SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

45 minutes ago, powerback said:

DJ be careful and keep the dose low at first with ashwaganda ,I know it claims to be relaxing for sleep but with us "lot" we need to watch for paradoxical efffect 😡.

LOL I can imagine totally being on that prom ,when the body is cooperating its great .im just back myself but im weak so just did a little boulder lifting ,strength is my thing now to focus on ,this winter scared the life out of me .

I got milk thistle yesterday ,I started with 3 tiny drops in a little water .

Here's another one .

Take care. 

yeh i started with a quarter capsule for a few days and then went to half a capsules for few days ect building up to a full capsule, it says can take 2 a day but will keep it at one for now, I did try ashwagandha last year in the 1st or 2nd month of withdrawal and it went paradoxical and kept me up all night, I didnt know about starting with small dose then though as wasnt clued up about withdrawal,

yeh keep that strength up and body strong if can, only really got another 4 months until the cold starts again so need to get strong and prepared, im dreading it also as feel so much better when out in the sun,

milk thistle is mainly for detoxing the liver yeh? 

thanks for the video will give that a watch soon

cheers

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

No winter talk DJ lol. my main thing is my strength ,being so weak was the worst thing this winter .Also I think ile supplement VD from end of august for winter . 

Milk thistle also has claims to be antioxidant and antiinflammation . 

Your welcome take care.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

No winter talk DJ lol. my main thing is my strength ,being so weak was the worst thing this winter .Also I think ile supplement VD from end of august for winter . 

Your welcome take care.

yeh thinking about it gives me shivers also, will be supplementing with vit D also, couldnt last year as even the smallest amount in morning was activating and kept me up at night, should be ok now not so sensitive,

milk thistle sounds interesting let me know how you get on with it,

enjoy your evening

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, powerback said:

Ye its definitely withdrawl causing the indecision no big deal ,I don't have  OCD in the normal thinking ,its all in the decision making .being aware of not being a perfectionist is good  sign of awareness .

Yep your correct we must focus on the windows .

Its been raining and the sun is out so there will be nice smells of nature coming from my woodland walk today .

Your very kind for checking in.

Be well and safe ,take care.

hugs right back at you .

Hi Poweback, 

Yes, OCD in decision making must be hard. When I’m in a wave I tend to get a bit like that too. I obsess about certain things, it’s really weird. It’s like you’re not yourself, everything around you feels overwhelming. At one stage I couldn’t get off my iPad, I’m not like that anymore though, I try and limit the Internet as I don’t think it’s that good to be on it all the time. I don’t think it’s good for your nervous system. 

The smells from the woodland sound amazing. There really is nothing like nature. It is really soothing, the sights, sounds and smells. Also the feeling of certain things in nature. I remember walking on some grass at the botanic gardens in the City and it was so soft and felt like rich carpet. My feet enjoyed it immensely. 

Enjoy your nature walks💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

On Sat Jun 16 2018 at 5:24 PM, powerback said:

Your welcome take care.

Hi Pb. 

Whats milk thiste? What does it do?

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

Hi PB, how you doing? did you get the medication sorted?

hope you are well today

4 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Hi PB, how you doing? did you get the medication sorted?

hope you are well today

HI DJ thanks for asking ,I'm not  well at all ,I'm beyond frustrated with the constant brain fatigue ,I'm over thinking everything ,I'm back in bed after being out getting supplies for floors I'm doing ,but I can do the floor mostly at my leisure.im getting wardrobes from ikea rather than make them .

Im wondering if the drop in carbs or even my chia seed puddings for breakfast are causing it.

my adrenals are shot ,im waking up exhausted ,my legs are sometimes going from under me .as if the signal from my brain isn't happening ,im not falling down or anything really serious but its unnerving .

Its not a typical wave ,the meds are causing this .

I found 2 weeks supply the other day in my drawer so im ok for a few days and ile pop back to them .

I need to practice being not too hard on myself while doing the work ,lately im day dreaming of the days when ide run around all day and lately in this wave im worried I wont have the energy to fill a skip .

Thanks for checking in my friend ,it means a lot .

I hope your well,i see we have a heat wave the weekend ,no doubt you will see it also.

Be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 minutes ago, powerback said:

HI DJ thanks for asking ,I'm not  well at all ,I'm beyond frustrated with the constant brain fatigue ,I'm over thinking everything ,I'm back in bed after being out getting supplies for floors I'm doing ,but I can do the floor mostly at my leisure.im getting wardrobes from ikea rather than make them .

Im wondering if the drop in carbs or even my chia seed puddings for breakfast are causing it.

my adrenals are shot ,im waking up exhausted ,my legs are sometimes going from under me .as if the signal from my brain isn't happening ,im not falling down or anything really serious but its unnerving .

Its not a typical wave ,the meds are causing this .

I found 2 weeks supply the other day in my drawer so im ok for a few days and ile pop back to them .

I need to practice being not too hard on myself while doing the work ,lately im day dreaming of the days when ide run around all day and lately in this wave im worried I wont have the energy to fill a skip .

Thanks for checking in my friend ,it means a lot .

I hope your well,i see we have a heat wave the weekend ,no doubt you will see it also.

Be safe .

Hi Pb, so sorry to hear this, there is a good chance the dropping the carbs may have caused this, I have just googled and found many articles saying fatigue and weakness happens when cut down carbs, also read it causes brain fog and effects thyroid and adrenals,

https://www.livestrong.com/article/417137-does-a-low-carb-diet-make-you-tired/

I suppose if you are not in ketosis then your body will be struggling to find energy if on low carb diet, if I was you i would make a big bowl of chicken pasta and try get some energy and strength up, other option is to try and get into ketosis so getting energy from the fats but be careful not to put any further stress on your body

also need to drink lots of water if using chia seeds,

yeh cant be hard on yourself at all and you will be back doing all those things with time,

good that you have a couple week supply left so can just focus on getting your strength back up at moment,

looking forward to the nice weather returning,

hope your day improves,

take care

21 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Pb, so sorry to hear this, there is a good chance the dropping the carbs may have caused this, I have just googled and found many articles saying fatigue and weakness happens when cut down carbs, also read it causes brain fog and effects thyroid and adrenals,

https://www.livestrong.com/article/417137-does-a-low-carb-diet-make-you-tired/

I suppose if you are not in ketosis then your body will be struggling to find energy if on low carb diet, if I was you i would make a big bowl of chicken pasta and try get some energy and strength up, other option is to try and get into ketosis so getting energy from the fats but be careful not to put any further stress on your body

also need to drink lots of water if using chia seeds,

yeh cant be hard on yourself at all and you will be back doing all those things with time,

good that you have a couple week supply left so can just focus on getting your strength back up at moment,

looking forward to the nice weather returning,

hope your day improves,

take care

that's a good point about chia seeds ,the mix is very hard ,my night time bread hasn't stopped so carbs are there .im getting complex carbs but maybe im having affects of carb  withdrawl I has cauliflower rice for dinner with lamb last night  ,I think im pretty ok with fats ,because im not that active I need to limit intake or else ile put weight on ,my mid section is holding all the weight witch is a classic stress response .my biggest problem is extreme over thinking and intrusive thoughts .

Im geting back to a better routine of bed early and up early witch is a big good sign ,winter I was sleeping in .in my mind im settling down for bed before 9.before withdrawl  I would be up from 6 onwards .

I said to my partner the other day its amazing how I can look my best and feel my worst these days lol.the clean eating works wonders for the outside anyhow .

I need to get to my veg shop later they got in an organic cabbage for me  ,im making my own sauerkraut, must get my microbiome and gut sorted.  

It warms my heart you checking in ,take care and don't sweat the small stuff .

That article is very interesting ,I'm definitely not adapted to be on the low levels of carbs at the moment so ile up my intake .

Ile cut down the meat and up the carbs for now.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

that's a good point about chia seeds ,the mix is very hard ,my night time bread hasn't stopped so carbs are there .im getting complex carbs but maybe im having affects of carb  withdrawl I has cauliflower rice for dinner with lamb last night  ,I think im pretty ok with fats ,because im not that active I need to limit intake or else ile put weight on ,my mid section is holding all the weight witch is a classic stress response .my biggest problem is extreme over thinking and intrusive thoughts .

Im geting back to a better routine of bed early and up early witch is a big good sign ,winter I was sleeping in .in my mind im settling down for bed before 9.before withdrawl  I would be up from 6 onwards .

I said to my partner the other day its amazing how I can look my best and feel my worst these days lol.the clean eating works wonders for the outside anyhow .

I need to get to my veg shop later they got in an organic cabbage for me  ,im making my own sauerkraut, must get my microbiome and gut sorted.  

It warms my heart you checking in ,take care and don't sweat the small stuff .

That article is very interesting ,I'm definitely not adapted to be on the low levels of carbs at the moment so ile up my intake .

Ile cut down the meat and up the carbs for now.

sounds like need to do some meditation to control those intrusive thoughts, good that got into a decent sleep routine, the brain likes routine apparently,

im the opposite at the moment (most of the time) I feel the best but look the worst as lost a lot of weight and muscle in this withdrawal process and face and skin looks tired at moment as been in that wave,

yeh cabbage is great stuff I often make organic cabbage juice and it makes me feel a lot better, they say there are serotonin receptors in the gut so when put the right stuff in it lifts mood etc, not tried sauerkraut though, will have to give that a go,

enjoy the rest of your day,

Hi PB,

The diet thing is an on-going challenge for me.

I struggle with extreme diets, and get depressed.  Then my body craves all the "bad stuff", and I mean REALLY craves sugar, carbs etc.,

Can only guess it's due to the reduction in serotonin or change in serotonin levels due to WD.  The result being my body desparately  craves carbs and comfort food etc.,

Also, I don't seem to have the will or discipline like I used to.  I used to be able to stick rigidly to any "regime" be it marathon training, eating carefully.......struggle now.  Although I know I'm going to have to "bite the bullet" in order to get rid of the Candida issue I have.

Apologies that this is "all about me", but hoped you could relate to some of it?

Hugs,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

45 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi PB,

The diet thing is an on-going challenge for me.

I struggle with extreme diets, and get depressed.  Then my body craves all the "bad stuff", and I mean REALLY craves sugar, carbs etc.,

Can only guess it's due to the reduction in serotonin or change in serotonin levels due to WD.  The result being my body desparately  craves carbs and comfort food etc.,

Also, I don't seem to have the will or discipline like I used to.  I used to be able to stick rigidly to any "regime" be it marathon training, eating carefully.......struggle now.  Although I know I'm going to have to "bite the bullet" in order to get rid of the Candida issue I have.

Apologies that this is "all about me", but hoped you could relate to some of it?

Hugs,

JC

Oh your fine JC I'm glad for you to chat away ,I'm exactly the same with sugar and carbs ,I've grated some sweet potatoe ,I'le put it in baking rameckons and in the oven ,I'm convinced this eating gas me in a wave along side "normal" withdrawal ,oh it's sad what our normal is  I'm on a hillside in peace here catching some sun.

Take care. 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

sounds like need to do some meditation to control those intrusive thoughts, good that got into a decent sleep routine, the brain likes routine apparently,

im the opposite at the moment (most of the time) I feel the best but look the worst as lost a lot of weight and muscle in this withdrawal process and face and skin looks tired at moment as been in that wave,

yeh cabbage is great stuff I often make organic cabbage juice and it makes me feel a lot better, they say there are serotonin receptors in the gut so when put the right stuff in it lifts mood etc, not tried sauerkraut though, will have to give that a go,

enjoy the rest of your day,

I forced myself out for some sun but even the wind in my ears is annoying so i doubt any meditation will work ,I'le ly here we're I am and dream of better days .

Take care DJ

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

18 hours ago, powerback said:

I forced myself out for some sun but even the wind in my ears is annoying so i doubt any meditation will work ,I'le ly here we're I am and dream of better days .

Take care DJ

feeling any better today PB? hope you have managed to get some strength up

7 hours ago, dj2010 said:

feeling any better today PB? hope you have managed to get some strength up

I woke this morning DJ and it was weird ,I sprung out of bed like the old days and felt normal then 10 minutes later the usuall symptoms kicked in ,ide a better day today in general. 

Hope your well ,have a nice weekend .

Take care 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

PB, Hi on your thread, I saw your meditation didnt make you so happy, but you seem already better with your symptoms to me. Maybe you can dress more warm when you want to do meditation and there is wind outside.

I am today so tired. I was at work and the whole day I get tasks from all sides. I will answer one email, five will come in the mean time. Today I am totally dead, so tired. I guess, also for me, some meditation in the green could be also good for me.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Take note DJ of this lad ,he makes good sense of being careful with adaptongens .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Take note DJ of this lad ,he makes good sense of being careful with adaptongens .

interesting PB, thanks for sharing, all looks complicated and shows need to be careful with these,

hope all is well, take care

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back into a horrible wave the last few days ,the last hour I have vertigo ,witch I rarely get so my CNS must be on fire ,

Question for the mods or anyone in the know .is it to dodgy to take anything for this vertigo , probably I'm thinking .

Thanks and take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi PB, have you tried the Epley manouvre for vertigo? I get it sometimes and discovered this by googling.  I blamed the drugs at first but this works a treat. 

This doctor explains it well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQR6b7CAiqk

I find kneeling hard so I use this method lying down and it usually works quite quickly. Of course it might not be helpful for everyone but can't do any harm and is worth trying.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJB5Vx7Xqo

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks MP for your reply  ,it's a  very dark wave ,my mood is rotten ,ide turn the air toxic .feels a little like brain zaps also ,so its hard to distinguish .I have a serc tablet but I'm afraid to touch it .my niose sensitivity is extreme also .

My asthma has been the worst the last 2 weeks for years.

I worry all kinds of ilness will attack because of the stress I'm under the last 2 years .

Ive taken on some home remodeling ,nothing big just floors and wardrobes but my poor body is ruined.ive taken it very slow but who am I kidding ,waves are like bully's ,just waiting for an opportunity to attack.

No one can stand in the way of progress and I fear deeply for my future . nothing is working, it's so sad ,he society I live in would rather gossip about you in being in hospital than actually making an effort to understand what's happened .

Thanks again I'le have a look at the links .hope your well and take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB, 

I am sorry you are in the wave. Please try to distract. It is good that you try remodelling your apartment. It always helps. Maybe you can take some photos from the nature and put them in your apartment  as pictures. I like also buying some good smelling candles or a bunch of flowers, and then I always feel better. I have a flu.  I hope that tomorrow you will feel already better.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

1 hour ago, Martina23 said:

Hi PB, 

I am sorry you are in the wave. Please try to distract. It is good that you try remodelling your apartment. It always helps. Maybe you can take some photos from the nature and put them in your apartment  as pictures. I like also buying some good smelling candles or a bunch of flowers, and then I always feel better. I have a flu.  I hope that tomorrow you will feel already better.

Thanks Martina your very kind to visit me and leave a suggestion ,my poor soul is torchured ,my poor mother visited today and I struggled to hide how I was ,it's really sad but I'le keep fighting .

I've got alot better at hiding it but that has it's consequences , people judge and question your situation/illness.

I find this part very hard to deal with and it infuriates me .I just want to disappear.

My distraction is listing to documentaries but I can't because of noise sensitivity,I'm sitting here with big ear protection on .

It has been nice doing the work but the constant anxiety is driving me insane .my partner is delighted to get the work done so that's a nice feeling .

Get well soon from your flu and I'm sorry to hear about your dental nightmare.

I hope your practicing to not watch the news ,it's just full of misery .I say this because you were talking about the situation going on in Austria,the world seems to be so intolerant ,do we ever learn .

Take great care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I'm at a stage now we're I'm willing to do anything to stop how unstable I find myself this week and especially today ,God help me  ,I can only pray I get better as the day goes on and tommorow I start a different generic med ,they can't get my usual .this feeling of sinking in quick sand is frightening ,I'm starting to dissosiate .

Take care and peace to everyone 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, powerback said:

I'm at a stage now we're I'm willing to do anything to stop how unstable I find myself this week and especially today ,God help me  ,I can only pray I get better as the day goes on and tommorow I start a different generic med ,they can't get my usual .this feeling of sinking in quick sand is frightening ,I'm starting to dissosiate .

Hi Powerback, I’m so sorry you are struggling so much at the moment. Have you changed from one brand to another in the past? I can’t read a lot at the moment so can’t go over your thread to check, severe brain fog. 

If you changed brands before did it affect you, or are you just fearful of any change? It’s amazing in this process how everything can be frightening. I’ve changed generic brands in the past and it didn’t affect me. I was concerned about going back onto the original brand though, so I’ve just stuck with generic. 

I hope you have a better day tomorrow and all goes well with the change of brands. 

Sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

21 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi Powerback, I’m so sorry you are struggling so much at the moment. Have you changed from one brand to another in the past? I can’t read a lot at the moment so can’t go over your thread to check, severe brain fog. 

If you changed brands before did it affect you, or are you just fearful of any change? It’s amazing in this process how everything can be frightening. I’ve changed generic brands in the past and it didn’t affect me. I was concerned about going back onto the original brand though, so I’ve just stuck with generic. 

I hope you have a better day tomorrow and all goes well with the change of brands. 

Sending hugs🤗

Thanks carmie your very kind to reply .Im in shock how bad it is ,I spent  a few hours this morning after I woke with extreme SI ,I've had 2 nights in a row of night terrors/nightmares .

Be well and take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB, so sorry to hear this it sounds like you are in a truly awful place at the moment, please stay strong and try not to worry to much about the new med it will probably be fine, which med have you got?

you will get through this just stay strong and take it one day at a time,

wishing you peace

• Moderator Emeritus

I’m sooo sorry you have that feeling of terror, 

I know what that feels like. Haven’t had it recently, but I can definitely relate. When that happened all I kept doing was distracting, distracting, distracting. There was nothing else I could do.

If I woke up in terror, I would turn the light on and distract myself with something straight away. I’d put on some DVDs or something, just to change my focus.

It is hard but all we can do is take a moment at a time and keep distracting ourselves when it’s that bad. 

Sending you big hugs🤗

I am so sorry you are feeling so badly (I realize that isn't even an adequate word for how you are feeling), PB.  I know how hard it is, just hold on and this wave will pass as others have before.  I am thinking about you - WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

Thanks everyone for your comments ,its much appreciated,,I'm in a terrible state ,extreme brain exhaustion  and SI .I'm off to bed for the night .in my wisdom I said ide finish the wardrobes off and take it slowly ,I scratched the brand new door  and I don't even care ,ile just return It .

Take great and be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Is it a different venlafaxine PB?  If you can manage it,  and have some of the old ones left, try to do a cross taper so that you aren't doing a straight switch. 

I hate it when they do that and it is usually down to money :huh:.  I'm sorry that you are feeling so awful. What is your dose now? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

15 hours ago, mammaP said:

Is it a different venlafaxine PB?  If you can manage it,  and have some of the old ones left, try to do a cross taper so that you aren't doing a straight switch. 

I hate it when they do that and it is usually down to money :huh:.  I'm sorry that you are feeling so awful. What is your dose now? 

The thing is I haven't started the different ones yet ,I'm wondering if taking my steroid inhaler more often the last week for my asthma has done something ,I'm shocked and very worried how unstable I am .it's nearly the worst I've ever been ,I'm ready to give up the ghost and go to a hospital and be put asleep .I'm wearing my body out with stress .

Thanks for the suggestion MP .my partner is reading stories of people getting healed after stopping ADs ,so everything is compounding my frustration .maybe I am doing something to stand in my own way .this is literally insane. 

I'm not long awake so at my worst , hopefully it eases as the day unfolds.

Thanks for your support ,it means alot .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

PB, it can be this steroid inhaler. After my withdrawal I can not stand any nervous systems influencing substances as well. If you can, dont take it si much and wait until your CNS calms down. It will calm down,you just have to wait it out (please give it three weeks)

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

It could be the inhaler, we are so sensitive that we are easily made very sick by any drugs. The weather here is very hot and oppressive which doesn't help, I don't know if it is the same where you are but I suspect it is.  Please don't start the new drug withput cross tapering, I react very badly to new brands and have to be sure I have enough to do a cross taper to prevent the straight switch, that means always ordering at least 3 weeks befor I run out just in case they change the brand. 

2002  effexor. 

35 minutes ago, mammaP said:

It could be the inhaler, we are so sensitive that we are easily made very sick by any drugs. The weather here is very hot and oppressive which doesn't help, I don't know if it is the same where you are but I suspect it is.  Please don't start the new drug withput cross tapering, I react very badly to new brands and have to be sure I have enough to do a cross taper to prevent the straight switch, that means always ordering at least 3 weeks befor I run out just in case they change the brand. 

I've not enough for a cross taper ,my only option is  to go chemist today and see if I'm in luck with them having my usual drug .

Ye I agree about the weather ,pollen counts are through the roof and I've noticed I have hay fever ,I never usually get it .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

59 minutes ago, Martina23 said:

PB, it can be this steroid inhaler. After my withdrawal I can not stand any nervous systems influencing substances as well. If you can, dont take it si much and wait until your CNS calms down. It will calm down,you just have to wait it out (please give it three weeks)

Hi martina ,the other day I couldn't catch my breath ,it got scary .I'm in a rock and a hard place when this happens so I had to do something , obviously the DIY hasn't helped but I've taking it very slowly but not enough maybe.i have to text the guy I do some work with and say I can't work on Monday ,this is a disaster because hes not the understanding type .I asked him the other to put it off but he's problem I suppose .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.