SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Godiswithme: I'm very scared

Godiswithme

but I have such a strong feeling I am going to die? Is this common, do you know?

You CT off 2 mg of Abilify also, so i dont know if anybody has addressed that. CT withdrawals from that can make you feel vulnerable and not secure.

Been taking paroxetine 20 mg for 20+ years for depression. Taking 300 mg of wellbutrin since October 2015 for adhd and depression. Take fish oil, calcium, and a multivitamin. Started taking risperidone late January 2015 3mg for a misdiagnoses of bipolar. Started tapering risperidone late July 2016. As of late September tapered down to 2mg at 5% a week off current dose. Oct 21/2016 1.58 mg Nov 21/2016 1.26mg No withdrawals so far.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Godiswithme

• Shep

• yyeehhaaww

• Mort81

Top Posters In This Topic

but I have such a strong feeling I am going to die? Is this common, do you know?

You CT off 2 mg of Abilify also, so i dont know if anybody has addressed that. CT withdrawals from that can make you feel vulnerable and not secure.

Thank you so much for responding. I am so scared.

in Aug 2014, prescribed 20 mg of escitalopram.  Oct 2014, upped to 30 mg.

In January 2016, "doctor" added 2mg of Abilify

I had been taking .5 Xanax in AM and PM for a few years

Xanax November 23rd, 2016 .25   5 times per day

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

I cold turkeyed off escitalopram and Abilify on September 4, 2016

i crosses over to 1 mg of Klonopin in Dec 2016. 

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

Godiswithme,

I am 2 1/2 years into a cold turkey wd from Zoloft and zyprexa. I feel better than I did on the meds, but am still not doing terribly well.  I still suffer from insomnia and fatigue, but it is possible to keep going.  I have even had to start drinking again after 15 years of sobriety as a way of getting to sleep at night.  A small reinstatement may be a decent plan, but I am not sure.  I didn't really know about reinstatement when I stopped so it was different for me, but there are plenty of people who as far as 2 years after quitting the drugs have gone back on them and have been able to gain their lives back.  The drugs are lousy, but sometimes are brains grow accustomed to them and pulling them away too quickly can be a shock.  I still think about trying something to help with my sleep, but haven't had much luck when I tried ambien, remeron, or trazadone.  Listen to your soul and figure out what is best for you.  God is proud of you for getting this far and is willing to understand whatever choice you choose to make regarding the drugs.

PoetJester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

I know how ridiculous this sounds and I'm embarrassed, but I have such a strong feeling I am going to die? Is this common, do you know?

Yes i was consumed with similar feelings in wdl  i believe this is a wdl symptom along with the desire to want to die and a fixation with death.

In wdl the brain becomes fixated on lies....dont believe any of it. i would speak back to it.

In time it slowly receded it took about 3  years for me once drug free.

You are going to have to dig deep when it comes to being patient.

sorry you are in this difficult place...if you are a person of faith and it appears you are, then this is the time to use it...however faith will not stop wdl trauma and a ri may be an option you could consider if its too much. This is not a failure just a small blip on the drug free trajectory.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I forgot to add that there are also success stories out there of those who have completely quit the drugs, too.

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Feeling like you're going to die is extremely common. When I first started to taper, I went way too fast. It was awful. I was sure I was going into cardiac arrest on several occasions. The heart palpitations were so scary. As if I needed any more anxiety! At that point I reinstated a small amount. I think I went backup from 10 mgs to 11.25, and it really did relieve the worst of the symptoms. I stayed there for quite a while, and tapered off some other meds that were heightening the withdrawal symptoms. It wasn't until several months later (maybe 5?) that I restarted the Lexapro taper. Now I'm down to 8.1 mgs. Just starting to feel a little more like myself.

Earlier this year when I was in the worst of it I definitely felt like I was going to die. In fact I would go back and forth between wanting to die and panicking because I actually thought I was dying. What got me through it was reminding myself, often out loud, that it was just withdrawal. My perceptions were not reality, and this would all pass. "This too shall pass" became my mantra.

And eventually it did. Nothing is permanent in this life. Sometimes that's a painful reality, but in this case it's a reassuring one.

Don't be embarrassed about sharing any of these things here. We've all been there. We've all needed reassuring from time to time. That's what this site is all about. You're not being ridiculous. You're enduring one of the most difficult things any of us has ever gone through. You are incredibly strong for facing it with as much grace and determination as you have.

Peace, love and healing.

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Godiswithme,

I am 2 1/2 years into a cold turkey wd from Zoloft and zyprexa. I feel better than I did on the meds, but am still not doing terribly well. I still suffer from insomnia and fatigue, but it is possible to keep going. I have even had to start drinking again after 15 years of sobriety as a way of getting to sleep at night. A small reinstatement may be a decent plan, but I am not sure. I didn't really know about reinstatement when I stopped so it was different for me, but there are plenty of people who as far as 2 years after quitting the drugs have gone back on them and have been able to gain their lives back. The drugs are lousy, but sometimes are brains grow accustomed to them and pulling them away too quickly can be a shock. I still think about trying something to help with my sleep, but haven't had much luck when I tried ambien, remeron, or trazadone. Listen to your soul and figure out what is best for you. God is proud of you for getting this far and is willing to understand whatever choice you choose to make regarding the drugs.

PoetJester

Thank you for the response. I don't know what to do. I am frozen in terror.

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

I know how ridiculous this sounds and I'm embarrassed, but I have such a strong feeling I am going to die? Is this common, do you know?

Yes i was consumed with similar feelings in wdl i believe this is a wdl symptom along with the desire to want to die and a fixation with death.

In wdl the brain becomes fixated on lies....dont believe any of it. i would speak back to it.

In time it slowly receded it took about 3 years for me once drug free.

You are going to have to dig deep when it comes to being patient.

sorry you are in this difficult place...if you are a person of faith and it appears you are, then this is the time to use it...however faith will not stop wdl trauma and a ri may be an option you could consider if its too much. This is not a failure just a small blip on the drug free trajectory.

Was it 3 years of pure hell like this is? Thank you for responding to me. Did it lessen during the 3 years?

Please someone answer. I quit 2 mg Abilfy and 30 mg Generic Lexapro Cold Turkey Sept 4th.

I have akathisia so bad, I can't describe it. Is the rule about reinstatement the same for Abilify as AD's?

I know I would be taking a bit of a risk going back on a small dose of generic Lexapro.

What about Abilify? Do I go back on 2mg of Abiligy or smaller and taper? Please help.

63 days ago

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected typo

• Moderator Emeritus

You would reinstate a much, much smaller dose than your last one. Please read up on what's involved in reinstatement (RI) and its benefits+risks:
About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The same guideline applies across psych medication categories: Reinstatement is more likely to be effective the sooner it is done after the last dose. As time passes, it becomes harder to gauge whether RI will be effective, and what the "Goldilocks" dose is -- not too much, not too little, but just right to ease withdrawal symptoms.

note added December 8, 2016:

after getting more information about this member's (Godiswithme) medications and symptoms, reinstatement seems to pose a higher risk for her. Posts about that start with this one -- link.

Edited by scallywag
note added

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

You would reinstate a much, much smaller dose than your last one. Please read up on what's involved in reinstatement and its benefits+risks:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Are the rules the same for anti- psychotics?

PLEASE help me. I am begging.

• Moderator Emeritus

From Scallywag's post #50:

"The same guideline applies across psych medication categories: Reinstatement is more likely to be effective the sooner it is done after the last dose."

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

"The same guideline applies across psych medication categories: Reinstatement is more likely to be effective the sooner it is done after the last dose."

What kind of adverse reaction am I risking? Thank you for responding. I just took Benadryl. I am terrified. Do I reinstate both? At micro doses?

What is the worst case scenario? Could I have a stroke or die? Thank you.

What kind of adverse reaction am I risking? Thank you for responding. I just took Benadryl. I am terrified. Do I reinstate both? At micro doses?

What is the worst case scenario? Could I have a stroke or die? Thank you.

Hello ChessyCat? Do you know the answer? I know you can't tell me what to do.

But what kind of adverse reaction could I have? Do you know? Is it life threatening?

