spidey

Dental surgery, dental medications, tooth discoloration

UnfoldingSky

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this here yet as I haven't read through the full thread again but, I wanted to put this out there since it will likely help a lot of people.

If you need cavities done now in some areas you may be able to get them done with lasers.  For cavities that can be treated with lasers there is no need for anesthetic.  Some cavities can't be done with lasers from what I've been told.  But the ones that can apparently can be done without anesthetic.  I had one done with a laser, I felt only a slight twinge of pain and didn't have to have anesthetic (not even topical anesthetic).  They have to use a drill later in the procedure but it's just to shape the filling I think. 

For those who are interested look up holistic dentists you may find one in your area using this.  It likely will be more expensive than traditional dentistry though. 

UnfoldingSky

I meant to add--during the laser procedure I could see flashes of light with my eyes shut while they were doing it.  So if you are someone who gets serious after images the laser procedure might prove bothersome. 

wanttosurvive

Hi,

Is there anyone noticed the unusual symptom of 'gum bleeding' like me?

For the last couple of months, everytime I brush my teeth, gums bleed apparently. My dentist has checked it and there is not any dental problem for being a cause. 

Any suggestion as a remedy?

ChessieCat

Rinsing several times a day with warm, salty water.

wanttosurvive
48 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Rinsing several times a day with warm, salty water.

ChessieCat, thank you for your suggestion.

Nevertoolate

Are you feeling anxious? 

Just a thought but you may be subconsciously brushing too hard? 

wanttosurvive
On 5/28/2019 at 12:24 PM, Nevertoolate said:

Are you feeling anxious? 

Just a thought but you may be subconsciously brushing too hard? 

Nevertoolate,

I had awful times, when I was so anxious, so desperate, so suicidal....but this is something different,  I am sure it is related with WD. One of those weird symptoms. 

Nevertoolate

Oh I hope it sorts itself out soon for you. 

wanttosurvive
17 minutes ago, Nevertoolate said:

Oh I hope it sorts itself out soon for you. 

Thank you 🙏

ChessieCat

The last couple of times have had dental work I have had the non-adrenaline injection and it makes a huge difference.  I don't spend all the time in the dentist chair having to calm myself down from the added adrenaline.

UnfoldingSky

I am having a tooth issue and am unsure what to do.  Maybe someone here has some expertise and advice?

I have been having sensitivity on one side of my mouth for a while now.  Finally had it looked at and they said the only thing that could be wrong is a filling i had a long while back.  Could be cavity.  Hard to say how bad until they drill into it. 

I was told there is a possibility I will need a root canal or have it taken out.

Naturally, I am not too thrilled about the idea of having any work done let alone root canal or extraction.

I talked to dentist about no epi freezing and my sense was that they thought it could be problematic due to how many injections I would need.  Said we could see how it goes but may need epi. 

I really don't want the epi though.  So said something about sensitivities and I don't want to have bad reaction and have them have to deal with me if that goes on.

I was also advised to get silver filling, which I have been told lasts longer, and I believe that, but don't want.  I think they will do the white filling if asked.

But now I am worried that I may get there and mid-procedure be told that I am getting epi. 

Second issue is that I had seen dentist earlier in the year, a different one, who claimed I needed large number of "cavities" filled.  I went with needing two that I could see I needed to have done.  It seemed outrageous, that I had far more than two.  This was a holistic person, and the cost is more expensive, so I was not very happy.  So what I did was I got the laser done on the teeth I knew needed doing, then didn't go back.  Instead I went to this other dentist a while later, I had my teeth looked at with a general x-ray and was told I did not need anything done! Or rather that that sort of x-ray had not caught any problems. I was supposed to go in for more specific X-ray which I was told might show something and was meaning to do that but had not gotten to it.

So now I am not sure if that more specific one would have caught this current problem earlier, if I had it back then and it was missed somehow, or if it is a new issue.

But the point of this is to say, I don't know who to go to now. I would rather see the dentist I just saw but if there is a risk that mid-procedure they change up the anesthetic, then I am not going to handle that well.

The other dentist seems very likely to have tried to scam me to do work on teeth that don't need it. I keep getting calls from them about getting one tooth done..that is not bothering me even slightly!  I feel also like when I express concerns about the sensitivities etc like I am constantly viewed as a hypochondriac.  So that adds to my desire not to see these people.  They will I believe though stick to what I want done.  The trouble is I could go in there and say I have a problem on the one side of my mouth and they may try to fill some other tooth first, if they are scamming me...One that does not need doing.

Also, I am wondering what is involved in root canal or extraction.  If I go and they find I need a root canal, I assume they put a temporary filling in?  I would guess that is not made of silver but does anyone know? is there any risk from temporary fillings? 

Also if you have to have root canal can they inject pain meds into you during a procedure, or if there is an extraction going on?  I don't want them and I"m guessing they don't do this, but just need some reassurance here. 

Lastly, should I be told I need an antibiotic, has anyone here who has tinnitus found one that they can handle, ie did it make tinnitus worse?

UnfoldingSky

Has anyone who had akathisia tried freezing with epinephrine after they recovered and if so did aka come back?