Chemical ingredients in lotion

Exie

We all need to wash our skin then moisturize, but lotions have many chemicals in the ingredients. It's absorbed into the skin then goes inside the body... I'm wondering if these chemicals in lotion affect our brain and nervous system and do damage or prevent healing. I've been putting on lotion everyday and never had a reaction from it, but I'm concerned it might still be doing brain/nervous system damage on some level and also prevent healing. So for those who have healed completely, did you put on lotion everyday?

March 2008 took Tofranil and Klonopin

CT'd Tofranil after few months

simultaneously tapered fast Klonopin, got off it October 2008

Exie. I haven't heard about the chemicals in lotions affecting our brain but they are absorbed into the bloodstream  so it makes sense to be careful about what you put on your skin.  I like to use coconut oil for moisturizing as it's natural and chemical free.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I used oils for moisturizing too but it gives me breakouts because my skin's really sensitive, and oil doesn't [fully] absorb into the skin, it stays on the surface of the skin which feels uncomfortable and looks oily, and have to wipe it off before sleep since its sticky on pillow. So I wish I could use regular lotion if it's OK for us

March 2008 took Tofranil and Klonopin

CT'd Tofranil after few months

simultaneously tapered fast Klonopin, got off it October 2008

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy