SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Godiswithme: I'm very scared

Godiswithme

I didn't taper the Ativan after 2 weeks and 2 days. Is that a major problem? 

You did or didn't taper Ativan?  I thought you did.

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD = NOW only on TRILEPTAL 450mg began w/900mg 7/16 -- off LITHIUM 600mg (sometimes 300mg 5/15 -11/16 took 2 months to taper) .... XANAX 2 mg for 2 weeks but addicted in 6/16 tapered 7/16-9/16 JUMPED 9/30 (believe have kindling from previous benzos)
6 meds nightly for INSOMNIA includes XANAX .. BELSOMRA 20mg c/t 8/20/16 off & on for a yr ZANAFLEX 8 mg /SILENOR 6mg/PROZASIN 15 mg/DOXEPIN 50 mg on all nightly 2 months 6/16 - 7/16 except for silenor (year) wd ALL 8/16-9/16 w/pdoc help
c/t KLONOPIN .5mg which began INSOMNIA end of 3/15 after on for 4 months also horrible sound& light sensitivity sometimes took 2 or 3 reinstated & then c/t@hospital 5/15 on TEMPAZEPAM/SEROQUEL/LITHIUM when left hospital tolerance to temazepam after 1 month given ATIVAN in hospital& later
SEROQUEL started @ 200 mg and overnight to 800 mg had horrible akathasisia & rash DEPAKOTE 1000 mg off after few wks ALL I COULD ENDURE
then AMBIEN side effects & tolerance on for few months 5/15 - 8/15 and then again 2 mos 5/16 LATUDA 3/16 on days BAD/GEODON 4/16 on less 2 weeks BAD AKATHASIA/ZYPREXA bad mouth shaking almost 24/7 off & on few months in 2015 & again in 2016
trazodon/remeron/gabapentin/sonata/lunesta did nothing to help INSOMNIA so got off after few days - also short time SAPHRIS BAD 
MEDICATION SENSITIVE & have paradoxical side effects -- CANNOT TAKE BENZOS, ATYPICAL-ANTIPSYCHOTICS, ANTI-DEPRESSANTS
PAST prior to 2 yrs on Prozac even1/4 pill caused BAD ANXIETY, CELEXA OK, Abilify, Pristiq, Lamictal, Paxil BAD - more but can't remember
  • Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Godiswithme

• Shep

• yyeehhaaww

• Mort81

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you able to do the deep, SLOW breathing with your eyes closed?  Did it help?  

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD = NOW only on TRILEPTAL 450mg began w/900mg 7/16 -- off LITHIUM 600mg (sometimes 300mg 5/15 -11/16 took 2 months to taper) .... XANAX 2 mg for 2 weeks but addicted in 6/16 tapered 7/16-9/16 JUMPED 9/30 (believe have kindling from previous benzos)
6 meds nightly for INSOMNIA includes XANAX .. BELSOMRA 20mg c/t 8/20/16 off & on for a yr ZANAFLEX 8 mg /SILENOR 6mg/PROZASIN 15 mg/DOXEPIN 50 mg on all nightly 2 months 6/16 - 7/16 except for silenor (year) wd ALL 8/16-9/16 w/pdoc help
c/t KLONOPIN .5mg which began INSOMNIA end of 3/15 after on for 4 months also horrible sound& light sensitivity sometimes took 2 or 3 reinstated & then c/t@hospital 5/15 on TEMPAZEPAM/SEROQUEL/LITHIUM when left hospital tolerance to temazepam after 1 month given ATIVAN in hospital& later
SEROQUEL started @ 200 mg and overnight to 800 mg had horrible akathasisia & rash DEPAKOTE 1000 mg off after few wks ALL I COULD ENDURE
then AMBIEN side effects & tolerance on for few months 5/15 - 8/15 and then again 2 mos 5/16 LATUDA 3/16 on days BAD/GEODON 4/16 on less 2 weeks BAD AKATHASIA/ZYPREXA bad mouth shaking almost 24/7 off & on few months in 2015 & again in 2016
trazodon/remeron/gabapentin/sonata/lunesta did nothing to help INSOMNIA so got off after few days - also short time SAPHRIS BAD 
MEDICATION SENSITIVE & have paradoxical side effects -- CANNOT TAKE BENZOS, ATYPICAL-ANTIPSYCHOTICS, ANTI-DEPRESSANTS
PAST prior to 2 yrs on Prozac even1/4 pill caused BAD ANXIETY, CELEXA OK, Abilify, Pristiq, Lamictal, Paxil BAD - more but can't remember

Was it worse than after the abilify and lexapro c/t?

yOUR ANSWER:

Yes. The Ativan seemed to help but I was terrified to stay on another drug. I knew I was already dependent on Xanax. 

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE YES.......... THE ANXIETY GOT WORSE AFTER YOU TAPERED THE XANAX TO .25 mg a day?

Sorry, I found this in your signature.....  not trying to exasperate you.

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. 

I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

It's pretty difficult to figure out with everything that has happened.

in Aug 2014, prescribed 20 mg of escitalopram.  Oct 2014, upped to 30 mg.

In January 2016, "doctor" added 2mg of Abilify

I had been taking .5 Xanax in AM and PM for a few years

Xanax November 23rd, 2016 .25   5 times per day

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

I cold turkeyed off escitalopram and Abilify on September 4, 2016

i crosses over to 1 mg of Klonopin in Dec 2016. 

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

Sorry, I found this in your signature..... not trying to exasperate you.

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days.

I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

You aren't exasperating me. You are trying to help me. I appreciate it. Does that quote from my signature conflict with something I said?I am not thinking super clearly right now. Never mind. I read above. Thanks.

Took .5 Ativan in AM and .5 Ativan in PM 10 hours apart for 2 weeks and 2 days. I stopped Ativan on Nov 4th 2016

Since withdrawal, I have occasionally taken 10mg or 20mg propranolol when my heart was pounding uncontrollably

Supplements Magnesium, Vitamin C, Natural Calm magnesium drink.  Just started  11/16/16 Lactium supplement 167mg at night.

Godiswithme: I'm very scared   Godiswithme: Xanax taper after cold-turkey of Lexapro and Abilify

Jan 2017. Slowly reinstated Lexapro over 4-5 mos to 15mg. Have stayed on that amount. 

Sept 2017. Started tapering 1mg of Klonopin. As of May 2017, I am at .426 mg of Klonopin split into 2 doses per day. 

I did a rapid taper off 30mg of lexapro. I've had a brutal WD. I didn't reinstate but if I could go back I would have tried. Because more and more symptoms came out after 1 yr off. Some things got way better but others and new ones got worse. Its worth the risk to try and RI lexapro. I know abilify and Xanax complicated things for u. I reinstated a 0.10mg dose of klonopin once daily . On avg I used klonopin once or twice a week before WD AT 0.25mg. The RI helped a bit but not enough to warrant not trying to reinstate the lexapro. Lexapro 30mg is a hefty dose to CT. You will recover either way whether you reinstate or not. But I think it could be a much bumpier ride if you don't reinstate or if RI doesn't work.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I did a rapid taper off 30mg of lexapro. I've had a brutal WD. I didn't reinstate but if I could go back I would have tried. Because more and more symptoms came out after 1 yr off. Some things got way better but others and new ones got worse. Its worth the risk to try and RI lexapro. I know abilify and Xanax complicated things for u. I reinstated a 0.10mg dose of klonopin once daily . On avg I used klonopin once or twice a week before WD AT 0.25mg. The RI helped a bit but not enough to warrant not trying to reinstate the lexapro. Lexapro 30mg is a hefty dose to CT. You will recover either way whether you reinstate or not. But I think it could be a much bumpier ride if you don't reinstate or if RI doesn't work.

Should I read your story? Will it tell me what got worse and what got better? Did the anxiety get better?

How long ago did you do that? Are you able to work and function?

I do not think that not tapering ativan 1mg for only being on it for 2 weeks and 2 days was a problem, but it was another benzo added to the mix.

To review:

you were on xanax 1.5 mg for many years (5???).

lexapro for 2 years

abilify for 9 months although your signature says 2015 but your first post says 2016???????

while on those 2 you reduced  xanax  to 1mg

On 9/4/16, you c/t Abilify AND Lexapro at the same time AND increased xanax to 1.5 for a month

then started the ativan 1 mg for 2 weeks and 2 days but stopped that on Nov. 4th AND basically weaned xanax down to .25 during the same 2 weeks so almost basically a c/t of xanax 

I do not think that not tapering ativan 1mg for only being on it for 2 weeks and 2 days was a problem, but it was another benzo added to the mix.

To review:

lexapro for 2 years

abilify for 9 months although your signature says 2015 but your first post says 2016???????

while on those 2 you reduced xanax to 1mg

On 9/4/16, you c/t Abilify AND Lexapro at the same time AND increased xanax to 1.5 for a month

then started the ativan 1 mg for 2 weeks and 2 days but stopped that on Nov. 4th AND basically weaned xanax down to .25 during the same 2 weeks so almost basically a c/t of xanax

Uh oh. It was 2016. I need to fix signature. You are correct above. Except I then up dosed Xanax.

Hi there! You are not dying, that´s for sure!! I never had this feeling of dying during my WD but all kinds of reaaallly strong feelings that felt so real I thought I was going crazy! Once I got so scared when I was home alone because I felt like somebody was in the apartment. 
You sound like you need someone to care for you as much as possible. Does your family know about WD? Are they understanding and giving you support? 
It is really important to share insights with others who are experiencing the same stuff but having people with you for real is really really helpful. 

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

Hey GISWM I wouldnt read my story too much . I wasn't too detailed on my posts. I have a ton of support at home so I do all my complaintz there. But too be honest anxiety isn't one of major symptoms. I had the "Neuro Anxiety" around the 1 year mark. It started late for me. It probably lasted 6 months off an on. And now it's rarely even there. Anxiety isn't even a top 5 symptom of mine.

One thing I did very wrong which contributed to me not working. And I'll share with u so u don't make the same mistake. The first symptom I had which for you now is extreme anxiety. I had extreme pain in stomach and body. So I was unable to eat food for 3 months. My stomach was horrible for over a year and I pushed myself to work through a very physical full-time job during which i wasn't consuming food. So I fully broke down. I lost 50 pounds rapidly and the stress of WD was overbearing. Seeing so many doctors etc... Was too much. So the lesson here is go easy on urself. Yes your doctor us an idiot and you were harmed but if you take care of yourself and don't push too much you will be okay much faster than me. I did everything wrong. Take away all your stress and be kind to yourself. Don't let other people influence you who have no idea about the ramifications of WD.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

First, I want you to know you are going to get through this .....None of us have been through anything like this

As much as possible, I want you to try to breathe slowly... taking deep breaths.

x

Uh oh. It was 2016. I need to fix signature. You are correct above. Except I then up dosed Xanax. 

my post was

I thought you reduced not updosed.

First, I want you to know you are going to get through this .....None of us have been through anything like this

As much as possible, I want you to try to breathe slowly... taking deep breaths.

x

my post was

I thought you reduced not updosed.

No you are right. I up dosed from .25 twice a day back to 1 mg. but it's .25 4 times per day. Not .5 twice per day. Is that clearer? I went rapidly down and then, back up? Thank you

compare the anxiety from c/t of lexapro and abilify to the rapid extreme taper of xanax...... the same or worse?

compare the anxiety from c/t of lexapro and abilify to the rapid extreme taper of xanax...... the same or worse?

It's so hard to tell. It's a blur. Both very bad. maybe drastically reducingXanax hit me a little harder?

Hey GISWM I wouldnt read my story too much . I wasn't too detailed on my posts. I have a ton of support at home so I do all my complaintz there. But too be honest anxiety isn't one of major symptoms. I had the "Neuro Anxiety" around the 1 year mark. It started late for me. It probably lasted 6 months off an on. And now it's rarely even there. Anxiety isn't even a top 5 symptom of mine.

One thing I did very wrong which contributed to me not working. And I'll share with u so u don't make the same mistake. The first symptom I had which for you now is extreme anxiety. I had extreme pain in stomach and body. So I was unable to eat food for 3 months. My stomach was horrible for over a year and I pushed myself to work through a very physical full-time job during which i wasn't consuming food. So I fully broke down. I lost 50 pounds rapidly and the stress of WD was overbearing. Seeing so many doctors etc... Was too much. So the lesson here is go easy on urself. Yes your doctor us an idiot and you were harmed but if you take care of yourself and don't push too much you will be okay much faster than me. I did everything wrong. Take away all your stress and be kind to yourself. Don't let other people influence you who have no idea about the ramifications of WD.

How long have you been off? Have you healed much?

To review:

lexapro for 2 years

You said No you are right. I up dosed from .25 twice a day back to 1 mg.  I thought you got down to .125 twice a day for a total of .25/day

Your signature says 

recently weaned down to .125 Xanax 11:00AM and .125 Xanax 11:00PM

I believe you are looking for answers in what others' experiences have been.  You need to realize that everyone is different (bodies, physiology).  Everyone's poision drugs are different AND how they respond.  At this point, the real issue is whether to reinstate or not and what?   

I've been off 27 months. My symptoms have changed so much during this time. The short answer is yes I have healed . Its complicated in WD as experienced folks will tell u. What is bad now may not be bad at all 1 yr from now. So your anxiety maybe gone in a few months but than you experience something new. I would say I've healed 50 %. Earlier in WD I was mistaken at how much I healed. I wood say another 50% to go.

I due totally understand your concern of reinstatiement. I was terrified aswell. I am terrified of all pharmaceuticals.

To review:

lexapro for 2 years

You said No you are right. I up dosed from .25 twice a day back to 1 mg. I thought you got down to .125 twice a day for a total of .25/day

Your signature says

recently weaned down to .125 Xanax 11:00AM and .125 Xanax 11:00PM

Then, Shep pointed out my error. So I went back up to 1 mg per day. I could have sworn I updated my signature for that?

I due totally understand your concern of reinstatiement. I was terrified aswell. I am terrified of all pharmaceuticals.

How long were you on, if you don't mind me asking?

did you get down to .125 xanax twice a day after a very rapid taper before going back up?

7-8 yrs of lexapro. Not good. But others on this website have taken those drugs for 25 yrs and healed. So there's nothing we can't heal from. You just have to take one day at a time and I can't stress this enough is to be kind to yourself. Don't push too much. Or put yourself through unnecessary stress

Where are you from? What helped me alot was getting support from a psychologist who is familiar with WD. Having to deal with moronic doctors has been awful. It made my experience 1000x more stressful

Check our data base you might have a WD specialist in your area. If you need time off work or support tapering this would be the only type of doctor that would help.

did you get down to .125 xanax twice a day after a very rapid taper before going back up?

Yes

It's so hard to tell. It's a blur. Both very bad. maybe drastically reducingXanax hit me a little harder? 

think about it==== so are you worse NOW than back in September?

this may ???? be the answer to adding back another drug to the xanax???????

Check our data base you might have a WD specialist in your area. If you need time off work or support tapering this would be the only type of doctor that would help.

Do you feel like you are you again? I feel like a shell.

think about it==== so are you worse NOW than back in September?

this may ???? be the answer to adding back another drug to the xanax???????

Im sorry. Can you spell out what you are saying? I'm not sure what you mean.

May I get a link to withdraw specialists?

are you worse NOW than back in September?

Is your anxiety worse now than after you c/t abilify and lexapro?

are you worse NOW than back in September?

Is your anxiety worse now than after you c/t abilify and lexapro?

I'm not sure. What are you thinking? I know it's just an opinion, not advice. Thank you.

IF, this is accurate,

lexapro for 2 years

abilify for 9 months in 2016

At this point, YOU WERE STABLE, correct?

THEN

Now you are taking a total of 1mg of xanax per day and in high anxiety, CORRECT?

IF, this is accurate,

lexapro for 2 years

abilify for 9 months in 2016

At this point, YOU WERE STABLE, correct?

THEN

Now you are taking a total of 1mg of xanax per day and in high anxiety, CORRECT?

Yes, except I was stable before going on the AD and Abilify. I was depressed about situational issues. I don't know why I took them. I had no idea this could happen.