☼ Rbvdk: PGAD/PSSD or OCD?

Rbvdk

8 hours ago, Hopefull said:

Hi  

How are you doing? Any improvement as yet?

Hopefull. 

Hi :) No, no improvements, the only good things I get are random months (or weeks) where I feel almost normal but they always seems to follow with the worst months ever. Overall, I'm still the same and the intensity is still as bad as it's always been. The only pgad symptoms that have seem to have gone away are, the arousal in/around my uterus/lower abdomen and the "thought flares" - I don't know how to explain them but sometimes lots of certain thoughts would sort of give me a zap of pgad. I'm starting to think I'll be one of these people who just have it forever. 😕

Thanks for checking on me! Hope you're doing well! :)

16.4.14 - 25.4.15 Took Paxil (??mg) - cold turkey. Had random pgad symptoms around this time but not sure when exactly.

?.5.14: Started Citalopram (10mg) / 17.5.14: Quickly upped to 20mg  / 9?.15: upped to 30mg. 

8.16: Tapered off Citalopram in less than 2 weeks / 9.16: straight back on 20mg for just a week then stopped cold turkey. 11.16 Very mild pgad, PN symptoms and other withdrawals started.

7.12.16: Took Amitriptyline 10mg for just 2 days then stopped cold turkey.

14.12.16: reinstated 5mg of Citalopram / 1?.16: 10mg Citalopram / ?.16: 20mg Citalopram. 3.17 (6 months since withdrawing) pgad hit.

8.2.18: 15mg Citalopram / 8.3.18: 10mg / 8.4.18: 5mg / 12?.5.18: 2.5mg / 19.5.18: 0mg. pgad worsened almost instantly from first tapper, all sorts of PN symptoms, earworm, tinnitus, other things, coming and going until late 9.18 (4 months since 0mg) where it all got SO MUCH worse for 1.11 years (with windows and waves).

1.9.20: 99% healed ❤️

31.5.21: Smoked weed 5 out of 9 days. Pgad and other old withdrawals came back, plus developed akathesia & fibromyalgia.

7.22: Steadily recovering again ❤

2.23: Acute withdrawals coming back, no apparent reason.

Just want to post this as I use my thread for a lot of my references to my withdrawals. :)

I made this chart from Feb 2018 (when I first lowered my dose) to November 2019, of my PGAD severity. I noticed the times it spikes to it's worse is in/around the 6 month, 12 month and 18 month marks. It seems to get better before it gets worse too. Some symptoms of PGAD have gone and seemed to either have stayed gone or are having much longer windows.

Here's a list of the symptoms that I no longer have from the first window to when they went away completely:

- Arousal/itchy swelling feeling in lower abdomen (Jan 19 - Aug 19)

- Sugar sensitivity (to PGAD) (Aug 19)

- Stuck feeling in urethra (Jul 18 - ??? 19 - didn't even notice it go but it must have been a long time)

- Headzaps (Oct 18? - Aug 19)

- "Thought flares" where almost every thought would cause a huge zap of PGAD (May 19)

- Yellow undigested stools (Aug 19)

Then I have these symptoms that are still on going but have had windows:

- Tinnitus 

- Sensitivity (window for the first time ever!!! In Sep 19 till Nov 19)

- Exessive discharge

- Poofiness during ovulation

- Period PGAD flares

- Red burning knees

Symptoms that don't seem to be improving:

- Earworm (although it's not as loud and there have been very brief moments without it)

- PGAD/flares/constant arousal

Screenshot_20191208-080428_Chart Maker.jpg

16.4.14 - 25.4.15 Took Paxil (??mg) - cold turkey. Had random pgad symptoms around this time but not sure when exactly.

?.5.14: Started Citalopram (10mg) / 17.5.14: Quickly upped to 20mg  / 9?.15: upped to 30mg. 

8.16: Tapered off Citalopram in less than 2 weeks / 9.16: straight back on 20mg for just a week then stopped cold turkey. 11.16 Very mild pgad, PN symptoms and other withdrawals started.

14.12.16: reinstated 5mg of Citalopram / 1?.16: 10mg Citalopram / ?.16: 20mg Citalopram. 3.17 (6 months since withdrawing) pgad hit.

8.2.18: 15mg Citalopram / 8.3.18: 10mg / 8.4.18: 5mg / 12?.5.18: 2.5mg / 19.5.18: 0mg. pgad worsened almost instantly from first tapper, all sorts of PN symptoms, earworm, tinnitus, other things, coming and going until late 9.18 (4 months since 0mg) where it all got SO MUCH worse for 1.11 years (with windows and waves).

31.5.21: Smoked weed 5 out of 9 days. Pgad and other old withdrawals came back, plus developed akathesia & fibromyalgia.

hi rbvdk

howz going everything...

for me right now i am having burning or pain like feeling right now in my private parts and little arousal feeling...how are you feeling...my pain and arousal feeling are some time mild and some time a little strong...how are you by the way

i took different antidepressants medications for depression and anciety 

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

Now i am antidepressants free 

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

i get stabbing pain in genital area which is interfering in my daily life..

and very mild arousals which dosent bother me.

21 hours ago, Mask said:

hi rbvdk

howz going everything...

for me right now i am having burning or pain like feeling right now in my private parts and little arousal feeling...how are you feeling...my pain and arousal feeling are some time mild and some time a little strong...how are you by the way

Hi, I'm so sorry you're going through another wave :( I'm ok, a little better than last month so far but it's probably too early to say. Would you say you're feeling better than your last wave? It's an amazing sign you had such a long window so I know how horrible the symptoms are but it sounds like another window is coming soon and you're going to be ok. :)

Hello rbvdk,

please can you tell me what are your pgad symptoms right now...i just want to know if they are like similar to me ...

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rbvdk

How is going every thing..

any improvment so far ?

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

On 12/14/2019 at 9:25 AM, Mask said:

Hello rbvdk,

please can you tell me what are your pgad symptoms right now...i just want to know if they are like similar to me ...

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I get strong unnatural arousal feelings usually around the urethra or higher. It can burn sometimes and it can be very overwhelming, almost like a constant orgasm. It's worse after wiping, sex and during panic attacks/anxiety. I had other problems with it but they've gone away over the year. I would have hypersensitivity on touch, arousal on touch and swelling, itchy, arousal feeling in my lower abdomen.

Hi rbvdk,

it will go away because i had myself experince these symptoms...everything will settle down with time...just keep going on...for me now my problem is feeling pressure and pain in genital area....its all because of ads withdrawal....our body keeps on fighting every time with every disease....i myself had experinced a huge window....for me it was like i am back in normal state...but its been a month i feel like i am again attacked by pgad...but i know because i had a window i will once again get better...God willing

i hope you get better and you will get better.. 

All the best

Best wishes to you

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

12 hours ago, Mask said:

Hi rbvdk,

it will go away because i had myself experince these symptoms...everything will settle down with time...just keep going on...for me now my problem is feeling pressure and pain in genital area....its all because of ads withdrawal....our body keeps on fighting every time with every disease....i myself had experinced a huge window....for me it was like i am back in normal state...but its been a month i feel like i am again attacked by pgad...but i know because i had a window i will once again get better...God willing

i hope you get better and you will get better.. 

All the best

Best wishes to you

Hi,

Thank you for giving me hope, I really need it right now. I think the window is a really good sign for you and hopefully this wave won't last too long or be as bad. Your windows will get longer, maybe this will even be your last wave!

Best wishes! :)

Hi rbvdk 

i hope you are doing well.. A kind request will you please decsribe your  drug history i just wanted to know for how long you were on ads or whatever...Thanks 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

hi rbvdk,

i hope you are doing well

how are you doing  these days

Best wishes to you from me

Mask

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

On 1/2/2020 at 7:44 AM, Mask said:

Hi rbvdk 

i hope you are doing well.. A kind request will you please decsribe your  drug history i just wanted to know for how long you were on ads or whatever...Thanks 

Hi hope you're doing well!

2014: Lowest dose of Paxil for 1 or 2 weeks, stopped cold turkey and ended up with slight PGAD, I only felt it 2 times for a second but nothing else since then.

About 1 month later I was put on Citalopram (celexa), my dose went from 10mg to 20mg quickly (about 2 weeks?) From 2014 to 2015.

2015: upped dose to 30mg

2016: came off CT in August. Went back on 20mg for a week in September but CT'd that too. In December I went back on 5mg and by February 2017 I weaned up to 20mg again.

March 2017: I was hit with my first bad wave of celexa-induced PGAD, it lasted a few hours and felt like an orgasm. This happened randomly once every 3 months but it got less intense and shorter each time.

2018: I started taking 5mg less from February to May. I started getting more pgad symptoms instantly since February but I tried to believe it was all in my head.

Then October I was hit with it worse than ever and have been like that ever since.

Sorry it's complicated but hope it helps. Please can I know yours? :) Are we similar at all?

Take care!

4 hours ago, Rbvdk said:

Hi hope you're doing well!

2014: Lowest dose of Paxil for 1 or 2 weeks, stopped cold turkey and ended up with slight PGAD, I only felt it 2 times for a second but nothing else since then.

About 1 month later I was put on Citalopram (celexa), my dose went from 10mg to 20mg quickly (about 2 weeks?) From 2014 to 2015.

2015: upped dose to 30mg

2016: came off CT in August. Went back on 20mg for a week in September but CT'd that too. In December I went back on 5mg and by February 2017 I weaned up to 20mg again.

March 2017: I was hit with my first bad wave of celexa-induced PGAD, it lasted a few hours and felt like an orgasm. This happened randomly once every 3 months but it got less intense and shorter each time.

2018: I started taking 5mg less from February to May. I started getting more pgad symptoms instantly since February but I tried to believe it was all in my head.

Then October I was hit with it worse than ever and have been like that ever since.

Sorry it's complicated but hope it helps. Please can I know yours? :) Are we similar at all?

Take care!

Hi Rbvdk,

best wishes to you

first of all i want to say that i am not using any kind of ads since two years...i am two years free from all kind of medicine...and then next thing is that i havent used any ad for long time...

i was having panic attacks and anxiety so i self medicated...i was very foolish...i thought i would get relief from this medicine that medicine by googling my symptoms and no ad helped me...i tried several ssri medicine each for almost 3 weeks and cold turkeid each medicine presuming i am not getting relief..i never stayed on ad for more then 3 weeks..i may have tried all ssri probably 4 ssri i tried but no relief so i gave up on ads drug...and i remember 2017 december was the last year i used any ad.as soon as i stop trying drugs i got severe pgad insomnia anxiety....i was very foolish i tried ads just because of social anxiety this was my main reason i tried the ads....otherwise i was ok....now its been 2 years thanks to Almighty God i havent used any ads...

2018 was the worst year for me after stopping the drugs and i can say 2019 was the most relaxing year for me in fact i enjoyed 2019...but again those symptoms are back though my sleep is good my anxiety levels are not much bad but burning sensation around the genital area is troublesome and very mild arousal symptoms ....

sorry for long post 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Rbvdk

when i first withdrew from ads in 2017 decmeber i was in very bad condition i couldnt sleep anxiety then at the end of 2018 suddenly my anxiety levels started to get lower suddenly i started sleeping very well i started to feel energy in my body...pgad suddenly  started to get low and then eventually it was gone....and i stopped visiting this site...i thought i have regained myself...i started to feel great...i thought this is over....and then suddenly again its  1 and half month my pgad is back after some great time....and i am again on this forum...i felt normal and good....but this problem is again back....arousals are mild sometime it get bad but not troubling me ..the burning sensation is troubling me right now....i defeated all these symptoms of pgad like burning sensation arousals before also so i know this is all related to pgad.....i hope this dosent last long.....what you say whats your opinion on this Rbvdk....i started beliving now that i am in wave and window situation...i dont want this wave to last long because its costing me my studies....i am student of master program and its costing me now

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi Rbvdk,

Howz going everything...

How are you 

how are you feeling

your wellwisher...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:23 AM, Mask said:

Hi Rbvdk,

Howz going everything...

How are you 

how are you feeling

your wellwisher...

Hi Mask, it definitely sounds like a wave to me! I really think you'll be ok soon, I don't know if anyone knows how long it'll take for it to go away again but most likely it'll be much shorter than the last time. IF it ever comes back again it'll be milder and milder until your last wave won't even bother you at all. This might even be your last wave though! Withdrawals are slightly different for everyone but the main thing is they will go away. I know it's caused by ADs and this is a wave but as I've said before, a LOT of people who have PGAD from ADs specifically have also got pelvic floor tension or tightness. One symptom of withdrawal is muscle tension. I'm not saying this is the whole cause of your wave but I'm saying it can contribute. All I recommend is try relaxing your pelvic floor as much as possible, check on it frequently. It'll help so much with healing faster and even the symptoms I imagine. You might not even realise how tense your pelvic floor is until you start doing this. I did it for a while and I think it helped but I quickly forgot to carry on while I was going through a window, I'll try and start doing it again now while I'm in such a bad wave.

Also your story gives me hope, I've had this for almost 2 years (since my last withdrawal) and I have no signs of it stopping, some symptoms I thought were gone have come back (but not as strong so I guess that is a good sign) but the main symptom of PGAD is still as intense and frequent as ever. The fact yours started going away quite suddenly makes me feel hopeful. One day you'll be a success story on here!

Take care!:)

Hi my friend 

RBVDK,

thanks for your support,yes i myself have started beliving that i am in wave,i have read on many sites about waves and window pattern and thats exactly what i am going through right now....its like first you have severe withdrawal which is unremitting,then after some time symptoms begin to break up in cycles...after severe withdrawal you have window for months then again symptoms come back....which is what i am going through right now...a wave...hopefully this wave will subside soon...

i was very surprised that when i was healed then why did it came back...but then you got to understand that you are in waves and window situation....sometime wave beacame so unbearable...and best wishes to you....i like you and i will pray for you as well 🙂....feel free to contact me anytime ...

your friend 🙂🌹

Mask

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rbvdk,

How are you doing...

i hope you are good

whats going on these days

how is your pgad.

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi! I'm not so good I guess. I'm reading that people normally heal gradually over 2 years however I really don't have any improvement and I'm at the 2 year mark of when I started tappering (when my PGAD started). My pgad is still as intense and actually more frequent than when it started. I'm starting to worry what's wrong with me because I'm not healing like everyone else. :( I think I started to possibly get windows (but it's hard to tell because something can still trigger it in that time and I can feel that it's still there in the background), I can't tell if I'm just going through times of it being worse and less rather than waves and windows. There are some improvements with other symptoms though so that's a good sign. I just have a feeling I'll be a very slow healer if at all. I still get headzaps (they're definitely going away with windows and waves but I never know when the last wave will be) and constant earworm and tinnitus (although the tinnitus has gone away a few times before).

Hope you're doing well! Feel free to contact me anytime too. :) Take care!

Am I able to change the title of this thread by the way?

Also where can I ask questions about tappering and reinstating? I also don't know where to ask people who have success stories if there's anyone who didn't see any improvement for 2 years and still got better.

It's so complicated but I got PGAD last time I withdrew in 2016 although it didn't hit me until 6 months later. But in that time (3 months before) I went back on 5mg of citalopram. Obviously that didn't prevent the PGAD onset. So my question is, now that I've withdrawn again in 2018 (and my PGAD is now worse from withdrawing again), would reinstating citalopram in very tiny doses actually do any good since it didn't seem to help in preventing it last time? Or could that been because I went straight up to 5mg? It's now been 2 years since the beginning of my tapper (I went down in 5s) so for that reason alone I wouldn't hold out too much hope but I'm just wondering.

Triple posting now lol But I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not like anyone on this forum, I've looked at lots of success stories and by 2 years everyone has seen some improvement. I'm gradually getting *worse*. I've seen people with PGAD on other groups who have had theirs for years and years. I'm starting to piece together that if you don't heal/have any improve from PGAD within 2 years then it could mean it's pernemant. Is that possible? For a withdrawal to be pernemant?

Hi rbvdk....

by reading your posts its like its not 2 years for you because you have mentioned that last time you took ad was in 2018may be in july august so its not 2 year for you right now....its like you have been using ads in 2018 as well so its not 2 years for you...may be its been 1 year and some months for your withdrawal...because if you see me i didnt touch any ads since december 2017 i am completely free from these drugs since 2 years and 2 months now...and meantime i had huge window as you know...so for you i think its not even 1 and half year since you last took ad

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

I am myself right now suffering again from pgad although not arousals but anxiety and burning sensation in the pelvic area and the entire body...unwanted arousals are some time there but it gets quiet as soon as it start to flare.so arousals right not mild...but the burning sensation is the real problem for me right now...like you i am too anxious right now...but i am taking it as a wave and i have hope that it went earlier it could go away again...but meantime the pain i am have from all of this is unbearable...but i hope this wave will be shorter then the earlier withdrawal symptoms

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Rbvdk....

if you dont mind can we contact each other then this forum

like on whatsapp,messanger or something else...so.maybe we could help each other out....somehow

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Rbvdk....

i hope my this wave will be shorter

last time when i first got this it was like a year of hell then it improved and i started feeling better...now again i am in wave and i have heard next wave is shorter then the previous one so if my last  wave was for 1 year then how much long this wave will considering the fact that next wave is shorter then the previous..🤔

any idea ?

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi rbvdk...

i offer best wishes for you...

For your kind  information

i am having severe bladder problems 

frequent urniation 

and burning sensation because of bladder issues...

i am distress right now..

its like my bladder is hurting and frequent urination is causing pain..

my arousals are normal though...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

On 2/10/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mask said:

Hi rbvdk....

by reading your posts its like its not 2 years for you because you have mentioned that last time you took ad was in 2018may be in july august so its not 2 year for you right now....its like you have been using ads in 2018 as well so its not 2 years for you...may be its been 1 year and some months for your withdrawal...because if you see me i didnt touch any ads since december 2017 i am completely free from these drugs since 2 years and 2 months now...and meantime i had huge window as you know...so for you i think its not even 1 and half year since you last took ad

Hi Mask, thanks for reassuring me. :) For me it's been 24 months since the beginning of tappering (Feb 2018), 21 months since I cut it to 0 (May 2018), and 16 months since the PGAD from this withdrawal intensified (Oct 2018) to how it is now. I'm really not sure where I should be counting from. :( But there's been no gradual getting better for me, it's definitely more frequent and the bad months can be worse than it's ever been. I just don't know what to do anymore. :(

On 2/10/2020 at 9:23 AM, Mask said:

Rbvdk....

if you dont mind can we contact each other then this forum

like on whatsapp,messanger or something else...so.maybe we could help each other out....somehow

I have Facebook messanger I'll PM you my name. I rarely use messengers and social media so sorry in advance for any slow replies but I'll do my best. :)

On 2/10/2020 at 11:55 AM, Mask said:

Rbvdk....

i hope my this wave will be shorter

last time when i first got this it was like a year of hell then it improved and i started feeling better...now again i am in wave and i have heard next wave is shorter then the previous one so if my last  wave was for 1 year then how much long this wave will considering the fact that next wave is shorter then the previous..🤔

any idea ?

I wouldn't know I'm sorry :( I only assume it'll be shorter but I can't say how much as I haven't really even experienced a clear window yet. :(

On 2/11/2020 at 3:23 PM, Mask said:

Hi rbvdk...

i offer best wishes for you...

For your kind  information

i am having severe bladder problems 

frequent urniation 

and burning sensation because of bladder issues...

i am distress right now..

its like my bladder is hurting and frequent urination is causing pain..

my arousals are normal though...

I'm sorry to hear you're having bladder issues, did you have this before? Have you checked that it's not a UTI?

Best wishes!

• 2 months later...

I had a bad month, it was just the tip of the iceberg of these past 2 years. I won't get into detail but I almost took my own life. I still want to, I feel no better. At this point it's just waiting for the next big push. I think the stress of that month just ended up making everything worse too, I've started getting headzaps again as well as old symptoms like the stuck feeling in my urethra and a certain type of PGAD flareup that I haven't had since last year. My PGAD is worse than ever again. I think the stress f***ed up my hormones and caused a new wave of withdrawals. I'm so done. I've been here for so long as well as a PGAD group and I know that there are people who get better and people who don't. I noticed a pattern and certain conditions between the 2 and I am definitely in the category of those who don't get better. I've kept track of my symptoms every day since the beginning, and there is literally no overall improvement AT ALL. So yeah, there's no point of being here anymore.

Thank you to all the kind people who have helped and talked to me, I hope you're all doing well and get better soon. 

On 5/6/2020 at 6:22 PM, Rbvdk said:

I had a bad month, it was just the tip of the iceberg of these past 2 years. I won't get into detail but I almost took my own life. I still want to, I feel no better. At this point it's just waiting for the next big push. I think the stress of that month just ended up making everything worse too, I've started getting headzaps again as well as old symptoms like the stuck feeling in my urethra and a certain type of PGAD flareup that I haven't had since last year. My PGAD is worse than ever again. I think the stress f***ed up my hormones and caused a new wave of withdrawals. I'm so done. I've been here for so long as well as a PGAD group and I know that there are people who get better and people who don't. I noticed a pattern and certain conditions between the 2 and I am definitely in the category of those who don't get better. I've kept track of my symptoms every day since the beginning, and there is literally no overall improvement AT ALL. So yeah, there's no point of being here anymore.

Thank you to all the kind people who have helped and talked to me, I hope you're all doing well and get better soon. 

I hope that you don't lose hope.

Keep going. Don't give up. 

For some people it takes longer to recover.

Have you seen a specialist doctor that could help?

You have to give your self a chance. 

Please don't give up. 

Get professional help, counselling. 

Get your prudental nerve checked out. 

Maybe physiotherapy can help.

Give accupuncture a try. 

Just don't give up on your self.

Take care, 

Hopefull. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

I just read your story, and it's remarkable how much I relate to you in so many of the things you've gone through.

I also have OCD. I obsess about my withdrawal symptoms, especially PSSD symptoms/sexual dysfunction, to the point where I'm not sure how much of it is "in my head" (a product of my OCD) and how much of it is actually a physical, biological problem.

I also suffer from severe emetophobia, and feel sick all the time, and this is also a fixation of my OCD.

I am a bit of a hypochondriac, always diagnosing myself with things, convincing myself that I have rare diseases for which there is no cure. It really struck me the things you said about how you could not imagine living with PGAD forever because you would never be able to be happy again, and that is a thought I have had in relation to my withdrawal many times. My biggest fear is having to live with a rare condition forever, suffering constantly, and never be or feel "normal" ever again...

I am so sorry to see you are struggling so much. I know it has been a very long, very difficult couple of years. But reading your thread helped me tremendously with what I've been going through. You've made a difference to me and I'm sure others here as well. I know the cards you've been dealt are absolute hell. But I do hope that you decide to keep fighting. You never know... you could wake up tomorrow and it could be the day things start to finally turn around. I know it feels hopeless, but there is always hope out there somewhere. Please don't give up.

2013 -- Prescribed Zoloft

2016 -- Tapered off Zoloft

2016-2018 -- On and off Zoloft, tried Prozac 30mg for a couple of months

Jan. 2018 -- Reinstated Zoloft (dose increased to 250mg) and began taking Wellbutrin (150mg, and eventually 300mg)

May 2019 -- CT 250mg Zoloft and 300mg Wellbutrin

Dec. 2019 -- Reinstated 25mg Zoloft

Jan. 2020 -- CT 25mg Zoloft

May 4, 2020 -- Reinstated 12.5mg Zoloft

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your kind replies, I was in such a rut I couldn't reply at the time but I just want to say thank you because they helped keep me going. ❤️ Sorry it's been a while but I'm happy to come back with a semi-success story. 🙂

I left my emotionally abusive husband in August 2020, he moved out in September and my symptoms have practically vanished since! I realise now that the stress, anxiety etc was keeping my nervous system in fight or flight. For the first time since withdrawing, I actually feel relaxed! My pgad went from almost always bad (with some good months and some symptoms completely disappearing with windows and waves), to now feeling completely normal 99.99% of the time.

It comes back while I'm extremely stressed, anxious or depressed(mixed with alcohol), but it goes away after my anxiety has calmed down. Sometimes I'll feel it slightly around my period while I wipe after peeing, but that's usually only if I've overdone it with sex stuff lol (which I can now do as much as I want with almost no flare up!) I can now drink alcohol and do so many other things I wasn't able to do before, with 0 symptoms!

I really wanted to post this to give someone hope, because if you're going through something similar, it seems completely hopeless, but it's not. If you feel stuck or your healing isn't progressing like you think it should, there might be something in your life keeping your nervous system in overdrive without even realising it. I was honestly shocked that it was my ex, although it seems silly to say that now, but I was just so used to it. Sometimes you just don't realise how bad something is until it's gone. Hope this helps someone, also really hoping I don't jinx my progress by writing this lol! 😂

@Rbvdksorry to hear that i had no idea you where suffering abuse at the hands of your husband, good to hear you're in a better place now. we havent spoke in awhile but hope you had a good new year, u kno where to find me whenever ill be on discord most of the time :)

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/12/2021 at 3:10 PM, PgadAdam said:

@Rbvdksorry to hear that i had no idea you where suffering abuse at the hands of your husband, good to hear you're in a better place now. we havent spoke in awhile but hope you had a good new year, u kno where to find me whenever ill be on discord most of the time :)

Thank you! I hope you're doing well :)

I want to give a list of all the symptoms I remember having for anyone wondering:

A sensation of fluid stuck in my urethra after peeing (first withdrawal, this came in windows and waves until eventually it died off completely)

A swollen, itchy, full, arousal sensation in my bladder and uterus (I noticed it would flare when I drank too much water too quickly or after eating sugar, so I went on a low-carb diet for almost a year where it went away completely. Then I very slowly introduced carbs and sugar back to my diet and am still fine!)

Other urethra sensations such as burning, fullness, stinging etc (also first withdrawals, these actually went away very quickly, like within the first month or so from withdrawing)

• PGAD/arousal in v@gin@ and anus (went away some time in 2019)

• PGAD/arousal in clit and urethra (99% healed!)

Triggers:

- Wiping (after peeing) - gone (except just a little before my period)

- Before period - gone! 

- During ovulation - gone!

- Thought flares (hard to describe but I'd get shots of a flare just from thinking, talking or seeing something that was stressful/jumpy etc) - gone!

- Alcohol - gone!

- Caffeine - have only tried caffeine once since and I was fine

- Sitting in the car - I sit on 2 memory foam pillows and am completely fine, I used to not be able to go in the car for almost 2 years even with lots of pillows!

- Random flares for seemingly no reason/waking up with them - gone!

- Sex/masturbating - 80% gone (it's extremely mild now and doesn't affect me for longer than a few minutes. Before, it would affect me for days and I had to limit it a lot, now I can do it as much as I want and still be fine!)

- Anxiety and stress - Definitely doesn't flare up as often, can't really put a % on it as the frequency and severity of stressful moments are always different

- walking - gone!

- loud noises - sometimes I still get it a little (like with a vacuum etc) but I have autism so these things affect me a lot anyway

• Tinnitus (still have in left ear, not as loud as it used to be and for a short time I also had it in the right ear which has gone)

Earworm/constant music in head (I still have this sadly)

• Weak/slow pee flow (I still have this - it doesn't bother me though)

Excessive v@gin@l discharge (still have, maybe slightly better now)

There might be other stuff that I can't remember but this is everything I can think of right now. Take care all! ❤️

• 1 month later...

Rbvdk, I'm so happy for you! I read your story a while back but lost track. I didn't see how low you had got with this pgad and your brilliant update. I've gone through similar and working hard to seperate what's still withdrawal etc down in the pelvis.

Your points about your symptoms is very useful. Especially the arousal/itchy/full bladder and sugar. This is my main issue causing me to feel like I need to urinate every 15mins.

Anyways I'm so glad to read you are doing well, this has boosted me during this flare after a 5 month good window.

April 2007 -  Seroxat 20mg

August 2008 - Cold Turkey

August 2009 - Cold Turkey

November 2009 - Reinstatement adverse reaction akathesia/suicidal/anxiety

March 2011 - Start taper

November 2012 - Crash badly at 1.25mg akathesia/suicidal/extreme anxiety

January 2013 - 5mg Seroxat, 300mg  Lyrica

April 2017 - Successfully get off Seroxat with taper followed by 4 month of withdrawal 

January 2018 - Start with constant urinary urge/pain/burning/genital sensations 2 week after anxiety/akathesia ends

January 2019 - Started reducing Lyrica as I suspect it's causing frequent urination, tinnitus, fatigue, brain fog and mental decline.

December 2019 - Off all pysch meds