Purpleacacia: How long does it take for the brain to readjust?

Purpleacacia

I've been off zoloft for 3 months now and still have anger/suicide that's not normal for me. I've been getting better, but last night I felt like I just snapped and lost control of myself. Please tell me this is normal even 3 months later.And any tips that helps keep it going to that place?

• Moderator Emeritus

Purpleacacia -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

What you are experiencing is withdrawal. There are many symptoms during withdrawal from an SSRI such as Zoloft, anger and suicidal ideation among them. You can read more at these links:
What is withdrawal syndrome
Important topics about symptoms

I've quoted a post in which ChessieCat provided links to topics on coping with emotional symptoms of withdrawal:

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Moderator Emeritus

Copy+paste is a wonderful thing.  I hope they help!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet