SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Thanks JC your very kind with dealing with your own nightmare also .

I was in the kitchen there finding something to eat and when I opened the fridge a thought comes into my head  "surely theres a good book in all this suffering ";).

Be safe and take care .

There is spiritual learning in the long run, but I know, we are not Mother Theresa.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

There is spiritual learning in the long run, but I know, we are not Mother Theresa.

Exactly JC I agree. 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Last nights nightmare I was homeless on the street as people walked past me .dam yikes is all I have to say ;).the fact this was in public kind of makes me wonder its to do with the guilt/shame of my situation ,you see in the society we live in your not sick unless theres a label and diagnosis ,I'm behind the curtains today because even looking out the window at my neighbourhood is a giant trigger for my raging critic .

I know for a fact my symptoms wouldn't be as extreme if I lived else were but after a while id be bored .the never ending cycle . 

No need to reply unless anyone wants to ,I just want to document the nightmare ,its the worst one Ive had from many .

Peace to everyone .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I get a lot of nightmares when reducing - the next day I feel totally shocked - they usually are very detailed nut they can provide you with insight.  I have had nightmares when withdrawin from the full range of psychiatric meds.  They usually come on rows of 3 nights when a reduction takes effect.

Take care - how is your relationship with your girlfriend?  No need to reply - hope it is OK

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

56 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

I get a lot of nightmares when reducing - the next day I feel totally shocked - they usually are very detailed nut they can provide you with insight.  I have had nightmares when withdrawin from the full range of psychiatric meds.  They usually come on rows of 3 nights when a reduction takes effect.

Take care - how is your relationship with your girlfriend?  No need to reply - hope it is OK

Joy

Hi joy ye there horrible aren't they ,its October since I had a drop .

can you call it a relationship with me being so sick ,the women has blind respect/faith in  me.life is about living and the last 6 months especially is a nightmare . ide say that's why the dream was so vivid .

If I get much more sick ile end up on a hospital ward .

Maybe I need to take some acceptance that my life is over as I know it ,this is a shocking existence to put it simply .

My environment plays a huge factor in this but I was in this hole even before withdrawl ,but the meds did there job and kept me docile .

Take care joy .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hospital is not always a terrible thing - I have been there a lot of times and they kept me alive to be where I am today and for that I am grateful.  Trouble is they like to use meds on hospital.  At least you are honest - you had some of this before withdrawal.

I recognise I have had significant illness on the past but at the same time did not always do well on the meds.

relationships can and do survive though.  You always seem to be struggling - do you have any peace at all?

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

• Mentor
5 hours ago, powerback said:

Last nights nightmare I was homeless on the street as people walked past me .dam yikes is all I have to say ;).the fact this was in public kind of makes me wonder its to do with the guilt/shame of my situation ,you see in the society we live in your not sick unless there's a label and diagnosis ,I'm behind the curtains today because even looking out the window at my neighborhood is a giant trigger for my raging critic .

So glad you mentioned this. A week ago, I had a nightmare that was horrific. Swimming underwater in a parking garage that had a ramp leading to the street. The water was black. But most disturbing of all was that black body bags were falling from the ceiling, all around. All I can say is that it was intense and disturbing. Glad to see other responses about nightmares in WD. Oy vey. Poweratcha, powerback.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

1 hour ago, joy2730 said:

Hospital is not always a terrible thing - I have been there a lot of times and they kept me alive to be where I am today and for that I am grateful.  Trouble is they like to use meds on hospital.  At least you are honest - you had some of this before withdrawal.

I recognise I have had significant illness on the past but at the same time did not always do well on the meds.

relationships can and do survive though.  You always seem to be struggling - do you have any peace at all?

Joy

this winter its gotten very bad joy .ile just keep on trucking .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

45 minutes ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

So glad you mentioned this. A week ago, I had a nightmare that was horrific. Swimming underwater in a parking garage that had a ramp leading to the street. The water was black. But most disturbing of all was that black body bags were falling from the ceiling, all around. All I can say is that it was intense and disturbing. Glad to see other responses about nightmares in WD. Oy vey. Poweratcha, powerback.

Yikes FGW ,its connected to the fact I nearly left were I'm living the other day but I stopped and realised ide be in big trouble not far off if I did .but its hard living with someone in withdrawl and I'm painfully aware of this . 

I had one the other month were I was on the top of a building and there was a slide .so i jumped on it and came out into deep water and woke up in a sweat in the bed :unsure:.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/29/2018 at 3:46 AM, powerback said:

Thanks again Sky for your visit ,it actually means a lot to me ,we simply just keep fighting .

Take care and I hope your well .

You're welcome, and definitely keep fighting. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

The seeds I'm buying for nutrition  are passing straight through me now , Money down the drain .

So there's no point eating food until my anxiety and adrenalin  calms down :angry:

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Your posts are worrying me. Are you ok ? Thinking of you and hoping that you're doing better. :wub::)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Mentor
On 4/3/2018 at 5:29 AM, powerback said:

The seeds I'm buying for nutrition  are passing straight through me now , Money down the drain .

So there's no point eating food until my anxiety and adrenalin  calms down :angry:

oh you have severe diarrhea then? this is the time when eating fish, meat and eggs may be good, I don't know

When food was passing thru me quickly and I was losing weight way too fast, I found that eating hamburgers and fish and eggs helped to slow down my digestion.

I would eat fish 2 times a week, and maybe grab a burger once or twice a week, or even some roasted turkey or have some scrambled eggs.

I hope your digestion gets back to normal soon!!

how are you feeling now?

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
1 hour ago, AliG said:

Your posts are worrying me. Are you ok ? Thinking of you and hoping that you're doing better. :wub::)

Hi A ,nope I'm in a state ,I can feel all my muscles and bones just seeping out energy and pain.ive a massive knot in my kneck  .I got some sun yesterday .my biggest symptoms are mental anguish ,I just cant turn my brain or thoughts off .

This journey has shown how much  spiritually I was lacking and simply how  shallow I was ,take away certain ability's from me and I'm just threading water .

I have a weeks   break coming up in 2 weeks so it will give me something to aim at ,ive a short flight to the uk but I need to get away from were I live .

I see the sun is out tomorrow so ile aim to get out in it .

Thanks for your concern A ,I hope your well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, Happy2Heal said:

oh you have severe diarrhea then? this is the time when eating fish, meat and eggs may be good, I don't know

When food was passing thru me quickly and I was losing weight way too fast, I found that eating hamburgers and fish and eggs helped to slow down my digestion.

I would eat fish 2 times a week, and maybe grab a burger once or twice a week, or even some roasted turkey or have some scrambled eggs.

I hope your digestion gets back to normal soon!!

how are you feeling now?

I cant claim to have diarrhoea H2H ,I think its severe anxiety and panic shutting my system down  in the mornings .today I didn't eat until 12 .your my food planner today :D.I mite get the best chicken/turkey  I can find later and make a burger .no bun though ,I'm trying to reduce my gluten intake .just had my bean veg soup ,so yummy .

I haven't weighted myself for months but I seem to be staying at a steady weight ,I have lost muscle mass in the last 6 weeks . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I'm going to put this out there ~ if any of us say that we're improving - everyone misunderstands and thinks that we are " totally over it " when that is not exactly the case. It takes time and patience ~ and it can be ongoing ...  it is often a  "work in progress". It's a great work , but one nevertheless. It takes time and ... then even more. 

If you go back and look at the success stories ... they all say the same ... TIME. TIME ...

I've tried supplements, exercise, juice & smoothies and nothing compares to TIME OFF DRUGS. Unfortunately, it takes an inordinate amount of time, just doing nothing. It's excruciating!

Sorry, folks ... it's just what I have found ...

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

26 minutes ago, AliG said:

I'm going to put this out there ~ if any of us say that we're improving - everyone misunderstands and thinks that we are " totally over it " when that is not exactly the case. It takes time and patience ~ and it can be ongoing ...  it is often a  "work in progress". It's a great work , but one nevertheless. It takes time and ... then even more. 

If you go back and look at the success stories ... they all say the same ... TIME. TIME ...

I've tried supplements, exercise, juice & smoothies and nothing compares to TIME OFF DRUGS. Unfortunately, it takes an inordinate amount of time, just doing nothing. It's excruciating!

Exactly A just Time off the drugs ,all the more reason for me to be regretful for decisions I  made .all on my own back .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I'm sorry you're in such a state,  I'm concerned for you too.  Was going to post the BRAT diet for you bananas, rice, applesauce, toast - then saw your post that it's not the runs per se. 

I'm in a 12 step program, and there we're taught to take things one day at a time,  one minute at a time,  one heartbeat at a time if necessary. It helps to keep those hours and days from piling up on you all at once. 

