Lawyerliz: Something about me.

Lawyerliz

I was put on Wellbutrin generic, which I didn't think was doing anything. I take Ativan too, which is helping a lot.

I gradually realized that he waking up earlier and earlier came on gradually. I read some stuff and thought lack of seratonin was my prob. Not! I took a small dose this morning and came down with every side effect (almost) that Wellbutrin causes. Then I realized that the Wellbutrin Was causing sweats and trembling and all the other stuff.

I took Prozac for years but then it stopped working. Took trawhatsisab which worked well for a couple years and doc did not tell me I should taper. That was a horrible experience, especially since I didn't realize what was going on. Did it for myself on the Internet while feeling awful. I'm interested in supplements but no doc m knows anything about them. I have diabetes and take met for metformin and Victosa, and when they don't work, cinnamon and fenugreek. And some other stuff. This can take my blood sugar down a hundred points or more. It's always too high. I had anxiety attacks even as a little kid, which I hid. Right not I have nothing objectively real to be anxious about. Have 2 lovely kids, a hub whow loves me after 50 years, plenty of moneY and a paid for house. My job was nerve wracking, but now I'm retired. Why is everyone such a mess? Even our financial adviser confessed he had taken Prozac for many years and not it wasn't working. Thanks for being here.

Edited by scallywag
tags
  • Moderator Emeritus

LL - I saw your question about editing posts in another topic. 

You can edit a post for 60 minutes after it was originally submitted.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Well the tremors are lessening, and I feel slightly less rotten. Still waking up at 4:15 or so. Was taking 200 wellbutrin. Doc sez cut in half. Didn't. Down to 125 in a few days. Doc sez no problem, I don't necessarily believe her. The symptoms I have I'm pretty sure are from the drug, not cutting down. I'm really irritated with not reading the side effects. Then I could have figured it out earlier.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum Lawerliz,

Are you finding your replies now?

It would be great if you would put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature. Doing this helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts. Here are instructions for how to do it:

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

How long were you taking Wellbutrin? Ativan? How did you stop the Prozac and how long ago?

You might find these links helpful for understanding what's going on:

What is withdrawal syndrome?

What to expect from my doctor

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

I'd highly recommend reading Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker. Psych meds can cause harmful side effects and long term, they can worsen health, increasing the risk of other illnesses.

I'm happy to hear that gardening helped, getting out in nature can reduce stress, which is something that seems to support the recovery process.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Bottom line went from 200 to 100 MG in about a week. Side effects from wellbutrin generic lessening. Have PA appointment after New Years. No withdrawl distinguishable from side effects. I juse know she's going to want to switch me to something else. I'd prefer to go down to 75 and see if side effects lessen. I'm also on Ativan which works and I'm having to problem with. Before that I was on Cymbalta which didn't seem to do anything except lessen sex drive. Switched from one to the other with no tapering.

Before that I got a deep depression from 5 lousY pain pills for sciatica, 2 tramadol, 3 of something else. Use Prozac for many years 10? 15? Stopped working so I stopped taking it. Tried it again after pain pills. No effects. Stopped taking it. No taper, but no wd symptoms either, except continuing to feel lousy. Eventually went to emergency room, where they put me on 3 things,.benedril, cymbalta, and Ativan. Within hours my desire to eat came back. I think it was the Ativan. Shrink told me to stop benedryl, which I had no prob with. Then shrink joined a new pracTice and PA switched me to wellbutrin generic. After 2 or 3 months I couldn't sleep after 4:15 or so. Finally checked wellbutrin side effects and I had 3/4th of them, including tremors and sweats and extreme fatigue. I've cut down from 200 to 100 in about a week. I just know she's gonna want to switch me again. I'd like to go down to 75 MG and see what happens. Have no idea if it's side effects or wd. I actually think it's side effects, which are improving as dose goes down. I actually slept til 4:45 this morNing and felt ok after an afternoon nap, after gardening.

• Moderator Emeritus

If you are using a phone or mobile device, you need to switch to the full non-mobile version of the site. Instructions are in Post 8 and Post 9

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

Some people do experience delayed onset of withdrawal symptoms.
Delayed onset of withdrawal symptoms

signature:

The software may have changed the appearance of the button/control to change to the full version.

On Android, it's a rectangular button at the bottom of the page that says "Full Version."

Response times from other members and moderators:

Please try to remember that almost everyone posting here is dealing with their own withdrawal symptoms. 

Moderators are volunteers and log in when they can to reply to members' posts.

Response time varies from within minutes to a day.

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

Didnt see big red arrow

You won't see the big red arrow. That was added to the image to indicate the location of the "Full Version" button.

You need to look for the rectangular button at the bottom of the page that has the words "Full Version" on it. When you find it, click on it and follow the instructions to create your signature.

scallywag's Introduction

So now I am down to 2 50 MG doses in morning and about 2 pm. Slept til 6:30 yay. Other symptoms lessened. I really think most of this is side effects. Not withdrawl. Gardened again yesterday. I have an infinite amount of Sawgrass to chop. It's weird, I'm so fatigued that I have to drag myself out there, but the fatigue goes away when I start chopping. Until I get legitimately tired. And it stays away for a half hour or hour after I finish chopping. Chopping involves cutting one or 2 stalks with a hand tool and then cutting that into small pieces. Maybe it amounts to a form of meditation.

And now it's there!! I need to wait?

Anyway, for non Floridians, Sawgrass is this awful stuff, which Darwin designed to last forever. And you can cut yourself on the stalks. And it can grow to 8 feet tall.

Doc prescribed fish oil for cholesterol, so I'm taking that anyhow. He mentioned it had a good effect on mood after I mentioned that to him. 4 grams. So I've added 500 MG of magnesium and vit C. Should I start takin a multivitamin again?

L L . Can you use the full version ?   If not it will be tricky .  Can you possibly add a drug history ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

No Instructions on full version. On

.5 Ativan 3 times a day. No problem. On Wellbutrin starting 3 or 4 months ago 200 mg. Gradually started feeling awful. Waking at 4:30, enormous fatigue, tremors sweats. Finally looked up side effects. I don't remember what she switched me from. Wil ask. Taking fish oil all along. Taking lots of supplements. So I have reduced the supplements to just magnesium, which I was taking with calcium, vit c. Is it ok to take a multivitamin pill?

3rd day gardening, chopping sawgrass. Did it for about an hour. Help with fatigue less. I used to chop for 3 or even 4 hours. When I was on a gardening binge and felt ok. So I got down to 50 mg twice a day, and slept til 6:30, which was great, but other symptoms crept back. I'd like to go down to 75 to 90 mg on the Wellbutrin. And leave the Ativan alone. Taking diabetes drugs, Victosa and metformin and a a new one called respsomething. Take fenugreek and cinnon and alpha lipoic acid when blood sugar stays too high. These supplements can take the sugar almost down to what ot should be. Need to go out and do various errands with hub. Hope I can hold out to get them done.

Just found Prozac bottle from last summer, July 2016.20 mg. So maybe since we tried it for 6 weeks, to no avail, I went from that to wellbutrin. They told me it would take 6 weeks to kick in but it never did. Might have been something inbetween. Forgot. AMBIEN CR 12.5 and melatonim, .6, sometimes .3

• Moderator Emeritus

You need to open the full version to see all the controls to create the signature. Instructions to create a signature do not "auto-magically" appear simply because you have switched versions.  You need to follow the steps listed below.

To create a signature that automatically appears below your signature,

1. Click on your user name in the top right corner of any page on the site.
  2. Click on the "My settings" option
  3. Look at the menu of tabs on the left of the page. One of them is "Signature"
  4. Click on the signature tab and compose your medication and withdrawal history signature.
  5. Preview and edit until you are satisfied.

scallywag's Introduction

I'm taking fish oil which I have for years, 4 grams, on Dr's advice for cholesteral. And magnesium, which I was taking with calcium, which I cut out, also 5o0mg of vit c, and chromium picolinate, which I've taken sporadically for years. I cut out most of the many supplements I was taking. Is this too many different supplements seeing as I was taking most of the listed supplements anyhow? I'd like to take dhea. I'm 70. I'm trying to taper Wellbutrin. On 10 mgs now. Would like to go to 75. 1.5 ativan, which if fine with me for now. Tremors were lessening, but worse again today. Have doc appt shortly. Plan to bring hub in with me, as he has more degrees then they do and won't let me get run over, and isore polite than I am.

• Moderator Emeritus

Liz, I've moved your post/question about supplements to your introduction topic so that all your information, questions and answers are in one place.

Please ask questions about your situation here in your introduction topic.  It's hard for people to answer your questions without context, especially as you haven't yet posted a medication history signature.

scallywag's Introduction

Have doc appt shortly. Plan to bring hub in with me, as he has more degrees then they do and won't let me get run over, and isore polite than I am.

I think this is a good idea to take hubby with you.

Buy him a late christmas present 'Anatomy of an epidemic' by R Whitaker

And an early birthday present 'Psychiatric drug withdrawal by P Breggin.

Get him to read this thread and all the links you have been given.

I would like to tell you that no matter how many letters one has after their name its very difficult to conceive or imagine the suffering of psychotropic drug wdl for a person who has never experienced it.

Hey here's a great question to get the hubby to ask the doctor ..

Get the hubby to ask this:

"What is the name of the model of mental disorder you use to inform your daily practice, your teaching and research?

Specify the original publication in which the model is set out as a series of testable propositions and three seminal works in which its application is tested against the canons of science and in practice."

Whats the bet he believes in the chemical imbalance model.

All the best with the doc appt.

I know of one person who even recorded their conversations.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Got this too late to use the question! I can't figure oUT how to create the signature, sorry. I click on what you guys say to and there is no help there. I really am and always have been a computer moron, nothing to do with drugs. Anyway she wrote a scrip for 75 mg, said I was not in Wd, but I said it won't do any harm will it? And she can think of it as a placebo!! So this morning I woke up too early ago, but went to sleep again for an hour and a half or so, til 8, but was no more refreshed. Seems like I have to endure a couple of hours of anxiety. I took an Ativan .5 at about 8 and 9:30 and will again around 2 pm. Gardened about an hour. Feel moderately lousy. Have some errands to do, hope I can do then

Down to 75 MG wellbutrin. I keep getting told I can drop to zero. Had a bad night, but hAve got some sleep using chamomile tea. I think I will stay at 75 for a few weeks and then down to 37.5.

Edited by scallywag
moved from another intro topic

Reading a book on nutrition, in which vegetable oils may be a bery bad thing as to brain function. I don't understand it yet, but I wonder if waves may be related to eating to many french fries cooked in vegetable oil. Olive oil is ok.

Edited by scallywag
moved from another intro topic
  • Moderator Emeritus

Liz, when you want to post about your situation or ideas you're considering, this topic -- your introduction thread -- is the place to do it.

scallywag's Introduction

To do your sig click on your name at the top right next to the signout Then click on settings then click on signature on the left hand side column.

I believe your doctor is in error to say you are not in withdrawal.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I have been reading a book called deep nutrition. To summarize. . . Cut back sugar drastically (but we knew that). Also cut back drastically of veggie oils, including corn oil safflower oil, not sure of peanut oil. Olive oil good, butter good, Fat on healthy grass fed animals good. Forget the saturated fat is bad stuff

Written by a doc who knows her biochemistry in a readable style. By the was, she says fats cell can turn themselves back into more useful cells, given the appropriate nurishment. Fermented foods good. Like sauerkraut and yogurt with all the yogs, and milk fat. Fat free is bad, except for getting rid of veggie oils. Trans fats are bad, as we knew. Organ meats are good (yuck). But if you happen to like liver, go for it. French cooking is good.

And some of this bad stuff generates cortisol. Mental heath is not the focus of this book, but it ties in.

So, maybe the waves are caused by people eating even worse than usual? And windows, eating somewhat better?

Anyway read the book.

Edited by scallywag
moved from tryingtosurvive's introduction topic

You need to open the full version to see all the controls to create the signature. Instructions to create a signature do not "auto-magically" appear simply because you have switched versions.  You need to follow the steps listed below.

To create a signature that automatically appears below your signature,

1. Click on your user name in the top right corner of any page on the site.
  2. Click on the "My settings" option
  3. Look at the menu of tabs on the left of the page. One of them is "Signature"
  4. Click on the signature tab and compose your medication and withdrawal history signature.
  5. Preview and edit until you are satisfied.

Liz. This is all we can say.  There is no other way. Do you have a husband or son / daughter to help you with this ? 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Yes, will ask hub this afternoon. Meanwhile sleeping later on the 75 mg oF Wellbutrin. To nearly 7 today. I think I will go down to 50 mg around the beginning of February. But still not feeling actually well until the evenings. And I have to decide whether to go on a cruise I signed up for long ago. Hub not going he gets motion sick. Don't want to burden friens, if I need care. In the meantime, I continue to urge people to read that book! No veggie oil, almost no sugar! Olive peanut and meat fat (from grass fed animals) ok. Duck fat ok. Organ meats (which I can't stand) ok. Her description of what veggie oils do to the brain is terrifying. Go for probiotics!