Godiswithme: I'm very scared

Godiswithme

I don't know who told you reinstatement can help symptoms by 50%.

As you have observed, 1/10 mg is too strong for you. How are you measuring 1/10 mg?

A member of this forum.

in Aug 2014, prescribed 20 mg of escitalopram.  Oct 2014, upped to 30 mg.

In January 2016, "doctor" added 2mg of Abilify

I had been taking .5 Xanax in AM and PM for a few years

Xanax November 23rd, 2016 .25   5 times per day

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

I cold turkeyed off escitalopram and Abilify on September 4, 2016

i crosses over to 1 mg of Klonopin in Dec 2016. 

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Godiswithme

• Shep

• yyeehhaaww

• Mort81

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you heard of people being successful with less than 1/10 of a mg for a reinstatement? Thank you.

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

• Administrator

You may note that I was wary about reinstating an SSRI and told you several times that the milder Celexa might be preferable.

I have no idea if you'll do better with less Lexapro. All you can do is listen to your body and see what works.

We don't make any assurances about the benefits of reinstatement. If it works, it works, and you can tell the difference. It appears what you're taking is too strong.

That's the best I can do. You ask for answers but then go your own way. Speaking for myself, I find this very frustrating. You know what the principles are, you'll have to make your own decisions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I did listen to your advice. First, I evened out on the benzos to see if I could become more functional, but I didn't. I couldn't get a prescription for Celexa. I am trying. I am only asking if you have any knowledge of that tiny of an amount working for anyone?

• Moderator Emeritus

GiWM - I hope you get a break for the holiday.

If you reacted to 1/10 of a mg, then reinstatement may not be for you.

I am so glad you tried a tiny amount instead of what doctors would recommend (they would start you at 10 mg, can you see how disastrous that would have been?).

If you persist in trying a reinstatement, try the smallest amount possible.

How many drops are in 1/10 mg?

Based on that, how much lexapro would be in a drop?

Keep in mind that the only way to take less than a drop is to dilute your solution.  This may affect the stability of the solution, so you should only do this a small amount at a time.

But overall, it looks like your best answer is to go the way of the cold turkey, and ride it out.  You will still heal - it does get better.  The only function of the reinstatement is to make the healing time more comfortable.  As Alto implied we don't have any statistics as to "how much better" a reinstatement can make, perhaps the member said that was how much it helped them.

I prefer to say it may take the edge off the symptoms.

At this point, it would probably be best to ride it out.  I've heard that described as a roller coaster.  You have been locked in for the ride, and you have to stay with it till the end.  You can scream, you can shake, you can cry - but you are on the ride for the duration, so you need to find a mindset which will enable you to endure.

Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms

Sometimes, knowing that the reinstatement did not work can be a relief, the removal of a decision that you no longer need to stress over.  No more "should I? could I? would I? how much?" agonizing.  Just let it go.  I hope that this can be freeing for you, and that you can find ways to distract and wait.  

The symptoms will change; you will have good times and bad - healing comes in Waves and Windows, and the symptoms will adjust as your different systems heal.  Work on self-soothing skills.  Remind yourself of my favourite affirmation: It does get better.  It can get better, it will get better.  

These are symptoms, they are not an indication of a serious problem or brain damage or anything like that - they will pass.  Be patient and kind to yourself, give yourself time.  It will get better.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I have reduced to 1/4 of a drop over the past few days. It relieves tight chest and anxiety ridden stomach. But, still makes me feel foggy. If I find this not to be worth it, do I just stop? No matter how long I do it?

If it stops working, can I increase by tiny amounts?

May I ask, if I would have taken a 10 mg pill from a doctor, could there have been lasting effects?

Can I just stop taking this 1/4 drop if I decide to. I have taken a bit for 4 days and reduced from 1/10th of a ml/mg (approx 3 drops) to 1/4 of one drop. It helps some symptoms, but makes me cry and feel very foggy. Can I just stop today if I want to on such a small amount?

So sorry to bother anyone. Please may I just find out if I can stop the 1/4 drop of Escitalopram I have used in last 4 days? 1/10th of a mg had 3 drops so it is very very tiny.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, after only four days, it's safe to simply stop a reinstatement. However, keep in mind it can take 4 days to a week for your CNS to register the drug. 

Please see this section of the thread on About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms :

How long should you give reinstatement?

• It takes at least 4 days for your body to fully register the addition of a neuroactive drug. Unless you have an immediate bad reaction, observe your symptom pattern for about a week to see if the reinstatement is helping. If you have an immediate bad reaction, reduce or stop taking the drug.
  • After reinstatement, the amount of time needed to alleviate withdrawal symptoms (stabilizing) varies according to the individual. Relief can be felt immediately, after some weeks, or after some months.
  • Once you feel withdrawal symptoms are reduced after reinstatement, give your nervous system time to stabilize before attempting dosage reduction. Think in terms of months, not days.
  • Be patient after you reinstate. Reinstatement may not immediately eliminate all withdrawal symptoms. You may still experience waves of symptoms, which usually lessen as time goes on. Do not attempt to taper again until you feel symptom-free, or at least until your withdrawal symptoms are mild and tolerable.
  • The dose needed for effective reinstatement varies according to the individual.

When to discontinue reinstatement
If, upon reinstatement, you very soon feel worse, most likely you are sensitized to the drug and need to take a smaller dosage or, possibly, none at all.

• Sometimes reinstatement does not work. The nervous system has taken such a hard hit from withdrawal, it's destabilized beyond whatever effect the drug might have had.
  • Sometimes reinstatement not only does not work, it causes an adverse reaction from a nervous system sensitized by withdrawal.
  • If you have an immediate bad reaction, reduce or stop taking the drug.

Shep, I am only taking 1/4 of a drop diluted. It does relieve a couple symptoms. Even if I continue and then decide to stop, how would I taper down? I feel the effects of drinking it within 2 hours. I am still trying to decide if it is worth it. It relieves 2 symptoms, but makes my head feel horrible.

Alto, will you please answer only one question? I am using 1/4 of a drop diluted. It is relieving some symptoms but making my head feel horrible. If I stop after a month or whenever, could I just stop? With that small of an amount, do I need to worry about reducing by smaller or diluted amounts?

• Moderator Emeritus

Shep, I am only taking 1/4 of a drop diluted. It does relieve a couple symptoms. Even if I continue and then decide to stop, how would I taper down? I feel the effects of drinking it within 2 hours. I am still trying to decide if it is worth it. It relieves 2 symptoms, but makes my head feel horrible.

Please give this at least a week to see if your headache gets better and makes it worth the reinstatement. Also, you may want to search for ways of handling headaches and other types of pain. Here is one link and I'm sure you can find others: 

Non-drug techniques for dealing with physical pain

After a week, you can simply stop. The longer you stay on it, of course, the more likely you will need to taper, but it would be best to give it at least a week and rate your symptom relief against any problems, such as headaches. 

If it does work, then you'll want to give yourself a number of weeks / months to stabilize. At that point, you'll taper the same as you would with any liquid taper. Please read over: 

Given the severity of your previous cold turkey and the fact that you are also dealing with a benzo, you probably would want to stay on this dose for quite awhile if it's helpful. 

Which two symptoms is it helping? How much are you sleeping now? 

Hello, it relieves tight chest and anxiety stomach. I dropped down to 1/8 of one drop today diluted. Head symptom lessened. I appreciate your advice. How would I ever taper down from this? I am asking because if I do this for more than a week, I need to decide? Not sleeping well. Thank you for your time.

Taking 1/8 of a drop. Will I need to taper if on for more than a week? How to taper that small of an amount?

GiWM - I hope you get a break for the holiday.

If you reacted to 1/10 of a mg, then reinstatement may not be for you.

I am so glad you tried a tiny amount instead of what doctors would recommend (they would start you at 10 mg, can you see how disastrous that would have been?).

If you persist in trying a reinstatement, try the smallest amount possible.

How many drops are in 1/10 mg?

Based on that, how much lexapro would be in a drop?

Keep in mind that the only way to take less than a drop is to dilute your solution. This may affect the stability of the solution, so you should only do this a small amount at a time.

But overall, it looks like your best answer is to go the way of the cold turkey, and ride it out. You will still heal - it does get better. The only function of the reinstatement is to make the healing time more comfortable. As Alto implied we don't have any statistics as to "how much better" a reinstatement can make, perhaps the member said that was how much it helped them.

I prefer to say it may take the edge off the symptoms.

At this point, it would probably be best to ride it out. I've heard that described as a roller coaster. You have been locked in for the ride, and you have to stay with it till the end. You can scream, you can shake, you can cry - but you are on the ride for the duration, so you need to find a mindset which will enable you to endure.

Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms

Sometimes, knowing that the reinstatement did not work can be a relief, the removal of a decision that you no longer need to stress over. No more "should I? could I? would I? how much?" agonizing. Just let it go. I hope that this can be freeing for you, and that you can find ways to distract and wait.

The symptoms will change; you will have good times and bad - healing comes in Waves and Windows, and the symptoms will adjust as your different systems heal. Work on self-soothing skills. Remind yourself of my favourite affirmation: It does get better. It can get better, it will get better.

These are symptoms, they are not an indication of a serious problem or brain damage or anything like that - they will pass. Be patient and kind to yourself, give yourself time. It will get better.

Hello, 3 drops were in .1 ml. I am currently taking 1/8 of one drop. So it is .00416667. Would that need to be tapered? Do people taper that small of an amount.

So GIWM what exactly are you saying

Are you saying i took 0.00416667 mg and i am having an adverse reaction so i want to stop taking it, or

are you saying i took 0.00416667mg and i am feeling better, i am feeling some therapeutic effects  so i want to stop taking it.

or are you saying i intend to take 0.00416667 for a month or two then stop taking it.

First could you just confirm if you are taking 0.00416667 or 0.0041666667 mg

just kidding.

I would have thought that dose to be so tiny you could stop it at any time .....Well i have to confess that you have taken me to a whole new galaxy a whole new realm of understanding on low dose ri. I have never heard of such a dose. Then again i'm only a newbee to this type of micro-chemistry.

Although i have read of KB dealing in one thousands of a milligram.

What would you like to do  ?

Sorry im not much help good luck with your decisions.

nz11

What exactly are these chemicals people are swallowing?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Now that you and NZ are discussing this written out as .00416667 mg, it does show how incredibly sensitive our nervous system become during withdrawal. 

And that's key in answering your question. If you responded positively or negatively to this tiny amount, that means your nervous system is being affected by it. 

If you come off in a week or so, no taper would be required. But just like we recommend a quick taper for anyone who's on an AD for a month, if you decide at a month that the reinstatement is not working, you could do a quick 25% reduction taper like what is sometimes recommended for someone who's only taken an AD for a month.

If you're seeing an adverse reaction, though, it could be faster. But keep in mind, when your nervous system is registering even this tiny a dose, it's likely to miss it when it's gone. In other words, it could cause withdrawal symptoms. 

So the pace of a taper is in relation to the time back on the drug, making allowances for adverse reactions, as well as how you feel.  

Question - are you having any signs at all of the tongue symptoms that you had earlier, anything that could anyway resemble TD? 

Now that you and NZ are discussing this written out as .00416667 mg, it does show how incredibly sensitive our nervous system become during withdrawal.

And that's key in answering your question. If you responded positively or negatively to this tiny amount, that means your nervous system is being affected by it.

If you come off in a week or so, no taper would be required. But just like we recommend a quick taper for anyone who's on an AD for a month, if you decide at a month that the reinstatement is not working, you could do a quick 25% reduction taper like what is sometimes recommended for someone who's only taken an AD for a month.

If you're seeing an adverse reaction, though, it could be faster. But keep in mind, when your nervous system is registering even this tiny a dose, it's likely to miss it when it's gone. In other words, it could cause withdrawal symptoms.

So the pace of a taper is in relation to the time back on the drug, making allowances for adverse reactions, as well as how you feel.

Question - are you having any signs at all of the tongue symptoms that you had earlier, anything that could anyway resemble TD?

No tongue symptoms at all. Will my nervous system ever get any better than it is right now? Could it possibly be permanent? I know no one knows for sure, but is it a possibility it could be permanently this sensitive? from what I did?

Thank you for your detailed response.

• Moderator Emeritus

Permanent? That's doubtful. It may take a long time to resolve, though.

Here are some recovery stories off the Beyond Meds website. Lots of hope there.

Beyond Meds - Recovery Stories

I'm glad you're not having any tongue symptoms. That right there is a sign that this isn't permanent. 

Permanent? That's doubtful. It may take a long time to resolve, though.

Here are some recovery stories off the Beyond Meds website. Lots of hope there.

Beyond Meds - Recovery Stories

I'm glad you're not having any tongue symptoms. That right there is a sign that this isn't permanent.

So recovery is synonymous with the desensitization of my nervous system?

can I do anything about this? Anything? About my CNS? I am dying. Please, I mean maybe in a medical hospital, not drugs?

• Moderator Emeritus

What does "I am dying" mean in terms of symptoms? If this is literal, then yes, you do need to seek medical treatment, as we cannot do anything more than provide information for you to read, as this is an an online forum.

But if "I am dying" means "I am suffering greatly", please read over your thread with all of the links that are provided to see if there are non-drug things that might help you. Distraction is one of the best techniques for many people to get through withdrawal, but it takes a lot of work before it becomes habit. 

If "I am dying" means you are having severe symptoms from your reinstatement, then please stop taking it.  

What are your symptoms after you take it? Are they getting progressively worse? 

What does "I am dying" mean in terms of symptoms? If this is literal, then yes, you do need to seek medical treatment, as we cannot do anything more than provide information for you to read, as this is an an online forum.

But if "I am dying" means "I am suffering greatly", please read over your thread with all of the links that are provided to see if there are non-drug things that might help you. Distraction is one of the best techniques for many people to get through withdrawal, but it takes a lot of work before it becomes habit.

If "I am dying" means you are having severe symptoms from your reinstatement, then please stop taking it.

What are your symptoms after you take it? Are they getting progressively worse?

No, since I dropped to 1/8th of a drop, the tight chest, anxiety stomach are improved. I should not have written that line. You are right, that sentence is not clear. So is it just time and/or drugs that can help a sensitized nervous system?

May I please get some help? I am 4 mos into WD. In the AM, my chest is so tight, it feels like it is in a vise. My throat feels very constricted also. my stomach is also full of anxiety.

On Dec 19th, I reinstated .1 ml of Lexapro. Gradually I have decreased to 1/8 drop over the last 5 days. It relieved those symptoms. I may need to increase to 1/4 drop because this AM the symptoms were back before it was time for the dosage.

Does anyone have these physical symptoms? They are severe. Do these type of symptoms ever go away and could they while I am continuing to take the small amounts of Lexapro?

Please someone tell me if reinstating a small amount of Abilify at 4 mos out could possibly help me with the panic and terror I am experiencing. I know I was afraid of TD. It could be a risk I am willing to take. I can't find anything about reinstating Abilify. I am begging for help.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've read posts in this thread from the last week or so.

• You reinstated 1 mg Lexapro on Dec. 19, 11 days ago.
  • You experienced new and/or intensified symptoms within the first day of reinstating 1 mg Lexapro
  • You have reported some decrease in symptom intensity of the new symptoms when you decreased the reinstated dose.

It seems to me that the chest tightness and increased anxiety is an adverse effect ("side" effect) of the reinstated Lexapro and that reinstatement hasn't provided any symptom relief for you -- in fact it seems to have made things worse.  What you decide to do about that is up to you.

Because you seem to be very sensitive to neuroactive medications, the prescription pad and the pharmacy are unlikely to provide solutions for you. In your situation, I wouldn't go near even the idea of reinstating Abilify. You may need to develop levels patience and fortitude you didn't know you had. I'm sorry you're in such a difficult spot.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thank you for responding Scallywag.

It's not exactly as you understood. But I see why.

I reinstated 1/10 th of a ml on Dec 19th. It was too strong.

Gradually reduced to 1/8 of a drop and have found relief of pre-EXISTING symptoms along the way.

That is why I am thinking about Abilify. Is there any history on a reinstatement of Abilify 4 mos out? May I please get a suggestion as to how much if I was on 2 mg for 8 months?

Thank you for your time.

I took 2 mg of Abilify for 8 mos and C/T'd on Dec 4th.

Godiswithme,

When I had my panic and anxiety attacks, along with first serious derealization, I swore up and down I was going to die. Sometimes I still feel like that. But I'm still here. You WILL get through this! Baby steps! We're here for you!

- 2010 Fluoxetine 20mg (no issues, did well)
- Mid 2012 Switched to Celexa 20mg (no issues with switch)
- 6/16 Stopped Celexa (always took med once every other day, tapered to once every three days for about a week and a half, took one a week for one week, no problems)
- 10/20/16 Started Celexa 20mg (next day had panic attacks, stopped after three days, kept having panic attacks and anxiety rest of the month)
- 10/28/16 Started Paxil 20mg (took for almost a week, had suicidal thoughts/severe derealization, tapered off to one every other day for a few days)
- 12/8/16 Buspirone 5mg twice daily (felt drowsy but kept anxiety under wraps, still taking it)
- 12/27/16 Venlafaxine XR 37.5mg (took two days, migraine first day, headache all day second day, third day had severe depression/outbursts of crying, couldn't stop most of the day, bad invasive thoughts, never took third dose because of it)
- 1/7/17 taper Buspirone 20% (miscalculation but doing well), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month to almost half each pill

- 2/3/17 taper Buspirone 2.5mg twice daily (did fine, listened to body), gradually slivered off tablet throughout month

* Aromatherapy 100% oils in diffuser every night *

* Morning stretching routine every day *

• Mentor

Godiswithme,

I have been following your posts.  I have had the same experiences you are currently having.  It is horrible, nothing worse, however it will get better. I don't know how I made it through some of my tapers and my big withdrawal, but I did. Offering you my support, I know you are suffering.

Rachel

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

May I please get some input on my question above? I will need to decide, but can I get some guidance from mods please?

I get the the constricted throat thing all the time. I have it right now in fact. It comes and goes and feels like there is a lump in my throat. I don't think mine has to do with anxiety bc my anxiety has subsided awhile ago. I definitely think it's a WD symptom though. 

Took 10 mg of Lexapro for 15 years. Started to taper in October 2015. Took last 1mg dose in March 2016. Started having side effects end of March 2016. Symptoms include: anxiety, heart palpitations, shaky, chronic fatigue, body feels like lead(so heavy), brain fog and dizziness and really bad pain especially on right side of body. 

Symptoms as of 10/18/16- Burning skin, widespread body pain, some insomnia, some fatigue, some brain fog, anxiety upon waking up, numbing and tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints. 

Symptoms as of 4/19/17- A little burning skin, muscle pain, FATIGUE, some brain fog, tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints, blurry vision, eye floaters, sciatica.

Symptoms as of 10/3/17- Physical symptoms-- Very little burning skin that comes and goes, some muscle and nerve pain that comes and goes, tremor in pinky and ring finger, muscle twitches, cortisol spike in the morning(heart palpitations), cracking/popping joints all those this has gotten a little better lately, blurry vision and eye floaters that come and go, sciatica(less intense now), fatigue which is still very bad but better than a year ago. Mental symptoms-- Depression, anxiety, hopelessness, lack of motivation or interest, brain fog(trouble focusing and concentrating), ruminating thoughts. All these come and go. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for the corrections to my summary of your recent dosage and changes. Those corrections don't change my suggestion:

• You are sensitive to medication -- adding a new or reinstating a previous medication is unlikely to be helpful.
  • You would be wise to carefully discontinue the Lexapro.
  • You will likely need to rely on non-drug techniques to cope with withdrawal symptoms.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you again for answering Scallywag. I am very confused as to why there isn't a chance a small amount of Abilify may help me if a tiny amount of Lexapro does.

I am having a very hard time. Would it be that bad to try?

Please tell me why you think I should carefully discontinue the Lexapro? It has relieved 2 symptoms?

• Moderator Emeritus

GIWM you've said that you are sensitive to medication. Your reports of symptoms support that assessment. You are currently experiencing symptoms of destabilization. Why would you want to risk further destabilization by adding back a medication?

scallywag's Introduction

Well, I guess I am very confused. The tiny amount of Lexapro relieves the tight chest and horrible anxiety stomach for the day. I thought if A small amount of Abilify could relieve a panic or terror symptom, maybe it would be worth a try? I didn't realize it would be risking further destabilization. Since I C/T'd, I thought maybe it could help?