Gio: Zyprexa/Neuroleptics

Gio

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help please... I am a 33 woman and I took Zypexa for 6 years due to very mistaken and stupid diagnosis (10mg`s for 2 years and 5mg for 4 years) and Cypralex for first 3 years. I quit Cypralex 5 years ago while on Zyprexa and quit Zyprexa 26 months ago after a 3 months taper. I am absolutely,100% drug free.

I am in full withdrawal/discontinuation syndrome and I have experienced a lot of debilitating sypmtoms, severe insomnia, severe muscular pain throughout the body, uncontrolled rage, tremors, severe headaches, stiff/pain in my neck and shoulders, severe stomach pain, vulvodynia, PMS, IBS.. over 80 symptoms in total...

I`ve changed my diet completely, I becomed a vegan (no meats, no eggs, milk or gluten), I eat very very clean, I cook my own meals at home and stay away from any processed foods, conservants or additives .I don`t take any painkillers, absolutely no pills at all. I manage my pain with ginger tea and a arnica based organic solution. I don`t drink coffee, alcohool... I don`t smoke.

I try to live a very healthy, clean live and exercise (take gentle walks in the park). My sleep has improved a little but not so much... my night sleep depends on how my day was... if I had a stress free day and everything was fine I am sleeping 4-6 hrs... if my day was not a good one or I have something relatively important to do the next day I might sleep from 5-6 am to 11 am or not sleep at all until 9-10am! 

Overall I am doing fine if I stay away from cold, bad postures and stress and take care of what I eat. I have a low stress tolerance and any  arguement, contradiction or bad event in my life brings a very bad wave of symptomps, the insomnia returns in full swing, the muscular and head pain returns, convulsion/tremors as well and of course the depression as a result of lack of hope. Suddenly I have the feeling that I never healed at all because the symptoms are exactly as bad and severe as when I quit Zyprexa. I am very fragile and I wonder if I will ever heal completely and have 0 symptoms exactly like the normal person I was before drugs.

26 months of endurance and pain have passed and I really want my old life and body back... no pains, no restrictions (from cold air, stress or bad postures).

If anyone has COMPLETELY healed from Zyprexa or antipsihotics and is 100% free of any psihotropic drugs please PM me and let me know how you`re doing, how long it took you to be normal and live a normal live again. If your stress tollerance is normal, if you don`t have any pains no matter the climate condition, if you`re sleeping well no matter how your day was, If you can eat or drink anything and don`t have any symptoms.  Please send me a PM (private message)

Many many thanks for your replies

Edited by scallywag
Paragraphs & comma spaces added, email changed to PM (Chessie); tags (scally)
  • Moderator Emeritus

Gio -- Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

You'll find stories of people who have succeeded in coming off psychiatric medications in our Success Stories forum.  There are people who have fully recovered after being poly-drugged, including haven taken neuroleptic ("anti-psychotic") medication.

In addition to individual stories in the Success Stories forum, there is a thread for people to share improvement along the way:

"Anti-psychotic" survivors? Interested in your stories

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help please... I am a 33 woman and I took Zypexa for 6 years due to very mistaken and stupid diagnosis (10mg`s for 2 years and 5mg for 4 years) and Cypralex for first 3 years. I quit Cypralex 5 years ago while on Zyprexa and quit Zyprexa 26 months ago after a 3 months taper. I am absolutely,100% drug free.

I am in full withdrawal/discontinuation syndrome and I have experienced a lot of debilitating sypmtoms, severe insomnia, severe muscular pain throughout the body, uncontrolled rage, tremors, severe headaches, stiff/pain in my neck and shoulders, severe stomach pain, vulvodynia, PMS, IBS.. over 80 symptoms in total...

I`ve changed my diet completely, I becomed a vegan (no meats, no eggs, milk or gluten), I eat very very clean, I cook my own meals at home and stay away from any processed foods, conservants or additives .I don`t take any painkillers, absolutely no pills at all. I manage my pain with ginger tea and a arnica based organic solution. I don`t drink coffee, alcohool... I don`t smoke.

I try to live a very healthy, clean live and exercise (take gentle walks in the park). My sleep has improved a little but not so much... my night sleep depends on how my day was... if I had a stress free day and everything was fine I am sleeping 4-6 hrs... if my day was not a good one or I have something relatively important to do the next day I might sleep from 5-6 am to 11 am or not sleep at all until 9-10am! 

Overall I am doing fine if I stay away from cold, bad postures and stress and take care of what I eat. I have a low stress tolerance and any  arguement, contradiction or bad event in my life brings a very bad wave of symptomps, the insomnia returns in full swing, the muscular and head pain returns, convulsion/tremors as well and of course the depression as a result of lack of hope. Suddenly I have the feeling that I never healed at all because the symptoms are exactly as bad and severe as when I quit Zyprexa. I am still very fragile and I wonder if I will ever heal completely and have 0 symptoms exactly like the normal person I was before those evil drugs.

26 months of endurance and pain have passed and I really want my old life and body back... no pains, no restrictions (from cold air, stress or bad postures).

If anyone has COMPLETELY healed from Zyprexa or antipsihotics and is 100% free of any psihotropic drugs please PM me and let me know how you`re doing, how long it took you to be normal and live a normal live again. If your stress tollerance is normal, if you don`t have any pains no matter the climate condition, if you`re sleeping well no matter how your day was, If you can eat or drink anything and don`t have any symptoms.  Please send me a PM (private message)

Many many thanks for your replies

• Moderator Emeritus

Gio: I've moved the post from the new topic you started today to the introduction topic you started yesterday.  We have a "one introduction topic per person" rule so that all your information, questions and answers are in one place.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Hello  Gio, so sorry to hear you are going through the worst of it.          Fill in your signature, if you can manage it.  It will give us all so much information so the moderators can help.         

I was so ill when I found this wonderful group, I am so much better now, and wish I had taken all their advice!  But I got there in the end, we all do.                

What was the stupid and misdiagnosis?  Wow there certainly has been some crazy ones here,  they prescribe these poisons  (my opinion) to anyone for anything these days.               And when we finally do get off them, we manage to fix the original problem............... finally .....................

Best wishes Gio, and welcome 

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Gio - 

I have a concern for your clean diet, and that is fat.

It is vital for a brain - especially a brain that has been through the drug experience - to have essential fatty acids.  The brain is 60% fat, and a vegan diet often doesn't provide healthy fats.

Fish is the best place to get that.  Pescatarianism is probably a good idea for someone who has suffered from these drugs.  Eating fish, especially cold water oily fish.

Another option is coconut oils and avocados.

YES there are people who have healed from these drugs.  I recommend you go to http://www.beyondmeds.com to read about the journey of one survivor, and she links to several other stories of hope, too.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi Gio, 

things will get better,

I'll share with you a little secret if you get insomnia. What to do that might help. When you go to sleep and then thoughts come to your mind about things to do the next day , have a piece of paper and a pen besides you and when the thoughts come to your mind  write them down. For every new thought that crosses your mind write it down., like if you have an important  appointment, write down what you want to ask the other person and you will feel more relaxed after that  and be able to sleep.

Hope this helps, it has helped me.

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

Hi Gio,

You've mentioned uncontrolled rage. I'm curious, could you describe how it's like and when did you start having it, when do you have it?

My husband expressed his agitation and rage in a form of uncontrolled hysterical yelling, especially in the morning for about three years. Now, it has stopped as his agitation is also much better, almost none in most days.

PS : Note to SA Moderator, could you add these new key search words to my profile pls: Olanzapine, Vortioxetine, Mirtazapine, Yelling, Rage.

Much Thanks.

Nov 2013 - Insomnia. xanax, slept well 5 days. Insomnia returned. Lexapro, benzos (xanax or lexotan). Agitation starts. Jan 2014 - See Dr A, given Mirtazapine, slept better. Quetiapine, Lorazepam. Agitation, low mood, nervous, short yelling. Jul 14 - See Dr M. Mirtazapine. Sodium Valproate, Valdoxan, Sulpiride, Tianeptine, Effexor, Lyrica, Venlafaxine. Nov 14 - Mirt. Olanzapine 5mg. Dec 14 - Agitation worsens, morning yelling. Addicted to benzos. Warded for ECT. Jan 2015 - almost 90% recovered but only for 1 month, milder agitation and yelling returns. Apr 15 - Agitation returns, stop supplements. consulted TCM, took the wrong advice, stopped all meds. Hysterical yelling all day. May 15 - Mirt15mg (night), Olan 15mg, add Vortioxetine 10mg every am. Chlorpromazine 25mg 3x daily. June 15 - V Bad agitation, loud yelling AM to night. Addicted to benzos. warded for uni ECT. after 1 week, mild agitation and morning yelling returns. 4/8/15 - Mirt, Olan, Vort. Trifluoperazine 1mg 3x (replace Chlorpromazine). 18/8/15 - Olan 10mg, Vort 10mg am, Trifluoperazine 1mg 3x. Prozac 10mg (am). Mirt 7.5mg. 24/8/15 - Olan 10mg, Vort 10mg (AM), Trifluoperazine 3mg, Prozac 20mg (AM). Mirt11.25mg (Nite). 6/9/15 - Ditto, Prozac down to 15mg. V Bad am agitation and loud yelling. See Dr G, PART 1 TAPERING. 14/9/15 - ditto, Prozac 10mg.17 Sept - ditto, Trifluoperazine 1mg. Stop antihistamine Promethazine. 23 Sept - Trifluoperazine 1/2 mg. 28 Sept - Trif 1/4mg daily.1/10/15- Stop Trifluoperazine.2/10/15- Olanzapine 10mg, Vortioxetine 10mg, Prozac 5mg, Mirtazapine 12.8mg. 9 Oct - ditto. Prozac 2.5mg. Some good days, milder yelling. 16/10/15 - ditto. Stop Prozac. Yelling caused by restless agitation fr 7am - noon. 23/10/15 - Olan 9.5mg. up at 6am, takes AM walk daily to distract restless yelling. 31/10/15 - Olan 9mg. 6/11/15 - Yelling more aggressive and lasts longer for the week. Reinstate Olan to 9.2mg. Vort 10mg, Mirt 12.8mg. Hols 26/11 - 8/12/15, mild yellings 5/12 days, most days gd mood. 30/11/15 - Olan 9mg. 5/12/15 - Olan 8.8mg. AM agitation yellings 5/7 days. 10/12/15 Olan 8.4mg (Am 3.8mg, Nite 4.6mg, Vort 10mg, Mirt 12.8mg. 20/12/15 Mirt 12mg, Olan 8.4mg, Vort 10mg. AM yellings. Jan 2016 - see Dr L, up Mirt 30mg, Olan 10mg, stop Vort. zzz loud yelling 4pm. withdrawn. Feb 16 - See Dr D, adv to start tapering Olan. Yelling and agitation till late PM. Nervous, afraid to go outdoor. Mar 16 - Milder yelling on some days/mornings. Still nervous. 29/3/16- less nervous, more willing to go out. AM agitation, short yellings. 2/6/16 Shorter sleep, up by 6am. 1/8/16 - More good days. No yelling since mid Sept. milder AM agitation. (Hols 29/11-10/12, no agitation!). Dec 2016 - Agitation eased on most AM.

Feb 2016 - Olanzapine 10mg, Vortioxetine 5mg, Mirtazapine 15mg<p>

Off Olanzapine Apr 2017. 

Vortioxetine - 23/12/16 3.85mg.  Off Vortioxetine Aug 2017.

Mirtazapine - Off med Nov 2017.