SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Acupuncture

Hopeful

NEW POST

Someone asked about acupuncture in a health group I’m a member of. In the group we all have HIT (histamine intolerance). Susan, one of the group members responded with what I strung together to become this lovely essay. It contains wise words for anyone with any sort of unique health challenge. I know there are many folks who read this blog with unique health challenges. So where it refers to HIT just insert whatever not-so-common health condition you are faced with and heed the wonderful suggestions that Susan makes.

I’d like to add here, given there are a lot of readers of this blog that have psych drug withdrawal issues that some of us find that we cannot tolerate acupuncture at all during acute phases of illness. Multiple sensitivities can also make herbs quite risky. It’s worth being aware of these issues too.

ORIGINAL LINK: http://wp.me/p5nnb-9GI
(includes photos)

By Susan Tenney Advice on how to approach your acupuncturist

First of all, let me say that I ALWAYS agree that you need to trust YOUR reaction. My well-meaning acupuncturist, who is a god send for my family, is great with acute care but over many many months of working with him on my skin issues, which were worsening, I stumbled onto the issue of histamine intolerance and realized that the herbs were probably worsening the condition. For example two products in my remedy were cinnamon and licorice which for the general public would be really fine. But for me they are triggers – low level, so hard to identify, but triggers nonetheless. So… you have to be sure to follow what YOU feel, regardless.

Also, there are MANY levels of expertise out there. People with our condition are NOT the general population so we need experienced practitioners with a seriously deep well of experience AND a creative approach to healing. If they are following the formulas they learned in school, I’ll bet they don’t take you very far.

But with the right person, and by that I do not mean the biggest and best expert but the person with whom YOU feel the best, acupuncture can be a truly transformative remedy. It will not always make you feel perfect – this healing journey of ours DOES include ups and downs. But sessions should steadily bring you toward a better state. If you are seeing regular reactions, you MUST speak with your person about it. Explain that your condition means that you do not respond like the general population and that you need a real fresh approach. Have them ask their colleagues. Have them try new point approaches. If they are the right person for you, they will do their best AND refer you on if they think they cannot help.

Also there are a couple more things. One is going to the origin of your symptoms. If your acupuncturist only treats the symptoms, forget it. Move to someone else. They should be working HARD on getting to the root of your metabolic imbalance. They should be researching how to stabilize you DEEPLY, not just to have the heat released (that is relatively standard operating procedure) but working to feel out WHY you have that deep heat. Again, if they are not creative and adventurous, you might be better with someone else.

And more and more I really deeply believe you MUST work with someone who listens to your emotional work. Who realizes that your emotions can be CAUSED by your condition as they stimulate all sorts of emotional wind up, but then those same emotions, if left unchecked and un-dealt-with can then further aggravate the balance of chi in your body. That doesn’t mean they have to become your therapist. But it does mean that they can listen a bit and understand that your emotional state will seriously drive your healing – up OR down.

Finally, find someone who really understands the depth of complexity of women’s health. I am finding that my male acupuncturist, kind and gentle and as good of a father and husband as he is, just didn’t get the female stuff as deeply as he needed to. I went to my old female acupuncturist, and on the PHONE she cleared up some things he hadn’t caught seeing me 1 or 2 times a week for two years. Not saying it is a gender thing, there are women practitioners who don’t get it and male practitioners who do! But if you feel like they don’t really get it? Keep looking!

All of this says that you have to find a real partner in your healing process. That is not always easy to find. Even if you live in a large city with tons of people to choose from. But if you have the right person, and you FEEL safe and productive with them, then acupuncture can be amazing. Right now, even as a 20 year professional in a related field (I do acupressure, mostly with animals) I realize I need to find a new partner myself.

So I hope that helps.  I know how wonderful acupuncture is, I also know that it is not for everyone. Or perhaps more accurately, it is not for all periods of the healing process and certainly not with just any old practitioner, no matter how nice they are and how sincerely they wish to help. They just may not have the skills to help our like. I feel like I live on the fringe a bit, and that is a good thing! But I do best when I find practitioners who are comfortable there too.

So if you are seeing that reactions are becoming common, take a break! And feel like you can really have a heart to heart with your practitioner. They MUST be your partner, or you have the wrong person. I do not know you well enough to know if you are a fringe-er like me or more mainstream but our bodies, in any case, are NOT responding in the “common” way. We need practitioners who are excited about that, not ones who scratch their heads and shrug their shoulders.

See also: Medical compliance? Adherence? No. My MDs are my PARTNERS

Susan Tenney, CMT works internationally as a practitioner of Five Element acupressure for animals. She teaches classes for animal lovers of all ages and offers an online certification program through her company Elemental Acupressure. Learn more about her courses, books and acupressure charts at www.ElementalAcupressure.com and www.facebook.com/elemental.acu In the process of working with her health issues for the past 20 years, she  has consulted many helpful and competent practitioners of acupuncture. She uses holistic medicine almost exclusively for her family’s health care.

ORIGINAL LINK: http://wp.me/p5nnb-9GI
(includes photos)

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Gia-

I am considering acupuncture to help with withdrawal symptoms- mainly anxiety and this burning feeling on my skin. I was looking through the forums looking for anything on acupuncture & came across your post. In your experience might it help with these symptoms? 

Jan. 1994 Pamelor

2000 switched to Zoloft 

2011 Zoloft pooped out- Dr. switched me directly to Lexapro15mg -had a horrible 6mths

2013 upped Lexapro to 20 mgs-pooped out

June 2013 Dr. added 150 Wellbutrin to Lexapro.

July 2013 Switched back to Zoloft 100mgs.Was still taking Wellbutrin. Lots of anxiety from the Wellbutrin

July 2013 Started to wean Wellbutrin- off by Sept.

Oct. 2013 added 400 mgs of Neurotin to the Zoloft

Jan 2014 Tapered off of the Zoloft and onto Prozac 30 mgs. Also still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Feb 2014 Reduced Prozac to 13 mgs. Still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Aug. 2014 Prozac 13 mgs. Finished with Neurotin. .7 Risperadol

it could, yes...but as I mentioned at the beginning acupuncture is not always tolerated at certain junctures during the withdrawal healing process...find someone who seems to understand your sensitivity and who will work with you understanding that it might not work out at this time...

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

or I should say...find someone who BELIEVES you about your sensitivity and is willing to work with you with it...because no one seems to really understand these issues...

Hopefully this guy will. He was a hospital  nurse for 30 years before going back to study oriental medicine.He is now listed as an Oriental Medicine Physican. I would think he has seen about everything. I am finding that nurse's seem to listen to you way more than Dr's do. Thanks for your advice!!

Jan. 1994 Pamelor

2000 switched to Zoloft 

2011 Zoloft pooped out- Dr. switched me directly to Lexapro15mg -had a horrible 6mths

2013 upped Lexapro to 20 mgs-pooped out

June 2013 Dr. added 150 Wellbutrin to Lexapro.

July 2013 Switched back to Zoloft 100mgs.Was still taking Wellbutrin. Lots of anxiety from the Wellbutrin

July 2013 Started to wean Wellbutrin- off by Sept.

Oct. 2013 added 400 mgs of Neurotin to the Zoloft

Jan 2014 Tapered off of the Zoloft and onto Prozac 30 mgs. Also still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Feb 2014 Reduced Prozac to 13 mgs. Still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Aug. 2014 Prozac 13 mgs. Finished with Neurotin. .7 Risperadol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Zoe,

I am an acupuncturist and I have been through multiple drug withdrawals. Being a part of a community of acupuncturists has enabled me to see what acupuncture can and can not do for ME. I am able to get it a lot and I am able to experiment with techniques and "protocols" and different styles. At this point I have discovered what does and doesn't work for me... And interestingly I see the same trend when I treat others.

I get hit hard with withdrawal symptoms and it does help me with nausea, anxiety, being teary eyed, aches and pains... And I get it done multiple times a week while going through acute withdrawal.

I work in a community clinic and treat people who have anxiety every single day I am there. It helps. For some it helps them get through the day, for others it's a life changer...

Of course there is the challenge of finding the right fit and I hope you do find someone who is knowledgable and will treat you with respect regardless of any diagnosis or symptom you speak about... Because acupuncture helps.

Now herbs... That's another story. I stay off herbs during withdrawal because there are quite a many formulas that contain herbs that change liver metabolism. And as someone said above licorice and cinnamon even caused a sensitivity. What amazing bodies we have.

I hope you find a great practitioner!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to try a local acupuncturist soon, really hoping to see a little relief.  

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm meeting with an acupuncturist on Monday and in the mean time I've been reading around a bit.  I've seen a couple ear charts that list a sympathetic pressure point, which apparently helps "balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system."  I believe this is a point one would stimulate with an ear bead rather than a needle.  Has anyone tried this?  Given Alto's theory about the over-stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system it seems like it could be helpful.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

• Administrator

My acupuncturist dismissed the ear treatment. He said each person requires personalized treatment at different points.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 5 months later...

i've been going to acupuncture weekly for over 7 months now. i lie on my back and they usually do a calming treatment. I've done it lying face down twice before but those treatments didn't seem to do anything for me. every now and then it seems like it is REALLY effective - like too calming and i feel loopy and out of it for about an hour or so after. sometimes i even feel i need to concentrate on breathing like my lungs need me to help them out. has anyone experienced this?

on 37.5 - 50mg zoloft/sertraline for GAD from 3/1996 to 4/2013 (17 years) 

too fast taper from 1/13-4/13

• 1 month later...

I don't know which way to go next when it comes to my accupuncture txs; (Rhi suggested I start a topic but I felt it would be more appropriate to add to this one).  It's hard to know just what I'm getting out of them; the last two times I felt I could have been overstimulated but I'm not sure because it could have been withdrawal symptoms.  It has been helpful for my migraines and the provider says low energy is a problem for migraines sufferers so she has focused on increasing energy.  I feel pretty good energy

wise, just foggy/not focused, then like today I plummet down, down, down.  The continuous after effects from the damn AD's that revved my system for 25 years and I still have to be on a 4mg taper of Prozac.  Sometimes I wonder if the Prozac is bringing me down now like I felt the Pristiq finally bring me down last year.  But anyway, I'm babbling, and I will discuss this with the accupuncturist

who I feel good about so far...

On SSRI's/SNRI's for @ 25 years, first Prozac 18 years

Took Pristiq last 3 years, had increase in severe migraines

Started tapering Pristiq 100 mg every other day, was ok

Tried Topamax for 2 weeks, but side effects intolerable

Continued taper, able to tolerate 100mg every 4th day

At 6 weeks cut 100mg tab to 50mg & had bad reaction

Only taking 25mg sumatriptan or 0.5mg Ativan as needed

4 weeks later withdrawal worse, where do I go from here?

Stabilizing on 4mg Prozac, NO triptans, NO Ativan

3.6mg hold since June 18

• Moderator Emeritus

I have seen an acupuncturist on and off for maybe 7 or 8 months now.  It has, at times, been very, very helpful.  I've had at least two treatments that have dramatically improved things for me, opening up nice big windows.  I find that if I don't go for a while (at least a month) I experience more benefits.  If I begin to go weekly the treatments seem to become less effective, and then eventually they start to destabilize me.  I've had two treatments that really set me back, the first time was with a new and unfamiliar acupuncturist, and the second time was a few days after I'd miscalculated my nightly dose of Effexor.  A month later and I'm still suffering from the wave reared up by the botched dose/latest acupuncture session, I'm nervous about returning for another appointment.  Anyway, it's clearly very powerful and certainly worth experimenting with.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

Back down to 75 mgs

• 2 weeks later...

I went to an acupuncturist an hour away (group on deal) and it cleared up my costochondritis. I want so much to go back but in my state, it is very expensive.

Off abilify in March 2014 after 5 years.

• 3 months later...

I'm curious whether folks have had success with acupuncture, and to what degree? Given its cost, I want to be careful that it is worth an attempt.

If successful, how long did it take?

• 3 months later...

http://www.lesliemcgeeacupuncture.com/contact/

chinese Medicine can help you understand SSRI Withdrawal Syndrome. In turn, once you understand the process, you may be able to find additional strategies to help you with the symptoms, as you work with your prescribing doctor to lower your dose or stop these medications.

SSRI is an acronym that stands for ‘Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor”. These are drugs that are very commonly used to treat depression. There are a number of these drugs, trade names include Paxil, Prozac, Cymbalta, and Effexor. In recent years I have worked with clients who have had a really tough time stopping these medications. I have found that acupuncture can be quite helpful, and in this article I’d like to share my experience and ideas about how acupuncture can help.

If you google “SSRI withdrawal symptoms” you will find a host of articles and blogs devoted to this topic. Although the pharmaceutical companies would rather you not hear about problems when people stop these drugs, it is clear that many people have trouble with a sudden cessation, or even a gradual reduction, of these medications. I should also point out that the drugs that seem to cause the most discomfort are not just SSRI’s. Some of these drugs inhibit the re-uptake (and therefore increase available levels) of other neurotransmitters as well, including norepinephrine and dopamine. Effexor is one of these more complex drugs. When a drug has been altering your brain’s balance of several key neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, it is completely upsetting when the drug is suddenly discontinued.

The symptoms of withdrawal of these medications can be very disturbing and even intolerable. People report dizziness, nausea, sweating, insomnia, and something many describe as “brain shocks” or “brain shivers”. It is important to taper your dose of these drugs very gradually, maybe even more gradually than the regular pill dosage allows. I have one client who tapered to 37.5 mg, and then when her doctor suggested she just stop at that point, the withdrawal symptoms became intolerable. She resorted to opening the capsule and using a portion of the little granules in the capsule each day. Her measurements were not precise but the withdrawal discomforts were lessened. It would be wise to consult a pharmacist about how you might create an accurate reduced dose. A compounding pharmacy could help you do this.

The brain is amazing and complex, but sometimes a simple Chinese concept can bring insight into its function and health. In Chinese medicine we always come back to yin and yang. Yin is cool, moist, substantial, and still. Yang is hot, dry, immaterial, and active. Our brain is happiest when its yin and yang properties are balanced. Enough yin to allow us to rest and be calm. Enough yang to give us mental focus and energy.

These SSRI withdrawal symptoms sound like an example of either too much yang disturbing the brain (insomnia, dizziness, weird shock sensations) OR too little yin to give the brain the nourishment and quietness to cope with life.

Acupuncture theory discusses how several meridians “deliver water, or yin, to the brain”. When I first encountered this withdrawal syndrome I used acupuncture points to bring yin-coolness and yin-stillness to the brain. We found that this was a very effective strategy.

Another simple safe way to nourish the yin of the brain is to take a good quality fish oil supplement. The omega-3 fatty acids unique to fish are wonderful brain food, and work to nourish and stabilize the yin substance of the brain. Good brands are Nordic Naturals, Carlson’s, or the Costco brand Kirkland.

I want to emphasize that tapering these drugs over several months, or even for an entire year, may be necessary. Please work closely with your doctor and/or pharmacist to assist you in developing a tapering schedule and help you calibrate the doses. Consider adding acupuncture to support the journey.  And don’t give up. You can get off these drugs.

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi lionofjuda,

In the above post you have linked to the contact details of a Chinese medicine practice and there take on withdrawal. What connection do you have to this practice? If you have engaged their services have they helped? If so, how (in what way, to what effect)

Just posting a blurb from there site doesn't really position us to understand what you are advocating and on what basis. Key questions for any practice/practitioner claiming a capacity to positively influence the course of withdrawal

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• 1 month later...

I am going for my first accupuncture treatment tomorrow. My initial reason was for heart palpitations, nausea, burning skin and anxiety. That has calmed down since I booked, but I know it will be back anytime. From what I have read when I discuss this whole issue I want calming treatments with nothing stimulating such as treating depression. Not to stimulate the vagus nerve, but calm it? I already know I won't be taking any herbs as I am sensitive anyways. Is there any more suggestions for me before I take the plunge? I really hope it helps for the heart racing and nausea. Thanks Annie

1998-2013 Various antidepressants switches and CTs.

Benzo addiction unknowingly trying to cover withdrawals in 2011

January 2012,, 25 mg Zoloft , March 2012, Remeron 7.5 to sleep and 1 mg Clonazepam.

Tapered Clonazepam from April to June 2012 from 1 mg to .25 mg (stuck)

September to October 2012 tapered Remeron 7.5 mg to 5 mg. December upped to .75 mg Clonazepam due to mothers passing of cancer.

February 2013 to December 2013 tapered off 25 mg Zoloft

January 2014 to March 2014 tapered off 5 mg Remeron Doing not to bad, not perfect but okay. Here is where I screw up May 2014 to October 2014 tapered Clonazepam from .75 mg to .25 mg. Rapidly worsening every week. January 2015 updosed Clonazepam to .5 mg. Big Mistake - Holding

Currently .25 mg  Clonazepam 11 pm at night (give or take an hour)  and .25 mg 9 am in the morning (give or take an hour)

Hope this isn't to confusing.

I wanted to add my experience so far with acupuncture (needles, chinese medicine) - it has helped me very much with withdrawals. but I need to do this very often, because the effect wears off. I had 2 weeks acupuncture every day, at the same time I cut my dose. and I was feeling quite fine!! which was amazing. I think it regulated sleep very well, and I wasn't so tired, and didn't have cognitive problems like usual in withdrawal. but after this 2 weeks the effect started wearing off after half a week. about 1,5 weeks later I was feeling quite bad - so I went for another round and it helped again. 

so I'll see how it goes but my hopes are high that it helps me to go through withdrawals a little easier and less painful. my doctor is well aware that coming off antidepressants is hard and may take a long time, so that's good (although she doesn't know specifics, like 10% decrease, she seems to be open to that idea). it will cost me a lot of money, but I need something to keep me functional, and to work (I started new work this year). and to suffer less. 

btw, I'm also taking some herbs. I guess those are also doing something. 

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

When I last went for acupuncture, my left arm was really sore after the needle went into my wrist. When I asked what organ this point relates to, he said the heart. If the heart is healed everything else follows..I will ask him when I go back how I can help to heal my heart :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• 1 month later...

Somewhere along my research I saw a guide or information to give to the acupuncturist to show them what they need to do to assist with WD. Can someone point me in the right direction for finding that please.

40 years old and have been on 20 mg of Paxil for the last 19 years. Multiple unsuccessful attempts to quit over the years.01/2015 Was tapering using liquid Paxil. MD has prescribed 1 ml = 2mg taper every two weeks or once withdrawal symptoms at that dose subside. Reduced from 20 to 10 mg using this method and at 10 mg severe withdrawal set in. 1.5 months of pure hell. Found SA, learned what was happening, and reinstated to 20 mg. After a month of severe symptoms recovered with the reinstatement. Fish oil - Multi Vitamin - Pro-biotic, amino-acid/B Vitamin supplement every day. Magnesium as needed.08/09/15 - 18 mg - 09/08/15 - 16.4 mg - 10/10/15 - 15 mg - 01/02/16 - 13.6 mg 02/15/16 - 12.0 mg - Bad symptom flare up 40 days into drop - Dizziness, panic/anxiety, overheating (esp at night), low appetite, headache, insomnia with bizarre dreams, internal shaking. 04/16/16 - 11mg - 7/17/16 - 10 mg holding.....

• 1 month later...
LifeWave Patches

Has anybody had any experience with these patches? Sounds interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owjw_VrXiHo

Male

On Citalopram from 2008-2011 (age 19-23) for anxiety

Started on 20mg but was on 60mg at one point

Knew nothing about discontinuation and wasn't given much help from doctor

Tried stopping on my own after being stable on one pill a day (20mg)

Went horribly wrong and had to reinstate

Tried "tappering" on my own as doctor new nothing by taking half pills and skipping days

Managed to quit this way over 3 to 4 months

Had horrible reaction and began withdrawal hell

Found Paxil Progress after a month or so not understanding why symptoms wasn't going away

Mentally better but recently ran into huge fatigue problems after gradual onset. Now homebound

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/3-introductions-and-updates/

• 5 months later...

I've been off Zoloft since February 2013....we made a transatlantic move in June.....the adjustment was very difficult..... and I was finally experiencing some peace during the past month. Then Wednesday.....two days ago....I went for acupuncture treatment for anxiety and fatigue. The therapy lasted 2.5 hours. She used cupping with electric stimulation and also needles. Since then, I've been experiencing the same symptoms I had when I was tapering. Eye twitching, waking up at 3 am with pounding heart, fatigue, flu like symptoms, brain fog, tearfulness, irritability, just can't cope ar do anything besides lie down. I don't know if this is making any sense because I can not think straight. I am terrified that this is not going to go away. Can anyone out there relate?

June, 1998 zoloft 50 mg. Had entered menopause, was irritable and anxious

Summer 2010, added welbutrin to zoloft, switched to effexor,did not work
9/ 2010 zoloft 75 mg. 11/25/10 50 mg.  12/30 45
1/19/11 40.5 2/6 36.5 3/7 32.8
3/29 29.5 4/20 25 5/28 22.5
6/16 20.2 7/7 18.2 7/28 16.4
8/18 14.7 9/8 13.0 9/23 12.5
10/10 11.2 11/6 10.6 11/9 11.2
12/7 10.5 1/1/12 10 2/1 9.5
3/1 9 3/23 8.5 4/30 5/29 7.5 6/26 7 7/31 6.5
8/22 6 9/15 5.5 10/2012/17 4.8 (switched to homemade liquid) 2/8/2013 zoloft free

• Moderator Emeritus

Personally, I've never had acupuncture, but have read here that it can increase withdrawal symptoms if you don't receive the calming kind of treatment. I'm sure these symptoms will settle down again in time.

See our acupuncture topic to find out what others have to say:  Acupuncture - Surviving Antidepressants *topics merged

~~~~~~

When you have a question or comment about a specific symptom, please search to see if we already have a related topic, we usually do.  Then you can benefit from previously collected information and add to the discussion.  This keeps the site organized with all available knowledge in one thread, easily accessible through searches.

The search function on this site doesn't work very well.  The best way to search this site for specific information  is to use Google. Type in survivingantidepressants.org then the symptom or information you wish to search for.

If after searching, you can't find what you're looking for, please start a new topic.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I had acupuncture for the first time last week which I was told would help with headaches.

No headaches so far but then I am in a window so can't be sure that it really worked.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

So, since I'd been sick, a friend suggested acupuncture as a way to help my body get over this lingering upper respiratory infection.  So, I told him I would look into and finally got on my health insurance website to see who they work with. And then an article came my way via the Facebook Mirtazapine Withdrawal page.  It pertains to acupuncture helping anxiety and depression, and so I thought I'd post it here. It would be interesting to see if acupuncture can help people in the neuro versions of these maladies.

http://www.acupuncture.org.uk/public-content/public-ask-an-expert/ask-an-expert-neuro-and-psycho-logical/ask-an-expert-neuro-and-psycho-logical-anxiety/3602-is-acupuncture-any-good-for-relieving-depression-or-anxiety.html

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Topics merged, please use search and add to existing topic if we have one.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

I love acupuncture and highly recommend it for withdrawal symptoms.

When my symptoms are most intense, especially with akathisia, acupuncture is the only things that will

absolutely give me at least a window of relief of a few hours (or more). 

Acupuncture is sometimes ridiculously expensive. Google "community acupuncture" to find clinics that

provide high-quality treatment in a group setting, to help minimize cost and help ensure that patients are

financially able to get treatment as often as needed. This is the way to go!!! 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 1 month later...

Hello, I've been seeing an acupuncturist for the last 8 or 9 months, every two weeks more or less, on recommendation from a number of people.

He is experienced in helping people withdraw from psych-drugs (and calls Venlafaxine the Darth Vader of anti-depressants). He says he works in a way that nourishes the body on a deep level as well as helping with the actual adjustment to reductions, when I have made them.

In my case, he consistently works on strengthening the heart-kidney connection, I don't know if that is a common one to work on... I increasingly wonder if the drugs are impeding the deeper healing he is promoting, i.e. I'll get more benefit as I get more of them out of my system, but have to weigh that up against the withdrawal effects.

I try not to analyse stuff too much as I can get stuck in that process so I leave it at that; however, though he has says he only uses nourishing 'background' herbs I feel that after reading this I need to ask him what the recipe actually is.

I can quite often feel a little worse that day (or just tired and relaxed) but then it helps - like it provokes a little healing crisis.

Maybe some of that information is helpful in your choices...

Drug history: 2006-7 Citalopram quickly replaced by Cymbalta (6 month taper); 2008-2010 Mirtazapine (year taper and easy really) and 2008-2011 Lamotrigine (six month taper) - recovery.

'Relapse' 2012 (life and body stress + trauma surfacing) Mirtazapine, Lamotrigine back! then 2013 lowish dose Venlafaxine very reluctantly added in (briefly Lithium, idiot psychiatrist)

Recent tapers: Lamotrigine 300mg to 200mg one step Aug 2015 (Impulsive but fine); Venlafaxine 112.5mg to 75mg Oct 2015 (bump down the line but pulled it round)

Lamotrigine 200mg to 175mg mid-Jan 2016 (OK); to 150mg mid-Feb 2016, then...to 125mg end-Feb 2016 - stopped there after CNS complained/hit something, will return to Lamotrigine last.

####

Current taper - Venlafaxine (you're going to say too quickly...) - every two weeks since 13 April 2016: 75mg -> 60 mg (20%); 47.5 mg (21%); 37.5 mg (21%); 25 mg (33%); 15 mg (40%) (8 June 2016) -  PANIC STATIONS - 9/7 75 mg (4 days) ...13/7 37.5 mg (1 day).... 14/7 25 mg (3 days)... 17/7 75 mg (2 days). Acupuncture exacerbating (and back to gentle herbs).

####

Also taking: 125mg Lamotrigine; 45mg Mirtazapine

Supplements: B-complex; magnesium-calcium-zinc; Ester-vit C; fermented cod liver oil; 'gentle nourishing' non-centrally acting herbs from acupuncturist/herbalist.

Moods/states of mind unstable but meds helped only to a point this time & perhaps over-sensitised my system.When CNS adjusts/for whatever reason I feel better for reductions - clearer and more myself.

Psycho-somatic trauma processing, energy healing, acupuncture, herbs and supplements, diet and nature the way forward.

I also have found acupuncture to be incredibly helpful during wd.  I go once a week and take herbs that are formulated for me by a separate acupuncturist in the same office.  .   I also get Reflexology at the end of my treatment by my acupuncturist.    My acupuncturist did not know about medication wd syndrome and I have had to educate her.  She has been wonderful about learning about it and read the information on this site.

The treatments make me feel calm, resilient and clear headed.  Usually the day after a treatment I am tired but then feel better and better the days after.  I have gone into sessions at the height of wd symptoms and left feeling better.    My acupuncturist talks a lot about moving stagnation in the body and I feel that fits for what my medications to to my energy. 

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

• Moderator Emeritus

So glad so many people are finding help from acupuncture. 

My acupuncturists will often work on points on the liver meridian. The liver itself is involved somehow in metabolizing the drugs and needs lots of healing.

I find acupuncture so, so relaxing.  :wub:

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

A very positive study on the benefits of acupuncture in withdrawal:

https://www.healthcmi.com/Acupuncture-Continuing-Education-News/1626-acupuncture-prevents-depression-after-antidepressant-cessation

Note that the daily acupuncture treatments will likely be unattainable for most, but my guess is that there are benefits to be had even with less frequent application.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

Very cool, Andy.

• 1 month later...

Could any of the herbs often recommended to be taken along with acupuncture treatment tend to have any side effects upon stopping after a year?

I love acupuncture and highly recommend it for withdrawal symptoms.

When my symptoms are most intense, especially with akathisia, acupuncture is the only things that will

absolutely give me at least a window of relief of a few hours (or more). 

Acupuncture is sometimes ridiculously expensive. Google "community acupuncture" to find clinics that

provide high-quality treatment in a group setting, to help minimize cost and help ensure that patients are

financially able to get treatment as often as needed. This is the way to go!!! 

I love acupuncture and I use it 1 to 3 times a week because I go to a community acupuncture clinic that it's affordable. It is a life saver If i have a stressful situation  or interaction at work, I believe that it helps me recover faster from stress!  

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue

• 2 weeks later...

My acupuncturist has been a Godsend.  I asked her about getting off Zoloft and she was very very knowledgeable about SSRI's.  She said that they should only be prescribed as a temporary stop gap treatment--not lifelong therapy.  She started getting into GABA and how a single trauma when I was a child may have set me on the course to panic and anxiety.  She said I was blood deficient, from stress and anxiety, and told me not to taper until my body had strengthened enough to withstand the inevitable w/d effects.  She put me on Floradix for three months, and just this week with my PCP's permission, we began the taper.  She had nothing much good to say about SSRI's.  She said acupuncture alone with no herbs will be enough to quell the waves of withdrawal.  I trust her--she cured my sleep apnea,  Then she cured my TMJ.  I am hoping the taper from Zoloft will help with the only thing she hasn't been able to cure, the ringing in my ears.  She admitted it may not ever go away.  She has rightfully earned my confidence.  I am afraid she may move to Sloan Kettering--hopefully not until I am healed!!

Began Paxil for situational panic attacks in 2000. Then psych put me on Prozac to transition me to Lexapro in 2008. I forget the dosage of Paxil and Lexapro. Switched to100mg Sertraline since 2011.

75Mg taper began 06/21/2016. 67.5 mg taper began 07/10/2016. 61mg taper began 08/01/2016. 54mg taper began 08/24/2016. 48mg taper began 09/06/2016. 44mg taper began 09/20/2016. 40mg taper began 10/11/2016. 35mg began 10/25/2016. 25 mg began 11/15/2016.  20 mg began 12/03/2016.  12.5 mg began 12/22/2016.  DRUG FREE JANUARY 16, 2017!!

Began daily meditation 12/01/2016.  Very helpful!!

Prayer, always, and Acupuncture, as needed.<p>Isaiah 50:7 (NLT): Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph!

• 3 months later...

I went for my first acupuncture session today, felt really good and refreshed.I highly recommend it to everyone.I had some doubts about it whether it helps relieve stress and so but after the 10min introduction stage I felt really good,It lasted 40min.If you've had similar experience how long lasted your session?

Edited by scallywag
moved from Homeopathy topic

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy