TweetyRose: Prozac 10 mgs for 5 months, cold-turkeyed, protracted withdrawal

TweetyRose

TweetyRose -

I had the blurred vision for a couple of months.  Some days were worse then others.  I am still having issues with bright lights and the sun and I am 17 months off Prozac.  We have been having some cloudy days and I am grateful for them. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TweetyRose

• scallywag

• O2bhappy

• Frogie

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish I knew when it will end. I want the Blurred vision to stop so badly!????

Took Prozac  (generic Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4.5 months. First and only psych med. Stopped cold turkey. Been in protracted withdrawal for 2 years since I stopped ssri.

TweetyRose -

I understand.  I hope it stops sooner then later for you. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

ALTOSTRATA,

I have a question for you. I have been in wd for over 8 months. How much longer should I wait to reach my "normal"?

Is reinstatement completely off the table now?

Took Prozac  (generic Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4.5 months. First and only psych med. Stopped cold turkey. Been in protracted withdrawal for 2 years since I stopped ssri.

????

Any advice on reinstatement from ANYONE will do at this point...

• Mentor

Any advice on reinstatement from ANYONE will do at this point...

I'm so sorry  you are feeling so badly.  I'm having a bad day too so I can sympathize

I can't tell you if reinstatement would help but I surely understand the urge to do so!! I have considered it SO many times it's not even funny

i've asked this same question so many times as well.

In the end its up to you. I was about er, 5 mos off of lexapro when I reinstated and I was warned that it might not work. It has helped to even out a LOT of the symptoms, and even though I am very unhappy to still be dealing with such severe insomnia, when I look at it and am honest with myself, I am so much better off NOW than I was back in the fall.

are you keeping a daily log of your symptoms? are they getting more or less better over time, with some not so good days and some good or better days- or even hours?

is it "just" the blurred vision that is upsetting you? I put that in quotes because I know how upsetting and disorienting it is to have blurred vision, it's been on my symptoms for a long time.

I have noticed that If I am upset, esp if I am angry or aggravated, the blurred vision gets much worse. You know the expression "seeing red" ?

I really think that anger, esp, affects our vision. I have never noticed the blurriness being that bad when I am happy. It could be when I'm happy I just don't notice it, I don't know

what else is going on that makes you feel like you need to reinstate?

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • Moderator Emeritus

ALTOSTRATA,

I have a question for you. I have been in wd for over 8 months. How much longer should I wait to reach my "normal"?

Is reinstatement completely off the table now?

These medications are prescribed and dispensed so casually that most of us don't know about "discontinuation syndrome" or how bad the symptoms can get. Few doctors and pharmacists take the time to make sure that we are FULLY informed so that we can give informed consent.  Given the experience of getting symptoms and then finding out that they could have been minimized or prevented with a cautious taper, we understandably seek certainty in future decisions. Once burned, twice shy.

Unfortunately reinstatement doesn't offer certainty, it is more craft and educated guesswork than science.

Others have observed (peers not medical professionals) that reinstatement is more predictably effective when done soon after the last dose. That doesn't mean that someone who reinstates after 3 weeks won't have a negative reaction or that someone who reinstates after 5 months won't get symptom relief. There are a handful of member here who have reinstated after the "optimal window" of 0-12 weeks, one reinstated 8 or 9 months after.

Have you read the reinstatement discussion topic: About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Catnapt,

The symptoms that are bothering me in addition to the blurred vision is the headaches, breathing difficulties, anhedonia, hopelessness, and fatigue.

I just want to be my normal self again. Im so tired of this. I feel trapped inside a nightmare.

• 1 month later...

I am at 10 months in wd. Most of my symptoms have disappeared while the ones that remain are mild most days.

However, what are the odds of my blurry vision NEVER healing? What if it is permanent?

However, what are the odds of my blurry vision NEVER healing? What if it is permanent?

this is what I worry about ,too, it's mainly my left eye. it's always blurry...I'm almost 3 years off paxil.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• 9 months later...

Hi, hope all is well. I wanted to get your advice on something...I am 20 months off ssri and still having vision issues.

My vision is blurred, unfocused. It is akin to the vision you have when you are sleepy or you have just awaken from sleeping. Only, I am like this majority of the day.

I am wondering, at this point, if it is permanent or if I just need glasses at this point?

Hi, hope all is well. I wanted to get your advice on something...I am 20 months off ssri and still having vision issues.

My vision is blurred, unfocused. It is akin to the vision you have when you are sleepy or you have just awaken from sleeping. Only, I am like this majority of the day.

I am wondering, at this point, if it is permanent or if I just need glasses at this point?

21 minutes ago, TweetyRose said:

I'm not a dr or a mod, but I have blurry vision too. My glasses were purchased at one of those places where you get your eyes checked and glasses in an hour. I don't think they are right. I have problems with the tv also. I've been having headaches too. I'm going Monday to an eye dr and have it done right. If I were you, I would have your eyes checked and go from there. But talk to a mod. They know a lot more than me. Take care, Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

So do I, got my eyes tested last year and was prescribed glasses.

My vision is out only by a small amount, but it feels as though its declining gradually - an aging thing?

I'm certain Lexapro had something to do with it as I really only noticed the decline when I started taking the drug.

I'll be 44 this year.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

14 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

So do I, got my eyes tested last year and was prescribed glasses.

My vision is out only by a small amount, but it feels as though its declining gradually - an aging thing?

I'm certain Lexapro had something to do with it as I really only noticed the decline when I started taking the drug.

I'll be 44 this year.

I also have vision problems and I went for a eye test recently, I wrote the below a few months ago in my update:

During my last wave my eyesight got very bad, my long distance has been deteriorating a lot over the last few months, its a lot worse during waves and gets a lot better during windows, I went to the opticians to get a eye test and was fearing the worse, I had the test and was told my eyesight had actually improved since my last test which was done before withdrawal and was given some new weaker prescription glasses which I use for driving only, I explained to the optician about the withdrawal and he told me the reason why my long distance is very blurry is because of all that is going on inside my brain and the poor sleep, he said my eye muscles will not be working as they should but assured me once my brain has levelled out and I am sleeping good again my eye muscles will start working properly and my vision will return to normal, I was very shock but came out with big weight off shoulders,

over the last couple months my eye sight has improved a lot, its a lot sharper than it was but still not as it should be, I am sure yours will improve the more your brain heals,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

On 1/19/2018 at 4:23 PM, TweetyRose said:

Is this the only issue you are still having? Do you have any remaining psychological issues from withdrawal? I’m also struggling with dry/blurry eyes, but I can tolerate them if I know that the psychological symptoms eventually get better 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Permanent SRI damage

I’m sorry you’re having vision problems. I wear glasses already and have a vision appointment coming up. I’m nervous to find out whether I’ll need a stronger prescription. 

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

On 1/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, TweetyRose said:

Do you have any other issues accompanying your vision issues? I don't want to assume anything, but like your bio says, maybe it's part of that "protracted withdrawal?"

-N

Effexor IR, 112.5mg (January 2018 - now) - using this to taper off of SNRI's once and for all. 

Pristiq, 50mg (June 2017 - December 2017) - I tried to get off, but got what appeared to be withdrawal symptoms.

Cymbalta, 60mg (May 2016 - May 2017) - reinstated. At some point, it stopped working. 

Cymbalta, 30mg (July 2015 - November 2015) - I was trying to get off at this point. 

Cymbalta, 60mg (December 2013 - July 2015)

Lexapro, 20mg (September 2013 - December 2013)

I didn't mention the many temporary switches and abilify add-ons attempts. The list would get too long. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Permanent SSRI Damage
  • 1 month later...

I am 23 months out from my 4.5 month fluoxetine usage/cold turkey wd from the ssri. Still experiencing symptoms.

However, I recently found out I had Mono. Doc said it wasn't a recent or active infection, but antibodies were present in my blood. I am very sad and scared right now.

With that said, do you guys think it will impede my recover? I am starting to feel like I may never fully recover and am losing hope daily. I didnt use the ssri that long, and 2 years later am not fully recovered. Please help guys.

I believe everyone will recover eventually, but “when” is the hard part. I’ve read so many stories where recovery happened 1-2 years out and that discourages many who suffer longer, such as myself. 

However, I’ve read a lot of stories where people didn’t recover until 4-8 years (not that I think you’ll take that long) but the point is: they all recovered!!! Try to hold on to hope, it’s all we have. 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Moderator Emeritus

TweetyRose, 

Welcome to SA. There is hope; you will heal. The overwhelming experience is that people do heal from these drugs. 

Not sure how having mono might affect it; I wouldn't think it would affect your recovery too much.

When did you stop the Prozac cold-turkey?

Please keep notes of your daily symptom pattern on paper, if possible.

Here is some more info that might help: 

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

Again, welcome to SA.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Administrator
On 4/7/2017 at 10:35 AM, TweetyRose said:

I am at 10 months in wd. Most of my symptoms have disappeared while the ones that remain are mild most days.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, TweetyRose said:

Did you ever get your eyes checked to see if you need glasses?

I don't believe mono is connected at all to your withdrawal syndrome. What other withdrawal syndrome symptoms do you have now?

Don't start a bunch of topics all over the site, it creates unnecessary work for the mods. Please post your questions here in your Intro topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sorry. I am still a bit unclear on how to properly post on the site. 

My optometrists did prescribe me glasses. But, the focusing issues are not just from my eyes. I feel half sleep/drunk much of the time.

It goes beyond my "eyes".

My remaining symptoms are headaches, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, and what I think is either derealization or depersanalization. 

I think it is tied to my vision. 2 years later, still going on. Still sensitive to certain foods and meds, can't drink alcohol now without feeling anxiety. I no longer get the "pleasurable" feeling from drinking. So I don't even bother now. 4.5 monrhs of 10 mgs of fluoxetine (prozac) traded for 2 years and counting of torment :(

• Administrator

Just post in this topic for now.

Please don't drink alcohol, at all, it causes more problems with a sensitized nervous system. Stay away from foods and meds to which you react.

What is your sleep pattern? What is the condition of your thyroid?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I sleep well for the most part. Unless I have anxiety that particular night or feel stressed. My thyroid levels were normal.

I pray I am not the unfortunate person who doesn't heal from this. 2 years is a long time for 4.5 months. Blows my mind.

I also have bad memory trouble since being in wd. It seems to be getting worse. If I cant remember things at 33, I am not looking forward to growing old.

Had a hard day today. Wasn't feeling well and blurry vision was extreme. 

All I can think of is the fact that I ate cheetos.  Haven't done that in months.

Recovery, recovery.....come soon. :(

On 4/25/2018 at 2:34 AM, TweetyRose said:

I sleep well for the most part. Unless I have anxiety that particular night or feel stressed. My thyroid levels were normal.

I pray I am not the unfortunate person who doesn't heal from this. 2 years is a long time for 4.5 months. Blows my mind.

Its mind blowing but you will heal with time.

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Tweetyrose I have been 3 years off paxil please hold on there , u will surely recover and your good are going to increase day by day. Ya but those waves come back from nowhere but believe me they passes

Lately I've been feeling as if I am losing my mind or suffering some type of brain degeneration. And it scares me.

Has anyone suffered anything like this?

Is anyone there? I really need to talk to someone. I feel scared and panicked mentally. Not sure what to do. Please help

• 2 weeks later...

Will an unhealthy diet or eating sugar stop me from healing? I crave chocolate in particular. Always have.

Also, its been 2 years in wd on May 26. I  am now wondering, is permanent brain damage a real possibility for me? 

Hi, I think we all heal.  I'm sorry you aren't getting better.  Is vision the only problem right now?

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Along with vision issues, I also have memory trouble, depersonalization/derealization, slight anhedonia, anxiety issues.

It seems like things are just staying the same. I hope I am wrong. I can't help but think that drinking while taking prozac for 4.5 months--then quitting both cold turkey caused some type of severe damage in me. I hope Im wrong.

Im just looking for hope because I feel like giving up and ending my suffering often.

41 minutes ago, TweetyRose said:

Will an unhealthy diet or eating sugar stop me from healing? I crave chocolate in particular. Always have.

Also, its been 2 years in wd on May 26. I  am now wondering, is permanent brain damage a real possibility for me? 

I honestly don’t think it’s permanent. I know it sucks but healing can take place 3-4, 5 years out and more.