mickde1: life on hold

mickde1

• Moderator Emeritus

If you decide to make a change, please keep daily symptom notes on paper so you can see how the change is affecting you:

Example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On 12/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, Altostrata said:

You erred by dropping Lamictal when you pushed the dosage too high and got an adverse reaction. It might have helped, but it's not the dramatic miracle cure you might have been expecting.

You might try 0.5mg Lamictal again, or perhaps 1mg Prozac to see if that helps (but NOT the two together -- make one drug change at a time). Please let us know how you're doing.

I'm very thankful for you  to contact  me  Altostrata  i was giving up with on you guy's things are still evolving in much the same way, there was a little sleep a few days ago  but as usual im battling the monster at night anxiety, intrusive thoughts low mood  and worry whilst im in bed trying to get whatever sleep i can,  at the same time  doing plenty of breathing exercises  mindfulness positive mantras etc to stay calm and stave off these WD effects its a hard balancing act while trying to get whatever  sleep i can 

I'm in fear of an adverse reaction from Prozac or Lamictal i suppose i got to bite the bullet and organise myself and get my mind around the idea should i take 1mg and wait a few days and see if there is any effect and then go from there 

16 years of  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide, a year and a half latter  lower Prozac dose to 20mg  then changed to Paroxetine then change to a Mirtazapine  then change to Brintellix  then changed to Edronax   all at 10mgs or less  over a period of a year or so ,   stopped all meds completely 14 december 2015 

Edited by ChessieCat
extracted reponse from quote box

I've been medication free for 65 months and a half months as posted of May 30th 2021 , stopped   med's December 14th 2015,  history  20 years on  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide sometime in 2012 then about a year later lowered Prozac  dose to 20mg  per day, then changed to Paroxetine, then change to a Mirtazapine,  then change to Lexapro,  then changed to Brintellix,  then changed to Edronax  all at 10mgs or less  over a period of about  year,   Edronax tapered 4mg to 2mg over  10 weeks, 2 mg for 8 weeks 1 mg for 10 weeks  stopped all meds completely 14 December 2015  3 months later all HELL broke loose 

18 Jan 2019 reinstated Prozac  .25 mg then ceased 8/8/20

I'm in a very bad wave  currently started about 4 days ago its been growing  although its not that much different than most days it's just ramped up   i'm just trying to survive ,the way i feel its easy to give up   it's 36 and a half months since my last dose, last night brain zaps not nice but the least of my worries the rest of the night a turbulent evolving WD monster  of anxiety  intrusive depressive thoughts coming and going back to back changes while trying to muster up all the strength and strategies, breathing exercises  and so on trying to ride this storm out its a hard fight 

The morning comes and it changes body pains body twitches, stomach sickness,  nausea, and sweating come into the mix  the WD monster  has grown  after visiting  the toilet i go back to bed and hope there is some let up at this point i have done hours of breathing and touching exercises and other coping strategies trying to soothe the monster there comes a small moment at this point where in between the  changing evolving  WD  i suddenly slip into a conscious mini dream something neutral in a sense or normal  for only  that brief moment that is my relief now that i'm up sitting  up i watch the continuous spasm  going off in the calves of my legs 

The question is can i trying to reinstate and then taper off in this state what can i do

I've been medication free for 65 months and a half months as posted of May 30th 2021 , stopped   med's December 14th 2015,  history  20 years on  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide sometime in 2012 then about a year later lowered Prozac  dose to 20mg  per day, then changed to Paroxetine, then change to a Mirtazapine,  then change to Lexapro,  then changed to Brintellix,  then changed to Edronax  all at 10mgs or less  over a period of about  year,   Edronax tapered 4mg to 2mg over  10 weeks, 2 mg for 8 weeks 1 mg for 10 weeks  stopped all meds completely 14 December 2015  3 months later all HELL broke loose 

1 minute ago, mickde1 said:

I'm in a very bad wave  currently started about 4 days ago its been growing  although its not that much different than most days it's just ramped up   i'm just trying to survive ,the way i feel its easy to give up   it's 36 and a half months since my last dose, last night brain zaps not nice but the least of my worries the rest of the night a turbulent evolving WD monster  of anxiety  intrusive depressive thoughts coming and going back to back changes while trying to muster up all the strength and strategies, breathing exercises  and so on trying to ride this storm out its a hard fight 

The morning comes and it changes body pains body twitches, stomach sickness,  nausea, and sweating come into the mix  the WD monster  has grown  after visiting  the toilet i go back to bed and hope there is some let up at this point i have done hours of breathing and touching exercises and other coping strategies trying to soothe the monster there comes a small moment at this point where in between the  changing evolving  WD  i suddenly slip into a conscious mini dream something neutral in a sense or normal  for only  that brief moment that is my relief now that i'm up sitting  up i watch the continuous spasm  going off in the calves of my legs 

The question is can i trying to reinstate and then taper off in this state what can i do

16 years of  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide, a year and a half latter  lower Prozac dose to 20mg  then changed to Paroxetine then change to a Mirtazapine  then change to Brintellix  then changed to Edronax   all at 10mgs or less  over a period of a year or so ,   stopped all meds completely 14 december 2015 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

If you can't take fish oil and magnesium, recommendation is the same:

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, Altostrata said:

You might try 0.5mg Lamictal again, or perhaps 1mg Prozac to see if that helps (but NOT the two together -- make one drug change at a time). Please let us know how you're doing.

I would make that perhaps   0.10mg-0.25mg lamotrigine   OR   0.25mg-0.5mg Prozac   rather than 1mg Prozac.

Edited by ChessieCat
highlighted doses and drugs

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

This is probably a hard guess, after 37 months  since i ceased meds after a super fast taper  i have had enough i need some relief from this hell  the question that has got me wondering fearfully is 

how do i recognise the difference between heavy WD symptoms, a wave creeping up and hope to god  not a adverse reaction, how would you know  the difference 

while on the course of reinstatement 

Since it's been so long i'm going to have start with . 25 ml then i guess how long would you have to be on this amount before you can consider increasing,the dilemma ?

16 years on  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide sometime in 2012 then about a year later lowered Prozac  dose to 20mg  per day, then changed to Paroxetine, then change to a Mirtazapine,  then change to Lexapro,  then changed to Brintellix,  then changed to Edronax  all at 10mgs or less  over a period of about  year,   Edronax tapered 4mg to 2mg over  10 weeks, 2 mg for 8 weeks 1 mg for 10 weeks  stopped all meds completely 14 december 2015  3 months later all HELL broke loose 

following with interest 

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

I've merged the new Intro topic you created with your original Intro topic.  Please note that each member has only 1 Intro topic where they ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  Please do not create any more Introduction topics.  Thank. you.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, mickde1 said:

Since it's been so long i'm going to have start with . 25 ml then i guess how long would you have to be on this amount before you can consider increasing,the dilemma ?

One thing at a time.  Keep daily symptom notes on paper.  Providing these will help us to see whether reinstatement is helping.

I takes about 4 days for a dose to get to full level in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in there brain.

You will need to remain patient and as calm as possible and try not to panic.  When we panic we can make bad decisions.  Some members have panicked and updosed by a large amount and/or too soon.

Stressing also adds non withdrawal symptoms into the mix, which then makes it difficult to work out if the reinstatement is having an effect on the symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

This document has a labelled diagram showing what happened in different areas of the body:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/AnxietySelfHelp.pdf

Thanks ChessieCat  i will update in a few days 

• ChessieCat changed the title to mickde1: life on hold

Following

2002-ish-April 2018: Prozac 40mg (was on 20mg for many of those years); Jan-April 2018: too fast "taper" off Prozac

July 2018: Tried lowest dose dose Lexapro for 3 weeks; quick tapered off; Aug-Nov. 2108: Ambien and Ambien CR for sleep (appx 10 total doses). Made depression worse and did not work; Nov 2018: 7 doses .5mg Ativan for sleep over 12 days time. Stopped.

December 2018: One week Remeron for sleep. Did not work or help. "Tapered" off over a few weeks.

In past years also took/tried Wellbutrin, Seroquel, Klonopin, Paxil; Current supplements: 1 mg Melatonin; Transdermal magnesium; Fish oil; Ketotifen (mast cell stabilizer), vitamin C; milk peptides 

March 26, 2019: Re-instated  0.5mg Prozac; April 15, 2019 Started 0.75mg Prozac May 6 2019: 1mg Prozac; May 27: 1.25mg Prozac; July 29,  2019: Began 1.25mg Lamotrigine

Hi ChessieCat  its my 8th day  on .25mg prozac, had some mild spot headaches first few days , tiredness and fatigue towards the late afternoon i'm trying to remain real calm  at all times. 

Its the night and very early mornings that the symptoms have  ramp up over the last 3 days  i get this enormous tensioning pain in my legs, arms and sometimes in my chest feels like something is pulling and stretching  on all my nerves  with anxiety  and negative intrusions on the edge of a panic attack  it evolves from physical to emotional symptoms,  muscle  spasm and sweating  come into the mix 

while im going through all this im carrying out box breathing , pranayama breathing exercises, mindfulness,self therapeutic touching, EMDR, gratitude   and more, sometimes  practicing 3  or more at the same time trying to reduce the severity of it all, 

any relief i can get 

This is not anything new its just a revisiting starting  up again not that there has ever been a night that  i can  get relief  rest and sleep it has never happen in over 3 years  i'm continuously  plagued in this way although my coping ability has improved  the mental fatigue and memory  is very very slowly improving but at anytime i can lapse back to practically square one 

I feel i should continue on this dose for now and see how it goes, i like to know if anyone has any  advice,  i greatly appreciate it

• Moderator Emeritus

Prozac has a long half life so it can take longer than the shorter half life ADs to level out in your system.  Sounds like you are doing well to get through the discomfort.

One thing which you might consider doing is setting a reminder for several times throughout the day to do some relaxation/calming exercises even if you are not in discomfort.  This can help in a couple of ways.  It gives your brain and nervous system some "time out" and it also becomes a habit and helps you to notice more quickly when you are starting to become anxious/stressed.  It also become more second nature.  It's probably what they call mindfulness.  As an example, I now notice that I sometimes hunch my shoulders when I doing things like cutting vegetables or cleaning my teeth, or when I'm concentrating driving I realise that I am not breathing as deeply.

Today the symptoms have progressively got worse i cant/dont want any thoughts in my head cannot deal with this 

Things have settled down a bit  the usual agitation, while trying to get any sleep i  can insomnia  has never ceased,  the  thoughts of  would cause minimal stress somehow become the utmost important thing on the radar , from 0 to 10  with anxiety dread and fear my mind cycles these thoughts in a loop although never the same thoughts this has been happening for 37 months since my last dose oh except for reinstating Prozac at .25 mg 10 days ago

ChessieCat thanks for your your advice i have accumulated that many relaxing techniques as previously mentioned i carry them around like a pack of cards to deploy when needed but them may help from time to time but they don't change the regime the agitation is relentless if only i could get a shift/break a downgrading a light on the horizon  something to grasp  a foot hold  it would make a universe of a difference  but after 37 months im really not that much better it's just evolved in different ways in a bad ways that have not been charted before 

Is anyone else out there stuck on this ride or has been   how did  your  improvement  come alone if you don't mind sharing i  be immensely  grateful  of  your  knowledge 

• Administrator

What time of day do you take Prozac? What happens in the hours following your dose, do you feel better or worse?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I take it at around 8am there  is no change  during the day compared to the prior period of not taking any that i can detect its very very hard to see any change at all because of all the symptoms that are happening  i'm still stuck in this groove  

all i know any added stress flips me its like the issue  gets stuck in my mind and my mind searches it to see if the negative reaction still exist  hours and days later  i can't think of anything that has the slightest 

stress provocation in everyday living  there is very minimal copying ability in this state of mind it seem to be a 3 week cycle as soon as i feel the legs arms and chest,  getting that fibromyalgia pain tension and the stomach nausea getting worse i know the emotional mental thing is coming in the next few days then i got to ride the storm out over the next few weeks its  totally  horrifying torture, it slowly eases of  after 2 weeks but not totally and even towards the end of it if something happens it doesn't have to be a big deal i can still get catapulted back to that state this has been my existence for a long time 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mickde

i am in the same situation over here- 5 years from a quick taper/cold turkey of zoloft and zyprexa.   Most nights (and days) i am playing youtube music videos or my boombox to ward of the the loneliness and depression of being sick in my apartment in withdrawal for so long.    I even wrote a poem about it 4 years ago.   

Sometimes at night

We listen to music in our room

To pretend it isn't a tomb

I try to stay active as i can during the day (biking to the store for groceries, or else i hunt golf balls part time at local golf courses on better sleep days.  I sell them on craigslist), but the nights are particularly empty so i just crank the tunes.  i don't know what else to do really.   

Poetjester (Derek)

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Hi PoetJester 

It's a tough slog  i can sympathise  with you in this state of mind we share i think getting outdoors does you good man,

keep up the interest  and look for others  and ask the stalwarts ot this  site for advice  in improving  your current  state  its all about improvement at the end of the day 

I was asked a question about 2 weeks ago i answered it but i'm still waiting for a response back as i just started prozac reinstatement  to see if i can get some relief  so i'm waiting i know there are a lot 

of others in the same boat 

Hi again Mickde

i actually have been fooling around with reinstatements myself the past year or so and coincidentally have taken prozac recently in hopes of stabilizing my sleep.   i had gotten  a prescription from a new doctor for it in November of last year and was using the posts of Bellatrix on this site as a guidepost- she had done micro dosing of liquid lexapro to get her sleep normalized (she said it took something like 4 weeks to notice a difference).  i made liquid prozac out of my capsules and took .5 mg on a couple consecutive days, but stopped when it seemed like it had affected my libido badly.   i have to try something, my intestines/stomach just feel dead at this point, i wonder if my gut serotonin has dropped so low.  it feels like my guts/intestines are shrinking or have atrophied and my sleep is still depressed vivid dreams 5 years out.  

I got desperate two weeks ago and took 20 mg of prozac one evening that i still had sitting around and instantly regretted it-  i closed my eyes while laying on my couch after taking the pill, to try to sleep and had a vision of flying into storm clouds (it felt like i was going to God) and so i opened my eyes immediately.  Bad news.  it felt like i had killed my soul for an evening.  i fell asleep later and had dreams for the first time in a while, which was kind of what i had been hoping for since i have been taking Ambien the past 6 months to sleep after quitting Remeron last spring cold turkey (i was on it (remeron) for about 8 months from 8/2017- 3/2018.   doctor stopped my script after i had complained of armpit rashes from the drug.  i had been mostly drug free from 2/2014 to 8/2017 when i started taking remeron) and have had horrible sleep quality with that drug (ambien.  the remeron sleep quality was **** , too).   

The remeron withdrawal had nearly killed me- i was unable to get off my couch for 4 weeks with severe nausea and headaches and brain inflammation and have no one to help me with my daily needs (shopping, cooking, cleaning) so i wasn't too concerned with taking the ambien even though the sleep from it was never good, just sort of dreamless sleep and waking with headaches that a couple cups of coffee would take care of.  I was still looking for something better especially since ambien is terrible on my stomach (constipation) and exacerbates my adrenal fatigue even if it does help me sleep well enough to bike to the store for groceries and run other errands.   My bowels were also a little more normal for the day after taking the 20 mg prozac (more regular formed stools as opposed to the loose stools i have had for a while now) but i think the dose was way too high at 20mg.  again, my libido was wiped out for a day, but i am pretty desperate for some better sleep and a fix to my digestive problems at this point, so i was willing to try just about anything.  

yeah, getting outside is good for me,  but we have been getting snow and ice storms lately where i live so i have been effectively snowed in for almost two weeks now.  I am on a mountaln bike, so any small bit of snow on the roads is treacherous and keeps me in my apartment. 

i live in a large 200 unit apartment complex and next door to me is a senile man in his 60's who has knocked on my door without pants or underwear on before and whose apartment is full off piles of dirty underwear that have gone unwashed for years (some have poop in them) so i try to avoid this place (my apartment complex) like the plague.    he (my neighbor) also drives (an old mini-van) and when my flatscreen broke last summer i asked him for a ride to buy a flatscreen off of craigslist  that someone was selling two miles away.  i got in his van and found 3# of rotten hamburger meat that had been back there  sitting in the summer sun for some time that he had been driving around with unaware of.  I have called Social Services to get him help, but they won't do anything, which makes me wonder if i reside in hell some days.  

i hope i am not bothering you with this post,  but i had read your posts a few weeks back and had meant to reply earlier since it seems like we are in similar situations and have tried or are entertaining similar fixes, but i am usually too tired to get around to doing much and put it off.    I would take a look at Bellatrix's thread.  She seemed to have success with a micro dose reinstatement.  

anyways,  

poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Administrator

Hi, mick, still no discernable effect from 0.25mg Prozac? Is your sleep better, worse, or the same?

Hi Altostrata there have been changes, sleeping is  the same,  symptoms have been predictable with  no real big sweeping changes  so far at 23 days,  the fibromyalgia type body symptoms and morning stomach nausea  have quelled down a bit  there is a lot more going on mentally its not as bothersome i think i'm more tolerable the low mood feeling i get after the agitation spikes is lessened slight improvement in mental clarity but with confusion as strangely as it sounds 

Hi PoetJester thanks for the information , what i hear about reinstating is to  go very low dose to start of on  and wait long periods of time before making adjustments a wait and see approach i'm too scared to do anything in big doses the outcome could be devastating  im empathetic  and see what you say you are a good bloke and caring but never the less you got to take care of yourself firstly before you can help others,  ask some  the alumnus of this  site for guidance  is the best way 

• 3 weeks later...

Update still on .25mm of prozac, over the last 2 weeks symptoms have escalated  incredibly to the point of provocation of suicide i have spent days and nights trying to soothe myself as much as possible what made it worst i had a difference of opinion/ argument  on social  media with an individual, the intensity of the anxiety spinning inside my head  in a ocd way spent hours trying to switch it off  copying ability  totally compromised i'm now  been in a  anxiety  state at night  and depressive mood  during the day  the nights are that bad its not worth trying to sleep its that bad at the moment   

When i reinstated ( 3rd of Feb )  now  that i  think about it  i was having a window it makes it hard to grasp whats really going on at this point. What should or can i do, stay on current dosage any suggestions would be immensely  appreciated 

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update your drug signature so it is current.  Thank you.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Because you know that there was an external cause of stress it would probably be better to keep holding on the dose you are on.

It would also be a good idea do some calming technique/s throughout the day.  Just to give your nervous system some down time.  Set a reminder throughout the day.

Just keep in mind that in order to get off the drugs we need to sit with discomfort and not automatically thing about increasing the dose.

dealing-with-emotional-spirals

neuro-emotions

During any taper, there will be times of discomfort.  We strongly encourage members to learn and use non drug coping techniques to help get through tough times.

Understanding what is happening helps us to not get caught up with the second fear, or fear of the fear.  This happens when we experience sensations in our body and because we don't understand them we are scared of them and then start to panic.

This document has a diagram of the body explaining what happens in the body when we become anxious:

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/AnxietySelfHelp.pdf

Audio FEMALE VOICE:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Audio MALE VOICE:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Non-drug techniques to cope

dealing-with-emotional-spirals

Dr Claire Weekes suffered from anxiety and learned and taught ways of coping.  There are videos available on YouTube.

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

Audio:  How to Recover from Anxiety - Dr Claire Weekes

Resources:  Centre for Clinical Interventions (PDF modules that you can work through, eg:  Depression, Distress Intolerance, Health Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Attacks, Perfectionism, Procrastination, Social Anxiety, Worrying)

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:03 AM, brassmonkey said:

AAF: Acknowledge, Accept, Float.  It's what you have to do when nothing else works, and can be a very powerful tool in coping with anxiety.  The neuroemotional anxiety many of us feel during WD is directly caused by the drugs and their chemical reactions in the brain.  Making it so there is nothing we can do about them.  They won't respond to other drugs, relaxation techniques and the like.  They do, however, react very well to being ignored.  That's the concept behind AAF.  Acknowledge, get to know the feeling involved, explore them.  Accept, These feelings are a part of you and they aren't going anywhere fast. Float, let the feeling float off as you get on with your life as best as you can.  It's a well documented fact that the more you feed in to anxiety the worse it gets.  What starts as generalized neuroemotinal anxiety can be easily blown into a full fledged panic attack just by thinking about it.

I often liken it to an unwanted house guest.  At first you talk to them, have conversations, communicate with them.  After a while you figure out that they aren't leaving and there is nothing you can do to get rid of them.  So you go on about your day, working around them until they get bored and leave.

It can take some practice, but AAF really does work.  I hope you give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Help, should i hang on as i dont want  to things are growing unbearably bad its been nearly 2 months on .25 mls of prozac  reinstatement  all the techniques you mentions are are of no relief  no sleep at night practicing these techniques are not doing anything i feel like my body is a big vice getting squeezed  the pressure on my chest arms and legs is unreal the anxiety and depression  body aches and pains nausea  is unbearable 

16 years of  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide sometime in 2012 then about a year later lowered Prozac  dose to 20mg  per day, then changed to Paroxetine, then change to a Mirtazapine,  then change to Lexapro,  then changed to Brintellix,  then changed to Edronax  all at 10mgs or less  over a period of about  year,   Edronax tapered 4mg to 2mg over  10 weeks, 2 mg for 8 weeks 1 mg for 10 weeks  stopped all meds completely 14 december 2015  3 months later all HELL broke loose 

16 of  January 2019 started .25ml  Prozac 

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you been keeping daily symptoms notes?  If yes, please post them here in your Introduction topic.

If not, please keep notes for the next 3 days and post them here so that your situation can be assessed.

Example previously given here.

• Administrator

mick, did you feel the Prozac was helping at any point? Do you have a prescription liquid? Has it expired?

If it doesn't seem that Prozac ever helped, I would discontinue it.

Is your lamotrigine prescription still within the expiration date? We had discussed this:

On 12/20/2018 at 12:15 AM, Altostrata said:

You went from 0.5mg to 1.5mg lamotrigine and apparently got adverse reactions at 1.5mg. This indicates 1.5mg was too high a dose for you. 

When nervous systems are sensitized, this is not unusual. See

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

On 1/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, Altostrata said:

If you can't take fish oil and magnesium, recommendation is the same:

I would make that perhaps   0.10mg-0.25mg lamotrigine   OR   0.25mg-0.5mg Prozac   rather than 1mg Prozac.

I would start at 0.10mg lamotrigine. Please keep daily notes.

Altostrata  i broke open one 20 mg prozac capsule place it a jar then  x4  5ml syringe of water  = 20ml kept it in the fridge  shook it every time i dose at .25 ml , hope im doing it right , how long does it last in the fridge ?

With the lamictal it never did anything from the start there was no effect  after 6 weeks i bumped it up then within 2 day it turned out bad and i stopped  it 

Altostrata i thing when i commenced the prozac i was coming into a wave and looking back it lasted 5 to 6 weeks all the symptoms had  gone down a notch or 2 they were still there but more tolerable  then they ramped up a notch 2 weeks later another notch then another week or so  back to square 1 

ChessieCat  My symptoms are on a continuum most morning  although i dont sleep or much of it,there comes a time anywhere between 1 and 5am a panic attack thats the start then it evolves into a subconscious  or deeper level  deep core its frightening trying to keep it together its the worse nightmare depressive/anxiety / ocd ,you can imagine doing all the different therapy techniques to soothe the symptoms over a period of many hours  you have no choice it is torture in this state you yearn for relief as i try  to con myself to downplay the situation or floating as it's been titled the next symptoms  evolve into body pain  pressure  squeezing  chest arms legs cramps spasms then nausea then i get out of bed  to face the day,  symptoms keep evolving and i just do more and more soothing exercises  thats been going on for 38 months it will  be tomorrow  thats the way its been 

• Administrator

Homemade Prozac liquid will keep in a dark container for around 4 days in the refrigerator.

3 hours ago, mickde1 said:

With the lamictal it never did anything from the start there was no effect  after 6 weeks i bumped it up then within 2 day it turned out bad and i stopped  it 

As I've explained several times, when you went up to 1.5mg lamotrigine, THAT DOSAGE WAS TOO HIGH. You might have seen benefit somewhere between 0.5mg and 1.5mg, 1mg for example.

3 hours ago, mickde1 said:

Altostrata i thing when i commenced the prozac i was coming into a wave and looking back it lasted 5 to 6 weeks all the symptoms had  gone down a notch or 2 they were still there but more tolerable  then they ramped up a notch 2 weeks later another notch then another week or so  back to square 1 

So when you started 025mg Prozac, you were in a wave that lasted 5-6 weeks. Then you felt better for a couple of weeks. Then you felt worse for a couple of weeks.

So 0.5mg Prozac has had no effect, good or bad? I might increase Prozac to 0.75mg. Please keep daily notes of the effect.

How long would you expect to see anything effect from taking lamictal  0.5mg  weeks months , before make any decision 

Homemade Prozac liquid will keep in a dark container for around 4 days in the refrigerator 

After reading prozac only last 4 days in the fridge what i did was a  waste of time i dissolving  20mg  and took 0.25 ml and just kept using it until in run out about 7 weeks

How are you able to measure say 1 mg to dissolve  from a 20mg capsule to last 4 days in the fridge 

Understanding  homemade prozac liquid only keeps for 4 days in the fridge i feel that it may of contributed to the current symptoms in a sense  i continued taking it

for 7 weeks although you say it would not done a thing , could the 4 days of taking it caused delayed withdrawal symptoms as prozac has a long half life.

I have just started taking it again the last 4 days and i have a new dimension of symptoms  last night i layed in bed all night 100% awake

everytime i sensed myself dropping of anxiety would  kick in and make my body jolt or spasm  the cycle continued  till early  morning when all the other symptoms 

started

i feel i should  stopping it or reducing it i really dont know where to go from here i dont know how you can feel so phenomenally bad and still be living 

• Moderator Emeritus

We don't know what effect using the same solution for 7 weeks might have on you.  The best thing to do now is to make a fresh solution every 4 or 5 days (depending on how you count the days).  And hold on the same dose for a couple of months to give your brain time to stabilise on a "known" consistent dose.

I have used the term "known" because we know that the fresh dose is okay.  The 7 week old solution is an "unknown" because we have no idea whether the solution would have been losing its potency.

Ok ChessieCat  thanks .... dividing micro amounts is going to be the challenge does anyone know how to do this and if you contain the remainder in the capsule every time you do it it will not go off

• Moderator Emeritus

I suggest you check out this topic:  Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

You could post your question there.  And/or you can search for other members tapering Prozac.