NightDriver: hi all

NightDriver

I've been on zoloft for sevreal years due to panic attacks. I actually found this website while looking up side effects of licorice. Unfortunately I have been dealing with side from licorice for a few months now but it's been gradually improving.

Once I am back to normal I am hoping to try tapering off zoloft within the next year so I thought joining this board would be a good idea. Thanks for having me.

Zoloft 50mg for about two-three years.

Vitamin d supplement 1000 mg daily

Have tried xanax which had little effect on me. Prozac which made me very anxious. Buspirone which mad me very dizzy.

Hi, looks like you found a good place to taper. You were eating a lot of licorice? Did it give you the runs?

QUIT chlonazepam (Klonopin) 8/26/17. My dosage was less than 0.5; hard to measure exactly because I had been reducing by weight. My overall diagnosis is fibromyalgia. I'm 63 yrs old. Feeling great to be free of it!

MICRO TAPERED KLONOPIN BY WEIGHT: 5/26: .241 -- ?/?: .235 -- 7/10: .223 -- 7/24: .221 -- 7/29: .217 -- 8/1: 212 -- 8/6: .208

Switched: 8/13, reduced to 1/2 pill (a .5 pill), maintaining morning dose of weight .069. Kept micro tapering until 8/26/17.

CURURENTLY TAPERING BUSPAR: BUSPAR started in May 2017, currently: 2and1/3 15mg pill = 15+15+5= 35 mgs. Very helpful med. 11/9/17: 25 mgs. (1 and 1/3 15 mg pill)

PREVIOUS: In August 2016, after some stressful life changes, my Klonopin use went up to about 4.0. New dr jerked me down from 4.0 to 1 mg. I'm still suffering from that sudden extreme withdrawal. Plus I was put on and taken off of many other meds those first couple of months: Tizanadine, Remeron, Lexapro, Wellbutrin. A very difficult time in my life.  CURRENT: Cymbalta 60mg, maintaining. I use medical marijuana for pain as needed, usually at night. Don't take it during the day because it just makes me too dopey. I take probiotics.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello NightRider and welcome to SA,

There is some good information here which should help you to plan a safe and succesful taper.  You can start by reading Tips for Tapering Zoloft

To avoid problems we suggest tapering by no more than 10% monthly.  Keeping things slow and steady makes a real difference.  You could also prepare by beginning to take fish oil and magnesium, both of which will support you as you taper.  

Could you write a signature with your drug history so it's easily referred to in future posts?  Thanks.  This will be your own thread to record your tapering and healing progress.  You can also ask all your questions here. 

It's good to have you here,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

I've been on zoloft for sevreal years due to panic attacks. I actually found this website while looking up side effects of licorice. Unfortunately I have been dealing with side from licorice for a few months now but it's been gradually improving.

Once I am back to normal I am hoping to try tapering off zoloft within the next year so I thought joining this board would be a good idea. Thanks for having me.

Did you know that almost all licorice doesn't contain any actual licorice? What happened when you ate licorice?

• 1992-Feb. 2016- Took almost every antidepressant on the market. Cold turkeyed most of the medications I took.

Stopped taking Paxil February 8 2016. I tapered the dose from 50 mg to 0 over the course of about 10 weeks

On no medications as of Feb. 8, 2016

As of 10/23/16-Still unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night, sometimes less

No runa from licorice. I took a licorice root extract tablet, it wasn't candy. My blood pressure would fluctuate and I'd feel very dizzy and a lot of pressure in the chest. It's been a few months since I stopped taking the licorice but I am still dealing with side effects. Sometimes my blood pressure will go up. occasional dizziness, muscle tension, and occasional fatigue. It has improved a lot but is still around.

I'll be happy to add my drug history.

Zoloft 50mg for about two-three years.

Vitamin d supplement 1000 mg daily

Have tried xanax which had little effect on me. Prozac which made me very anxious. Buspirone which mad me very dizzy.