Nally: hello guys, im new here checking out the forum :)

Nally

hello i'm 20 years old and work in a bank, i have depression for a year now (i guess since i live alone in the city i work). my doctor prescribed me zoloft a few months ago and i was relieved i had something to help me through the day. but after a while i felt weird and checked the internet and found this forum. after reading a few posts i will not take that stuff anymore thats for sure so i wanted to join here in case my depression gets worse or something, this seems like a nice and supportive community :D i look forward to share experience and support maybe :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Nally -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

Did you stop taking Zoloft? If yes, on what date did you take the last one?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-18 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to that can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • You don't need to include symptoms or diagnoses other than the initial condition that led to prescribing the first drug.
  • We ask for this information in your signature so that we can see it at a glance. A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • You can find instructions in this topic: Please put your withdrawal history in signature
  • If you are using a phone or mobile device, please look at the instructions and screen captures in Post #8 and Post #9.
Experience over the years in many peer support groups leads us to suggest that people taper slowly off antidepressants and other medication. We suggest that people reduce dosage no more often than once every 4 weeks by no more than 10%. Please read these links:

Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

i checked the thread and it says i have to click the full version button? which i can't find... help :(
but to answer your questions before i make my signature
when i wrote this message i have been not taken it for 2 days, the day after my post i had to take one :( i just felt too bad. yesterday i also took one but told myself i would not take any today. 
i took it daily for the last 5 months now i think (100mg a day my doctor said i can go to 150mg on bad days but should not overdo it)
you think i should lower the dose rather than going cold turkey?

thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

You are best to continue taking the dose daily. Continue to do that for 3-4 weeks to allow your CNS (central nervous system) to recover from the hard bounce of having stopped for 2 days.

Then once your symptoms have stabilized or resolved (disappeared), you could consider tapering the dose by 10%:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

About the signature: Here is the screen capture from Post #8. The "Full Version" option is at the bottom of every page of the site of the mobile version.

qrotdrmcaofh8zo6g.jpg

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet