Cruizer: sertraline / Zoloft nightmare

Cruizer

14 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

I didn’t realize u were referring to my thread . There are also other SA members who are rapid metabolizers and mention difficulties withdrawing. I have also heard a talk from a foreign psychiatrist (can’t remember unfortunately her name) claiming that rapid metabolizers are prone to severe side effects as much as are slow metabolizers. Good luck to your next steps. 

The stupid thing is, is that I have always had issues on this drug. From day 1 in 2009 I had significant issues. Unfortunately it was all blamed on my "declining mental health" and my "condition"

I just kept going along for 6 years until eventually I researched and found Dr Breggins book "anatomy of the epidemic" and it was like a light bulb moment. Unfortunately within a few months of tapering I was having issues with instability. The longer I held a dose the worse I would feel which happened in 3 holds. Once I started tapering again I would feel better but since I have reached 4.5mg I haven't been able to get stable. It is the not knowing what to do which is the difficult thing. I haven't stabilized and have been getting worse to the point where just waiting is not an option as something else has to be happening here. I feel I could wait if I was not on anything as at least I would know I am recovering whereas at the moment I could be actually making myself worse by holding on Sertraline. 

Started Sertraline (Zoloft) September 2009. 50mg then to 100mg within a week. Floated between 150mg and 100mg for the next 6 years. 

February 2016 began tapering from 150mg

2017; 55mg-22mg; 2018; 22mg-19mg. Jan 2018 surgery on my knee and collarbone which seemed to cause a crash 3 weeks later. 12/02/18. Held for 6 months at 19mg. 12/08/18 19mg-18mg; 10/09/18 18mg-17mg; Held for another 7 months

17/04/19 began tapering at 0.5mg per 2 weeks and reached 4.5mg on 19/03/20; CRASHED after a heavy alcohol session in late Feb. Attempted to restart taper August 2020 by dropping to 4.25mg. Updosed back to 4.5mg after 3 days. 2nd attempt to restart 4 weeks later in September 2020 dropping to 4.25mg again this time updosing back to 4.5mg 4 days later. 

Last attempt to taper November 2021. 4.5mg to 4.4mg lasted 15 days then updosed back to 4.5mg due to severe apathy and cognitive issues

• Administrator

What happened at the beginning, when you started sertraline?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What happened at the beginning, when you started sertraline?

Extreme agitation, cortisol spikes and then started having crying spells etc. All of which I have had through the dosage changes and holding doses. I can hand on heart say that a wave back 10 years ago when on a full dose can be the same as a wave now at 4.5mg. Same symptoms. 

The only thing that has greatly changed since hitting 4.5mg is the head symptoms. Pressure and headaches plus brain fog is what came at the start of my crash and gotten worse whilst holding for 20 months. 

I would say the extreme agitation is rare now. But I still get cortisol spikes that pop up for maybe a week and then go for a while. 

Started Sertraline (Zoloft) September 2009. 50mg then to 100mg within a week. Floated between 150mg and 100mg for the next 6 years. 

2017; 55mg-22mg; 2018; 22mg-19mg. Jan 2018 surgery on my knee and collarbone which seemed to cause a crash 3 weeks later. 12/02/18. Held for 6 months at 19mg. 12/08/18 19mg-18mg; 10/09/18 18mg-17mg; Held for another 7 months

17/04/19 began tapering at 0.5mg per 2 weeks and reached 4.5mg on 19/03/20; CRASHED after a heavy alcohol session in late Feb. Attempted to restart taper August 2020 by dropping to 4.25mg. Updosed back to 4.5mg after 3 days. 2nd attempt to restart 4 weeks later in September 2020 dropping to 4.25mg again this time updosing back to 4.5mg 4 days later. 

Last attempt to taper November 2021. 4.5mg to 4.4mg lasted 15 days then updosed back to 4.5mg due to severe apathy and cognitive issues

On 7/17/2020 at 11:00 AM, ChessieCat said:

Also see:  doses-twice-a-day

Some members experience interdose withdrawal because of the half life of their drug.  This can happen if the half life of the drug is less than 24 hours.

Some members may experience interdose withdrawal if the half life of their drug is about 24 hours and they are a fast metaboliser.

Sometimes interdose withdrawal can occur when the member has to change from extended release to immediate release to get the doses they require.

Another situation when interdose withdrawal needs to be considered is when extended release tablets are compounded.  Even with a slow release formula added when the tablets are compounded, the shorter half life may cause interdose withdrawal.

Some members might experience interdose withdrawal when they get to a low dose of a drug.

If you suspect that you are getting interdose withdrawal the first thing to do is to do a search on the internet to try to find out the half life of the drug you are taking.  If you can't find this information check the Tips for Tapering topic for your drug.  The information may be there.  If not, then ask in your Introduction topic and one of the mods or members might be able to provide the information.

The easiest way to work out if you are experiencing interdose withdrawal is to keep daily symptom notes for several days.  If you can see a daily pattern of when your withdrawal symptoms increase related to the time you take your dose then it might from the shorter half life of your drug, or you being a faster metaboliser.

This is an example of how to keep daily notes:

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Only make one change at a time.  That is, if you are splitting your dose DO NOT make a dose reduction/increase, add/stop supplement, change brand or form of drug etc at the same time you are splitting your dose.

If you want to split your dose the gentlest way to do this is to move part of your dose, usually 1/2 of the dose, by 1 hour each day.  If you feel anxious about dose splitting you could move it by 1/2 hour each day.  You will need to observe your withdrawal symptoms and especially your sleep during this time.  If you find that your sleep is starting to be affected then you could move your second dose to the previous dose time, that is back or forward 1 hour or 1/2 hour and observe for a few days or longer to see if things settle.

So if you are currently taking your drug in the morning you would move a portion later each day.  If you are currently taking your drug in the evening you would move a portion earlier each day.

To keep the drug level consist in your body, generally it would better if your dose was split into 2 equal parts and taken 12 hours apart.  However, this may not always be possible, either because you are not able to split the dose evenly (eg compounded capsule doses won't allow it) or your sleep is affected if you take the dose too close to bed time (for an activating drug). 

If you do have to split the dose into unequal amounts, I suggest that you take the smaller dose in the evening so that if you do experience any withdrawal symptoms they are more likely to be whilst you are sleeping.  However, this may not be appropriate for a sedating drug.

Please note that there are no hard and fast rules about how to do this.  This is why it is important to observe your symptoms to see how the dose splitting affects you.

I find this post from Chessie most interesting.

@Altostrata do you think I should updose back to 4.5mg to get a better gauge on my daily symptom pattern? It's just since dropping the head symptoms have ramped up so dropping when I wasn't stable is probably going to have effected this and will effect what I am writing in the next few days compared to say the last 12 months if you get what I mean. 

29 minutes ago, Cruizer said:

The stupid thing is, is that I have always had issues on this drug. From day 1 in 2009 I had significant issues. Unfortunately it was all blamed on my "declining mental health" and my "condition"

I just kept going along for 6 years until eventually I researched and found Dr Breggins book "anatomy of the epidemic" and it was like a light bulb moment. Unfortunately within a few months of tapering I was having issues with instability. The longer I held a dose the worse I would feel which happened in 3 holds. Once I started tapering again I would feel better but since I have reached 4.5mg I haven't been able to get stable. It is the not knowing what to do which is the difficult thing. I haven't stabilized and have been getting worse to the point where just waiting is not an option as something else has to be happening here. I feel I could wait if I was not on anything as at least I would know I am recovering whereas at the moment I could be actually making myself worse by holding on Sertraline. 

So many similarities… I felt horrible from day 1 on 25mg, doctor said “stay strong, side effects will subside”. Side effects became worst after 3 weeks, so I started tapering 5mg per week. I had hell hard time for 5-6 days following each drop, but stabilized till I reached 4.5 mg…. That was when whole hell broke loose and I d have only 2-3 hrs of feeling ok each day. I couldn’t understand this hell/ok switch every day and I couldn’t take it anymore, so I quit thinking I was having adverse reaction. But now I am convinced I was having interdose withdrawals and the low levels of drug were enough to feel ok for a few hours per day. I understand how hard it is to decide what to do, i thought the best thing to do was quit, I was in it for so short time that I thought I d be ok… turns out completely quitting was the worst thing I could have done. If I could turn the time back I would have either split my dose in two daily doses or try to switch to Prozac (risking adding another drug but at least I am a normal metabolizer for it)…. I can’t advice u what to do since each individual is different but I am pretty sure at least one of ur issues is due to the rapid metabolizing of Zoloft. I am a living example that Quitting completely and expect to heal can be a really bad choice, and I was just on it for weeks, ur on it much longer than I was. I am sharing my experience hoping u can take as many info as u can from my severe Zoloft triggered hell and decide the best way moving forward and finally away from this poison. Praying for both of us to heal, this is inhuman and needless suffering….

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

20 minutes ago, Cruizer said:

I find this post from Chessie most interesting.

@Altostrata do you think I should updose back to 4.5mg to get a better gauge on my daily symptom pattern? It's just since dropping the head symptoms have ramped up so dropping when I wasn't stable is probably going to have effected this and will effect what I am writing in the next few days compared to say the last 12 months if you get what I mean. 

Yes, that’s what I was saying I have experienced interdose withdrawl at low doses 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

13 minutes ago, JesusSavemefromWD said:

So many similarities… I felt horrible from day 1 on 25mg, doctor said “stay strong, side effects will subside”. Side effects became worst after 3 weeks, so I started tapering 5mg per week. I had hell hard time for 5-6 days following each drop, but stabilized till I reached 4.5 mg…. That was when whole hell broke loose and I d have only 2-3 hrs of feeling ok each day. I couldn’t understand this hell/ok switch every day and I couldn’t take it anymore, so I quit thinking I was having adverse reaction. But now I am convinced I was having interdose withdrawals and the low levels of drug were enough to feel ok for a few hours per day. I understand how hard it is to decide what to do, i thought the best thing to do was quit, I was in it for so short time that I thought I d be ok… turns out completely quitting was the worst thing I could have done. If I could turn the time back I would have either split my dose in two daily doses or try to switch to Prozac (risking adding another drug but at least I am a normal metabolizer for it)…. I can’t advice u what to do since each individual is different but I am pretty sure at least one of ur issues is due to the rapid metabolizing of Zoloft. I am a living example that Quitting completely and expect to heal can be a really bad choice, and I was just on it for weeks, ur on it much longer than I was. I am sharing my experience hoping u can take as many info as u can from my severe Zoloft triggered hell and decide the best way moving forward and finally away from this poison. Praying for both of us to heal, this is inhuman and needless suffering….

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it. 

If it makes you feel any better I would have done the same thing you did. 

Adverse reactions do seem to take a while to get over but does eventually change so long term I feel you will be fine as will we all. 

At this point I seem to be so fragile and all changes including batch changes of my compounding tablets are causing uptick in symptoms. This should have gotten better the longer I held unless of course I am having interdose withdrawal which is why I am not stabilising. 

Hey Cruizer,

Just popping by to see how you’re doing. I’ve been following your journey. Did you decide to updose, stay the course, or bridge to Prozac?

ive made two 5% cuts since late August. Finally getting some relief from pretty horrendous symptoms after my crash last February. So thankful for that.

Hope you are doing okay.

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

3 hours ago, Believer said:

Hey Cruizer,

Just popping by to see how you’re doing. I’ve been following your journey. Did you decide to updose, stay the course, or bridge to Prozac?

ive made two 5% cuts since late August. Finally getting some relief from pretty horrendous symptoms after my crash last February. So thankful for that.

Hope you are doing okay.

Hi Believer, thanks for popping by. 

Glad your feeling relief. 

For me, I did updose back to 4.5mg about a week ago. Unfortunately the symptoms grew very strong after about day 5 of the drop and I was trying to push through but by day 15 I was not functioning well at all. Felt like my brain had left the building and I just could not think at all. After updose the first 2 days sucked but by day 3 it improved and I'm not "brain dead" like I felt when I dropped. 

I am collating my daily symptoms for a couple of weeks to share with Alto on here. Just want to make sure I'm not keeping myself sick by something going on with tablet. I have all but conceded it is not poopout that I am experiencing but rather still withdrawal. I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment due to the fact that I haven't been able to move for 20 months. It's really hard to get in the right heads pace and accept what is going on when I'm still not sure what path I need to take. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can make a plan and get into the right head space. For the time being I am just getting though the days. Main symptoms are head related like light headed, some head pressure, brain fog etc. Anhedonia and apathy are consistent too. Anxiety is minimal and sleep is decent so grateful for that. I have 2 young boys and a wife and I work full-time. I try to focus on that and make my life about them as much as I can. 

Thanks for the encouragement. 

Hi Cruizer,

Sorry you are having such a difficult time going lower. Do you do a 1 day drop, or a slide? I have been doing a 5% drop, dropping 1% a day for 5 days. This has been easier than when I was doing the drop all at once. Just a thought.

I don’t know if I was in poop out, but my last couple of drops have been okay. I did note a slight ramp up in symptoms, but not much beyond my new WD normal baseline, which isn’t that great the past several months, but it didn’t get worse, so there’s that. 😬

I also have two boys, young men now. So much rowdy, crazy fun for me raising them.

I hope you can figure a good go forward plan after reviewing your notes. 

Stay strong!

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

On 11/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, Cruizer said:

I am right there with you… on Setraline for over a decade and tapering for 3.5 years. All hell broke loose under 5mg and undergoing a procedure/anesthesia. Just know you’re not alone, this drug is so powerful. I’m only 34 newly married and had to leave my job😢luckily I found remote work but hope I can handle it. Hang in there… we’ll get to the other side!

-given Prozac at 12 due to panic attacks for 6months

-Med free until 2008 when I was 20 years old 
-2008-2009- Pristiq, followed by quick taper. 
-1/10-Rxed 50mg Zoloft & .5mg Klonopin daily after a death in the family

- 2/2012 Successfully micro tapered off .5mg of Klonopin after taking daily for 2 years. Started 100mg of Trazadone for sleep .

- Oct 2013- Quickly tapered off trazadone. Bad idea! But finally trazadone free. 

- July 2015- present Became very ill with lyme like sxs

-August 2018-present. Started micro taper off 50mg of Zoloft via liquid titration  ... 

- July 2021- down to 3mg.. had digestive issues so got an endoscopy and major flair! 
-March 2022- tried cross tapers to Prozac and lexapro did not work. Jumped off everything.

-Present: Med free and pregnant! Aside from some health issues I’m doing better than expected!! 

Hi @Altostrata

Quick update: After reducing from 4.5mg to 4.4mg I lasted 15 days until I decided to updose. First 5 days were ok but by day 6 I was hit with anxiety for a bit but the most troubling symptom was the feeling as if my brain had left the building. I had no focus, mental clarity or anything to really give. I went along for about 10 days this way and ended up updosing. Took about 3-4 days to feel somewhat clearer and better. First 2 days were quite severe. 

Anyway I left it for a week to settle down and then starting taking daily notes like you asked as to try and identify what might be happening:

15-Nov

6am Woke in Bed after solid 7-8 hours sleep
7:30am Bowl of cereal with Banana. Felt hungry
8am Took medication 4.5mg Sertraline (4mg compounded tablet + 0.5mg liquid)
8:15am Left home / dropped son to school / went to work
8:45am Felt head symptoms / slightly foggy / srunching face/lifting eyebrows
8:50am Had a coffee (2 shot latte) Lift in clarity
10:30am Felt a dip in motivation/ mild anx.
12:30pm Ate lunch (Chicken casserole and banana bread)
3:00pm Some head symptoms present (pressure in side of head).
3:05pm Coffee (1 shot latte)
4:30pm Bit spacey upon leaving from work to home.
  Mood ok today, farely focussed on work and getting things done
5:30pm-7pm Played with my kids on trampoline and went to park. Quite spacey and some head pressure
8:00pm Ate dinner (Pork and lettuce rolls). Quite hungry and also ate cashew nuts and dark choc.
10:30pm Went to bed after watching a movie. Mood ok but quite lethargic last hour or so.
  Day was ranked as a 2. Not a lot of up and go but anx and dep minimal.

16-Nov  
6:30am Woke in bed after a solid 7 hours sleep
7:00am Had 2 crumpets and a banana/strawberry smoothie. Mood ok with some irritation present
8:15am Left home to drop kids off at school. In decent mood
8:40am Noticed the head symptoms start / foggy / spacey and scrunching face/eyebrow lifting
9:10am Had a coffee (2 shot latte) Clarity picked up within 15 minutes
11:15am Head symptoms / Eyebrow lifts / a little fuzzy
12:15pm Ate Lunch (Chicken casserole full of vegies) + cashew nuts and dark choc (35g sugar approx.)
1:30pm Felt quite fatigued and lethargic. Foggy head
2:30-4pm Very flat, irritated and can't be bothered doing much. (Have been seeing customers for last hour)
4pm Coffee (1 shot latte)
5:30pm - 6:30pm Played with my kids. Went to park and again was lethargic, spacey and somewhat disinterested.
6:45pm Ate dinner. (Pork and coleslaw rolls) Was hungry. Felt a lift after eating.
11:30pm Went to bed after watching tv.
  Day was ranked as a 2. Very similar to yesterday in not very motivated. Fatigue in the arvo and foggy

17-Nov  
7:30am Woke later today as my son slept in.
7:45am Ate breakfast (2 pieces of toast)
8:30-9am Mood seemed good and was thinking clearer.
9:10am Noticed the head symptoms start / foggy / spacey and scrunching face/eyebrow lifting
10:00am At work but feel the anxiety festering. Not too bad but not focussed on work very much
11:30am Seemed in a bit better spirits
1:00pm Ate Lunch (Crumbed chicken with coleslaw and peas + Banana)
1:30pm-3pm Just felt flat with no motivation / irritation / brain fog
3:45pm Coffee (1 shot latte)
4:15pm Mood and clarity better, slight head pressure in temples
5:00pm Left work for the day. Bit flat on leaving
5:30pm Ate dinner (Beef mince and salad wraps). Quite hungry. Also had banana and berry fruit drink
5:45pm - 7:30pm Played with my youngest son and felt more connected with him despite a bit of brain fog.
8:00pm-10pm Watched Netflix (Had some chocolate and cheese on crackers) Quite hungry tonight
10:30pm Went to bed
  Day was ranked as a 2. Similar to yesterday. Bit better mood at night. Really focussed on kids.

18-Nov  
6:10am Woken by my son. In an out of sleep until 6:45am (Felt quite tired)
7:20am Ate breakfast (2 pieces of peanut butter toast and a fruit smoothie)
8:00am Took medication 4.5mg Sertraline (4mg compounded tablet + 0.5mg liquid)
8:10am Left for work and school drop off. In a decent mood and relatively clear.
8:40am Noticed the head symptoms start / foggy / spacey and more head pressure/ lifting of eyebrows
9am Coffee (2 Shot latte)
9:30am-12pm Felt like a slight lift in clarity and motivation. Visited 2 customers of mine and felt clearer.
12pm Ate Lunch (Chicken and coleslaw role + Almonds and Cashew nuts. (Quite hungry)
1pm-2:30pm Visited a customer for a meeting and felt a fog come over and felt spacey and lethargic.
2:45pm Seemed to lift in clarity and motvation.
2:50pm Ate apple cake slice.
3:20pm Coffee (1 shot latte)
3:30pm - 5pm Relatively focussed at work doing emails and following up things.
5:20pm Went home from work and ate plenty of dinner. (2 x Pizza and beef mince salad)
6:00 - 7:30pm Felt off (may have eaten a bit much) was playing with kids outside and felt spacey with headache.
8-10pm Watched Netflix but felt flat and slightly depressed
10:30pm Went to Bed
  Day was ranked as a 2. Up and down with motivation and spaciness.

19-Nov  
7am Woke after a decent 8 hour sleep. Some disturbance during the night from my son
7-8am Decent mood getting ready for work
8:15am Left for work and school drop off. In decent mood and talking with kids etc.
8:40am Noticed the head symptoms start / foggy / spacey and more head pressure/ lifting of eyebrows
9:30am Drove to my accountant and had a coffee (2 shot latte)
10:30am Fogginess lifted somewhat and I was clearer in meeting with accountant.
11:30-1:30pm Visited my parents and was quite talkative
1:30pm In decent mood and stopped for lunch at KFC. (Ate chicken burger and chips + 7Up drink
2:30pm Felt mood and clarity drop
3:30pm Coffee (1 shot latte)
4:45pm Left work and went home. In ok mood upon getting home.
5:45pm Left for my footy club for players meeting. In decent mood listening to music in car
6pm - 6:30pm A little uneasy to start as everyone was drinking beers and I was not
6:35pm Ate dinner (2 sausages in bread)
6:45pm-9pm Mood lifted and felt clearer. Spoke to group of 40 guys and was laughing in conversations
9pm-11pm Returned home in decent mood. Watched Netflix and went to sleep at 11pm

Day was ranked as a 2. Felt good and talkative for periods but then some fogginess and apathy in others

20-Nov  
6:20am Was woken by my son. Was a little resltess and slightly high pulse early.
6:40am-8am Got up and was in a decent mood. Making breakfast for kids etc.
8:40am Felt flat / foggy and irritated (Had coffee around this time also)
9:40am Left home with family and went for a haircut. Felt flat / foggy and slightly depressed
11am Visited an adventure playground. Flat to start with but then mood lifted and I was playful with the kids
1:00pm Had lunch (Fish and Salad + chips)
1:10pm - 2:30pm Was tidying up my yard, mowing lawns etc. Felt in decent spirits.
2:30pm Dropped significantly in motivation and was flat and disinterested.
2:40pm Coffee (1 shot latte) Felt lift quickly.
2:45-4pm Continued working in the yard shoveling dirt and mowing front lawn.
4:00-5:30pm Hit another flat /spacey and now headache. Went to park with kids but lacked energy
5:45pm Took panadol for headache
6:00pm Got home and cooked dinner. Ate steak and salad. Felt good after this
8:00pm Put kids to bed and felt flat and slightly depressed.
11pm After watching Netflix I went to bed.
  Day was ranked as a 2. Pushing a 3 at some stages with flatness and apathy.

21-Nov  
7:00am Woke after a solid 7 hours sleep
7:00-8:00am Mood decent and doing things around the house.
8:10am Ate Breakfast (2 pieces of toast and banana/strawberry/spinach smoothie)
8:40am Felt the head symptoms and fogginess start.
9:30am Had coffee (2 shot latte) and took my kids to a bmx park
9:30am -10:30am Mood decent and having fun with my kids
10:40am Felt a bit spacey and lethargic.
11:00am Spaciness past and was talkative to some of my sons school parents.
12:30pm Ate Lunch (Turkey / salad sandwich)
1:30pm Went to dump and shovelled a trailor load of dirt out.
3:30pm 2nd coffee (1 shot latte) and went to shops for Santa photos. Mood decent.
6:30pm Ate Dinner (Pasta) and was very hungry
8:00pm Did a gym workout at home (Lifting weights) first work out in 8 months. Felt great when doing it.
10:30pm Went to bed after watching netflix.

Day was ranked as a 1. Better motivation and feelings of connection with the kids for longer. Enjoyed workout

22-Nov  
6:20am Woke from my son. Pretty decent mood on getting up.
7:30am Ate breakfast (2 pieces of toast)
8:35am Felt some fogginess and slight head pressure start. Arrived at work
8:50am Had coffee (2 shot latte).
9:00-10:30am Motivation pretty decent at work.
10:40am Felt a headache coming on. But seemed to pass
12-12:30pm Felt pretty spacey and foggy with lifting eyebrows etc.
12:30pm Ate lunch (Beef and salad sandwhich + pasta). 4 squares of chocolate - felt somewhat better.
1:15pm Fuzzy feeling in head and again lifting eyebrows etc. Mood ok though.
2:00pm-4:00pm Had a decent window of feeling upbeat, listening to music in car etc.
4:00pm Drank a coke zero
5:00pm Felt a little spacey and headache coming on.
5:30pm Ate dinner (Chicken and rice) Felt better for about 20 minutes after eating.
6-8pm
Flat, headache festering with head pressure in sides. (fell asleep for about 20 minutes when putting kids to bed)
10pm Took Panadol for headache and went to bed.

Day was ranked as a 2. Up and down with head symptoms and headaches. Mood decent though just head.

appreciate this is a lot to go through but I am desperate for direction. 

I have all but ruled out Poopout as my issue as I have not felt better since my crash in March 2020 and every attempt to drop causes an increase in symptoms not a decrease. 

I'm interested in Interdose withdrawal as I am a ultra rapid metabolizer and am wondering if this might be why I am not stabilizing. @ChessieCat I read something you wrote about low doses and rapid metabolizers having issues with interdose withdrawal so would appreciate your input. 

My main symptoms that are with me most days (fluctuate in intensity) is:

- apathy and anhedonia. 

- head symptoms (swishy head, cog fog, pressure in side and temples plus sinus pain). 

I do have other symptoms but they are much more infrequent and generally ramp up in a "wave".

Final point, after my workout 4 days ago I noticed significant increase in head symptoms for 2 days and then that switched to irritability, anger and severe apathy.

Thanks for your help in advance. I've noted that a lot of people on this forum that qere or are taking Zoloft seem to have very delayed onset of symptoms. I think my initial 5-9 months from the crash were filled with a lot more swings (waves and windows) but since about December last year it has been far more constant with some small improvement in certain areas. 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Cruizer said:

I read something you wrote about low doses and rapid metabolizers having issues with interdose withdrawal so would appreciate your input. 

I am not going to try to assess your notes, which actually might not be very helpful at this time because you have only recently made the reduction and updose.  I have explained how you might be able to see if interdose withdrawal is happening in Post #1 of the topic link below, which is the same suggestion that Alto previously gave here:

cruizer-sertraline-zoloft-nightmare/comment=560050

dose-splitting-for-interdose-withdrawal-from-short-half-life-drugs

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

19 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I am not going to try to assess your notes, which actually might not be very helpful at this time because you have only recently made the reduction and updose.  I have explained how you might be able to see if interdose withdrawal is happening in Post #1 of the topic link below, which is the same suggestion that Alto previously gave here:

cruizer-sertraline-zoloft-nightmare/comment=560050

dose-splitting-for-interdose-withdrawal-from-short-half-life-drugs

Ok so Alto suggested to take the notes on the post you just linked which is what I did. 

I was really just doing the notes so I could ask for help and show what I go through. What I posted is quite similar to the past 12 months. 

So when should I take daily notes that will be worthwhile someone going through? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto might find those notes helpful.

I am having trouble seeing when you made the reduction from 4.5mg to 4.4mg and then updosed to 4.5mg that you mentioned at the top of your last post.  It does not seem to be the same reduction at the end of your drug signature because of the number of days you mention.

If your drug signature is up to date and you have been on 4.5mg since January 2021, then the notes will be relevant regarding interdose withdrawal.

However, if the reduction was fairly recent they you might need to wait for a little bit to ensure you are at withdrawal normal.

Please update your drug signature if needed.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

6 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Alto might find those notes helpful.

I am having trouble seeing when you made the reduction from 4.5mg to 4.4mg and then updosed to 4.5mg that you mentioned at the top of your last post.  It does not seem to be the same reduction at the end of your drug signature because of the number of days you mention.

If your drug signature is up to date and you have been on 4.5mg since January 2021, then the notes will be relevant regarding interdose withdrawal.

However, if the reduction was fairly recent they you might need to wait for a little bit to ensure you are at withdrawal normal.

Please update your drug signature if needed.

Ok thanks. I had not updated signature. The reduction and updose was recent (start of this month). 

I did feel that I was at about withdrawal normal though when taking the notes. 

I'm just so sick of trying to work this crap out. I just want to rule out things so I have direction. My symptoms seem to be still withdrawal and quite common and I can't seem to taper at all at the moment so suggests I am still very sensitised. Not being able to exercise without an increase of symptoms seems to back that up too. 

• Administrator

I don't see any interdose withdrawal. You seem to feel best in the morning, after the prior day's sertraline has worn off and before you take your next dose. Whatever this is

Noticed the head symptoms start / foggy / spacey and scrunching face/eyebrow lifting

appears to be an adverse effect of the sertraline dose.

Since you've had adverse effects from sertraline since you first took it, it's not surprising you continue to have adverse effects from it. Rather than the activation you experienced at higher doses, you're having different symptoms at lower dosages. Depending on what time of day these symptoms occur, fogginess, apathy etc. could be drug adverse effects -- not withdrawal symptoms.

For you, the lower the dose, the less the activation and the more sedation. Some people find SSRIs to be quite sedating.

I'm not sure what symptoms you were chasing with the updose to 4.5mg. You're looking for less sedation? I see you're a heavy caffeine user, are you trying to get out of sertraline-induced foggy brain?

What you might do is gradually move your 8 a.m. sertraline dose later by an hour each day until you're taking it about 8 p.m., so the worst of the fogginess occurs while you're sleeping instead of during the day.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 11/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, Altostrata said:

I'm not sure what symptoms you were chasing with the updose to 4.5mg. You're looking for less sedation? I see you're a heavy caffeine user, are you trying to get out of sertraline-induced foggy brain

Hi @Altostrata, I updosed as the apathy, anhedonia and brain fog increased significantly over the course of 10 days to the point of not functioning well. I likely contributed to it slightly with remuneration of what was happening, but it was a clear increase. 

Caffeine definitely helps with the fogginess and apathy. It helps for an 1-2 hours and then I dip back. 2nd coffee in afternoon generally helps as well. 

The daily notes I took is what I feel consistently on an average day. This does go up and down though. Example, after doing a gym workout 7 days ago I have had significant increase in all the symptoms I listed in my daily notes. Symptoms are worse in morning though after taking dose. 

On a better day I still find a shift normally around 45 minutes after tablet but it just passes sooner. On a more severe day I can wake and feel flat and apathetic but generally the head symptoms don't start until after I take the morning dose. 

The increase I get within 45 minutes in taking the morning dose is very consistent though (80-90%) as I have been writing it in my journal even before my crash in March 2020. 

In the past 20 months I have had some periods of a week or so where things like anxiety, cortisol spikes, insomnia and nausea ramp right up, but I would say maybe 4 times this has happened to me so is pretty inconsistent and never last more than a week or so. 

The head symptoms/fuzziness, apathy, brain fog and head pressure are the most consistent and ramped up after about 8 months of holding and really haven't let up in the past 12 months aside from small periods of 3 or 4 days. 

So plan from here Alto is to move dose to 8pm at night (move made gradually an hour a day). I will then give this a few weeks to settle and take another week to 2 weeks of daily notes and assess from there. Does that sound like a good plan?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. I really appreciate it. I do not speak to anyone else aside from members on this forum for advice. 

• Administrator

Yes, I would try taking it later.

1 hour ago, Cruizer said:

The increase I get within 45 minutes in taking the morning dose is very consistent though (80-90%) as I have been writing it in my journal even before my crash in March 2020. 

I need to know stuff like this. Please continue daily notes.

• 1 month later...

Little concerned with the sertraline tablets I am buying. Just wanted to note on here that I went to fill my script today which is 50mg sertaline tablets that I make my 0.5mg liquid dose from. 

Firstly the pharmacy gave me a different brand without saying anything but when I went to pay I saw the different box. They ordered in the same brand for me and have noted on my file that I prefer that brand. (Makes me wonder how many times they may have switched me up with my compounded capsules now also.) 

I collected my preferred brand tonight but I noticed it was a smaller packet. Then I noticed on the front of the box it says "new appearance, new formulation". 

That concerns me greatly but I have no other option but to use them. It is the same brand. 

Hopefully the fact that it is only 0.5mg of my 4.5mg dose it won't effect me too much. Plus I have no idea whether the last 4mg tablets I had compounded were the new formulation anyway. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, Altostrata said:

I don't see any interdose withdrawal. You seem to feel best in the morning, after the prior day's sertraline has worn off and before you take your next dose. Whatever this is

appears to be an adverse effect of the sertraline dose.

Since you've had adverse effects from sertraline since you first took it, it's not surprising you continue to have adverse effects from it. Rather than the activation you experienced at higher doses, you're having different symptoms at lower dosages. Depending on what time of day these symptoms occur, fogginess, apathy etc. could be drug adverse effects -- not withdrawal symptoms.

For you, the lower the dose, the less the activation and the more sedation. Some people find SSRIs to be quite sedating.

I'm not sure what symptoms you were chasing with the updose to 4.5mg. You're looking for less sedation? I see you're a heavy caffeine user, are you trying to get out of sertraline-induced foggy brain?

What you might do is gradually move your 8 a.m. sertraline dose later by an hour each day until you're taking it about 8 p.m., so the worst of the fogginess occurs while you're sleeping instead of during the day.

Hi @Altostrata. I hope your well. 

I thought it was about time I updated you on what has happened in the past 2 months since we spoke last and you suggested you thought I might be experiencing adverse effects rather than Withdrawal. 

So I have maintained daily notes (a lot of data so won't post it all). 

I started moving forward my dose by half an hour per day for 2 days and had a poor day of anxiety ( however I was putting my dog down so that might have been a bit of natural stress). 

I waited a few days and then from the 7th of Jan until the 2nd of Feb (26 days) I moved forward 15 minutes per day every day. 

During this 26 days I had a pretty decent patch. No severe days and had many periods through days of higher motivation and better connection with my kids. It wasn't all roses but overall the 26 day period was better. I noted during this 26 day period that the "head symptoms" (scrunchy face, eyebrow raising, foggy) seemed to continue to kick in about 40 minutes after I took the dose as well as the same time frames it use to when I was taking at 8am. It was quite consistent so it was pretty clear to me that the dose is doing something to effect me I.e. adverse effect. 

Anyway I decided that I would pause pushing the dose 15 minutes forward per day so I could take some more notes and really make the connection. So I paused and am currently taking 4.5mg at 3:30pm.

However within 2-3 days of pausing, I noticed a significant increase in symptoms and I by day 3 felt significantly worse in terms of motivation, anhedonia, irritation etc. I continued to hold at 3:30 and they continued to get worse and rival when I dropped a few months back but then updosed. It's been 12 days now of severe symptoms which now includes anxiety, depressed and cortisol spikes in the morning. 

It is almost similar to back in 2019 when I had held for a long period and made a small reduction  and felt good initially and then was hit with very severe symptoms which Brass suggested back then I needed to continue tapering a little faster which really helped. (Maybe poopout or adverse effects)

I have also noted the following which may be useful from my note taking over the last 23 months of this hold. 

1) Any exercise like weights, jogging, golf, strenuous gardening/digging feels good at the time but within a day or so I get a major increase in head symptoms, apathy, brain fog etc. This has gotten worse since the start of the hold. 

2) Everytime I have a batch change from my compounded tablets, I feel a significant increase in the same symptoms. This is very consistent. It's like my body takes it as an updose or something. 

3) Any change that is not continued I.e. small drop or change in time taking meds seems to cause a massive increase in symptoms which has happened many times in the past at higher doses. In fact it has happened everytime after a long hold. 

4) What I am calling head symptoms and eyebrow raising and scrunchy face could also be described as facial grimeses. Similar to Tardive dyskinesia only I wouldnt say they are involuntary movements as I control when I do it. It's more an irritation in my face so I tend to move it. 

5) I rate my days from 0-4. Anything I rate as 1 or 0 I classify as a fairly mild symptom day. In the first 11 months vs the second 11 months of my hold I am almost exactly the same amount of mild days (85 vs 88). This suggests to me I am not improving at all which kind if backs up the "adverse effect" theory. 

6) my main symptoms that are consistent through the last 23 months are: brain fog, apathy/anhedonia, fatigue and the head symptoms (facial grimises), sinus pain over right eye and tingle in my back near shoulder blade. All of which aside from head symptoms I had back in 2019 after I held for 13 months back then. Facial grimising use to come when I would change dose and within a day or so. Now they are constant and are worst after I take the daily dose. 

7) From as far back as I can remember (around 2015) I have always noticed that if I experience something good and have a positive feeling about it and a good day, it has then been met within a few days with an increase in symptoms. (Even before tapering and at a full dose). It's like the meds "pull me back". Example recently was back in September last year my team that I coach won an important final to get us into the grand final. I was on the most natural high I can remember for about a day and a half. Than 2 days later smashed with severe anxiety, cortisol spikes and nausea. I remember thinking it at the time saying "can't wait for this high to finish and crash" 

Alto I've been holding for 23 months now at 4.5mg and I would say things have gotten worse not better or at the very least stayed the same. I starting tapering back in 2016 so I have in no way been in a hurry. I was always prepared to hold if I thought it was needed but every hold seems to make things worse not better. 

I know above is a lot to go through, but I need direction as I feel I am going nowhere. Thanks

• Administrator

Please post your daily notes in an easy-to-read list format. The last time you did this was late November. This will help us see what the drug is doing.

Hi @Altostrata. I have posted a significant amount of daily symptoms below. I have done this in week blocks but thought it was important to show the difference from when I was moving the dose forward 15 minutes per day and feeling ok with more motivation at times, to when I stopped moving forward 15 minutes and had a large increase in problems. 

4th Jan

7am

Up early and went fishing in my brothers boat. In good mood (away on holiday)

7:15am

Had instant coffee and vegemite sandwich

7:30am

out on the water fishing and in a good mood

9:00am

Took medication 4.5mg. Sertraline

9:40am

Felt head symptoms creep in and mood sank a little.

12pm

Back from fishing feeling a little flustered.

12:30pm

Ate Lunch. Left over bbq food

1:30pm

Went to beach with kids and felt reasonable.

3pm

took my eldest out on the boat fishing and felt decent.

4pm

Had second coffee for the day

5pm

In a good mood down at the beach with kids etc.

7pm

Ate dinner. In good mood listening to music

11pm

Went to bed after chatting with family for an hour or so. In good mood

Day rated as 1 (Mild)

5th Jan

7am

Woke after a decent sleep (in caravan on holiday)

8am

Ate breakfast (bacon and eggs) plus coffee. In a decent mood

9am

Took medication 4.5mg Sertraline

9:40am

Felt dip in clarity and some head symptoms present.

10am

Packing up caravan and heading to see my wife’s nana (half hour drive)

12pm

Cooked lunch (bbq) feeling a little spacey and off. Ate plenty though

1-3pm

Felt a little off but not too bad

4-7pm

Drove home (2.5 hour car drive) mood ok but tired

8pm

Ate dinner (McDonalds). Mood ok

10pm

After cleaning up a bit went to bed.

Day rated 2 (Moderate) due to spacey head

6th Jan

7am

Woke and was feeling in decent mood for first day back at work

8:30am

Coffee (1 shot latte)

9am

9:30-12pm

Worked in our warehouse. Felt a little spacey and dazed but mood ok.

1pm

Ate lunch (Chicken roll)

1-4pm

Continued working in our warehouse. Mood decent, just spacey

5pm

Went home from work and played with my kids (monopoly and swim in pool)

6:30pm

Ate dinner (Pasta)

8:00pm

Watched tv after kids were in bed. Mood decent.

10pm

Went to bed.

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) only due to head symptoms - mood ok

7th Jan

7am

Pretty flat on waking and slightly irritated on waking.

Had a coffee (2 shot latte)

9:15am

Took medication 4.5mg Sertraline. Started moving meds 15 minutes fwd. per day

9:30-12

Felt very spacey and unclear. Finding it hard to string sentences together.

Ate lunch. Pork roll. Appetite ok

1-5pm

Working away but lacked clarity and quite foggy and irritated

3:30pm

2nd Coffee

5:30pm

Ate dinner (Tacos)

8-10pm

Watch Netflix then went to bed.

Day was rated 2 (Moderate) due to irritation and quite ordinary brain fog and fatigue

8th Jan

6:30am

Woke a bit flat and tired but not too bad after a solid 7 hours sleep

Ate breakfast (2 pieces of toast)

9am

Went out for coffee at a local café. After coffee mood picked up and in decent spirits.

9:30am

10am

Felt dip and head symptoms start.

11:30am

Went to my parents and was in decent mood and talkative.

Ate lunch (sandwich)

1pm - 3pm

Head symptoms dropped and I worked in the garden mowing lawns etc. in good mood

3pm

2nd Coffee

4pm

Noticed a dip in mood and felt flat. Head symptoms also ramped up again

7pm

Ate Dinner

8pm-10pm

Watched some TV. Head symptoms and mood lifted

10:30pm

Went to Bed

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) bit up and down with mood and head symptoms

9th Jan

7am

Woke and was in decent spirits early.

Ate breakfast and had a coffee (2 shot latte).

9am

Went for a walk around our area with family and in good spirits.

9:45am

Took medication (4.5mg sertraline)

10:25am

Almost exactly 40 minutes after taking meds felt the head symptoms start and went foggy

11am - 2pm

Took my youngest son for some one on one time to a big indoor garden. Felt good and great

connection with him.

12pm

Ate Lunch and a cake.

4pm

Had a swim in the pool with my kids and felt good connection with them. Mood decent

Head symptoms still ordinary though.

6pm

Ate Dinner (Chicken and Veg)

8pm-10:30pm

Watched TV and was in decent mood

Day rated as 1 (Mild) despite head symptoms being bad. Mood was decent and felt some good

connection with my son for large periods.

10th Jan

7am

Woke after a solid 8 hours of sleep

Ate Breakfast

Left for work in good mood

8:45am

Had first coffee (2 shot latte)

9:30-10am

Some small flutters of giddiness right before I took meds

10am

Took Medication 4.5mg Sertraline

10:40am

Head symptoms (scrunchy face/facial grimaces) hit but only lasted a short time (half hour or so)

12pm

Ate lunch (Pork roll)

3pm

Second Coffee (1 shot latte)

5pm

Home from work

5:30-7pm

Had a real clear patch of feeling great. Took kids down to the park and then in pool.

8pm

Noticed a bit of a dip after the clear patch. Bit flat etc.

10pm

Went to bed

Day rated 1 (Mild). Decent mood and head symptoms a little less. Noted the real clear patch

I had for an hour or so felt like it does when I get a significant dip after.

11th Jan

7am

Woke after a solid 7 hours of sleep.

Cereal for breakfast

Dropped my car down for a service. Bit fatigued but then had a coffee which helped

10:15am

Took Medication (4.5mg Sertraline)

10:55am

Felt the head symptoms kick in.

12pm

In the office felt slightly giddy and tingles (bit like low blood sugar).

Ate lunch. Giddiness stopped after food but head symptoms remained thick for the rest of the day

1pm-4pm

Working in the office doing emails. Motivation a little low but ok. Little irritated

3pm

Second Coffee

5pm

Picked up my car from service

6pm

Ate dinner.

10pm

Went to bed

Day rated 2 (Moderate) due to thick head symptoms and brain fog.

12th Jan

7am

Woke from solid sleep.

Cereal for breakfast

Went to work (Mood quite good)

9-10:30am

Decent mood just working away

10:30am

Took medication 4.5mg

11:10am

Almost exactly 40 minutes after meds felt the jolt of head symptoms

11:30am-2pm

Mood relatively good and productive at work. Ate lunch

2:15pm

Noticed a dip in mood and an increase in head symptoms (foggy and facial grimaces) + fatigue

3pm

second coffee

5:15pm

Left work for home and by this stage I was pretty grouchy and irritated. Snappy at my kids

Ate dinner

8:30pm

Felt like my mood lifted significantly and I enjoyed watching tv show

Went to bed

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) due to increase in head symptoms and irritation through afternoon

13th Jan

7am

Woke ok and slept well.

9am

Collected my dogs ashes from the vet which upset me and made me teary.

10am

Feeling a little apprehensive and some mild/mod anxiety.

10:45am

Took medication 4.5mg Sertraline.

12pm

Ate lunch

1:45-2pm

Noticed the thick head symptoms hit me. Very unclear.

Note: I have noted that the head symptoms that use to hit me at approx. 11am when I was taking

meds at 8am, seem to be hitting me at 1:45-2pm which is the same 3 hours from when I take the med

3pm

Had 2nd coffee

5pm

Went home from work

5:15pm

Ate dinner.

5:30pm - 7:30pm

At football training. Bit flat and foggy but had an ok time.

8pm

Home. Watched some TV and went to bed by 10pm

Day rated 2 (Moderate) due to significant head symptoms / lack of enthusiasm and fogginess

14th Jan

7am

Woke after solid sleep. Felt a bit crabby and irritated.

Ate breakfast (cereal)

Left home for work.

Had coffee (2 shot latte)

9-11am

Mood quite decent and more productive at work.

11am

11:40am

Felt the usual rise in head symptoms around 40 minutes after taking meds. This time not overly bad

Ate lunch (chicken club sandwich)

3:00pm

Hit a wall with some flatness as well as a headache.

Had second coffee

5pm

Went home for the day from work

6pm

Had dinner

10pm

Went to bed

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) Ok in morning and then flat with headache in arvo.

15th Jan

1st day of 2 weeks off work

7am

Woke after solid sleep.

Ate breakfast (cereal)

Went out to a few shops buying some clothes and drill for holiday. A little spacey when out but mood ok

11:15am

Ate lunch

1-4pm

Spent time getting ready for holiday, packing caravan, doing the lawns and packing bags etc. ok mood

6:00pm

Ate dinner (burgers)

7-10pm

Still cleaning up things around home ready for going away tomorrow.

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) Could have been a mild day. Just a bit up and down but overall ok.

16th Jan

7am

A little crabby on waking but keen to go away on holidays.

Ate breakfast and had a coffee.

8-9am

Packing the car. In decent mood

10-11am

Felt a little uneasy on drive up there.

Took medication

11:50am

Went to bakery and felt very spacey in the line and a little giddy

12:20pm

Ate lunch, sausage roll and cake

1pm-3pm

Setting up caravan, seem to be in a better mood now.

3pm

Second coffee

3-5pm

Went in the pool and waterslides with my kids. Decent mood

6pm

Ate dinner (BBQ)

7pm

Back in the waterslides and mini golf. In good mood

8-10pm

Took my oldest son fishing and felt pretty good.

Bed

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) but could have been mild. Up and down in morning but decent in arvo.

17th Jan

7am

Woke a little crabby but had a solid sleep

Working out breakfast for kids and felt a little stressed but ok mood.

8am

Breakfast (pancakes) and coffee

9am

Drove to a beach and felt in a decent mood

10am-11am

Explored a beach and felt connected with my kids

11:45am

Took medication (Didn’t notice too many head symptoms today)

2pm

Felt a little giddy and slightly anxious on arriving for lunch at a pub

2:30pm

Ate lunch (large chicken schnitzel) - After food I felt better

Second coffee

4pm-6pm

Spent time in pool and on water slides. Felt connected with the kids and had a good time.

Ate dinner (chicken salad) hungry and ate plenty

8pm-10pm

Took my eldest son fishing again and felt connected with him.

Bed

Day was rated as 1 (Mild) felt good connection with my kids today and had a good time. (New script noted)

18th Jan

7am

Woke after solid sleep and in a good mood straight up.

Coffee and breakfast

9am-10:30am

Played on jumpy pillow at park with my kids and other kids from park. Had a great time

My parents came and was chatty.

12pm

Took medication (Noted no real head symptoms today)

1:00pm - 4pm

Went out for lunch (green chicken curry) and second coffee. Then to a carnival with rides for kids.

felt great and in a super mood.

4:30-6:30pm

Back at caravan park for more swimming. Felt really proud of my son for swimming on his own.

cooked bbq and ate plenty. In good mood

8-10pm

Watched a movie with my wife then Bed

Day was rated as 0 (None) a rare occasion where I felt great most of the day with very little symptoms

19th Jan

7am

Woke after solid sleep.

8am

Breakfast and coffee (Bacon and egg sandwich)

9am

Went on the jumpy pillow with kids. Noticed a slight shift in mood and feelings of irritation creeping in.

11am

Packing up caravan with some mild anxiety flutters. Nothing major.

12:15pm

Took medication

1:00pm

Went for lunch. Noticed a bit of a spacey feeling and some head symptoms

Ate yiros for lunch plus coffee

2-3:30pm

Fishing with my son. Felt ok but a little flat.

Left caravan park heading for home.

6pm

Ate dinner (KFC). Felt pretty decent on the drive home.

8pm

Arrived home and unpacked. Mood good.

10pm

Bed

Day rated as 1 (Mild) a shift in mood noted which always comes after a "zero" day. Overall still in decent mood

20th Jan

7am

Woke from decent night sleep

8am

Breakfast and coffee

9-12pm

Up and down with motivation in morning. Cleaned out the caravan and putting things away.

Had lunch (Sandwich) and took medication

1-3pm

Went to neighbours house and watched my kids play. Was talkative to the neighbour and in a decent mood.

Second Coffee

Left for football training but was feeling pretty flat and disinterested

5:55pm

Pretty spacey on arrival and brain fog.

7:30pm

Finished football training and went for a swim in ocean. Felt ok but a little uneasy.

8pm

Ate dinner

10pm

Went to bed

Day was rated 2 (Moderate) up and down with motivation and head symptoms. Felt spacey and foggy at times in arvo

21st Jan

Up early after solid sleep.

Drove to a friend’s house to pick up trailer and was in decent spirits.

8-12pm

Worked in garden doing a renovation. In decent spirits.

9pm

Had a coffee

10am

Had bacon and egg roll

12:15pm-1:15pm

Shovelled out dirt from a trailer at the dump. Heavy lifting and quite tired

12:45pm

Took medication

2-5pm

Felt quite spacey in afternoon period. Some brain fog and irritation present.

Note: No notes taken after 5pm

Day was rated as a 1 (Mild) in decent spirits but some head symptoms present.

22nd Jan

7am

Woke after solid sleep

8am

Had coffee and breakfast

10am

Went to garden shop and was looking at plants and garden materials for front yard. Mood ok but some fatigue present.

12pm

Took my kids to the park. Felt a little flat and fatigued but did some heavy digging yesterday so could be that.

1pm

Took medication

Ate lunch (Sandwich)

2-3pm

Played with kids in the pool and at home. Little flat and spacey

5-7pm

Fixed irrigation in the garden and planted trees. Felt in decent mood towards night.

7pm

Ate dinner

8pm

Watered garden and watched some TV.

Bed

Day was rated as 1 (Mild) Up and down with motivation and head symptoms

23rd of Jan

Woke after a decent sleep.

8am

Breakfast and Coffee

9am

Went up to a market which was about an hour drive. Felt in decent mood

10-12am

At markets and in decent spirits.

1:15pm

Took medication

2-5pm

Went significantly flat in afternoon and quite foggy.

3pm

2nd coffee

6pm

Ate dinner (Spaghetti)

Doing work in garden and broke pipe. Became extremely angry and irritated after this.

9-11pm

Watched TV and went to bed

Day was rated as 2 (Moderate) Decent mood in the morning but flat and spacey in afternoon and angry at night

24th Jan

7am

Woke after good sleep but felt quite flat and irritated.

Had coffee and breakfast

9am

Took kids down to a park near beach. Felt significantly flat and fatigued plus spacey for around 2 hours

11am

Took kids for ice-cream and had one myself. Lifted a bit after this.

12:00pm

Went to my mum and dads to pick up some gardening tools and was in a good mood

Ate lunch, Sandwich

Took Medication

2nd Coffee

2-4pm

Worked in garden and in a decent mood. Didn’t notice too many head symptoms in arvo

5:30pm-7:30pm

Went to football training and was in a super mood and quite clear all training.

8pm-10pm

Watched some Netflix and went to bed

Day rated as 1 (Mild). Aside from 2 hours early in the morning with head symptoms, day was quite good.

25th -26th of Jan

Missed taking daily notes but had rated both days as 2 (Moderate) and mentioned feeling flat, head symptoms also

mentioned feeling flat later at night. Meds continued to be taken 15 minutes forward to previous day

27th Jan

7am

Woke after solid 8 hours sleep.

8am

Ate breakfast (toast and fruit drink)

Left for the swimming centre with my 2 kids. Felt flat and some small anxiety and depression feelings.

9am-1pm

Spent 4-5 hours in swimming pool with kids. Felt pretty apathetic and numb but still had an ok time.

Ate lunch (Sandwich + fruit bar and hot chips)

2pm

Returned home after getting a trailer load of dirt for garden.

2:15pm

3pm

Second Coffee

5:20pm

Ate dinner (Pasta)

5:30pm - 7pm

Went to football training. Ok mood there

7pm

Head symptoms smashed me. Scrunchy face, hard to put sentences together etc.

8-10pm

Watched some Netflix and went to bed. Head symptoms large.

Day rated as 2 (Moderate). Flat in morning and then severe head symptoms later at night after football.

28th Jan

7am

Woke after solid sleep around 7-8 hours. Felt pretty flat straight away.

Ate breakfast. (Toast).

9am

Dropped my kids to my parent house to be looked after.

Had coffee (2 shot latte). Feel quite flat.

Had a zoom meeting for my business with 6 others. (Felt pretty foggy)

Finished meeting and was very flat with some anhedonia.

12pm

Ate lunch.

12:30-2:30pm

Went back into front garden and shovelled some mulch around. Felt far better doing this and much clearer

3pm

Coffee

3:30-5pm

Played with my kids in pool and in backyard. In decent mood.

Ate dinner

7-9pm

Finished off front garden. In decent mood but feel quite fatigued now.

10pm

Shower and bed.

Day ranked as 2 (Moderate) Flat and anhedonia in the morning but then more upbeat in early arvo when going into garden

29th Jan

6:45am

Woke after solid sleep. Felt in decent mood and upbeat

Ate breakfast.

8am

Watered the garden out the front. Had coffee (1 shot latte)

10am

Left home heading out for a 2 hour drive to my wife’s Nanas house. In decent mood and talkative

12Pm

Arrived and ate lunch. Was quite hungry and ate pasties and sausage rolls plus fruit and chicken

1-3pm

Played around in the river with my kids and did some fishing. Mood quite good.

2:45pm

4pm

Went to a ceremony that was celebrating my wife’s Grandpa. Felt pretty decent here with some mild head symptoms

5-7pm

Drove home and ate dinner.

8-10pm

Watched TV and went to bed.

Day ranked as 1 (Mild) Felt far more upbeat today and enjoyed swimming with my kids etc.

30th Jan

Woke after solid 8 hours sleep.

8am

Ate breakfast and had coffee

9pm

Went to my investment property where I laid some more bark down. In good mood and talkative to the tenant

10pm

Played board games with my kids and drawing etc. in decent mood

Ate lunch (Sandwich)

1pm

Did some tidying up and ironed my clothes ready for going back to work tomorrow.

3pm

Went and had haircuts with my kids at the shops.

3pm

Took medication 4.5mg sertraline

4pm

Went to park with my kids and wife. Some spiciness and head symptoms

6pm

Home and ate dinner

7-8pm

Baths for kids and then put them to bed.

10pm

Went to bed

Day rated 1 (Mild) In decent mood most of the day and talkative

31st Jan

7am

Woke after solid sleep.

Ate breakfast and got ready for work

Left for work (Mood pretty decent) First day back after 2 weeks off on holidays

Coffee (2 Shot latte)

9-12pm

At my desk in front of my laptop sending emails and catching up on things.

Went home for lunch

1pm

Returned to work and continued emails etc.

3:15pm

Took medication

Had second coffee

5pm

Went home from work. Day was basically sitting at my desk doing emails.

Ate dinner (Chicken wraps)

6-7:30pm

Played with my kids and organised them for bed.

8-10:30pm

Watched a movie and went to bed.

Day was rated as 2 (Moderate) but was more like 1.5 just felt a bit flat and fuzzy but staring at a computer all day when I

haven't done that for 2 weeks is pretty normal. Also trying to use my brain more for work etc.

1st Feb

6:40am

Woke after a solid sleep. Noted I felt a little irritated and crabby from the get go.

Ate breakfast

8am

Left home and dropped kids to my parents’ house to be looked after.

Arrived at work. (Motivation a little low)

Had coffee

10am-12pm

Set up a robot wrapping machine outside. Was ok doing this but felt a bit foggy and unclear.

Went home for lunch

Back to work (lacking much motivation)

Took medication 4.5mg

3pm

Second Coffee

5pm

Home from work. Feel pretty crabby and not overly interested in playing with the kids.

6pm

Ate dinner (Ate plenty of food)

6:30-8pm

Played with kids and organised them for bed.

8:30pm-11pm

Spent time on my phone and watched Netflix

11pm

Bed

Day was rated as 2 (Moderate) Just quite flat and irritated through most of the day. Struggling to talk clearly etc.

2nd Feb

7am

Woke after solid sleep

7:40am

Ate breakfast

8am

Kids first day back to school. More upbeat and taking photos of them etc.

9am

Went to work

9:15am

Had coffee

9:30am-12pm

At desk emailing customers etc. Speaking on the phone I felt a little unclear and struggled to put sentences together.

mind going blank at times.

Went home for lunch. Sandwich

Took medication 4.5mg Sertraline (Note 2nd day in a row at 3:30pm) - Decided to hold here and see what happens.

4:30pm

Noticed head symptoms increase

5pm

Left work for home

Head symptoms very severe. Heavy head, raising eyebrows (facial grimaces)

6pm

Ate dinner

Again noting the head symptoms very large

8pm

Head symptoms eased a little and I did some more work at home on my IPAD.

Went to bed

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) More upbeat early in morning but fell flat again mid-morning and head symptoms massive after

taking dose at 3:30pm

3rd Feb

6am

Woke for some reason but went back to sleep

7:15am

Woke and had not a lot of enthusiasm to get out of bed but did.

Ate breakfast and got ready for work. Was ok mood

8am

Went to work and was ok but also feeling a little sick with flu symptoms. Bit of a headache and sniffly

9am

Coffee

Feeling pretty apathetic and not interested in doing much.

10am-12pm

Working away at my desk slowly. Lacking clarity and motivation

Went home for lunch and was flat

1:30pm - 3:30pm

At my desk working away but struggling with focus and motivation

5pm

Home from work

5:30pm-8pm

Went to football training and had meeting after. Ok mood but still very foggy

8pm-9pm

Went to my mum and dads house. Quite talkative but felt foggy

9pm

Got home and started feeling quite depressed.

10pm

Went to bed feeling flat and depressed

Day was rated as 2 (Moderate) Up and down through the day and a little sick. Thick foggy head and motivation low

4th Feb

6:15am

Woke with a slightly higher pulse at 70BPM rather than the normal 58-60

6:30am-7am

Laid in bed with significant morning dread. Did not want to get up.

7am-7:30am

Up and ate breakfast.

8:15am

Out the door and dropping kids to school

No more notes taken aside from:

Day rated as 2 (Moderate) Similar to all this week. Feeling flat and anhedonia.

5th Feb

7am

Woke and was very irritated straight away

8am

Had coffee and breakfast

9am

Went down to local hardware store to buy some fence sheets. Very very foggy and swishy head

Got back to car and was so irritated that I screamed in my car and punched the steering wheel.

11am

Home and mowed the lawns. Felt still severely irritated but better after finishing the lawns

1pm

Ate lunch

2pm

Went to a kids party with my family and was in an ok mood

Took medication

Foggy and mental clarity not good.

5-7pm

Ok mood, ate dinner and played with kids.

Day rated as 3 (Severe) First severe day in 38 days.

6th Feb

7am

Woke and felt in a bit better mood

Ate breakfast and had coffee.

8am

Went outside and watered garden. Mood ok

My Dad came over to help with some jobs (putting fence panels up)

10-12:30pm

Felt severely flat and anhedonia hit me hard. Irritated and not interested

1pm

Ate lunch (burger)

1:30-2:30pm

Resprayed mirror on my wife’s car

Took medication

4-7pm

Pretty flat and foggy

Day rated as 3 (Severe) Anhedonia and irritation was severe all day. Depressed later at night.

Monday 7th Feb

Woke after a solid 7 hours. Had some morning dread

Felt ok getting ready for work. Ate breakfast of 2 pieces of toast

Dropped son to school and went to work. Mood ok

9am-12pm

At work (had a coffee) Relatively productive sending emails. Little foggy but ok

1pm

Ate lunch which was butter chicken and a meat paddy.

3pm

Picked son up from school. Little spacey but ok.

3:40pm

Had a coffee

Motivation dipped and head symptoms became more prominent

5:20pm

Home from work but flat as hell and had a lot of anhedonia and not clear

6:30pm - 8pm

Significantly depressed. Few tears in my eyes and felt awful. Head symptoms large.

went to bed after watching some Netflix for an hour. Feel quite down and depressed.

Day rated at 3 severe

Tuesday 8th Feb

7am

Woke after a solid 7-8 hours of sleep. Still felt tired a bit

Ate 2 pieces of fruit toast.

8am-8:30am

Dropped kids to school. Mood ok but a little flat and brain fog.

Had a 2 shot latte, picked me up a little.

Working away, not overly interested but ok. Anhedonia feeling

Ate lunch. Chicken and veg. Mood ok just flat and not a lot of get up and go

Took Medication 4.5mg Sertraline (New batch)

Had a coffee (Latte) which picked me up and I felt a little more interested and mood improved

5:00pm

Home from work and was feeling hungry

5:45pm

Ate dinner, Chicken schnitzel with chips and veg. (Felt starving)

6pm-10pm

Felt more interested in doing some jobs around home but had heavy head at times plus headache

11pm

Went to bed

Day rated at 2 moderate

Wednesday 9th Feb

7am

Woke after a solid 7-8 hours of sleep. Mood ok on waking but had a bit of a swishy head.

Ate 2 pieces of fruit toast

Dropped kids to school and was more talkative with some of the parents. Mood seems better today

9am

Coffee (2 shot latte). Have had a lingering headache and sinus pain in recent days.

11am

Pretty apathetic, not really interested in doing much work. Some head symptoms but severe anhedonia

1pm

Ate lunch, roast lamb and cheese roll.

11am-2:45pm

Severe anhedonia and feelings of being dead inside. Just blank

3:00pm

Anhedonia lifted a bit and I had a coffee (1 shot latte).

Finished work for the day and went home. Feeling a little flat with some head symptoms

Ate dinner, chicken rice and vegetables

6pm

Jumped in our pool which the cold water helps give me a bit of a boost in mood and energy

8pm

Feeling a bit flat and crabby. Watched a tv show

10pm

Went to bed

Day rated as 3 severe

Thursday 10th Feb

7am

Woke after a solid 8 hours of sleep. Mood ok on waking

Ate a bowl of cereal and banana.

Dropped off my son to school and was talkative to other parents.

9am

9-10:30am

Reasonably productive at work and in a bit better mood.

11am

Felt a bit of head symptoms and energy drop

11:30am - 1pm

Pretty reasonable mood going in and seeing customers. Bit of a heavy head though.

Ate lunch. Chicken and salad roll

4:00pm

Noticed head symptoms increase , facial grimaces, brain fog increased

Finished work for the day, went home but was pretty flat.

left for football training pretty flat

6pm-8pm

At football training (coaching) spoke clearly to the group, jogging around setting up cones etc. Decent mood

8pm

Left football and had some significant head symptoms (facial grimaces) mood ok

8:30pm

Ate some chocolate and felt ok. Mood decent

10pm

Went to bed

Day Rated as 3 (Severe)

Friday 11th Feb

Woke after a solid 7 hours of sleep. Pretty irritated and slightly anxious from waking

8:00am

Dropped kids to school. Feeling pretty flat.

9am

Feelings of restlessness and mild to moderate anxiety. Some anhedonia to.

Had coffee (2 shot latte)

10-11:30am

Not too bad a work. Working away.

11:30am - 12:30am

Had a 1 hour zoom meeting with a supplier. Felt quite decent and spoke clearly

Heavy head, brain fog and fatigue present. Anxiety dropped to basically nothing

1:15pm

Ate lunch which was ravioli pasta.

2pm-3:30pm

Real thick head, pressure in the side of my head, swishy head, feel dazed and confused

Had a coffee. (1 shot latte)

4pm

Head symptoms continued and felt flat.

5pm

Left work and went to my sons basketball. Felt ok here but still flat

6:00pm

Ate dinner burger and pizza

8pm

Went and washed my wife’s car. Ok mood but still a bit flat

10pm

Went to bed

Day Rated as 3 (Severe)

Saturday 12th Feb

Woke after a solid 7 hours of sleep. Ok on waking

Ate Breakfast (2 pieces of toast)

Had first coffee and drove 2 hours to go fishing and pick up new dog.

11am

Ate a chicken sandwich

12:00-1:30pm

Went fishing and felt ok but quite flat and not overly interested

2:00pm

Collected new dog and then drove home (2 hour drive)

2:15pm-4pm

Felt significantly flat and depressed

4:20pm

Felt the head symptoms start. Scrunchy face (facial grimacing) thick head, fatigue and brain fog

Note: these head symptoms were significant from 3:30-8pm.

Ate dinner. Chicken salad

9pm

Took some Panadol as I had quite a bad headache and pressure in the side of my head.

10pm

Went to bed feeling depressed and head pressure

Day Rated as 3 (Severe)

Sunday 13th Feb

2am

Woke with a slightly high pulse but went back to sleep within a few minutes

4am

Woke with a slightly high pulse but went back to sleep within a few minutes

6am

Woke with high pulse (cortisol spike) first one for around 6-7 weeks. Pulse around 80BPM

Ate breakfast (cereal)

Had coffee. Mood ok but still feel flat

Started feeling pretty off and anxious plus some depersonalisation in recent days creeping in.

Took my new puppy to puppy school. Felt very off and anxious on getting there. Ok through the class

Feeling far less anxious, just a bit flat and nauseous

Took medication

My mum and Dad came over as well as my mother in-law. Felt off and very anxious

A little better in terms of anxiety but very foggy and flat

Day Rated as 3 (Severe)

Hi Cruizer,

I’m just starting out with my sertraline withdrawal journey.   I’m going to be following you to support another sertraline head. 

I can very much relate to your moments of poor motivation & anhedonia + occasional irritability. I also love my coffee to give me wakefulness + motivation.  

I’m looking at your notes right now. It seems lately you note fogginess either just before or after your dose, most notably after.

Big question — how is your sleep?

Zoloft 50 mg since 2019.   
2024. January. 33.75 February. 33.75 March 32.5 April 30.0

2023. January 33.75 mg  February 32.5 mg March 30.0 mg April 27.5 mg June 50 mg August 40 mg September-December 37.5 mg December 33.75 mg 

2022. January 50mg February 45 mg March 40.5 April-November 37.5  December 33.75 mg

Prior to discontinuation:  20 years of a variety of antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds from months to  years at a time (fluoxetine, nefazodone, venlafaxine, clonazepam, hydroxyzine).  I was unknowingly experiencing discontinuation and was frequently diagnosed with anxiety/exacerbations of previous illness as opposed to discontinuation. 

Supplements: Fish oil, Vitamin D3, magnesium,  B complex, l-theanine

• Administrator

Has moving the sertraline dose affected your sleep? If so, in what way?

What do you mean by face scrunching?

Did you always have an anger problem when you get frustrated?

17 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Has moving the sertraline dose affected your sleep? If so, in what way?

What do you mean by face scrunching?

Did you always have an anger problem when you get frustrated?

Hi Alto, aside from a couple of nights sleep has not been affected much at all. I sleep a fairly solid 7 hours a night. Sleep only changed when I stopped moving dose forward 15 minutes. I'm finding I'm more tired and flatter at nights since I take the medication at 3:30pm compared to 8am. 

What I am calling head symptoms and eyebrow raising and scrunchy face could also be described as facial grimeses. Similar to Tardive dyskinesia only I wouldnt say they are involuntary movements as I control when I do it. It's more an irritation in my face so I tend to move it. Kind of like when you have been staring at a computer or a book or really concentrating on something for a while and then you get up or stop and your eye site is trying to adjust. 

I don't remember being angry at all before taking Sertraline. 

• Administrator

It appears sertraline makes you tired and flat. Gradually moving it to nighttime may help you sleep through this effect.

19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It appears sertraline makes you tired and flat. Gradually moving it to nighttime may help you sleep through this effect.

The fact that I was feeling better moving the dose forward 15 minutes per day and then took a nasty increase in anhedonia and flatness when stopping moving forward giving me a more consistent dose suggest to you this is adverse effects still?

The head symptoms seem to also be consistently coming 40 minutes to an hour after my dose and continue for around a 3 to 4 hour period which again to me suggests the meds are doing something and not withdrawal. Do you see that also? 

• 1 month later...

Hey Cruizer,

You haven’t posted on awhile, I hope that means things are going well for you. 😊

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

21 hours ago, Believer said:

Hey Cruizer,

You haven’t posted on awhile, I hope that means things are going well for you. 😊

Believer

Hi Believer, pretty much the same as the past 18 months here. After switching to taking my daily dose in the afternoon I had a really rough month. That has settled and I had a decent week. Now back to the norm of up and down through the days. Mood is ok but the head symptoms are pretty constant. I think at this point it's likely an adverse effect of the drug but any change seems to kick off a large spike in symptoms. I think that will likely be the case for the rest of my taper unfortunately. I am holding at the moment as I committed to coaching again in football so can't really do that with large spikes. I will reassess in September and begin a likely painful journey down. I hope your going OK. Thanks for touching base. 

• 1 month later...

Have now been taking my 4.5mg dose at 4pm every day since early Feb. Previous 12 years was always at 8am. 

I now find the night time harder in terms of head symptoms ramp up around an hour after dose and last for 3 hours or so. This is on a normal day.

What I continue to note and it seems to be getting worse, is the batch changes in my 4mg compounded capsules. When I get a batch of 60 capsules made up, the first 30 days is always far worse in terms of head symptoms (pressure, dazed, confused, brain fog, headaches) than what the second 30 days is. I have noted everytime in my daily journal that head symptoms ramp up within a day or two of new batch. 

There is obviously something going on with this. I first thought it was a coincidence, but now that I have noted it with around 10 batch changes, it is there in black and white. 

In Australia (probably the same in US) the tolerance for compounding pharmacies is within 10% as by TGA guidelines. 

I'm now at month 26 of holding at 4.5mg. The rough patches are getting rougher and more constant. Good patches are limited now to a few days if I'm lucky. 

I think now it is becoming pretty obvious that I'm having side effects from the meds or my compounded capsules are not consistent. I want to change to all liquid prior to tapering again. I was going to wait until after my coaching commitments finish in September, but if I feel this bad now and it is the meds doing it, than I am prolonging my suffering. 

Also the fact that I feel poorest now at night after I take meds when it use to be in the morning after taking meds suggest something is a miss also.