tryingtosurvive: fluoxetine tapering

tryingtosurvive

PS I started the 5htp because I got incrdibly suicidal and sad after quitting the last prozac 3 mg 1 and a half month ago ds please reply to me!

fluoxetine since 13years followed doctors advice tapered 40 mg to 0mg in 4 months july 2015 august crasched in panic attacks etc end of september akatisia , nausea, crying alot no one told me it could be something called withdrawal I read it and also about going back to last dose No one knew if it was worth it. tried reinstate autumn 2014 5 mg prozac then 10mg since 29/11-2014 feel only worse sucidal for real, tried antihistamine 10 mg or oxascand (benso) 5 mg or valerian for anxiousness but sick feeling taking this. 6mg prozac to taper slowly down since 15/2-2014 (30ml out of 100ml water with 20 mg pill) tapered 10-20% per month until June 2015 super anxious depressed tired. Got Buspar may 2015 5mg 10mg 15mg headache etc
June 2015: 10mg buspar plus around 3 mg prozac quit this cold turkey in July 2015. One week later crying spells and suicidal. Tried 5htp.magnesium omega 3 until September. October 2015 tested vit D was 17 . Since October 2015 ONLY Vit D and magnesium . nov 2016 can laungh again! but still too anxious ,depressed or lethargic in waves can't focuS, Crying spells , scared, social fobia, bitterness. .. . Did not reinstate prozac again . Trying to survive ....

july 2016-troathpain /reflux starts...

Hey.. I think first just breathe and calm down.. you are not dying whatever it is ..it is in your brain and it is readjusting. You cannot afford to panic because there is no where to go, so be calm be patient and find a friends to hug you while you cry if need be. Acknowledge how much this sucks and punch a punching bag or a pillow and let out the fear but you like me for some reason are now on this path and the wierd feelings we have will not kill us and our bodies WILL heal AND the best way to help the brain to heal is to remain calm and helpful and loving to your body. send love love love and kindness to your self . that is the best we can do. s

may 2015 - prescribed Lexapro 10mg started at 1.25mg and worked up - horrible reactions but kept going
june 2015 - decided I did not like Lexapro only got up to 7.5mg decided to taper
aug 2015 - Quit 1.25 mg on Aug 15th and have had severe withdraw for 3 weeks so far
Sept 10th 2015 Still experience intense nervous system activity -Not sure whether to reinstate? What mg to reinstate at?

Sucked really bad not sure it ever ended or where the withdraw ended and I began...

New Saga after worst nightmare above . Really trying to hang in their I cant believe I have to go through this again

May 2016 Zoloft 12.5 1 week to 25 1 week - Didnt like it. Titrating down to 18.75 for 4 days to 12.5 for days then told by doctor to do every other day for 1 week of 12.5 then every 3 days for 1 week. 

June 5th Last 6mg dose  ok with slight intense head tension and out of it, really tired Sun June 12th night terrors, fear and darkness all around tried to reinstate 6mg got a headache with it that day and then stopped . Last ferw days the tension in head and back have gotten progressively worse. Not sure what to do now kind fucked it all up.

I tried to write a post but think it disappeared ? I quitted prozac at around 3 mg 1 1/2 month ago also buspar 10 mg...but got very suicidal shortly after therefore started 5htp 50 mg times 2 I take now with magnesium and b6 plus omega 3 and curcumin tablets. Since one month. I felt it helped first as I told u less anxiety but now I feel as of I can't think and am cut off from motivation and from my brain :(( I just want to sleep :(( lethargy and no functioning brain:((( anxiety and sadness kept inside :((((( is it prozac withdrawal or 5htp causing this ? Very grateful to your support since you are the only ones that can support me in this no one else "expert" doctors etc can help :*((( feel alone and like giving up again. ..

fluoxetine since 13years followed doctors advice tapered 40 mg to 0mg in 4 months july 2015 august crasched in panic attacks etc end of september akatisia , nausea, crying alot no one told me it could be something called withdrawal I read it and also about going back to last dose No one knew if it was worth it. tried reinstate autumn 2014 5 mg prozac then 10mg since 29/11-2014 feel only worse sucidal for real, tried antihistamine 10 mg or oxascand (benso) 5 mg or valerian for anxiousness but sick feeling taking this. 6mg prozac to taper slowly down since 15/2-2014 (30ml out of 100ml water with 20 mg pill) tapered 10-20% per month until June 2015 super anxious depressed tired. Got Buspar may 2015 5mg 10mg 15mg headache etc
June 2015: 10mg buspar plus around 3 mg prozac quit this cold turkey in July 2015. One week later crying spells and suicidal. Tried 5htp.magnesium omega 3 until September. October 2015 tested vit D was 17 . Since October 2015 ONLY Vit D and magnesium . nov 2016 can laungh again! but still too anxious ,depressed or lethargic in waves can't focuS, Crying spells , scared, social fobia, bitterness. .. . Did not reinstate prozac again . Trying to survive ....

Looking at your history as well you were on that SSRI for a long time and i dont think 4 months to taper would be quite enough. Have you talked to your doc about switching to a different one to help get over what you are going through. i never like prozac , zoloft seem like the most benign to me. I am here with you , you will make it through

may 2015 - prescribed Lexapro 10mg started at 1.25mg and worked up - horrible reactions but kept going
june 2015 - decided I did not like Lexapro only got up to 7.5mg decided to taper
aug 2015 - Quit 1.25 mg on Aug 15th and have had severe withdraw for 3 weeks so far
Sept 10th 2015 Still experience intense nervous system activity -Not sure whether to reinstate? What mg to reinstate at?

Sucked really bad not sure it ever ended or where the withdraw ended and I began...

New Saga after worst nightmare above . Really trying to hang in their I cant believe I have to go through this again

May 2016 Zoloft 12.5 1 week to 25 1 week - Didnt like it. Titrating down to 18.75 for 4 days to 12.5 for days then told by doctor to do every other day for 1 week of 12.5 then every 3 days for 1 week. 

June 5th Last 6mg dose  ok with slight intense head tension and out of it, really tired Sun June 12th night terrors, fear and darkness all around tried to reinstate 6mg got a headache with it that day and then stopped . Last ferw days the tension in head and back have gotten progressively worse. Not sure what to do now kind fucked it all up.

• Administrator

merged with trying's existing Intro topic.

trying, if those supplements helped you, I would go back to taking them. Add them one at a time to see how they affect you. It's likely the odd feelings you had were from withdrawal and not the supplements.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Trying, please would you update your signature to reflect that you are now not taking any medications. It looks like you are still taking 6mg.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Administrator

trying, please post in this topic, your Intro topic, rather than posting off-topic elsewhere.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi sorry for posting elsewhere and not updating my profile etc it is hard to focus on anything so the whole website becomes confusing. I QUIT prozac in mid July this year so 7 weeks ago and then I was down to around 3 mg so cold turkey from that and buspar I also quit around this time took around 10 mg a day since two months. After one week I crashed and got into crying spells and suicidal

Now I have been on 5htp and 300 mg magnesium for 5 weeks and I start to feel supertired and off and also have severe diarea sp today I only took 150 mg magnesium and 50 mg 5htp (tried to take the other 50 mg before sleeping but couldnt really sleep) still feel the same tired off and depressed :(. ...

Should I quit the supplements or trying to take them in the evening ? Is this withdrawal from prozac or bieffekt of 5htp magnesium ? I think it sounds like I have low dopamine ... any one agrees ?

Any one succeeded with ayuruveda? What do you advise me to do ? Please can't feel thus tired !!! Grateful to your replies

/Tts

Is a nutrionist the right person to see ?

Trying , Just post in your thread.

If i were you , I would throw the 5 HTP to the "kerb" . It's just complicating things. It's a drug, as well.  Taper off & then it's one less thing to worry about.  It's not withdrawal from Magnesium., that you're experiencing, in my opinion.

Well, technically it's not a drug, but it's a powerfull agent, capable of "messing" things up.

I would stick with the Magnesium, unless you're reacting.

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Administrator

Magnesium can be calming. Some people can tolerate only 50mg at a time. If you take too much, it can give you diarrhea.

5-HTP can also cause diarrhea.

We are always careful to tell people to try supplements ONE AT A TIME, and in very low doses first.

You may have overdone it with the supplements.

#1. You are not crazy. The drugs are the enemy. In my case the drugs actually was making me crazy blurring the lines beween what is true and what is not.

#2. Your not alone. This is not your fault.

#3. Follow the good advice from the good teachers here.

Hey we all end up believing things that just are not true. We would do this even without the drugs. But the drugs make it difficult. Horribly so.

Take the time. Make the time for yourself. Get back to the small things. Find something to Love and Love it with all your heart.

#4.  Your gonna be ok.

God bless you. One day this will be the past.

1996-1month Prozac 20mg (intolerable)...1996-Dec 2010 Paxil 20mg/Klonopin 2mg
CRASH/HOSPITALIZED freakish WD...2011-2 months 40mg Celexa, 3mg Klonopin. (felt brain fry)
03/2011 Self Prescribed 20mg Celexa/ 3mg Klonopin (bad brain zaps)

Sept 1st 2014 1 week taper then CT.
500mg X 2 Inositol and 300mg Alpha GPC.

Horror Movie OCD down 99% 1st month and brain shocks down 99% by 2nd week.
Dec/2014 cut Inositol by half and stopped GPC. Able to drive and Work.

Jan/2015 1 x Inositol every 2 weeks. No GPC. Feeling GREAT.

Feb-Aug/2015 No Inositol. No GPC. just living life good.

Aug/2015 did not crash but hit the much prophesied one year bump in the road.

Will get through it. To fight the good fight is to be alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hope I can post here ? Otherwise please guide me where to post things like this : anyone here got helped by T3 after quitting antidepressivs?

I am on the edge of giving up again. Anxious or tired all the time and lack of motivation also withdrawing from social situations but feel suicidal when alone.

Anyone tried oxytocin?

Last thing Bruce lipton what do you think of his theory? He says nothing about if your cells been affected by ssri though..

Sorry for not updating my profile completely. Will try to do that soon. No prozac at all since July . 5htp omega 3 and magnesium now..

thank you for excisting

//trying but on the edge of giving up...:*(

Tired of being patient.. :/ tried to quit that this summer but keep going bad :/

Nutrionist and hypnotherapist -any one had good luck help from / with that after ssri?

Again grateful to your replies

Need to find hope /bbelieve in my self which is all lost now ..am I bipolar ? I am socially anxious or is it withdrawal?

/ trying ...

• Moderator Emeritus

Trying, I moved the topic you started in the symptoms forum here to your own introduction thread, this is the place for these kinds of posts. If you bookmark or follow it, you will be able to find it again easily.

How did you stop taking Prozac in July? Please would you update your signature.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

Now I tried to update profile . I stopped it from from around 3mg cold turkey ... (was taking liquid) tried to continue with buspar but it only me me very aggressive :/so quit that to just after. Had just taken buspar for 1 month a bit more...

So oxytocin ant experiences ?

Hypnotherapy?

Nutrionist?

I am socially anxious and really bad in dealing with life now so need some help. If not from psychiatry where ?...

If I post here I feel no one sees and answers this. ..would be very grateful to experiences from oxytocin for example...

"Bad at dealing with life now". I know the feeling! But your doing ok, in my opinion, in the scheme of things. Your totally off prozac which caused all of this turmoil. It just takes time but you do seem much less frantic than when you first posted and it's early days with withdrawal.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Administrator

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

Hypnotherapy yes! If you find a good therapist.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I am more frantic now again?:/// the thing that scares me most is the way I withdraw and comfort eat and feel suicidal. I am on my way of loosing all the small things I have left if I go down this way ( I recall other times when I tried to quit prozac lowering dose etc it ended really bad so we increased back on the dose) - I am scared I am doomed to go back on prozac if not to go under :///////////////

This is an odd thought, but do you think the transition of the seasons is bothering you? I don't think I have serious problems with the short days in winter, but the changes around the equinox, especially September, bothered me the past two years. It is especially seeing the sun set at the wrong time. It helps me to close the blinds during that time and turn on bright lights, then I am okay once dark has settled. If I have the money, I am going to get a dawn simulator alarm, supposedly cheaper than a light box, to wake up to the light with also.

I know this is tiny compared to your problems, but it at least keeps your thread active :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I am becoming like the other times when I was stop taking fluoxetine I am super anxious all day can't focus or do anything and eating all the time and the anxiousness only eases a bit during night. I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THIS . I am on the very edge of suicide or going back to some ssri.

• Moderator Emeritus

So what have you tried from the symptoms forum that Alto posted a couple of days ago?

Have you found any therapists near you?

Try doing this for seven minutes - rate how anxious you feel before and after

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I am becoming like the other times when I was stop taking fluoxetine I am super anxious all day can't focus or do anything and eating all the time and the anxiousness only eases a bit during night. I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THIS . I am on the very edge of suicide or going back to some ssri.

Yes, write out on your thread your current treatment plan, and if possible, make another list of the things you have really tried that didn't help. I think that should almost be a requirement for moderators taking the time to write :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

What treatment plan ??? There is no plan. I feel super depressed and anxious taking 5htp magnesium and omega 3 but no regularity. ...

I am on my way back to psychiatry :////

Ok guys I am seriously thinking of going back on a low dose of something . Should it be a few milligram of prozac again or should I try with smth else? I am having panic attacks all day and depressed can't be like this. Please answer so I know what to say to the psychiatrist.

Thank you

/on my way to go under :((

We aren't qualified to weigh in on that, but I have point out there are pages and pages in the symptoms forums of things you could try.

56 years old

• 4 weeks later...

I need reassuring if to continue this fight see my peer friend on SSRI having a nice PHD now and a good life and I am going under. Is it worth it ? Am I getting better ? I got my vit D tested and it was 17 so I am taking Vit D supplement since almost one month.feel maybe less depressed but hard to say what is what Life is not working during last 4 years I have been almost manic doing things like trying to live up all the years I lost in sickness and depression... dont know if it has been the ssri making me manic ? Since I took it out last year - tapering for 1,5 year now...and I am still in a fine line where the MD still want to put me back on some meds. But now it has been 3 months since last took any ssri (3 mg fluoxetine and around 10mg buspar was the last dosis ) so I might be on my way to recovery now ? Or ?

My mood is not reliable and everything feels overwhelming. I am also feeling asocial and scared to be among people :((( is this normal and will it pass? I need some reassurance from someone who passed through this cause it scares the he'll out of me to see how I loose contact more and more with the world around me and my so called career is going straight to H.

No patience and I am like a scared child. Please very grateful to some reassurance about this social anxiety.

I also attended a Trauma releasing exercise - any one tried this here ?

my tremors is like an epilepsy sesure I realise as I look at my self with my therapist eyes from outside that I have always been a scared child never got the first bounding to my mother (as I almost died at birth) and when I got anorexia as a teenager (scared to become a grown up) they put me in hospital and gave me ssri and no therapy :((((( traumas goes on after that my family didn't want to talk to me I was still only a child . Years of overeating destructive behaviour and trauma ended relationships - personal changes due to ssri ?

I just want to know is it worth holding on now 3 months completely ssri free and 1.5 years of tapering am I on my way to make it ?

Will the brain heal?

I hope with all my heart that vit D will ease depression and magnesium anxiety and that I won't loose my current bf cause he has stuck with me for 4 years... his parents are MDS though so they are not my friends in this . My family just wants me to be stable NOW and most ppl I know says take meds "you need it"

So I am on the fine line : going back on ssri or am I on my way to actually recovery now ? Is it worth holding on

.. please let me know from your experiences and when you see my time line. ..do you think I am getting close to an exit from withdrawal ? I am for sure not as bad as I was last year but still not good...please someone here ..tell me is the exit on this way ? I don't want to become more lonely...And I need to deal with life now...will the anxiety and social anxiety pass? .very grateful to your replies and thoughts ASAP

/still trying

I Can see this pattern of asocial behaviour also in the two other times I tried to lower /change away from prozac too... so is it me or is it a side effect from prozac ? That will pass:////?????

I am soon scared please talk to me...my eyes keep wanting to look down :((((( will this pass ????

• Moderator Emeritus

Everything will pass but not if you hang onto it.

I would still like to see a summary of what you have tried, for how long and to what effect.

Calling out for reassurance rather than developing the capacity to soothe and breathe through rough patches 

undermines your recovery

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Summary  hmm : When I read my signature I know I feel "better" then when I first came of the drug but I am not sure if I can give you a summary since Everything is a mess!! I don't know if it is me or it is the withdrawal but my mind is very scattered

My Eyes are looking down alot feeling so much anxiety around people nowdays - I don't Think this is me .. but who knows ? 13 years on fluoxetine and put in a teenage brain maybe it has really got into my cells and now without it I can't function :////// ?

. I get furious for nothing . depressed and anxious, lack of energy then too much energy ... comforteating again which I have not done for years on the drug. And with my background as an anorectic makes it really hard to deal with my body becomming chubby and edeama like... so I feel even more anxious over this ://///

Lets try summary but for what ? can you after read the summary tell me What to do ? hold on to the Vitamine D, fish oil and magnesium ? what is your prognsis - since july this year NO SSRI - as you can see in summary below :June 2015 10mg buspar plus around 3 mg prozac quit this cold turkey in July 2015 - so from 3 mg Prozac I am now Prozac free since 3 months !!! after 13 years and tapering since april 2014 so am I on my way to make it or lose it completely ?

fluoxetine since 13 yearsdoctor told me no worries to taper it of 40 mg to 0 in 4 months july 2015 august crasched in panic attacks etc end of september akatisia , nausea, crying alot no one told me it could be something called withdrawal I read it and also about going back to last dose No one knew if it was worth it. tried 5 mg. and 10mg some week for one monthbut just felt drugged suicidal  Anxiousness ,shaking, crying, insomnia, tired,.... Tried to go back on 5 mg and stick with that since a few days but the anxiousness is really making me loosing it! 10mg since 29/11-2014 feel only worse more depressed, suicidal and anxioustried antihistamine 10 mg or oxascand (benso) 5 mg or valerian but sick feeling taking this so dontonly codliver oil, magnesium and vitamine D 2000iu /day6mg

since 15/2-2014 (30ml out of 100ml water with 20 mg pill) tapered 10-20% month untill june 2016 super anxious depressed tired.

Got Buspar May 2015 5mg 10mg 15mg try to help with the anxiousness got headache etc
June 2015 10mg buspar plus around 3 mg prozac quit this cold turkey in July 2015. One week later crying spells and suicidal.

since august 2016 : 5htp  and magnesium omega 3 . less depressed and calmer at first but in september got tired. Lethargic anxious and depressed again also very bad and swollen stomach as if the 5htp and magnesium didn't help anymore.

tested vitamine D it was 17... so since 2/10-2015 I started taking vitamine D in oil supplement and I Think it maybe have an effect on the depression now almost 4 weeks  during which the last 2 weeks with a higher dose (around 4000IU/day plus magnesium). this is all I take now .

BUT this is only for the chemical part ... for the spiritual etc... my Life is a mess! I started new job in new country in september was to depressed to handle it now I have 10000 things o no thing to do . One part of me which I am really afraid is the monster-fluoxetine withdrawal --- can it be this ?? Who only wants me to withdraw from Everything everyone eat and sleep and do nothing else ...

I dont want this I hate to be alone but I can't be around people like this .... I can Barley look them in the Eyes and my "job" is as a therapist :////////

so what is what ? What have you seen as withdrawal in other persons from fluoxetine ? will it / can in go away ? or will it destroy me ?

what can me me ? emotional instability? ADHD /ADD/ Asperger? Bipolar ? I fit into all diagnosis like this :////

again from this messy story can you tell me anything : What to do ? hold on to the Vitamine D, fish oil and magnesium ? what is your prognsis - since july this year no SSRI - am I on my way to make it or lose it completely ?

And lifewise : loose more great job opportunities and let my body etc get completely destroyed while try to let the withdrawal pass while I sleep and eat for a year not leaving my room,....  or trying to go back on some SSRI ?  or holding on ... is it getting Close to end of withdrawal ?

Very grateful to your answer as sooon as possible !

kindest regrads

//trying to survive but again doubting if I can

• Moderator Emeritus

Well I can see a lot of trying different pills to fix how you feel - whether that be psych meds or supplements.  I dont see a lot of non drug techniques in your summary nor do I see to much that might address the trauma you experience.  I know you are a therapist but you can't be your own therapist (in my view).

I have a history of childhood trauma and my recovery really moved forward when I faced that, sought help for it and did the work on it.   We have one nervous system and it bears the brunt of the trauma response and the withdrawal.   We cant work on only part of what has thrown it out of balance.  

Believe me, I know this can be a terrifying idea.

I think you need to expand the way you are looking at your recovery.   You will not discovery the one drug that will fix this.  You need to work on the collection of things that are going to lay the ground work for your recovery and enable your body/mind to heal.   It wont happen over night - there is not quick fix to be had.   But if you don't start the journey you cant hope to get to the end of it.

Dig deep, find the courage to explore the 100 little things that will help you recover.  Good therapy is one of them.  How about you explore non drug ways of addressing symptoms and make a list here in your thread.

Dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

My mood is not reliable and everything feels overwhelming. I am also feeling asocial and scared to be among people :((( is this normal and will it pass?...

No patience and I am like a scared child. Please very grateful to some reassurance about this social anxiety.

This all sounds fairly typical of withdrawal, to me anyway, I've been through this and still feel like this when I'm in a wave. It will pass as you continue to recover.

what can me me ? emotional instability? ADHD /ADD/ Asperger? Bipolar ? I fit into all diagnosis like this :////

Withdrawal can mimic lots of other conditions and illnesses. Most people in withdrawal fit the criteria for these and other conditions, at times and when symptoms are bad, but its withdrawal and as symptoms change, you could then attach other labels to yourself. After I quit lexapro I got a diagnosis of ADHD and started taking the drugs for that. Without going into details, I will say they didn't really help and over time caused more damage to my NS.

You are drug free for 3 months after 13 years of fluoxetine, followed by several months of experimenting with other drugs and supplements. This is what I did. I stopped taking the antidepressant I had been on for 13 years, but then tried managing symptoms for the next two years with other drugs and supplements, not knowing it was withdrawal, doing further damage to my nervous system with all the changes. This sounds like what you have been doing. Withdrawal followed by more damage from destabilizing drugs and supplement changes.

But you say you are feeling better than when you first came off the drug, so that's good, you have started to recover.

When I finally found this site and stopped trying to fix myself with pills, it took over a year before I even started to feel better, so I think you are doing well.

So I want to reinforce what Dalsaan is telling you, complete recovery is going to happen when you stop trying to swallow it in a pill. Recovery from antidepressants is what happens over time when you provide your brain and nervous system with a healthy drug free and stress free environment.

While you are going through withdrawal, its probably not a good idea to attempt any kind of therapy which causes more stress. I tried doing some TRE (trauma release) while I still had very bad withdrawal symptoms, and it made me worse, so I stopped. Working on your childhood trauma is important, but not if it makes your withdrawal symptoms worse, you could wait a while for that. If you can find a good therapist who will help you to deal with what you are going through now, that might be better and leave the more stressful kind of recovery work for when you are healed from withdrawal.

You have just started a new job in a new country, that would be stressful for someone not in withdrawal, this is not something which supports recovery. But in time when you get settled in your new job and country, you will probably start to feel better and your recovery from withdrawal will move a little faster.

At 3 months out, I would be looking for therapies and activities which are calming and pleasant. The same goes with supplements. If magnesium helps your body to relax, or helps you to sleep better, then keep taking it, but you have to decide for yourself if its helping you feel better, or making you feel worse.  Everyone is different with what supplements help them, so we can't tell you what to keep taking and what to stop. But no supplement is going to cure you, that takes time. If a supplement is good for you it means it makes one or some of your symptoms a little easier to tolerate as you are slowly recovering.

For me personally I have been able to take magnesium, it helps me to sleep better and when my symptoms are very bad, its physically calming. But I have to be careful because if I take too much during the day, it makes me depressed. I get depressed as part of withdrawal now anyway, and too much magnesium can make it worse. Fish oil is not good for me, I've tried several times to take it, but it makes my symptoms worse. At first vitamin D also made my symptoms worse, it ramped up my anxiety, but I'm deficient too. But now I'm further along in recovery, I can take it, but I started slowly with 500IU a day, increasing a little every week. Now I take 2500IU a day and it seems to be helping my mood or at least its not making me feel worse now.

So you see there is no simple answer about supplements, you need to get in touch with your own body and find out what's going to work best for you over time... and it may change as your recovery progresses.

We can only guide you and make suggestions and now its time for you to do as Dalsaan suggested and change the way you are looking at recovery... like your own unique journey of self discovery where you gently and kindly find out who you are and what works best for you. Its going to take as long as it takes, and no one can predict how long that will be, but in the mean time, you can help it along by taking care of yourself in the kinds of ways we suggest here.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

I lost the Job because I am not ******* functioning ! I am soooooooo ******* tired of this reality I am not functioning because Healthcare destroyed me ????

Are you doing OK now?

Aren't u motivated to write something together about this so all the suffering has been /is worth something?

I already have title in my head for the book or whatever we would do but I am not strong enough to do it my self...:/