I'm hoping for better days ahead for you. 

Apr 09 2013 started taking 30mg Remeron

Oct 10 2013 began tapering 27 mg  Nov 07/ 24 mg  Nov 27/ 22 mg  Dec 20/ 20mg

***Stopped taper and reinstated back up to 30mg shortly afterwards due to the symptoms that I was taking Remeron for came back. The Exact Same symptoms. I wasn't willing to live through that again.

2nd attempt at tapering.

Feb 20 2017/ 28 mg  Mar 20/ 25 mg   Apr 20/ 23 mg  May 21/ 22mg  June 21/ 21mg  July 15/ 20mg  Aug 5/ 19mg Aug22/18mg  Oct 21/ 17 mg  Nov 27/ 16 mg  Dec 26/ 15mg  Jan 27 2018/ 14mg  Mar 1/ 13mg  Mar 31/ 12 mg 

Apr 28/ 11mg  May 27/ 10 mg  July 7/ 9 mg  Aug 4/ 8.1 mg  Aug 31/ 7.2 mg  Sept 29/ 6.3 mg  Oct 28/ 5.6 mg 

Nov 26/ 5 mg  Dec 25/ 4.5 mg   01/03/2020 .65 mg  03/11/20  - 0.36 mg- omg omw to being AD free!

I also take 30mg Temazepam for sleep every night, Pulmicort 180mcg inhaler 2x/day for cough variant asthma, albuterol inhaler as needed, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, omega 3 fish oil, 400mg magnesium malate, potassium iodide, CBD oil 25 - 30mgs/day

HOPE = Hold On, Pain Ends

We can't beat ourselves up ~

Do the best until you know better, then when you know better ~ do better" ~ Maya Angelou ~

That's all we can do ~

Ali

1 hour ago, Kitson said:

I'm sorry you're in such a state,  I'm concerned for you too.  Was going to post the BRAT diet for you bananas, rice, applesauce, toast - then saw your post that it's not the runs per se. 

I'm in a 12 step program, and there we're taught to take things one day at a time,  one minute at a time,  one heartbeat at a time if necessary. It helps to keep those hours and days from piling up on you all at once. 

I'm hoping for better days ahead for you. 

Hi K ,is that all you eat on that diet ,I stew my own apples when I get the apples .

just back from the grocery store ,very weak and sluggish ,very sore at the hips.this ramps up my health anxiety.

I'm a little better than yesterday mentally ,ile take that for now.ive been very emotional lately ,so I think this is warring on my system .

I got a nice organic chicken ,ile roast that for dinner ,yummy .

Good on ye doing the 12 steps ,I did a few AA meetings at the start of quitting drink .drink was just a way out for me ,but theres also food ,spending money and hoarding ,working every hour aloud ,its part of ignoring and coping with any kind of "trauma "

when withdrawl goes on so long there needs to be a similar 12 steps for it to encompass friends/family to understand . 

Thanks again and be well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, AliG said:

We can't beat ourselves up ~

Do the best until you know better, then when you know better ~ do better" ~ Maya Angelou ~

That's all we can do ~

Ali

Thanks A ,yep I agree .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, AliG said:

You say "time off drugs" for those of us trying to get stable ON drugs before starting a taper, would the same apply? I guess my question is, is time the main factor for those of us like me and PB who are still taking stuff, or is time only a true healer when the crap is out of your system? 

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

11 minutes ago, DaveB said:

You say "time off drugs" for those of us trying to get stable ON drugs before starting a taper, would the same apply? I guess my question is, is time the main factor for those of us like me and PB who are still taking stuff, or is time only a true healer when the crap is out of your system? 

Very true Dave .if I look back on my past ,there's a rule of thumb of tapering from your dose but I came to the site unstable [doctors advice ],its very tricky ,I have put off tapering for a couple of reasons ,no case is comparable so watch out for this making you worry to much ,I knows its a pain but we keep practicing and coping.

I know if I just bin the drug tomorrow I'm going to be in even more serious trouble ,it really can get much

worse .the last 6 months have been the worst .

Take care Dave . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

This, of course, is the age old question and I don't think AliG was suggesting that there is no benefit to "time" until you get off the meds.  I think that even if you are holding but seeing no improvement in terms of stability that the extra time counts toward the time you need until you see healing down the road.  It is WAY more art than science and what happens for one may not be even remotely the same as what happens for another.  

The one additional thought I have regarding tapering is that to the extent we are unstable and what we are feeling is a reaction to the sensitization of our nervous system that triggers the symptom set we feel, each cut is going to (most likely) be a further stressor that will create more instability and trauma to the CNS, thereby creating more symptoms.  That will happen until the system heals.  When you are off the drugs there is no taper so no "interim" insults and less increase of symptoms (hopefully followed by reduction prior to the next cut -- not true for all).  So, the taper creates these insults to the CNS that yield increased symptoms but it does not, in my view, affect the overall timing that it takes to heal completely.  

Put differently, it's not like it's #months from the time you are off the meds until you heal.  Overall healing time is affected by a ton of different factors including the stress we are under. Since tapering is one form of stress it impacts the overall healing time but it is not linear.  And, as PB said:

26 minutes ago, powerback said:

I know if I just bin the drug tomorrow I'm going to be in even more serious trouble ,it really can get much

worse .the last 6 months have been the worst .

I don't personally believe the risk of CT is worth getting the meds out of my system.

Not sure if that provided any clarity as it was stream of consciousness, but those are some thoughts.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

25 minutes ago, apace41 said:

This, of course, is the age old question and I don't think AliG was suggesting that there is no benefit to "time" until you get off the meds.  I think that even if you are holding but seeing no improvement in terms of stability that the extra time counts toward the time you need until you see healing down the road.  It is WAY more art than science and what happens for one may not be even remotely the same as what happens for another.  

The one additional thought I have regarding tapering is that to the extent we are unstable and what we are feeling is a reaction to the sensitization of our nervous system that triggers the symptom set we feel, each cut is going to (most likely) be a further stressor that will create more instability and trauma to the CNS, thereby creating more symptoms.  That will happen until the system heals.  When you are off the drugs there is no taper so no "interim" insults and less increase of symptoms (hopefully followed by reduction prior to the next cut -- not true for all).  So, the taper creates these insults to the CNS that yield increased symptoms but it does not, in my view, affect the overall timing that it takes to heal completely.  

Put differently, it's not like it's #months from the time you are off the meds until you heal.  Overall healing time is affected by a ton of different factors including the stress we are under. Since tapering is one form of stress it impacts the overall healing time but it is not linear.  And, as PB said:

I don't personally believe the risk of CT is worth getting the meds out of my system.

Not sure if that provided any clarity as it was stream of consciousness, but those are some thoughts.

Best,

Andy

Sound Apace ,it makes sense alright .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

In the last 2 days I have  had mix ups with the dentist and the doctor ,just home from the  dentist and they said it was yesterday my appointment ,partly there incompetence but there's no  ignoring the severity of my sickness is playing the biggest role in all of this .I used the auld mindfulness and said ok no big deal ile have another appointment ,I was less cordual    with the doctors yesterday ;).I'm ready for this nightmare of withdrawl to be over a long time ago .

Thanks for the rant and be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 minutes ago, powerback said:

no  ignoring the severity of my sickness is playing the biggest role in all of this

I recognize this side effect! It's maddening! So sorry you are going through all of this!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

1 minute ago, Dalalea said:

I recognize this side effect! It's maddening! So sorry you are going through all of this!

Hi D can I blame you :D,sorry I can have a dark humour most of the time :).

Yep its quite the challenge isn't it .

A walk trough my local town fills me with dread today ,I see "heroine addicts " in better humour [no offence to them ]

My self critical mind wont stop judging my situation with what I see around me . my aim is to be fit enough for a trip in 2 weeks ,fingers crossed ile be a bit better .ile get away from were I live for a week.

sorry your not well also 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 minutes ago, powerback said:

can I blame you :D,sorry I can have a dark humour

Go ahead! Blame away! And, keep up that humor/humour, even if it's dark right now! We need it to survive!

Where are you headed? I was hoping for a trip to Ireland this year but I'm putting it on hold until I can enjoy it more. I was in Scotland, England, and Sweden last August and September (right before late WD unexpectedly hit!) When I'm feeling down, I just visualize all the beautiful scenery and feel better!

Keep on going! We will heal!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

2 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Go ahead! Blame away! And, keep up that humor/humour, even if it's dark right now! We need it to survive!

Where are you headed? I was hoping for a trip to Ireland this year but I'm putting it on hold until I can enjoy it more. I was in Scotland, England, and Sweden last August and September (right before late WD unexpectedly hit!) When I'm feeling down, I just visualize all the beautiful scenery and feel better!

Keep on going! We will heal!

Dalalea

Thanks D that's some healing sorted , now I can blame someone :D.I have family in  Scotland so its only a short little hop over .good you got that trip in before WD hit you .back in October I was visualizing a trip up to the Scottish highlands for a hike around this time ,so I'm fairly shocked how weak I am  and that wont be happening but if I just get to play with my little niece in the park that's ok .

Thanks D you too keep going and healing .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I have  noticed the last few months that when I am having very strong emotional feelings and thoughts it brings on a sore throat  and tight chest ,this is all in the literature I'm reading anyway  so no big surprise but it shows how everything in the body is connected but trying to connect to these emotions and rustle through the weeds is hard ,I probably shouldn't even be doing it in withdrawl ,so who knows hey . 

I think I have been forced sit with my thoughts more this winter since I haven't had the energy to exercise but I'm still alive :)

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

7 hours ago, powerback said:

trying to connect to these emotions and rustle through the weeds is hard ,I probably shouldn't even be doing it in withdrawl

It is hard! I like to write and once in a while something will come to light in my writing that makes me deal with some long held emotions.

I found that keeping a list of the events, memories, or feelings that come to mind is one of the best ways to keep it from being to emotional. It no longer bothers me in the same way.

I hope you can find something that helps you cope.

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Off to the doctors tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of why I am so run down and quite frankly very sick ,if all the tests come back fine  I will scream

.I have to be so careful in how I approach the doctor tomorrow because I'm very fragile and ile just be pigeon holed into "here's a patient that wants to treat themselves and not listen and take there meds  " .its a nightmare because I don't want to be going near them anymore .I would of preferred to get a different doctor than was dealing me [meds],but I was too weak willed to argue .

Its quite frankly shocking that a drug can do this ,I already fear I will be left with an autoimmune condition because of the stress and torment of all this .

God help us all ,my only hope is the fact the weather is changing for the better .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

14 hours ago, powerback said:

Off to the doctors tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of why I am so run down and quite frankly very sick ,if all the tests come back fine  I will scream

.I have to be so careful in how I approach the doctor tomorrow because I'm very fragile and ile just be pigeon holed into "here's a patient that wants to treat themselves and not listen and take there meds  " .its a nightmare because I don't want to be going near them anymore .I would of preferred to get a different doctor than was dealing me [meds],but I was too weak willed to argue .

Its quite frankly shocking that a drug can do this ,I already fear I will be left with an autoimmune condition because of the stress and torment of all this .

God help us all ,my only hope is the fact the weather is changing for the better .

hope all goes well today, chances are they will find nothing and its just down to the drugs but hopefully they will find a low vitamin D level or something that can be easily sorted and get you back feeling better, try not to strangle your doctor lol

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

hope all goes well today, chances are they will find nothing and its just down to the drugs but hopefully they will find a low vitamin D level or something that can be easily sorted and get you back feeling better, try not to strangle your doctor lol

:D  exactly DJ,I'm only in there to ask what tests he can provide ,I've no faith or confidence in him .I won't be going near the "meds" topic .

Fake it till I make it 

.Take Dj

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Back from the doctors ,did a pee test ,no infection ,getting bloods done on Thursday ,testosterone will be checked also.

when these bloods come back "normal",all it will show is the fascinatingly power of our minds and emotional state to make us sick .

never mind setting up life on mars ,if Elon musk suffered withdrawl or mental health "issues" I know were he's billions would be going ;):D . to me the power of withdrawal is the most fascinating thing on the planet for now anyhow ,I will gladly change this opinion when it is  over and find healthier fascinations .

I left the doctor's in a good place ,ile track back on what I said and I realise he is just playing the game of life and treating patients with how he learned ,  for anyone thinking of going to there doctor and ranting and raving about the meds ,your simply wasting your time and energy that you should put into your own research and healing .

My biggest battle will always be my own mind and just simply up to me to tackle and fight it .

It was interesting about  he's advice about  sleep to me was exactly what I have been researching myself ,so it goes to show you what we can learn for ourselves if we put in the effort .

I didn't last the year without a doctors visit but nearly 12 months isn't a bad start for someone that grew up hanging on every word from them .

Peace and take care . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.