Hopeful

Acupuncture

BfromNJ
39 minutes ago, Floss said:

Thank you for the reply, did it settle back down again for you , trying not to panic 😩

Yes it did.    Of course it comes and goes anyway, being in waves and windows. But I wasnt gonna risk it anymore.  

Floss

Ok thank you, I don’t seem to notice a waves and windows pattern my symptoms just seem to very gradualy get less intense it’s been 5 months since I stopped taking anything and it was getting better but now it feels like the same intensity as the first 3 months . Hopefully it will settle like yours did 🤞

ChessieCat

@Floss

These are posts made elsewhere in this topic:

On 7/16/2011 at 10:08 AM, Altostrata said:

Make absolutely sure your acupuncturist understands you want calming treatments, not stimulating treatments. Some may make the same mistake doctors do, thinking your "depression" needs some kind of stimulation.

and

On 7/16/2011 at 2:29 AM, Baxter said:

I had wonderful success with acupuncture. What I learned from fellow AD w/d sufferers before I went was make sure that they understand that you do NOT want detoxification. That can really cause problems while you're super-sensitive to chemicals of all kinds, including your own(!).

Floss

Thank you what do they mean about the chemicals ? I didn’t really state anything just explained the situation and he did mention something about the liver and internal wind, so I didn’t think he would be working on the nervous system. Really wishing I hadn’t bothered now , hopefully it will calm down again. I don’t think I’ll be going back!thank you for the info 😊