make any sence. Hell here are two cases of pssd one is a football player who had no mental issues at all and after taking this med he felt no sex drive and apathy! Doesnt that disprove that its my brain coping! Could this of braught out autism in me ?

Here are the cases i was talking about. I know some of you must have some form of pssd (if it exists) is there really a posability that its all in my head? That my brain is just deoressed so its limiting my ability to feel good emotions?

Case 4:

PSSD after just one pill of Zoloft (50 mg).

took the pill on 25 August and now I have emotions problems, low libido, ED, anhedonia and more… It seems impossible.

It is important for me to understand if I can hope in a full recovery or not.

Case 5:

Sex problems and emotional coldness didn’t come till after quitting the drug.

This exact drug ruined my life. Lexapro may potentially permanently damage.

I had everything I could ever want. I was a division 1 college football player with beautiful college girls all over. I had great friends ,a nice truck and motorcycle. I had it made.

I got on this drug because the stress from school and football was getting to me. Next thing I know I’m 21 years old and I’m physically and mentally screwed. Everything fell apart

http://rxisk.org/pssd-if-a-drug-caused-blindness/

PSSD definitely exists. Even animal studies have shown that. Your doctor just has no clue and does not know the literature. The prescribing information for Prozac has already acknowledged it.

You have to judge for yourself whether it was the drug. But don't listen to people who say that this is not possible because that's definitely wrong.

By the way: Once a doctor told me that every medicine can cause damage and any doctor who denys that is not a real doctor.

God help me

You should try to relax and try to be patient. That's the best thing you can do.

My emotions dont match my brain and my enviroment. Its as if my brain and my heart were seprated.

Corection not that its imposible but that its highly unlikly and that he hasnt heard of it. I cant imagine life like this im going to see if a pastor can heal me thats all i can think of right now. If a pastorcant heal me... i dont know.

Could this possibly be stress and anxiety? i dont think it is but everyone days it is. if it were stress and anxiaty i dont think it would feel this strange... My arms feel pumped full of energy.. Its wierd

Here is my logic, seeing it is apparently impossible for me to experience complete irradiation of stress adrenaline attacks after only one day of Zoloft(25mg), it must be something else something that can change after one dose. I believe that one dose triggered something that had been underlying for a long time. And whatever it is has changed me.

Currently i feel no emotions in my heart and am experiencing nervous energy under the skin of my shoulder blades, it will sometimes spread to my arms then shoot back to my head. My head feels like it slightly full of chemicals. last night it was much worse i felt like my head was full of this strange liqued energy i feel under the skin of my shoulder blades. It was compelty overwhelming.

I would like to think that this is just my CNS trying to reach homeostasis but that would require the assumption that my CNS changed in the first place. According to doc this is not possible with such a low dose and even if it were its very rare and almost never heard of.

So that leaves me with a question. Why is it that the day after taking my meds my body got numb my head got numb and i felt apathetic, i had nasua attacks couldnt hold down my food and felt waves of liqued energy bombard my brain. Why cant i control my crying and when i cry why cant i feel it in my heart?

Is this PSSD? And if it is how is that possible after one dose? Could it be something else? Can anxiety do this? Can stress do this? Can OCD do this?

Ive experienced many panic attacks and stress attacks but nothing like whats been happening to me for the past five days. Mabye im grasping at straws and dont want to accept PSSD. But could it be somthing else and if so what?

Please pray for me i dont know what else to say at this point.

Could it really be a cns change and will it really get better? Can it get worse? Doc says i should take a new non ssri med to help me with depression witch acording to him is causing this..

Im thinking many irational ideas like jumping off my dock and laying in the river. Or going to nigeria to see a pastor who is said to have healing abilities..

I almost feel worse, allot worse my head is empty my heart is empty and i don't feel anything. Im beeing bonbarded with wierd enery and im confused. I feel extremely fatigued and dumb more dumb than i felt yesterday. Can i have something that worsens daily? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Wayfarer, it is far too early to make any conclusion about PSSD for you.

Wayfarer, you seem to have PSSD. PSSD is often accompanied by emotional anesthesia.

Futurerecovery, I'm sorry that you are experiencing PSSD and am glad that you are finding support at another site.  I'm not sure on which of Wayfarer's statements you're basing your conclusion.  In fact, I'd say that right now there is little to support that conclusion.

It's clear that the intent of your post was to help Wayfarer (WF). Given his subsequent posts, one could conclude that adding this unsolicited speculation has increased his anxiety in what is already a distressing situation.

I have hidden your post asking WF about his sexual functioning. Those conversations are best had in the yahoo support group or other sites. This is a site for assisting people in discontinuing psychiatric medications and in dealing with their symptoms, not for medical diagnostic examinations.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Moderator Emeritus

Futurerecovery, I think that an important part of the whole picture is that the Wayfarer is 17. 

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Boy, oh boy did you work yourself up into a frenzy...

Even if there were no pills involved worrying and scaring oneself so much would make anyone stressed and anxious.

Are you still in therapy?

You say you want to do something to get better (except being calm and positive). But being calm and positive is a lot of hard work and requires practicing skills that will last you a lifetime. Instead of spooking yourself with all sorts of horror stories that are not applicable to you I would highly encourage you to look into non drug ways of coping with symptoms that you report.

Whatever caused you to take that (and other pills) is still there and as you saw you can't take a pill to make it go away. It requires a different kind of effort. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

And I don’t like it, I felt the same way when I was put on Add medication in middle school. I do.

Also a little background I'm very sensitive to medication. i took 50 mg of Benadryl and that practically made me lose conciseness after waking up i was angry and confused for a week.

Can you tell us a bit more about your drug history? What other drugs were you taking, at what doses and for how long? When and how did you come off of them?

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

I appreciate all your responses.

I took ADD medication in middle school even though my ADD was a mis-diagnosis. This medication made me withdraw from social activities, witch scared my parents into taking me off the medication.

In 9th grade i was dealing with cronic stress and anxiaty

10th grade it got much worse when i developed cronic gerd. (cronic acid reflux)

10 grade summer i suffered from depression (medium) and savere cronic stress/axiaty. Every day i was so stressed and anxous about random OCD things that didnt make sence. I would have adrenaline attacks that would last sevral hours at a time. I wasnt able to sleep at night due to adrenaline.

I had a phycolagist to help me cope with OCD

but OCD got bad to teh point were i could no longer operate properly, i was failing in school.

I decided that in order to help me succeed at school so i could better presue my future coreer and dream of helping this nation i would need to use the assistance of modern medicine that is when we found a phyciatrist

We utilized modern gene testing to figure out witch medication i was most prone to so we could minimize side effects.

All the way up to the day i took the pill i had a huge ammount of adrenaline and stress.

Since taking the pill i have had no adrenaline or emotions, my heart and mind feel disconnected and i feel like my brain has been pumped full of chemicals. Im apathetic about things that used to be the center of my life. Im crying non stop even though i cant feel the fear and sadness  in my heart. My first post outlines my symptoms allot more specifically.

I went cold turkey with my middle school ADD Meds.

By the way my vision just got worse i have been having a strange feeling in the top back of my head right under a mole. I have been having pain there for a while and im feeling a wierd energy feeling there now top back left of my head... Should i see someone about my vision? i really feel like it may be something more urgent than an ssri induced issue.. How else can my sudden foggy vision and all this be explained? I dont know..

• Administrator

TheWayfarer -- You will need to learn to stay as calm as possible. It will take some time for your system to settle down.

In the meantime, whenever you start to worry, instead of focusing on an uncomfortable symptom (and maybe making it bigger), distract yourself with something else. Do you have a dog or cat? Give him or her a petting or take your dog for a walk.

Walking is a very good way to help your nervous system settle down. Don't overdo it, but get out and look around, enjoy what you can.

Or do a chore. Do anything that takes your mind off your worry.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

You are right that is a good suggestion. even though i know this is what i should do i would like you guys to answer this if you would.

I’m am worried that i may have some kind of serous brain condition i say the because my vision has gotten suddenly blurry i feel apathetic i can’t concentrate or construct sentences properly i feel sick constantly i feel like someone took every emotion put it in a blender then pumped it into my head and shoulder blades the mole on my scalp stings pain in my fingers, strange feeling in parietal lobe, my hands are feeling sticky all of a sudden… I did have an electric shock a while back three weeks ago or so, it made me feel sick and have a panic attack. But i doubt it has anything to do with what I’m currently experiencing. My vision got allot worse. Funny though i just felt nostalgia when looking at the north star. Reminds me of christmas. But as fast as it came it is now gone and replaced by no emotion. I know i have to distract myself but i can’t help but wang to know whats happening. Could my senses be worsening? Could this be ptsd and could ptsd get worse? Could this be my brain fixing itself? or could this be a worsening brain disorder that was triggered by an seri? I know this may not see logical and i should do something else but please for me look at my concerns my symptoms and give me an educated well thought out answer. Thank you.

After crying uncontrollably for half a minute i lost my ability to feel emotion completely again i feel detached from reality. I don't want to have pssd. I feel like a child! I dont feel any testosterone. I want to get angry at politicians again! It feels so untrual talking about myself in this state.

I have no desire to stay awake anymore.... I used to want to do things.. Like reading the news researching playing violin or listening to music. Watching movies. Netflix. I feel nothing and have no reason to do anything because i cant feel emotion.

They all say that its depression...

but after crying the chem feeling is back in my stomach

• Moderator Emeritus

You've been concerned about having no emotions so it's actually good news that you had emotion even if it  was crying for only 30 seconds. 

When you're feeling unmotivated, sometimes it works just to pick something to do and then do it as best as you can. At times like that I've offered to assist other people with stuff they are doing -- yardwork, washing dishes, putting mailing packages together, walking the dog.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

I dont want to live as a bloody unic for the rest of my life! I cant feel emotion i can only feel fear a burning chest and bladder and indiference! I am no man i used to feel like a man but now i feel like a child in a mans body who cant feel emotion. Im sore afraid. I used to be able to get an erection a few days back but i cant now not at all. Please if you know anything that may help me.

I cant live with pssd not after one drug no i cant it was only one pill god gave me a life a family oh lord why! I will fast tomrow in hopes that god will hear my plea. Please pray that i make a full recovery and am able to be me sean 17 year old male who has a big heart. I dont want to be who theese meds make me. Take my arms and my legs just dont lord take my identity... he is merciful and his timing is right but i cant help but question this turn of fate...

I cant say how fearful i am that nothing will happen that i will never recover and if i do not fully. I am afraid that life will pass me by because of this. Oh lord help. Please let me testify in fornt of theese people that your word is true and that you care. Please heal me as a tetimony to others that your word heals... guys i dont know what to say i feel at a loss. Im pretty sure i have pssd. Putting everything together.

1. First day i have a reaction even thoigh it is medicly imposible to have one because the brain hasnt had enough serotonin and even if it did it cant change its receptors this fast. And cms cant change that fast. But i did have a sexual reaction. I am numb down below and remember it becoming numb i feel unable to have an erection and am disgusted at the thought of sex when it used tl arouse me.... Along with that i cant feel emotion. Oh god ive read the stories i am not the only one please heal me. I will do anything.

If any of you want to please pray for me and each other. For this is a terrible curse. And if you know anything that can help provide me with some form of hope and closure that i will recover and that this is not pssd. Please do. Thank you all.

I feel less sick its as if my body has gotten throuhg the initial shock of losing all testostrone production or atleast most of it... this would explain my symptoms and emotionlesness. My sences are getting worse and so is my abylity to have an erection witch is almost non existant now..

http://rxisk.org/pssd-if-a-drug-caused-blindness/

http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=313

Could this be something other than pssd?

Could it be some other brain disorder? Why is it making me feel starveing all the time?

• Moderator Emeritus

WF, you took one dose, 25 mg, of Zoloft on Oct. 26.  That is one week ago -- 7 days. 

A number of people have posted that you *will* almost certainly recover and that you need to allow time for this to happen. The links you post present numerous negative outcomes. While these do happen they are not the entire story, not by a long shot. You are giving more weight to the negative data than the positive.  You would be doing yourself a huge favour by stopping your research on symptoms -- the information you're finding isn't improving your perspective or helping you cope with your symptoms.

Which of these links have you read?
What is withdrawal syndrome
How your brain responds to psychiatric drugs - aka "Brain remodeling"
Youtube video, 4 minutes: Healing from antidepressants
Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

scallywag's Introduction

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/195/3/211

I will check out the links you reccomended. My oarrents belive that i just snapped and that pssd or any other cns changes are imposible...

• Moderator Emeritus

I went cold turkey with my middle school ADD Meds.

Hi, Wayfarer.

Can you tell us more about your ADD meds? Even if you can't remember the dose you were on, do you have the names of the drugs? 

Also, are you using alcohol or any other types of drugs or supplements? 

And please do try to stay calm. Stressing yourself out can also wreak havoc on your already destabilized CNS. I know at 17, this is especially hard and you just want to get on with life, but please try to work with us. We want you to be safe. 

Edit: one quick other question please Wayfarer, are you taking any medication for your chronic acid reflex (gerd)? This is important, as some stomach medications can cause psychiatric side and withdrawal effects. 

No i wasnt before i went on zoloft i was completly "clean" although i did drink more cofee than i usally did the morning (day after taking the pill). Durring this summmer i did take one gerd med but that was in june. It gave me a panic attack. As for the add meds i cant recall the names. But that as years ago so i doupt that it has much to do with what i an curently experncing.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info, Wayfarer.  I'm glad you're not taking any other drugs. 

I really think you had a major adverse reaction to a drug, and it may take awhile for your CNS to settle down.

Perhaps being on ADD meds set yourself up for being extra sensitive to meds (one gerd med gave you a panic attack and one Zoloft caused a severe reaction). Or perhaps you are naturally sensitive to certain meds. But it's good you know that about yourself now at a young age. You'll know to be extra careful with any and all drugs going forward.  You may also want to be very careful with supplements, too, as they can also ramp up symptoms such as anxiety. 

How are you handling your OCD? It's easy for people prone to anxiety to have a very difficult time handling withdrawal. 

If you can, try to let the physical sensations of anxiety go through your body without attaching thoughts to them. I'm seeing a pattern of catastrophic thinking where you are looking into the future and picturing a very bleak outcome, which is not likely to happen. 

Are you able to play video games, listen to music, or take a walk when you get hit with these types of thoughts? 

Mindfulness can be a very powerful tool for handling OCD. 

This is a website for teenagers about mindfulness that may be helpful:

This section has some great guided meditations .  When you're calm, practicing the body scan and breathing mindfully are good, and when you're anxious, there's a "walking meditation" listed. I used a lot of walking meditations to handle akathisia, which is a severe form of anxiety and inner restlessness. Even the most severe forms of anxiety are temporary states, and if you can learn to handle these severe symptoms caused by the drug, you can walk away from this experience a bit of a guru, and more than able to handle the anxieties and stresses that life throws at you in the future. 

There are some mindfulness links here in the Non-drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms that you may wish to explore, as well. 

As you feel able, spend time exploring these types of activities, as opposed to googling and reading research. Almost all of the research is for people who have taken more than one pill and are older than you. You really are at an advantage. 

Trading in "panic" and finding "peace" is the ultimate goal here.