I can't take another day like today. Please someone help me?

Sorry i missed your question to me.

It was very rough for two years then became manageable thereafter receding slowly.

Im doing better now.

What do you think about the idea of doing a drug signature?

Sorry you are in this bad place.

You ask what can happen in wdl well in wdl you can experience akathisia -an uncontrollable restlessness, uncontrollable psychological turmoil an overwhelming desire to commit suicide all iatrogenic in nature.

If you end up in hospital make no mistake about it they will drug you to multiples of previous levels.

What are your current symptoms?

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Sorry i missed your question to me.

It was very rough for two years then became manageable thereafter receding slowly.

Im doing better now.

What do you think about the idea of doing a drug signature?

Sorry you are in this bad place.

You ask what can happen in wdl well in wdl you can experience akathisia -an uncontrollable restlessness, uncontrollable psychological turmoil an overwhelming desire to commit suicide all iatrogenic in nature.

If you end up in hospital make no mistake about it they will drug you to multiples of previous levels.

What are your current symptoms?

I have SEVERE akathisia. I am in withdrawal.

I cold turkeyed off of 30 mg generic Lexapro and 2mg Abilify on September 4th. I don't know what to do. Today was so horrible. I won't make it. I took Benadryl. I have some relief right now.

If I take a chance and reinstate both drugs at a very low dose, I could get a severe adverse reaction. I am trapped. It seems like I have no way out.

What do you think about the idea of doing a drug sig?

Sorry you are going through this.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

If you decide to reinstate, I suggest you reinstate only one drug at a time.  If you reinstate 2 drugs at once and you have an adverse reaction you will not know which one caused it.

My thought is that it would be best to reinstate Lexapro.  As AliG said previously you could try 1mg and see if that makes any improvement.  It takes about 4 days for the drug to get to full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  You may feel some improvement within the first day.

Please take notes daily as per this example:  Keep Notes on Paper.  Keep note of what improves, what worsens and what stays the same.  This will help us to assess whether reinstatement is working.

As NZ has posted, please complete your drug signature as soon as you are able to.  It will make it easier to offer suggestions.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

What do you think about the idea of doing a drug sig?

Sorry you are going through this.

I will do it tomorrow. Thank you.

If you decide to reinstate, I suggest you reinstate only one drug at a time. If you reinstate 2 drugs at once and you have an adverse reaction you will not know which one caused it.

My thought is that it would be best to reinstate Lexapro. As AliG said previously you could try 1mg and see if that makes any improvement. It takes about 4 days for the drug to get to full state in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain. You may feel some improvement within the first day.

Please take notes daily as per this example: Keep Notes on Paper. Keep note of what improves, what worsens and what stays the same. This will help us to assess whether reinstatement is working.

As NZ has posted, please complete your drug signature as soon as you are able to. It will make it easier to offer suggestions.

Thank you for answering. I will do the signature.

• Moderator Emeritus

It has been 8.5 weeks since I ct'd off 30 mgs of generic lexapro and 2mg of Abilify.  I was depressed because my father who lived with us had died and marriage was getting rocky from the stress.  I had been taking  the generic lexapro for 2 years. This doctor added Abilify in Jan '16. I trusted her.  I was depressed over life issues.  I have no previous mental health diagnosis other than some anxiety which I had taken Xanax over the past 5 years.  Most .5 three times per day. varied in usage - often less.

I quickly became dysfunctional and family doctor prescribed .5 Ativan twice per day or I would have died.  I have only become a bit more functional. but barely. I don't know what to do.  I am very scared.

Hi, Godiswithme.

In reading over your thread, it looks like you may be having some rebound anxiety from Ativan. Ativan has an extremely short half-life with peak concentration hitting at about 2 hours.

Some people find that spreading their Ativan dose throughout the day to be helpful.

You may wish to start a thread for yourself in the members-only benzo forum. Benzo withdrawal can take a number of months to resolve, and many people report very intense anxiety and fear symptoms. 

Members only benzo forum

The Ashton Manual will give you more information on what to expect with benzo withdrawal:

The 2002 Ashton Manual is at http://www.benzo.org...anual/index.htm

The April, 7 2011 Ashton Manual Supplement is at http://www.benzo.org.uk/ashsupp11.htm

Ashton and Beyond in Benzo Tapering

The fear I felt during benzo withdrawal was beyond anything I can describe, but that level of fear is completely gone now. Even after 30 years of heavy benzo use, a lot of the symptoms are getting better now. 

Just thinking of the fear and anxiety as being "chemical" and a result of a drug was helpful to me. I would encourage you to find some healthy non-drug ways of self soothing such as mindfulness, yoga, Tai Chi, or calming music. This thread will get you started:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Please do go ahead and fill out your signature. 

Sending healing vibes your way. 

GODiswithme my heart goes out to you because I know what you are going through. The anxiety is most terror any human can take I know it doesn't help right now but it does get better when I was very bad I thought this would never end and I was going to die.but it does get better . What helped me was getting into a warm bath with a cup of epsom salts and I smelt lavendrer oil and frankincese oil. I also learnt self acupuncher to release stress you will find pressure points on internet. I am not 100% yet but far better than was. GOD has also carried me

• Administrator

Hello, GIWM.

Yes, you could try reinstating a small amount of Abilify rather than Lexapro. But first, we need to determine if possibly some of your symptoms are caused by the benzo. Sometimes people get anxiety rebound when the benzo wears off. This can be very severe and make withdrawal symptoms even worse.

Do you take any other drugs? What do you mean by akathisia? At what times of day do you take your benzo? Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, your drugs, and their dosages.

Please try to stay calm and answer these questions.

Here's a link to that audio file catnapt posted, you'll have to copy and paste in your browser to hear it:

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicF.mp3

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

GIWM, 

In addition to answering Altostrata's questions, it will be really helpful if you could list your drugs and symptoms in the way described by this post:

Keep notes on paper about your drug dosages and daily symptom pattern

I know you're scared and in the midst of a severe crisis state, but in order for us to help you, you need to give us this information. 

Any update...?

Recovering paxil addict

Could someone please give me the link for completing my signature? I can't figure it out. Probably due to severe stress right now.

• Moderator Emeritus

I stopped the Ativan after 2 weeks 2 days last week

took 20 mg escitalopram in august and Sept 2014

it was upped to 30 mg of escitalopram around Nov 2014

added 2mg Abilify Jan 2016  

was taking Xanax .5 Am .5 PM for a few years

currently down to .125 AM and .125 PM of Xanax - want to stop this

cold turkeyed off Escitalopram and Abilify on September 4th, 2016

I don't know how to do it

Will someone please copy and paste it for me?  I need help desperately 

Hello, GIWM.

Yes, you could try reinstating a small amount of Abilify rather than Lexapro. But first, we need to determine if possibly some of your symptoms are caused by the benzo. Sometimes people get anxiety rebound when the benzo wears off. This can be very severe and make withdrawal symptoms even worse.

Do you take any other drugs? What do you mean by akathisia? At what times of day do you take your benzo? Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, your drugs, and their dosages.

Here's a link to that audio file catnapt posted, you'll have to copy and paste in your browser to hear it:

Please please help me  I was a little depressed  This psychiatrist has ruined my life.  I am not functional  please help me

Hello, GIWM.

Please please help me  I was a little depressed  This psychiatrist has ruined my life.  I am not functional  please help me

Xanax 11 AM and 11PM  Its so small a dose iam just terrified to stop right now

I posted my signature but I didn't do it right

Is it possible for someone to cut and paste my post above into my signature?

Could someone please give me the link for completing my signature? I can't figure it out. Probably due to severe stress right now.

Click on your name in upper right hand corner. You will see settings and click on that. Then click on signature. It will be on the left side of your settings page.

Been taking paroxetine 20 mg for 20+ years for depression. Taking 300 mg of wellbutrin since October 2015 for adhd and depression. Take fish oil, calcium, and a multivitamin. Started taking risperidone late January 2015 3mg for a misdiagnoses of bipolar. Started tapering risperidone late July 2016. As of late September tapered down to 2mg at 5% a week off current dose. Oct 21/2016 1.58 mg Nov 21/2016 1.26mg No withdrawals so far.