Shep

French members, please check in here

Shep

Please post below if you live in France. 

We think that connecting our members geographically will enable:

- Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
- Support groups
- Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
- Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
- Organizing to contact members of local and national government
- Communicating in your first language

Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in France, please check in here.

Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.

AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress. 

Drug free May 22, 2015 after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines 

My Success Story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good — need we ask anyone to tell us these things? ~ Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

emilie

i am french.

(i am french)

1998 prazépam, citalopram /1999 paroxetine prazepam /2000 paroxétine /2001venafaxine, alprazolam, clomipramine * 2002 (dont remember)/2003 clomipramine, alprazolam /2004 clomipramine /2005 alprazolam /2006(dont remember) * 2007citalopram, alprazolam, prazépam, venlafaxine /2008(dont remember) /2009 venlafaxine /2010 venlafaxine *All precedent withdrawal were very fast. I tried many times to stop but didn't know what happened. *2011 mirtazapine (22,5 mg) , norset , risperdal (cold turkey for risperdal and norset, analysis by doctor say that my body does not support and i was in danger) /2012 mirtazapine / 2013 mirtazapine  *october 2014 mirtazapine (15mg) - putting down slowly.   *when i was good for one month i  down 1ml. (1ml of 100ml of water in which there was 1 pill of 15mg of mirtazapine. At the end i remove 1ml of 50ml of water but with 0,5 pill it does the same concentration.) (i down more like "how i feel, because at the beginning i had a calendar tapping 10% every 15 days and i was really bad, so i decided to see one month and after if i was trust in my body, i remove 10% of the dose at the beginning; and at the end i remove 1ml (when the 10% was lower than 1ml). It was more how i feel. (it is just the last 1 ml that i remove rapidly because i think i was attached mentally and i need to break. and 1ml of 50ml of 15/2mg is just 1ml correspond to 0.15mg. ).  -juillet 2017 stop all. 

nov 2017 tetany and gastritis. I found "euphytose", "spasmine", "phyto-stress" from Govital(the more efficient if crisis because more concentrated)  efficient. If very bad i take valerian extract 1000mg (stop crisis). I have iron deficiency and osteoporosis (36 years old) Bone like a 80 years old.  2020: Often crisis at sunset. (spasmophilia, tetany, tremor, contractions, internal vibration ), insomnia, fundal gastritis and erythematous antral gastritis. hypotension low blood pressure.

zatara01

French checking in.

Altostrata

Welcome, zatara. Please start a topic for yourself in the Introductions and updates forum so we can get to know you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Jusdodo

living in France

took Seroplex 10 mg (lexapro, escitalopram in other name) and Nordaz 5 mg per day, during 2 years

stoped taking drugs since 4 months after having 1 month of reducing drugs ( reduced 25% of them on each week)

feel completely lost and  the headache doesn't stop. It feels like squeezed hard enough and i can feel the pressure goes up in my head cause my ears go pop up like i was in the airplane and my nose get the pressure too, it pops up sometimes.

can concentrate on NOTHING

talking, working, even sleeping feels like distrupted. No fully being here.

Hisame

I'm french :mellow:

- 2002 -> 2012 Paxil, 20 mg for anxiety

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- February 2012 : reinstate 20 mg -> back to normal

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

Seeda

Living in France

xyz

je suis francaise vivant an etats unis.  (i am french living in united states.)

so.. what is the next step?

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

june 2014 to feb  2015- on xanax 0.25 to 1mg/day- then CT - jan 2016 - panic attack, went on 3.75mg remeron to sleep march 2016- CT remeron (because it caused me tinnitus)- deep depression, couldn't sleep because of  intrusive Tinnitus

april to june 2016- valium 4mg, xanax as needed, lunesta 3mg

june 2016 - valium 4mg, lexapro 10mg

oct 2016- valium 2mg, lexapro 10mg- hold

march 2017- started daily micro liquid taper of valium and lex- -taper speed 0.0033mg valium daily and 0.033mg lex daily

may 2018- valium 1mg, lexapro 2.4mg - i had to slow down the rate of my daily micro taper considerably

LAST dose of Lexapro: 0.05mg on 05/17/19

LAST dose of valium: 0.04mg on 08/18/19

April 26th 2020- intense panic attack that lasted 4 days, akatisia, 0 sleep- suicidal, almost hospitalized- took rescue doses over 2 days- total: 1.5mg xanax, 18mg valium, 2x5mg lexapro

xyz

hisame,

ca va lentement mieux quand meme depuis que tu as arrete le Paxil?   (it is slowly better still since you stopped the Paxil?)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

june 2014 to feb  2015- on xanax 0.25 to 1mg/day- then CT - jan 2016 - panic attack, went on 3.75mg remeron to sleep march 2016- CT remeron (because it caused me tinnitus)- deep depression, couldn't sleep because of  intrusive Tinnitus

april to june 2016- valium 4mg, xanax as needed, lunesta 3mg

june 2016 - valium 4mg, lexapro 10mg

oct 2016- valium 2mg, lexapro 10mg- hold

march 2017- started daily micro liquid taper of valium and lex- -taper speed 0.0033mg valium daily and 0.033mg lex daily

may 2018- valium 1mg, lexapro 2.4mg - i had to slow down the rate of my daily micro taper considerably

LAST dose of Lexapro: 0.05mg on 05/17/19

LAST dose of valium: 0.04mg on 08/18/19

April 26th 2020- intense panic attack that lasted 4 days, akatisia, 0 sleep- suicidal, almost hospitalized- took rescue doses over 2 days- total: 1.5mg xanax, 18mg valium, 2x5mg lexapro

Harriet8

Do you know of any doctors or psychiatrists in France who recognise withdrawal syndrome and would be able to advise me in how to manage this?

1997   1st psychiatric appt: began medications (no record);   2002   Efexor XL, Xanax, Risperdal, Stilnoct; 2003  Efexor, Xanax, Stilnoct, Serlain;   2004   many medications (no record), but including Lithium, Diazepam, Lorazepam;   2005  Clomipramine; Imipramine; (8 sessions of Electroconvulsive Therapy, ECT);   Sept 2005 Citalopram, Quetiapine 800mg, L-Tryptophan;   2006 - 2009 Reduced L-Tryptophan and Quetiapine, finished Quetiapine Nov 2009;  Jan 2010  Began reducing Citalopram   >>>STARTED NOTICING SOMATIC SYMPTOMS (described above)>>>   2012   Citalopram, Diazepam, Zolpidem, Promethazine, Risperidone, Mirtazepine, Trazadone, Buspirone, L-Tryptophan, Chlorpromazine, Alprazolam   Sept 2012medications changed to Citalopram, Quetiapine, Diazepam, L-Tryptophan;   2015 - 2017: reduced meds until just Citalopram 60mg;   2017  1 May   Citalopram, 50mg   25 May Citalopram, 40mg   Dec 2017 - Apr 2018: Citalopram, 35mg > 30 mg >   25 mg > 20mg;   2018   1 May Citalopram 30mg,   21 May 35mg   Jun Diazepam, 2mg, increased to 6mg (3 x 2mg to assist eating)   Aug Zolpidem for 10 days   Sept Zopiclone 3.75mg;   (Nov: inpatient admission):  Dec Pregabalin 100mg added, Diazepam increased to 8mg, Citalopram increased to 40mg;   2019  Jan Citalopram 40mg, Diazepam 8mg, Pregabalin 100mg, Zopiclone 3.75mg (now reducing Zopiclone: 2.81mg on 2 May, 1.88mg on 16 May)

Hisame
On 6/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, xyz said:

hisame,

ca va lentement mieux quand meme depuis que tu as arrete le Paxil?   (it is slowly better still since you stopped the Paxil?)

Hello xys,

Non c’est plutôt pire dans l’ensemble 😓

(No it's rather worse overall)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation - requoted post with translation

- January 2012 : 1 month withdrawal -> depression, burning sensations in my legs

- January 2014 -> August 2015 : « alternate days » tapering from 20mg to 2,5 mg -> anxiety, back pain and trouble focusing

- 4 september 2015 -> panic attack, psychiatric hospital for 1 week, stop Paxil, get Clomipramine, Abilify, Domperidone for 2 weeks, then stop everything

- 20 september 2015 try to reinstate Paxil 20 mg -> permanent tinnitus with only one tablet

- Free from paxil since september 2015 ->suffering from permanent side effects : tinnitus, hyperacusis, neuropathic pain, prostatitis, depression, suicidal ideations, akathisia.

Hisame
On 5/12/2019 at 10:06 PM, Harriet8 said:

Do you know of any doctors or psychiatrists in France who recognise withdrawal syndrome and would be able to advise me in how to manage this?

Non je n’en connais aucun malheureusement, en France plus qu’ailleurs ce problème n’existe pas. On vous regarde avec suspicion et on vous colle un diagnostique psychiatrique sur le front...

(No I do not know any unfortunately, in France more than elsewhere this problem does not exist. We look at you with suspicion and we stick you a psychiatric diagnosis on the forehead ...)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Harriet8

Bonjour/Hello,

I will try in English but if you need me to I can have another go in French....

I know.  That is my experience.  I am in a terrible state, incapacitated by my condition, housebound and dependent on my parents who are elderly.  Things are so intense and acute that it is not sustainable to continue as I am.  But I don't dare go to hospital for the reason you mention.  

I notice that you mention hyperacusis (and tinnitus).  This is one of the most limiting symptoms I am suffering from.  I can't tolerate kettles, coffee machines, car engines, taps......I can't go out, not just because of movement problems, but because I can't tolerate the sounds of the world around me at all.  It is so restrictive.  I basically live in one room with ear plugs in much of the time.  How severe is yours and have you found anything that helps?  It looks like you are now meds free?  I am still on 4......It is so hard.  I don't really know how to cope anymore.

Anyway, thank you for responding.  I hope it is ok to share here and in this thread.  I haven't been on the site for a while and am rather distressed at the moment.  I would be interested to hear about your experience of hyperacusis e.g. how/when it began and through withdrawal and beyond.

Harriet8

1997   1st psychiatric appt: began medications (no record);   2002   Efexor XL, Xanax, Risperdal, Stilnoct; 2003  Efexor, Xanax, Stilnoct, Serlain;   2004   many medications (no record), but including Lithium, Diazepam, Lorazepam;   2005  Clomipramine; Imipramine; (8 sessions of Electroconvulsive Therapy, ECT);   Sept 2005 Citalopram, Quetiapine 800mg, L-Tryptophan;   2006 - 2009 Reduced L-Tryptophan and Quetiapine, finished Quetiapine Nov 2009;  Jan 2010  Began reducing Citalopram   >>>STARTED NOTICING SOMATIC SYMPTOMS (described above)>>>   2012   Citalopram, Diazepam, Zolpidem, Promethazine, Risperidone, Mirtazepine, Trazadone, Buspirone, L-Tryptophan, Chlorpromazine, Alprazolam   Sept 2012medications changed to Citalopram, Quetiapine, Diazepam, L-Tryptophan;   2015 - 2017: reduced meds until just Citalopram 60mg;   2017  1 May   Citalopram, 50mg   25 May Citalopram, 40mg   Dec 2017 - Apr 2018: Citalopram, 35mg > 30 mg >   25 mg > 20mg;   2018   1 May Citalopram 30mg,   21 May 35mg   Jun Diazepam, 2mg, increased to 6mg (3 x 2mg to assist eating)   Aug Zolpidem for 10 days   Sept Zopiclone 3.75mg;   (Nov: inpatient admission):  Dec Pregabalin 100mg added, Diazepam increased to 8mg, Citalopram increased to 40mg;   2019  Jan Citalopram 40mg, Diazepam 8mg, Pregabalin 100mg, Zopiclone 3.75mg (now reducing Zopiclone: 2.81mg on 2 May, 1.88mg on 16 May)

emilie
2 minutes ago, Harriet8 said:

Bonjour/Hello,

I know.  That is my experience.  I am in a terrible state, incapacitated by my condition, housebound and dependent on my parents who are elderly.  Things are so intense and acute that it is not sustainable to continue as I am.  But I don't dare go to hospital for the reason you mention.  

I notice that you mention hyperacusis (and tinnitus).  This is one of the most limiting symptoms I am suffering from.  I can't tolerate kettles, coffee machines, car engines, taps......I can't go out, not just because of movement problems, but because I can't tolerate the sounds of the world around me at all.  It is so restrictive.  I basically live in one room with ear plugs in much of the time.  How severe is yours and have you found anything that helps?  It looks like you are now meds free?  I am still on 4......It is so hard.  I don't really know how to cope anymore.

Anyway, thank you for responding.  I hope it is ok to share here and in this thread.  I haven't been on the site for a while and am rather distressed at the moment.  I would be interested to hear about your experience of hyperacusis e.g. how/when it began and through withdrawal and beyond.

Harriet8

i have misophonia. not hyperacusis, a little titinnus (but it is not a problem).  i have read people with misophonia use qc25 bose or qc35 bose with active noise cancelling. and it play or not music, to cover littles sounds . 

for hyperacusis and titinus

doctor can prescribe you to go to ORL or to make prothesis making white noise. (prothèse faisant du bruit blanc.) i think you can test it in an audioprothesiste even without prescription.

white noise can be with water sound or cascade sound.

i have not tested that.

misophonia is when some specific sound give emotionnal distress.

(i am french)

1998 prazépam, citalopram /1999 paroxetine prazepam /2000 paroxétine /2001venafaxine, alprazolam, clomipramine * 2002 (dont remember)/2003 clomipramine, alprazolam /2004 clomipramine /2005 alprazolam /2006(dont remember) * 2007citalopram, alprazolam, prazépam, venlafaxine /2008(dont remember) /2009 venlafaxine /2010 venlafaxine *All precedent withdrawal were very fast. I tried many times to stop but didn't know what happened. *2011 mirtazapine (22,5 mg) , norset , risperdal (cold turkey for risperdal and norset, analysis by doctor say that my body does not support and i was in danger) /2012 mirtazapine / 2013 mirtazapine  *october 2014 mirtazapine (15mg) - putting down slowly.   *when i was good for one month i  down 1ml. (1ml of 100ml of water in which there was 1 pill of 15mg of mirtazapine. At the end i remove 1ml of 50ml of water but with 0,5 pill it does the same concentration.) (i down more like "how i feel, because at the beginning i had a calendar tapping 10% every 15 days and i was really bad, so i decided to see one month and after if i was trust in my body, i remove 10% of the dose at the beginning; and at the end i remove 1ml (when the 10% was lower than 1ml). It was more how i feel. (it is just the last 1 ml that i remove rapidly because i think i was attached mentally and i need to break. and 1ml of 50ml of 15/2mg is just 1ml correspond to 0.15mg. ).  -juillet 2017 stop all. 

nov 2017 tetany and gastritis. I found "euphytose", "spasmine", "phyto-stress" from Govital(the more efficient if crisis because more concentrated)  efficient. If very bad i take valerian extract 1000mg (stop crisis). I have iron deficiency and osteoporosis (36 years old) Bone like a 80 years old.  2020: Often crisis at sunset. (spasmophilia, tetany, tremor, contractions, internal vibration ), insomnia, fundal gastritis and erythematous antral gastritis. hypotension low blood pressure.

Hisame
7 hours ago, Harriet8 said:

Bonjour/Hello,

Harriet8

Salut Harriet8

Je n’ai pas compris si tu étais français ou non, je te réponds en français, et si tu préfères par la suite que j’écrive en anglais tu me le dis, d’accord ?

Je suis vraiment désolé que tu te sentes si mal. Je suis un peu dans le même état depuis maintenant 4 ans.

Je souffre effectivement d'hyperacousie, elle s’est déclenchée au bout d’une année de post sevrage quand j’écoutais de la musique avec un casque. Maintenant ça va un peu mieux, mais je suis toujours hypersensible aux sons. Je mets des boules quies quand je suis en voiture, je ne peux plus rester dans un restaurant trop bruyant. Ça limite considérablement le lien social.

Ce qui complique encore plus les choses dans ton cas c’est que tu prends encore des médicaments psychotropes qui sont connus pour être ototoxiques. Mais c’est vrai que l’on a pas toujours le choix. Dans mon cas l’acouphène chronique s’est déclenché alors que je tentais une reprise du deroxat à la fin de mon sevrage. Ces médicaments sont dangereux lorsqu’on ne les supporte plus. Pourtant même au bout de 4 années sans traitements, j’ai toujours envie d’essayer une reprise à cause des douleurs neuropathiques qui me détruisent la vie.

Voilà, je sais que l’hyperacousie est une horreur, encore une fois je suis vraiment désolé que tu aies à vivre ça. Le monde est vraiment cruel 😥

Surtout n’hésite pas si tu veux échanger.

Courage à toi !

google translation:

Hi Harriet8

I did not understand if you were French or not, I answer you in French, and if you prefer later that I write in English you tell me, okay?

I'm really sorry you feel so bad. I am a little in the same state for 4 years now.

I actually suffer from hyperacusis, it started after a year of post-weaning when I listened to music with a headset. Now it's a little better, but I'm always hypersensitive to sounds. I put earplugs when I'm driving, I can not stay in a restaurant too noisy. It considerably limits the social bond.

What complicates you even more in your case is that you still take psychotropic drugs that are known to be ototoxic. But it's true that you do not always have the choice. In my case, chronic tinnitus started while I was trying to regain the deroxate at the end of my weaning. These drugs are dangerous when you do not support them anymore. Yet even after 4 years without treatment, I always want to try a recovery because of the neuropathic pain that destroys my life.

Well, I know that hyperacusis is a horror, again I'm really sorry that you have to live this. The world is really cruel

Especially do not hesitate if you want to exchange.

Good luck !

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Hisame
7 hours ago, emilie said:

i have misophonia. not hyperacusis, a little titinnus (but it is not a problem).  i have read people with misophonia use qc25 bose or qc35 bose with active noise cancelling. and it play or not music, to cover littles sounds . 

misophonia is when some specific sound give emotionnal distress.

Salut Emilie,

Je souffre de ça aussi, c’est une horreur ce truc 😱

Les bruits me rendent fou, je ne supporte pas les aboiements de chiens, les voix de certaines personnes, j’en ferais des crises de nerfs.

Ça s’est considérablement développé avec le sevrage du deroxat....

Si j’ai bien lu ta signature, tu ne prends plus de médicaments, depuis fin 2017 c’est ça ?

Bonne soirée.

translation:

Hi Emilie,

I suffer from that too, it's a horror this thing 😱

The noises make me crazy, I can not stand the barking of dogs, the voices of certain people, I would get nervous.

It has grown considerably with the weaning of deroxat ....

If I read your signature, you are not taking any more drugs, since the end of 2017, is that it?

Good night.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

emilie
5 hours ago, Hisame said:

Salut Emilie,

Je souffre de ça aussi, c’est une horreur ce truc 😱

Les bruits me rendent fou, je ne supporte pas les aboiements de chiens, les voix de certaines personnes, j’en ferais des crises de nerfs.

Ça s’est considérablement développé avec le sevrage du deroxat....

Si j’ai bien lu ta signature, tu ne prends plus de médicaments, depuis fin 2017 c’est ça ?

Bonne soirée.

translation:

Hi Emilie,

I suffer from that too, it's a horror this thing 😱

The noises make me crazy, I can not stand the barking of dogs, the voices of certain people, I would get nervous.

It has grown considerably with the weaning of deroxat ....

If I read your signature, you are not taking any more drugs, since the end of 2017, is that it?

Good night.

oui. en ce moment je fait de la spasmophilie et des crises de tétanie (2 en 2 jours). médecin aujourd'hui,  demain je testerai l'intraveineuse de magnesium pour calmer parce que je suis trop bas pour remonter. 

translation:

Yes. at the moment I'm having spasmophilia and tetanus attacks (2 in 2 days). doctor today, tomorrow I will test the magnesium intravenous to calm down because I'm too low to go up.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

(i am french)

India
On 9/13/2019 at 7:52 PM, Harriet8 said:

notice that you mention hyperacusis (and tinnitus).  This is one of the most limiting symptoms I am suffering from.  I can't tolerate kettles, coffee machines, car engines, taps......I can't go out, not just because of movement problems, but because I can't tolerate the sounds of the world around me at all.  It is so restrictive.  I basically live in one room with ear plugs in much of the time.  How severe is yours and have you found anything that helps?  It looks like you are now meds free?  I am still on 4......It is so hard.  I don't really know how to cope anymore.

@Harriet8 @emilie @Hisame wanted to give you some hope. Also, unable to work due to intensity of symptoms but there is hope:

Please see that I am mostly recovered from hyperacusis

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse manic reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     

2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

Vegalia

Bonjour,

Je suis française. :)

Vega.

2018 : 29 July xanax 0,125x 2 12 Aug 0,25 x 2  28 Aug clotiazépam 5x2 4 Oct Prazepam : 5-5-7,5 to 3,5-3,5-6,5 25 oct 10x3 21 nov 9,5 x3/ Now Taper 2% / 21days = 19 may 2019 7,32x3/ Now 5%/8 days =10 july 5,145 x3 /Now 2% / 21 days = 27 sept 4,75x3/ Now 1%/21 days = nov 4,70 x3 dec 4,65x3 jan 2020 4,60x3 feb 4,50x3 march 4,45x3 april 4,385x3 may 4,32x3 

2018 : 29 Aug Venlafaxine 75mg XR 19 sept 37,5mg 4 oct 75mg18 oct bridge sertraline 1 nov Sertraline 50mg slow taper until mi April 2019= 25mg

15 July Escitalopram 5mg 20 Ju 4mg 22 Ju 3,25mg 23 ju 2,5mg  25 ju 2,25mg 8 Aug 2 mg 16 Aug 1,75mg 20 Aug 1,50mg 12 sept 1,25mg 24 sept 1,38mg 28 sept 1,50mg 8 Jan 1, 60mg

Hisame
32 minutes ago, Vegalia said:

Bonjour,

Je suis française. :)

Vega.

Bonjour Vega, 

bienvenue à toi 😃

Dis donc tu en as essayé beaucoup des isrs !

Hi Vega,

welcome to you

You tried a lot of ssri !

Erell

Coucou 

Une autre française  :)

Enfin Bretonne quoi 😉

Bonne journée à tous!!

2006 : 20mg Paroxetine + Bromazepam(no specific dose) 

2008 : cold turkey of both

2010 : 20mg Deroxat + Bromazepam

2013: Switch from Bromazepam To Prazepam (long half-life)

2014-June2017 : Prazepam taper, 3% drops. 

2018 to August 2019 : Paroxetine 20mg taper (3% every 15 days).

- 22nd August updosed To 10mg (was at 8.4mg) because of a big wave. 

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paroxetine. 

April 2020-August 2020 : Paxil to Prozac bridge. Details https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21457-erell-struggling-with-paroxetine/?do=findComment&comment=499847

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate/ fish oil/ evening primrose oil 

Current medication :

7mg Fluoxetine + toothpick Paroxetine (since 20 Aug 2020)

1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

Hisame

Bonjour Erell 😊

Je vois que tu as toi aussi une longue histoire avec le deroxat.

Bonne journée !

rola

bonjour @hisame 

je suis française aussi et sevrage du deroxat 

bonne journée 😃

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

Hisame

Coucou @rola

Oh là là mais c’est pas vrai on a tous été mis sous deroxat 😥

Ce cher traitement sans danger comme m’avait dit mon médecin à l’époque....

En tout cas tu y es presque, c’est chouette !

rola

@Hisame

salut 

moi aussi mon médecin m avait dit que je pouvais l arrêter sans aucun soucis 

si j avais su 😪

il me reste pas beaucoup à sevrer mais c est le plus difficile 

mais ca va aller 

et toi ça va 

bonne journée 

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

Hisame

@rola

c’est tellement ça.

Sans remonter aussi loin que la prescription de départ, personnellement si j’avais su je n’aurais même pas essayé de me sevrer car en fait je n’allais pas si mal sous traitement. En tout cas aucune comparaison avec mon état d’aujourd’hui. Mais bon en même temps j’ai fait un sevrage nul alors forcément...

C’est vrai que les derniers milligrammes sont les plus durs. Courage à toi 😊

Vegalia

Bonjour @Hisame

J'ai mis un peu de temps à te repondre...

Merci de ton accueil et j'espère pour toi une amélioration.

A bientôt.

Vega.

2018 : 29 July xanax 0,125x 2 12 Aug 0,25 x 2  28 Aug clotiazépam 5x2 4 Oct Prazepam : 5-5-7,5 to 3,5-3,5-6,5 25 oct 10x3 21 nov 9,5 x3/ Now Taper 2% / 21days = 19 may 2019 7,32x3/ Now 5%/8 days =10 july 5,145 x3 /Now 2% / 21 days = 27 sept 4,75x3/ Now 1%/21 days = nov 4,70 x3 dec 4,65x3 jan 2020 4,60x3 feb 4,50x3 march 4,45x3 april 4,385x3 may 4,32x3 

2018 : 29 Aug Venlafaxine 75mg XR 19 sept 37,5mg 4 oct 75mg18 oct bridge sertraline 1 nov Sertraline 50mg slow taper until mi April 2019= 25mg

15 July Escitalopram 5mg 20 Ju 4mg 22 Ju 3,25mg 23 ju 2,5mg  25 ju 2,25mg 8 Aug 2 mg 16 Aug 1,75mg 20 Aug 1,50mg 12 sept 1,25mg 24 sept 1,38mg 28 sept 1,50mg 8 Jan 1, 60mg

Subzero42

Je me permet de remonter ce topic pour que d’autres français puissent éventuellement le voir. 

Pour ceux ayant posté, comment vous sentez-vous ?

February 2017 : Put on Seroplex 10mg.

May 2017 : Seroplex increased to 20mg.

November 2017 : Quitted Seroplex 20mg Cold Turkey.

December 2017 : Reinstated Seroplex 20mg.

February 2018 : Added Effexor 75mg to ease Seroplex WD.

May 2018 - December 2018 : Slowly tapered Seroplex.

April 2019 - June 2019 : Tapered Effexor too fast.

August 2019 : Reinstated Effexor at 37,5mg.

Since March 2020 : Updose Effexor to 40 mg 

Erell
Posted (edited)

Bonjour !

les anglophones parlent beaucoup du travail de Claire Weekes concernant l'anxiété, malheureusement il n'existe pas de traduction de ses livres en Français.

Auriez-vous d'autres conseils de lectures/ressources en Français, particulièrement sur la question de l'angoisse et de la peur de la peur ?

Merci ❤️

(Translation : 
English speaking people talk a lot about Claire Weekes's work. Unfortunately, her books are not translated in French. 
Do you have books advices in French that talk about anxiety and the second fear ?)

Edited by Erell

April 2020-August 2020 : Paxil to Prozac bridge. Details https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21457-erell-struggling-with-paroxetine/?do=findComment&comment=499847

Current medication :

ChessieCat

Medicating Normal video:

3 hours ago, Erell said:

Wow !

Hope lot of people will see this !

I've sent a message via Facebook : there is a French subtitled version !

You can buy a ticket for the 22 August and ask them the subtitled version.

French translation :

J'ai contacté l'équipe du film sur Facebook et ils ont réalisé une version sous-titrée en Français.

Il est possible d'acheter un ticket pour la diffusion du 22 Août et de leur demander la version sous-titrée.

NEW!!!               INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

Nyfa25

Je suis française 

June 25 - July 8, 2020 - 2 weeks on Brintellix, suffered an adverse reaction.

25 juin - 8 juillet 2020-2 semaines sur Brintellix, a subi un effet indésirable.

Hisame

Bonjour @Nyfa25 🙂

Erell

Coucou les Frenchies 🤗

Je suis heureuse d'avoir trouvé SA sur mon chemin vers la guérison. 

Mais ces derniers temps, j'ai ressenti un très fort besoin de m'entendre dire que j'allais guérir, en Français, besoin que mon expérience soit validée, en Français. 

En fait j'avais besoin d'une 'Success Story' en Français, besoin de ma langue maternelle pour continuer à m'accrocher.

Je connaissais de nom "Carole Advices" et ses vidéos : c'est une femme Suisse qui a pris de nombreux médicaments pendant de nombreuses années et qui a fait l'expérience de sevrages brutaux.

(Et qui est une Success Story!  : elle dit aller bien aujourd'hui et être l'heureuse maman d'une petite fille ❤).

Mais je n'accrochais pas trop à ses vidéos, je ne sais pas pourquoi mais elles ont tendance à m'angoisser.

Je viens de découvrir qu'elle a récemment sorti un livre :

http://psychotropes.info/wordpress/author/carole-advices/

Elle y raconte son parcours, sa guérison et ses recherches pour tenter de mieux comprendre les mécanismes d'action des psychotropes.

Je suis en train de le lire et ça me fait un bien fou ! 

Cconcernant le protocole de sevrage en lui-même, je pense que la connaissance accumulée sur SA est plus pertinente (par exemple elle conseille, après un arrêt brutal, de reprendre la dose 'pleine' alors que nous savons grâce aux milliers de témoignages partagés ici qu'il est bien plus prudent de démarrer avec une petite dose).

Mais, sans que je puisse expliquer pourquoi, lire une Success Story en Français me redonne de la force !

Lire un témoignage inspirant dans ma langue maternelle m'apaise énormément. 

Et, dans la mesure où il résume plutôt bien la situation, avec des mots très simples, je trouve que ce livre peut aussi être un outil très intéressant pour tenter d'aider notre entourage à comprendre.

Je pense le proposer à mes parents.

ps : je n'ai aucun intérêt commercial/financier avec ce livre, et n'ai aucun lien avec Carol Advices. 

Je partage simplement un outil en Français qui m'aide actuellement.

(merci @Vegalia de m'avoir parlé de ce livre)

----------------------------------------------------------------

English translation :

Hello Frenchies 🤗

I'm happy I found SA on my path to recovery. 

But, lately, I've felt a strong need to hear someone telling me "You're gonna heal" in French, a need for my experience to be validated, in French. 

In fact, I needed to read a Success Story in French, I needed my native language to keep hanging on.

I had heard of "Carole Advices" and her videos : she is a Swiss woman who took many psychdrugs for many years and experienced CT's.

(and she IS a Success Story  : she is fine now and a happy mother ! ❤)

But I didn't like her videos, they use to trigger my anxiety.

She wrote a book recently :

http://psychotropes.info/wordpress/author/carole-advices/

In this book, she tells about her story, her recovery journey and her researches.

I'm currently reading it and it feels good !

About tapering/WD : I think that the accumulated knowledge on SA is way more relevant. 

(for example, after a CT she recommands to reinstate full dose, but thanks to thousand testimonies here we know that it is more careful to reinstate a low dose).

But, even if I can't explain why, reading a Success Story in French is giving me strenght !

Reading an inspirational testimony in my native language is soothing to my mind.

As it summarize quite nicely WD situation, and with simple words, I also think this book may be a tool to help those around us understand what we are going through. I'm thinking about sharing it with my parents. 

ps : I have no commercial/financial interest in this book, and I'm not related to Carole Advices. 

Just sharing a tool in French that is currently helping me.

(thank you @Vegalia for mentionning this book)

Current medication :

Vegalia

Coucou @Erell

Je t'en prie, j'ai lu juste le début. ;)

Mon avis est qu'avec les antidépresseurs les gens sont tellement différents ! 

Peu importe pour le contenu du livre ce point de vue sur les AD, le plus important est la façon dont elle a su récupérer de  son embardée. 

C'est très inspirant. Quelle force ! 

Bisous

Véga

Hello

I just read the beginning. My opinion is that with antidepressants people are so different! Regardless of the content of the book this point of view on AD, the most important is how she recovered from her lurch. It's very inspiring. What strength! Kisses Vega

Mimi79

@Vegalia et @Erell

Quelle bonne idée d’avoir une petite discussion dans notre langue maternelle.

Ce qui est bizarre de toujours parler de notre sevrage en anglais, c’est que j’ai parfois l’impression que tout ça se passe dans un monde parallèle, comme si c’était une autre personne que moi. Le fait de le dire et l’écrire dans notre langue est certainement libérateur.

J’ai connu Carole de Suisse bien avant SA, il y a plus d’un an. Ses vidéo m’ont pour la première fois ouvert les yeux que la médication était peut-être  la source de mes problèmes, mais moi aussi, j’ai trouvé qu’il y avait quelque chose d’un peu froid dans sa façon de décrire les choses. Je n’ai pas accroché. Mais cette petite brèche s’est ouverte et m’a amené éventuellement sur SA.

J’aimerais bien lire son livre. J’ai rapidement lu son histoire sur son site web et c’est fou ce qu’elle a traversé! 

Sinon, je vous conseille vivement les livres de Baylissa Frédérick, même si je sais qu’on ne les trouve pas en français. Elle est lumineuse! Son livre « With hope in my heart » m’a insufflé une énorme dose d’espoir! Je compte même le relire prochainement... (et moi aussi, je n’ai aucun intérêt commercial, juste un simple coup de cœur!!).

À bientôt, les frenchies!!

Ps. En passant, Erell, j’ai une partie de ma bibliothèque remplis de livre pour l’anxiété, je peux t’en référer d’excellents, qui m’ont été conseillé par ma psy. Et en français svp!

———————————————————

What a great idea to have a little chat in our mother language . The weird thing about always talking about our withdrawal in English is that sometimes I feel like this is all happening in a parallel world, like it's someone other than me. Saying it and writing it in our language is certainly liberating.

I knew Carole from Switzerland long before SA, over a year ago. His videos first opened my eyes that the medication might be the source of my problems, but I too found that there was something a little cold about his way of describing things. I didn't hang out. But that little breach opened up and eventually led me to SA.

I would love to read his book. I quickly read her story on her website and it's crazy what she went through! Otherwise, I highly recommend Baylissa Frédérick's books, even if I know they cannot be found in French. It is luminous! His book "With hope in my heart" gave me a huge dose of hope! I even intend to reread it soon ... (and I too have no commercial interest, just a crush !!).

See you soon, the frenchies !!

2008-2019: various ADs at various doses, initially for anxiety related insomnia.

2015-2018: Pristiq 50mg and Mirtazapine 30mg. Switched Pristiq to Venlafaxine.

2019-01: Stopped Venlafaxine after a 10 months taper. Updosed Mirtazapine to 45mg.

Summer 2019: Fast taper of Mirtazapine. Sept 2019, down to 30mg, hit bad W/D symptoms, so updosed to 45mg.

Tried escitalopram 10mg, C/T after 4 weeks. Tried Buspar, C/T after 5 days.

Jan 2020: Second mirtazapine weaning attempt, but end of january, big wave of symptoms, updose to 45mg Mirtazapine.

Feb 2020: 50mg quetiapineXR, CT after 2 weeks. 21 Feb 2020, found SA and staying on 45mg Mirtazapine, waiting for stabilization.

Quetiapine 25mg and Lorazepam 0.5mg PRN since may 2019, March 2020 stopped both.

Mirtazapine taper: 2020-10-21 43.88mg, 10-28 42.75mg, 11-04 41.63mg, 

Supplements: Magnesium Glycinate, Omega-3, Melatonin, Probiotic.

Nyfa25

Coucou les français :)

Je suis comme vous, et je rajouterais le fait que la réaction indésirable et le syndrome de sevrage ne soit pas du tout reconnu en France (et même sur l'internet français) me donne l'impression d'être extrêmement seule à vivre ce calvaire...

Je connais aussi Carole advice car je pense que comme vous j'ai fais pleins de recherches en français avant de trouver SA, ceci dit je rejoins @Erell ses vidéos me faisait un peu peur mais le livre me paraît bien, est ce qu'un d'entre vous l'a lu ? Est il bien pour essayer de faire comprendre ce qu'on vit à notre entourage ?

June 25 - July 8, 2020 - 2 weeks on Brintellix, suffered an adverse reaction.

25 juin - 8 juillet 2020-2 semaines sur Brintellix, a subi un effet indésirable.