Shep

French members, please check in here

Shep

Please post below if you live in France. 

We think that connecting our members geographically will enable:

- Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
- Support groups
- Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
- Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
- Organizing to contact members of local and national government
- Communicating in your first language

Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in France, please check in here.

Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.

AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress. 

emilie

i am french.

zatara01

French checking in.

Altostrata

Welcome, zatara. Please start a topic for yourself in the Introductions and updates forum so we can get to know you.

Jusdodo

living in France

Seeda

Living in France

xyz

je suis francaise vivant an etats unis.  (i am french living in united states.)

so.. what is the next step?

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

xyz

hisame,

ca va lentement mieux quand meme depuis que tu as arrete le Paxil?   (it is slowly better still since you stopped the Paxil?)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Harriet8

Do you know of any doctors or psychiatrists in France who recognise withdrawal syndrome and would be able to advise me in how to manage this?

Hisame
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, xyz said:

hisame,

ca va lentement mieux quand meme depuis que tu as arrete le Paxil?   (it is slowly better still since you stopped the Paxil?)

Hello xys,

Non c’est plutôt pire dans l’ensemble 😓

(No it's rather worse overall)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation - requoted post with translation

Hisame
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2019 at 10:06 PM, Harriet8 said:

Do you know of any doctors or psychiatrists in France who recognise withdrawal syndrome and would be able to advise me in how to manage this?

Non je n’en connais aucun malheureusement, en France plus qu’ailleurs ce problème n’existe pas. On vous regarde avec suspicion et on vous colle un diagnostique psychiatrique sur le front...

(No I do not know any unfortunately, in France more than elsewhere this problem does not exist. We look at you with suspicion and we stick you a psychiatric diagnosis on the forehead ...)

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Harriet8

Bonjour/Hello,

I will try in English but if you need me to I can have another go in French....

I know.  That is my experience.  I am in a terrible state, incapacitated by my condition, housebound and dependent on my parents who are elderly.  Things are so intense and acute that it is not sustainable to continue as I am.  But I don't dare go to hospital for the reason you mention.  

I notice that you mention hyperacusis (and tinnitus).  This is one of the most limiting symptoms I am suffering from.  I can't tolerate kettles, coffee machines, car engines, taps......I can't go out, not just because of movement problems, but because I can't tolerate the sounds of the world around me at all.  It is so restrictive.  I basically live in one room with ear plugs in much of the time.  How severe is yours and have you found anything that helps?  It looks like you are now meds free?  I am still on 4......It is so hard.  I don't really know how to cope anymore.

Anyway, thank you for responding.  I hope it is ok to share here and in this thread.  I haven't been on the site for a while and am rather distressed at the moment.  I would be interested to hear about your experience of hyperacusis e.g. how/when it began and through withdrawal and beyond.

Harriet8

emilie
2 minutes ago, Harriet8 said:

Bonjour/Hello,

I know.  That is my experience.  I am in a terrible state, incapacitated by my condition, housebound and dependent on my parents who are elderly.  Things are so intense and acute that it is not sustainable to continue as I am.  But I don't dare go to hospital for the reason you mention.  

I notice that you mention hyperacusis (and tinnitus).  This is one of the most limiting symptoms I am suffering from.  I can't tolerate kettles, coffee machines, car engines, taps......I can't go out, not just because of movement problems, but because I can't tolerate the sounds of the world around me at all.  It is so restrictive.  I basically live in one room with ear plugs in much of the time.  How severe is yours and have you found anything that helps?  It looks like you are now meds free?  I am still on 4......It is so hard.  I don't really know how to cope anymore.

Anyway, thank you for responding.  I hope it is ok to share here and in this thread.  I haven't been on the site for a while and am rather distressed at the moment.  I would be interested to hear about your experience of hyperacusis e.g. how/when it began and through withdrawal and beyond.

Harriet8

i have misophonia. not hyperacusis, a little titinnus (but it is not a problem).  i have read people with misophonia use qc25 bose or qc35 bose with active noise cancelling. and it play or not music, to cover littles sounds . 

for hyperacusis and titinus

doctor can prescribe you to go to ORL or to make prothesis making white noise. (prothèse faisant du bruit blanc.) i think you can test it in an audioprothesiste even without prescription.

white noise can be with water sound or cascade sound.

i have not tested that.

misophonia is when some specific sound give emotionnal distress.

Hisame
7 hours ago, Harriet8 said:

Bonjour/Hello,

Harriet8

Salut Harriet8

Je n’ai pas compris si tu étais français ou non, je te réponds en français, et si tu préfères par la suite que j’écrive en anglais tu me le dis, d’accord ?

Je suis vraiment désolé que tu te sentes si mal. Je suis un peu dans le même état depuis maintenant 4 ans.

Je souffre effectivement d'hyperacousie, elle s’est déclenchée au bout d’une année de post sevrage quand j’écoutais de la musique avec un casque. Maintenant ça va un peu mieux, mais je suis toujours hypersensible aux sons. Je mets des boules quies quand je suis en voiture, je ne peux plus rester dans un restaurant trop bruyant. Ça limite considérablement le lien social.

Ce qui complique encore plus les choses dans ton cas c’est que tu prends encore des médicaments psychotropes qui sont connus pour être ototoxiques. Mais c’est vrai que l’on a pas toujours le choix. Dans mon cas l’acouphène chronique s’est déclenché alors que je tentais une reprise du deroxat à la fin de mon sevrage. Ces médicaments sont dangereux lorsqu’on ne les supporte plus. Pourtant même au bout de 4 années sans traitements, j’ai toujours envie d’essayer une reprise à cause des douleurs neuropathiques qui me détruisent la vie.

Voilà, je sais que l’hyperacousie est une horreur, encore une fois je suis vraiment désolé que tu aies à vivre ça. Le monde est vraiment cruel 😥

Surtout n’hésite pas si tu veux échanger.

Courage à toi !

google translation:

Hi Harriet8

I did not understand if you were French or not, I answer you in French, and if you prefer later that I write in English you tell me, okay?

I'm really sorry you feel so bad. I am a little in the same state for 4 years now.

I actually suffer from hyperacusis, it started after a year of post-weaning when I listened to music with a headset. Now it's a little better, but I'm always hypersensitive to sounds. I put earplugs when I'm driving, I can not stay in a restaurant too noisy. It considerably limits the social bond.

What complicates you even more in your case is that you still take psychotropic drugs that are known to be ototoxic. But it's true that you do not always have the choice. In my case, chronic tinnitus started while I was trying to regain the deroxate at the end of my weaning. These drugs are dangerous when you do not support them anymore. Yet even after 4 years without treatment, I always want to try a recovery because of the neuropathic pain that destroys my life.

Well, I know that hyperacusis is a horror, again I'm really sorry that you have to live this. The world is really cruel

Especially do not hesitate if you want to exchange.

Good luck !

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Hisame
7 hours ago, emilie said:

i have misophonia. not hyperacusis, a little titinnus (but it is not a problem).  i have read people with misophonia use qc25 bose or qc35 bose with active noise cancelling. and it play or not music, to cover littles sounds . 

misophonia is when some specific sound give emotionnal distress.

Salut Emilie,

Je souffre de ça aussi, c’est une horreur ce truc 😱

Les bruits me rendent fou, je ne supporte pas les aboiements de chiens, les voix de certaines personnes, j’en ferais des crises de nerfs.

Ça s’est considérablement développé avec le sevrage du deroxat....

Si j’ai bien lu ta signature, tu ne prends plus de médicaments, depuis fin 2017 c’est ça ?

Bonne soirée.

translation:

Hi Emilie,

I suffer from that too, it's a horror this thing 😱

The noises make me crazy, I can not stand the barking of dogs, the voices of certain people, I would get nervous.

It has grown considerably with the weaning of deroxat ....

If I read your signature, you are not taking any more drugs, since the end of 2017, is that it?

Good night.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

emilie
5 hours ago, Hisame said:

Salut Emilie,

Je souffre de ça aussi, c’est une horreur ce truc 😱

Les bruits me rendent fou, je ne supporte pas les aboiements de chiens, les voix de certaines personnes, j’en ferais des crises de nerfs.

Ça s’est considérablement développé avec le sevrage du deroxat....

Si j’ai bien lu ta signature, tu ne prends plus de médicaments, depuis fin 2017 c’est ça ?

Bonne soirée.

translation:

Hi Emilie,

I suffer from that too, it's a horror this thing 😱

The noises make me crazy, I can not stand the barking of dogs, the voices of certain people, I would get nervous.

It has grown considerably with the weaning of deroxat ....

If I read your signature, you are not taking any more drugs, since the end of 2017, is that it?

Good night.

oui. en ce moment je fait de la spasmophilie et des crises de tétanie (2 en 2 jours). médecin aujourd'hui,  demain je testerai l'intraveineuse de magnesium pour calmer parce que je suis trop bas pour remonter. 

translation:

Yes. at the moment I'm having spasmophilia and tetanus attacks (2 in 2 days). doctor today, tomorrow I will test the magnesium intravenous to calm down because I'm too low to go up.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

India
On 9/13/2019 at 7:52 PM, Harriet8 said:

notice that you mention hyperacusis (and tinnitus).  This is one of the most limiting symptoms I am suffering from.  I can't tolerate kettles, coffee machines, car engines, taps......I can't go out, not just because of movement problems, but because I can't tolerate the sounds of the world around me at all.  It is so restrictive.  I basically live in one room with ear plugs in much of the time.  How severe is yours and have you found anything that helps?  It looks like you are now meds free?  I am still on 4......It is so hard.  I don't really know how to cope anymore.

@Harriet8 @emilie @Hisame wanted to give you some hope. Also, unable to work due to intensity of symptoms but there is hope:

Please see that I am mostly recovered from hyperacusis

Vegalia

Bonjour,

Je suis française. :)

Vega.

Hisame
32 minutes ago, Vegalia said:

Bonjour,

Je suis française. :)

Vega.

Bonjour Vega, 

bienvenue à toi 😃

Dis donc tu en as essayé beaucoup des isrs !

Hi Vega,

welcome to you

You tried a lot of ssri !

• Like 1

Erell

Coucou 

Une autre française  :)

Enfin Bretonne quoi 😉

Bonne journée à tous!!

Hisame

Bonjour Erell 😊

Je vois que tu as toi aussi une longue histoire avec le deroxat.

Bonne journée !

rola

bonjour @hisame 

je suis française aussi et sevrage du deroxat 

bonne journée 😃

Hisame

Coucou @rola

Oh là là mais c’est pas vrai on a tous été mis sous deroxat 😥

Ce cher traitement sans danger comme m’avait dit mon médecin à l’époque....

En tout cas tu y es presque, c’est chouette !

rola

@Hisame

salut 

moi aussi mon médecin m avait dit que je pouvais l arrêter sans aucun soucis 

si j avais su 😪

il me reste pas beaucoup à sevrer mais c est le plus difficile 

mais ca va aller 

et toi ça va 

bonne journée 

Hisame

@rola

c’est tellement ça.

Sans remonter aussi loin que la prescription de départ, personnellement si j’avais su je n’aurais même pas essayé de me sevrer car en fait je n’allais pas si mal sous traitement. En tout cas aucune comparaison avec mon état d’aujourd’hui. Mais bon en même temps j’ai fait un sevrage nul alors forcément...

C’est vrai que les derniers milligrammes sont les plus durs. Courage à toi 😊

Vegalia

Bonjour @Hisame

J'ai mis un peu de temps à te repondre...

Merci de ton accueil et j'espère pour toi une amélioration.

A bientôt.

Vega.

Subzero42

Je me permet de remonter ce topic pour que d’autres français puissent éventuellement le voir. 

Pour ceux ayant posté, comment vous sentez-vous ?