Jayjohnny: 2 yrs 8 months off psych drugs ~80% healed!

Jayjohnny

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for providing some information about your drug history.  It will be more helpful if you could provide additional information.

SA's mission, below, lists reasons why this information is so important.

"MISSION OF SURVIVINGANTIDEPRESSANTS.ORG

Surviving Antidepressants is a site for peer support, documentation, and education of withdrawal symptoms and withdrawal syndrome caused by psychiatric drugs, specifically antidepressants.

The participants on this site have all experienced or are experiencing difficulty in withdrawal from psychiatric medications. We offer peer support to those who are similarly suffering, drawing from our personal experiences.

(No posting on this site should be construed as medical advice. For medical advice, consult a trusted medical caregiver.)

The personal stories on this site are documentation of an iatrogenic condition -- suffering caused by medical treatment -- that is almost always ignored, misdiagnosed, or denied by the medical establishment. Given the widespread prescription of antidepressants to tens of millions of people worldwide, withdrawal syndrome probably affects hundreds of thousands if not millions -- including newborns and children.

Antidepressant withdrawal syndrome can last weeks, months, or years. It can be distressing, debilitating, or even disabling. It may be adding to an increase in what is termed disabling mental illness.

With our documentation of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, we hope to educate the medical establishment about this problem. Case studies are essential; they are evidence understood by doctors, the psychiatric industry, and government regulatory agencies.

Our hope is, eventually, antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs will be prescribed rarely, and only in cases of extremely severe mental illness after less invasive treatments have been tried.

Please join Surviving Antidepressants in its mission to support, document, and educate about psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome."

1.  The dose of Zoloft you were on.

2.  When were you last on the full dose?

3.  What symptoms did you experience whilst on the drug?

4.  When did you stop taking the drug?

5.  How did you stop taking the drug?  Did you cold turkey?  OR  Did you skip days or taper?  Please provide details of how you skipped days or tapered.  How did you measure your drug?

6.  What withdrawal symptoms did you experience whilst getting off the drug?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

That's exactly how I feel Johnny my WD is long and drawn out! And guess what I haven't experienced brain zaps yet! Because at first it was all stomach problems and pain for 1 year. Than at around 1 year I got all Neuro emotions and akathisia, than extreme flu like weakness now after 2 yrs I get full on head pressure and dizzyness

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

That's exactly how I feel Johnny my WD is long and drawn out! And guess what I haven't experienced brain zaps yet! Because at first it was all stomach problems and pain for 1 year. Than at around 1 year I got all Neuro emotions and akathisia, than extreme flu like weakness now after 2 yrs I get full on head pressure and dizzyness

Yep your story sounds so much like mine Mort! Very similar. I feel your pain because I was in your shoes only a few months ago! I know a lot about these drugs and how they work, through my intense research over the years. They are so nasty and they should have been banned a decade ago or sooner! If anything, people should only be allowed to use them for short term therapy! But none of this matters since the damage has already been done but the wonderful thing about the human brain and nervous system is that indeed it can heal. It compensates for damage in such complexity I can't even begin describe here.

2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!

2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.

2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

I don't see then being banned for a long time. They have done one hell of a job to keep this WD a secret. 95% of Doctors literally believe it's safe and not addictive. And they would precribe it to their own family. Pharma has come up with the perfect drug that all its side effects and discontinuation syndrome symptoms, no matter how severe can be blamed under an illness the patient has never had. More times than not any symptom under the sun can be blamed on anxiety and depression. Its a shame that doctors are so brainwashed and frankly they arent very smart people. Usually have their own head up their a---s with an ego the size of Texas. Probably we should pity them because I Bet each and every one of them has more blood on their hands than any massed murder ever has. And they don't even know it.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I don't see then being banned for a long time. They have done one hell of a job to keep this WD a secret. 95% of Doctors literally believe it's safe and not addictive. And they would precribe it to their own family. Pharma has come up with the perfect drug that all its side effects and discontinuation syndrome symptoms, no matter how severe can be blamed under an illness the patient has never had. More times than not any symptom under the sun can be blamed on anxiety and depression. Its a shame that doctors are so brainwashed and frankly they arent very smart people. Usually have their own head up their a---s with an ego the size of Texas. Probably we should pity them because I Bet each and every one of them has more blood on their hands than any massed murder ever has. And they don't even know it.

You make some GREAT points here Mort!! I couldn't agree MORE with almost everything you just wrote! It will take a yet to be developed blood test or some type of scan which will be capable of detecting the fact that these drugs can and often do stay in a person's system years after quitting them altogether. Watch how soon the FDA, doctors, and big pharma will suddenly change their tune immediately after that happens!!! But you make a perfect point about the complex nature of all these issues and how hard it is, as of today, to prove the damage these drugs so often do. That is, again, until such a test is developed. I can't wait for the day to come and and for big pharma to pay up just like big tobacco had to and still is-rightfully so.

2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!

2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.

2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

Thanks Johnny, or until it happens to someone really famous and they become a strong advocate against this poisonus treatment. I do hope it happens one day but the public is so brainwashed. Also I do wonder about the media being controlled by a select few and with agendas. I'm sure pharma interests are behind alot of media so they can spin anything they want even if and when negative studies come out against them. The only thing I can guarantee is they lost my services as a customer for life.

Thanks Johnny, or until it happens to someone really famous and they become a strong advocate against this poisonus treatment. I do hope it happens one day but the public is so brainwashed. Also I do wonder about the media being controlled by a select few and with agendas. I'm sure pharma interests are behind alot of media so they can spin anything they want even if and when negative studies come out against them. The only thing I can guarantee is they lost my services as a customer for life.

I think it's very safe and logical to say that someone is indeed behind most of the coverup as to what these things are capable of. Sure the FDA black box warning came out years ago which finally confirmed that these drugs can make depression and anxiety far worse than it ever was to begin with, but can you imagine the shockwaves when everyone finds out just how long these poisons can be in someone's system? We're talking about anywhere between 1-4+ years in many cases of severe withdrawal and/or reactions to a drug!! And to think most of the so called experts say they should be out by 4 to 6 weeks?? Give me a break. I believe they know but as you suggest it's probably a major coverup ala big tobacco! And without a doubt the public is brainwashed as to 90% of what is really going on with big pharma!!

Ya its scary, I think people will find out but it's gonna be along time. Hopefully we will all see the day. It's tough being judged and trying to get the point across to others. Even if you have never had a hard time with any anxiety or depression in the past everybody assumes this is what it looks like now. Very tough until u break free and than being healthy and happy is all that matters.

Did anybody believe you in your life? That the drugs caused This horrid condition?

Did anybody believe you in your life? That the drugs caused This horrid condition?

Only a few, sadly. I've never considered myself a weak person having dealt with depression and anxiety for over a decade now-and still pushing ahead. Sure I know how bad others have it and are going through much worse. Yet, unless you've experienced a certain intolerable and disabling level of depression and anxiety, along with racing thoughts-much of which was induced by drugs which are suppose to help and NOT hurt someone---well you know exactly what I mean!! I suppose that was the hardest part for me. People just can't grasp some things unless it happens to them. As the old saying goes, it's all irrelevant until it becomes relevant.

How about yourself?

Well put Johnny! I have 2 solid people who are on this trip with me side by side. I had a big circle of friends from work, old school buddies and sports teams and I have big family. I don't think anyone else believes me they chalk it up as a guy off meds and now I'm depressed or anxious. Even my dad who means well and sees me alot still doesn't fully believe me. My mom yells at him all the time as she understands this aswell as we do but some people are incapable of believing the dynamics of what happened. Its too much for most people, it would change the view of the world that they built up over the years as safe place to trust your doctor. I think most people fall victim to believing everything industry pushes not just meds but even diet and other things. And frankly to be honest if this didn't happen to me would I even believe this? I remember my GF brother always trying to tell me things about the world corruption, consiperiocy theories, what's in the food and water and I wanted to here nothing of it. I remember not believing anything he said. I didn't believe anything like that could exist. Now there is nothing I wouldnt be open to believing especially when money and corporations are involved, government etc..

Well put Johnny! I have 2 solid people who are on this trip with me side by side. I had a big circle of friends from work, old school buddies and sports teams and I have big family. I don't think anyone else believes me they chalk it up as a guy off meds and now I'm depressed or anxious. Even my dad who means well and sees me alot still doesn't fully believe me. My mom yells at him all the time as she understands this aswell as we do but some people are incapable of believing the dynamics of what happened. Its too much for most people, it would change the view of the world that they built up over the years as safe place to trust your doctor. I think most people fall victim to believing everything industry pushes not just meds but even diet and other things. And frankly to be honest if this didn't happen to me would I even believe this? I remember my GF brother always trying to tell me things about the world corruption, consiperiocy theories, what's in the food and water and I wanted to here nothing of it. I remember not believing anything he said. I didn't believe anything like that could exist. Now there is nothing I wouldnt be open to believing especially when money and corporations are involved, government etc..

That's good to hear it sounds like you have some people who are behind you in this struggle! The others who don't believe you or can't grasp how bad it can get-I know exactly how you feel. But you said it best; even a while ago when someone told you of a conspiracy theory you just shunned it off as some crazy theory. I was the same way when I was younger. But once you begin to research this stuff and really look into it, suddenly things don't appear as they once did in many cases. I look at video from 9/11 (the Pentagon footage) and the Oklahoma City bombing facts and think something is clearly off. For example, does anyone really believe the main bombing suspect, Timothy McVeigh, would go through all that planning only to forget to place a tag on his license plate on his getaway vehicles? secondly, this is a guy who just killed hundreds of people and had a gun in his getaway vehicle, and just gives up without any kind of fight as though he was getting arrested for a misdemeanor drug possession? And last but certainly not least-four security cameras just "happened" to malfunction right before the actual bombing took place?? As if something doesn't reak of suspicion there? Please!!!

But anyhow, support is incredibly important and vital to recovery and again I'm glad you have some people there for you in this long, awful process towards recovery!

Ya my GF who I've been with for 7yrs, and my mom know WD as good as we do on this website. Without them I'm done not gonna make it. Especially during this wave I'm literally stuck in my room, haven't been able to make a meal in 4 months due to intense dizzyness. Before this wave I was able to fend for myself but obviously doing it feeling absolutely terrible.

You make so many good points with the bombing, it doesn't add up at all and I've gone down that rabbit hole since dealing with WD haha. Too many things now that point to massive corruption. Almost Every catastrophe someone is benefiting financially from it or some agenda is being pushed in some way.

I believe if WD can be hidden and covered up the way it has, than anything and everything is possible. It blows my mind everyday that I've gone through such hell and it's basically being told it's in my head. I don't think I'll ever get over it. Or get over what I know and how many families and lives have been affected. I really hope I can go my whole life without seeing another "Butcher" Aka Doc when this WD is all over.

Ya my GF who I've been with for 7yrs, and my mom know WD as good as we do on this website. Without them I'm done not gonna make it. Especially during this wave I'm literally stuck in my room, haven't been able to make a meal in 4 months due to intense dizzyness. Before this wave I was able to fend for myself but obviously doing it feeling absolutely terrible.

You make so many good points with the bombing, it doesn't add up at all and I've gone down that rabbit hole since dealing with WD haha. Too many things now that point to massive corruption. Almost Every catastrophe someone is benefiting financially from it or some agenda is being pushed in some way.

I believe if WD can be hidden and covered up the way it has, than anything and everything is possible. It blows my mind everyday that I've gone through such hell and it's basically being told it's in my head. I don't think I'll ever get over it. Or get over what I know and how many families and lives have been affected. I really hope I can go my whole life without seeing another "Butcher" Aka Doc when this WD is all over.

Ya it's certainly hard to deal with the fact that the same doctors who hand out these drug poisons as if they were candy cannot appear to comprehend, or don't even care to most likely, the possibility of these drugs wrecking massive havoc on someone for years after they stop! And then when you ask to be off them (which I did years ago) because they're not helping much they say that's not a good idea and that your only alternative is shock therapy!! I liken many of these doctors to "the more you pay the higher up you'll get in the Church", for example, in Scientology. Now don't get me wrong-I completely agree with Scientology's stance in psychiatry! They are one of the few organizations that stand up to these crimes! But I had to give the example, anyhow, because I can't think of a better example other than pure snake oil salesmen.

Woe you got offered shock therapy? I bet I would have aswell. I don't know much about scientology but if they stand up to this than good on them! Hey Johnny is your life now a but surreal? After suffering so long to be mostly healed? This must feel unbelievable?

Woe you got offered shock therapy? I bet I would have aswell. I don't know much about scientology but if they stand up to this than good on them! Hey Johnny is your life now a but surreal? After suffering so long to be mostly healed? This must feel unbelievable?

You can't imagine how good the feeling is! I'm not 100% there yet but it's coming. I can feel it. Hopefully in the coming months. Can't wait to travel and see new parts of the world for the first time???? Just having that light, natural feeling in me again instead of the awful chemical andn toxic symptoms that were for over 2 1/2 years mostly constant--I tell you I've just about seen and done it all in life but to beat this condition and come out stronger because it? There's very few feelings and emotions that can match it I tell you. You have this to look forward trust me. You'll know it when it happens. Maybe not right away but when it does I can't wait to here your recovery story Mort!

Johnny hearing that is music to my ears! I really beat myself up over being on such a potent l ssri 30mg of lexapro that I may get in my own way way sometimes . would 20mg mean id be healed by now is what I ask. I only ever took 1 ssri but it was super strong. And I also had a minor Brain injury as a Teen. So I put stock into those things being why I am in such bad shape.

I'll come back and pay it forward like you or help people on the side. Something. I bet you are 100% right no feeling can compare to beating WD! Maybe having a child I don't know! Omg I guess the thing is when you suffer this bad, than when u recover life is 100x better than it ever would have been had you not gone through this! The problem is when your in it, you feel like its never ending!

Johnny hearing that is music to my ears! I really beat myself up over being on such a potent l ssri 30mg of lexapro that I may get in my own way way sometimes . would 20mg mean id be healed by now is what I ask. I only ever took 1 ssri but it was super strong. And I also had a minor Brain injury as a Teen. So I put stock into those things being why I am in such bad shape.

I'll come back and pay it forward like you or help people on the side. Something. I bet you are 100% right no feeling can compare to beating WD! Maybe having a child I don't know! Omg I guess the thing is when you suffer this bad, than when u recover life is 100x better than it ever would have been had you not gone through this! The problem is when your in it, you feel like its never ending!

Yep same here but when I was a kid. How did your injury occur if I may ask? Did you have any lingering symptoms like myself? Even though I'm 100% certain my mild brain injury was undiagnosed (because sometimes or often MRI or CT scans can't detect minor brain trauma-especially back then!) I have been living with lingering effects and symptoms ever since. And I'm in the same boat like you as to how my injury may have made matters worse as far as my long and drawn out severe recovery process. I also know that brain injuries can cause depression and anxiety and I'm certain they surely haven't helped me in the least in my battles and struggles.

Hey pm u. But curious do you drink coffee now and do some of things u couldn't before? Or are you still waiting. I know most of us have no idea what to eat or drink or what to do and what causes what.

Hey pm u. But curious do you drink coffee now and do some of things u couldn't before? Or are you still waiting. I know most of us have no idea what to eat or drink or what to do and what causes what.

Those are some great questions Mort. When I was in heavy wave of severe symptoms I couldn't handle anything. It was like everything was backfiring on me-even natural supplements. But this kind of makes sense considering some supplements can and do affect neurotransmitters. For example, I believe even vitamin d does. Luckily though I have been able to tolerate mild doses of natural supplements in the last few months for the first time since my severe symptoms started. Simply due to the fact that my real healing began during that time. But prior to this it didn't matter what I took, natural or synthetic, my body and brain would simply reject it.

As to coffee I think it's best to drink that in moderation. I've always found that too much can be sometimes a disaster for anxiety.

One more thing I'd like to add-I really do think there's something to the theory that these drugs can stay in human fat cells for years. I find that the more I exercise the better my withdrawal symptoms are. The more fat and weight I shed the better off I am. I'm not just talking about the health and mental benefits of exercise. Most people know this already but more importantly for the people struggling on this board with long term protracted withdrawal. In fact, this might explain why it only took me 7 months to WD from celexa back when I was only 26. I probably only weighed 175 pounds at the time. I have a feeling if I suddenly dropped 10 or 15 pounds that my withdrawal would be even better or fully healed by now. But who knows.

<p>

bhasski, thanks for letting me know.

The idea of the signature is to give a quick easy-to-understand overview of your medication and withdrawal history: Just list

• your medications,
  • the doses and
  • the dates you started them,
  • the dates you stopped them and/or
  • the dates you changed doses.

I don't mean to sound difficult here, truly I don't, since I completely understand the logic behind asking each member for a thorough med history-but not everyone has or wishes to keep every little detail about their drug history. Including every exact dose, date, med, etc. Some might do this and I commend them for doing so! But others just don't bother to or care to. And if one has been on psych drugs (many that is) over say, a 20 year period, how are they possibly going to recall every little detail? But again I completely understand the logic behind asking for at least a general history.

Edited by scallywag
moved from another member's introduction

I think it seems that when you can start to tolerate more foods and supplements and become less sensitive you are well on your way! Caffeine isn't a good idea until someone is 100% back and even than its not for everyone. Interesting about the Weight loss theory, I'm open to that idea. For me at first onset of WD I lost too much weight as 100% of my symptoms were in my gut. I was 24/7 pain so couldn't eat food for long time. So my weight loss was large and my Body wore down. But if it stays in fats stores than losing weight would be good idea. Or somone who can tolerate a bit of a sauna may ssweating our toxins. One woman Rose on the recovery stories swore on coffee enemas I guess ridding of all toxins. Seemed to work for her

I think it seems that when you can start to tolerate more foods and supplements and become less sensitive you are well on your way! Caffeine isn't a good idea until someone is 100% back and even than its not for everyone. Interesting about the Weight loss theory, I'm open to that idea. For me at first onset of WD I lost too much weight as 100% of my symptoms were in my gut. I was 24/7 pain so couldn't eat food for long time. So my weight loss was large and my Body wore down. But if it stays in fats stores than losing weight would be good idea. Or somone who can tolerate a bit of a sauna may ssweating our toxins. One woman Rose on the recovery stories swore on coffee enemas I guess ridding of all toxins. Seemed to work for her

Great points! Indeed that's a sign that one's system is healing from all the toxins and damage; when they can begin to take something that their body rejected months or weeks prior!! I'm still amazed that I can handle the supplements I take each week since I had no chance in hell to do so even just months ago.

Saunas are a great detoxifier without a doubt. Never even heard of coffee enemas before and I'm not even sure I'd want to. But hey if it works or lessens any of these severe symptoms in people-well just don't let the drug companies know about it or they'll probably ban it for good from the shelves.

• Moderator Emeritus

The idea of the signature is to give a quick easy-to-understand overview of your medication and withdrawal history: Just list

• your medications,
  • the doses and
  • the dates you started them,
  • the dates you stopped them and/or
  • the dates you changed doses.
I don't mean to sound difficult here, truly I don't, since I completely understand the logic behind asking each member for a thorough med history-but not everyone has or wishes to keep every little detail about their drug history. Including every exact dose, date, med, etc. Some might do this and I commend them for doing so! But others just don't bother to or care to. And if one has been on psych drugs (many that is) over say, a 20 year period, how are they possibly going to recall every little detail? But again I completely understand the logic behind asking for at least a general history.

JJ -- were asking for recent history the last 2 years as best as a person can remember -- NOT 20 years of chapter and verse of medications, doses and symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Okay thanks for clarifying that.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi JJ,

I've moved the new topic you created in the Intro forum to the Finding Meaning forum.  Each member has only 1 Intro/Update topic.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Wow! Great story to hear! Big encouragement to me! Many thanks! 

I am currently dealing with Akathisia symptoms, which are absolutely hell... 

2006 October Zoloft 50mg for anxiety.

2013 March Lexapro 10mg for 18 months to 2015 September.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2016 11th November taper to 9mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

May 22nd- 6.3mg, June 10th- 5.7mg, Nov- 4.4mg, Dec- 4.3mg,

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Thanks JayJohnny for sharing ur experience and advice!!! Much appreciated!! All the best to u :)

2004 Sept- 20 mgs of Paxil for Panic Disorder

2013-August to 2015-February tapered from 20mgs to 0 mgs

(20-17.5-15-12.5-10-7.5-5-2.5-0)-stayed at each dose from 2-3 months

2015-March panic disorder came back re-instated 10 mgs of Paxil

2016-Oct was increased to 20 mgs of Paxil

2016-Nov was decreased to 10 mgs of Paxil bc of side effects on the 20mg dose

2017-Jan 8.75mgs

Thanks JayJohnny for sharing ur experience and advice!!! Much appreciated!! All the best to u :)

Thanks and same to you!

Sorry to hear of your struggles I don't know what Akathisia is but I wouldn't be surprised if it was drug induced! Is that correct? From personal experience, I know firsthand how many awful thoughts and conditions these poisons can induce in a person. I have come to learn the hard way that most of these things are designed to ruin lives or kill. Plain and simply and that most generics are not even close to brand name antidepressants!!

Sorry to hear of your struggles I don't know what Akathisia is but I wouldn't be surprised if it was drug induced! Is that correct? From personal experience, I know firsthand how many awful thoughts and conditions these poisons can induce in a person. I have come to learn the hard way that most of these things are designed to ruin lives or kill. Plain and simply and that most generics are not even close to brand name antidepressants!!

Yes, only these awful drugs can induce akathisia, I got too many terrible thoughts and they mixed together... Akathisia is the worst one I experienced, it is a mixed symptoms with physical feet extremely uncomfortable. While the feet is uncomfortable, the mind also goes crazy, such as anxiety to the top, doomed feeling, agitated depression, the worst is suicidal ideation, it can come up without my welcoming! So overall, it is a torture from both physical and psychological. 

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Rain u describe it so well mate!

Yes, only these awful drugs can induce akathisia, I got too many terrible thoughts and they mixed together... Akathisia is the worst one I experienced, it is a mixed symptoms with physical feet extremely uncomfortable. While the feet is uncomfortable, the mind also goes crazy, such as anxiety to the top, doomed feeling, agitated depression, the worst is suicidal ideation, it can come up without my welcoming! So overall, it is a torture from both physical and psychological.

Thank you for explaining that Rain. I feel a lot of your pain since I have struggled with many of those symptoms you listed. Without a doubt most if not all drug induced!! The more I think about it I have come to the conclusion that these toxic poisons should have been classified as illegal at least a decade ago or put into the same category as illegal street drugs. But worse still, even the illegal street drugs typically have less side effects and a shorter and milder withdrawal than these evil things! What does that tell you? I kid you not! If nothing else, they should be RESTRICTED to short term use (6-8 months tops) and NO LONGER!!!!!!!

Nasty nasty drugs

Hey Johnny, 

Many thanks for understanding me. We both experienced these nightmares. And I am still suffering, yesterday I was having a Ok day, which made me pretty happy. But today, stomach agitated, everything's back again. The feet feeling is awful, I hate this... 

Hope I will be better soon... 

Regards

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg