powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

Hey PB

sorry you’re having a tough time. You deserve a break, for sure. 

Talk to Scorpio about inhaler. I know she had a terrible time with it and caused lots of problems at the beginning of her wd. I’m pretty sure she found a good alternative. 

xx lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentor

Thinking of you, @powerback and I hope you find an alternative to the inhaler. How cruel dark waves are.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

how you doing buddy? any luck with the tablets?

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

3 hours ago, dj2010 said:

how you doing buddy? any luck with the tablets?

Hi DJ ,I've started the different type of tablets this morning so wel see what joys it brings . nothing I can do if they don't have my usual .

My CNS seems to be fried ,I'm jumpy and startle very easily.i fear I will be locked up in a state hospital ,I'm getting to the point I can't even hide my horrible moods .it's shocking.

I've got most of the remodeling work done so the next week I'm doing nothing .there's painting to do but it can wait .

I'le keep fighting but it's getting ridiculous at this stage ,I cancelled some work today because I'm a liability like this .

You keep on your path my freind and stay safe and healthy .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Hi DJ ,I've started the different type of tablets this morning so wel see what joys it brings . nothing I can do if they don't have my usual .

My CNS seems to be fried ,I'm jumpy and startle very easily.i fear I will be locked up in a state hospital ,I'm getting to the point I can't even hide my horrible moods .it's shocking.

I've got most of the remodeling work done so the next week I'm doing nothing .there's painting to do but it can wait .

I'le keep fighting but it's getting ridiculous at this stage ,I cancelled some work today because I'm a liability like this .

You keep on your path my freind and stay safe and healthy .

hi PB, so far so good then at least you have had no immediate reaction, i remember in the early months of withdrawal i would startle and jump very easy, so sorry to hear things are getting so bad, hopefully you will be back into a window very soon, I wish I could help you somehow or give some better advice,

take good care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Barely 3 hours in and I'm bed ridden from the new med "the same but different generic "

I haven't the ability to keep doing this .

I'm in very dangerous territory now .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

8 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

hi PB, so far so good then at least you have had no immediate reaction, i remember in the early months of withdrawal i would startle and jump very easy, so sorry to hear things are getting so bad, hopefully you will be back into a window very soon, I wish I could help you somehow or give some better advice,

take good care

Your support is welcomed my friend but life is for living ,you keep at it .

I'm done and I can't keep at this ,it's ridiculous .being this handicapped is impossible .

I simply couldn't care anymore .

Be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 minutes ago, powerback said:

Your support is welcomed my friend but life is for living ,you keep at it .

I'm done and I can't keep at this ,it's ridiculous .being this handicapped is impossible .

I simply couldn't care anymore .

Be safe .

this is worrying PB, if you have to then go to hospital, you need some face to face support right now, is your partner around or any family? you need to tell someone what is going on with this new drug

26 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

this is worrying PB, if you have to then go to hospital, you need some face to face support right now, is your partner around or any family? you need to tell someone what is going on with this new drug

There's no point ,I'm already on my last legs with most of them ,I get now why people don't talk about this stuff ,it's too damaging to others and the cycle never ends .I've already worried my partner too much too the point of she wants to leave (can't blame her really).I'le hide this for ever now .

In my case Ive done enough research to know the "help" is useless .I'le keep going for the countless lives ruined on the aragonce of a doctor's advice .

.I wouldn't go near the hospital ,I've read way to much of how useless they are ,I'le never come back from that .

100% side affects I've been stuck with ,I should of made a better effort to come off them ages ago .

I think I'le just put blind Faith into what ever happens .

Don't for one second let anything keep you from recovery . always keep learning my freind .

I've a constant hunger also ,I must be very mindful when using the cooker and turn it off lol.

A case like mine is frustrating because help only goes so far ,a bit like a rescue helicopter going out in a storm to help ,at what point do you stop the rescue because others are in danger.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

10 minutes ago, powerback said:

There's no point ,I'm already on my last legs with most of them ,I get now why people don't talk about this stuff ,it's too damaging to others and the cycle never ends .I've already worried my partner too much too the point of she wants to leave (can't blame her really).I'le hide this for ever now .

In my case Ive done enough research to know the "help" is useless .I'le keep going for the countless lives ruined on the aragonce of a doctor's advice .

.I wouldn't go near the hospital ,I've read way to much of how useless they are ,I'le never come back from that .

100% side affects I've been stuck with ,I should of made a better effort to come off them ages ago .

I think I'le just put blind Faith into what ever happens .

Don't for one second let anything keep you from recovery . always keep learning my freind .

you will get through this PB, as soon as stable enough I think you need to have a good chat with alto about the best course of action and maybe put together some sort of game plan,

don't hesitate to contact me if need any support,

hope your day improves

4 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

you will get through this PB, as soon as stable enough I think you need to have a good chat with alto about the best course of action and maybe put together some sort of game plan,

don't hesitate to contact me if need any support,

hope your day improves

Sound my friend thanks .I can see the wrong roads I went down in this journey so I'le sleep in the bed that I made lol,I'm full of analogies .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I've a question for the mods ,I'm going to chemist to get the name brand effexor ,only first day and I've strong debilitating side effects .

What you think ?

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

any better today? have you counted the beads in the new drug you have as it will probably be different than your old brand so you will need to adjust the dose the best you can to match your usual dose

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

any better today? have you counted the beads in the new drug you have as it will probably be different than your old brand so you will need to adjust the dose the best you can to match your usual dose

Good point DJ ,I just took the normal 6 out ,it's interesting actually living in hell ,I had 2 weeks supply of the usual med so I knew this was coming ,I think I'm dissosiateing now because it's going on so long ,I'm willing to ignore what I'm going through and live in fantasy land in my memory of being normal , it's creating a new sense of mental illness I think .

We're  not designed for this amount of torture and anguish .it's soon going to get taken out of my hands ide say .the only reason I don't go to hospitals is because I know from what I've read I won't come out without pumped full of drugs. 

I think since I was a child I've been used to misery and this is just  the premiership version .this isn't a pitty party .it's the brutal faced truth .

This is site for coming off drugs safely not a live constant car crash simulator witch I am providing .

Beyond had enough.

Be safe my friend.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Good point DJ ,I just took the normal 6 out ,it's interesting actually living in hell ,I had 2 weeks supply of the usual med so I knew this was coming ,I think I'm dissosiateing now because it's going on so long ,I'm willing to ignore what I'm going through and live in fantasy land in my memory of being normal , it's creating a new sense of mental illness I think .

We're  not designed for this amount of torture and anguish .it's soon going to get taken out of my hands ide say .the only reason I don't go to hospitals is because I know from what I've read I won't come out without pumped full of drugs. 

I think since I was a child I've been used to misery and this is just  the premiership version .this isn't a pitty party .it's the brutal faced truth .

This is site for coming off drugs safely not a live constant car crash simulator witch I am providing .

Beyond had enough.

Be safe my friend.

you need to count the beads as im sure the brand effexor has a lot more beads than other brands, you will end up on a higher dose, don't be too hard on yourself you will get through this, this suffering is something that most of us on here have to go through, it seems like it will never end as it goes on just too long but things will get better, i know what you mean though about having enough of it all, feeling the exact same myself today,

hope things improve today

• Moderator Emeritus

What was the name of the one you had before PB ? Have you any left at all,  if you have just one you can count the beads in both so you can tell how much you are taking.  Mine had 200 to 37.5. If your new one has 124 and you took 6 out, that is a big difference when you are so sensitive. 

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

I have just re-read the first 5 pages, which tell me that you were taking venlafaxine and you counted 120 beads? 

You need to count the beads in the effexor. 

I noticed that you posted some positive updates when you felt better after starting the tablets with split dosing, but you didn't log when you went back to the capsules.  Can you remember anything about that? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

38 minutes ago, mammaP said:

I have just re-read the first 5 pages, which tell me that you were taking venlafaxine and you counted 120 beads? 

You need to count the beads in the effexor. 

I noticed that you posted some positive updates when you felt better after starting the tablets with split dosing, but you didn't log when you went back to the capsules.  Can you remember anything about that? 

Hi MP ,I didn't do split doseing from what I can remember for any serious lenght of time .

I haven't a leg to stand on when an authority figure like a chemist tells me theyve stopped making the one I take and there the same drug ,just different brand ,I'm too unstable to go near them today ,I'm very quick to rage . nothing works when this bad ,I just need to stay away from everyone .

Maybe I'le stick one or two beads back in ? 

Thanks for your time ,your a star.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Its hard to know PB, we really, really need to know the difference in the number of beads. You could have gone either up or down with the dose. If you went up and had a reaction you would need to reduce, but if you went down you would need to updose. 

Can you tell us more about your symptoms, hour by hour, what happens when you have taken your daily dose, when do you take it, how do you feel when it is due?  A lot to go through but important stuff.  

2002  effexor. 

I have to try something different with tomorrows dose so im going to take 4 beads out instead of 6 ,this is dangerous now .

Its becoming farcical .

I'm wondering if the feeling of trying to catch my breath is anxiety or my asthma ,all day I'm struggling pretty bad .my heart is thumping hard from taking the asthma inhaler . 

I believe the body only has so much with this intensity of torture. I really  wish I was exaggerating .the worst is the rabies like mood/irritation  that comes over me .this tapering in my case has been a farce   .I believe I've been fooling myself the whole time.

I'm livid beyond belief  .do they put chemist incompetence on there chart when im locked up in a ward.

God bloody help me .

I know, I'm the first to see the pity party but I need to log this . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Sorry to hear you are felling so bad, it’s no good guessing though you really need to count the beads and see how many are in the new capsule and then work out how many beads to take out to match your old previous dose, 

i imagine it will take a while for your system to get used to the new brand so might just have to sit it out and wait,

like they have not made our lives difficult enough without swapping brands all the time and causing further misery

hope you see some improvements soon

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote and reduced font

• Administrator
On 7/9/2018 at 4:16 AM, powerback said:

Barely 3 hours in and I'm bed ridden from the new med "the same but different generic "

I haven't the ability to keep doing this .

I'm in very dangerous territory now .

What are the new symptoms like? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. We need this information to see if a drug is causing a problem.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hey, powerback, perhaps you remember me, I was active on the forums a year ago as SAD, during a Zoloft withdrawal that I failed...
It was a long time coping with very bad symptoms, but because my previous withdrawal had worked and I'd experienced some symptoms during it as well, just much milder, I assumed when I came clean the symptoms would just clear up... But instead I ended up with an unbelievable muscle pain and temperature deregulation... But since I'd spent 10 months tapering and a large part of that time coping with bad symptoms, I tried holding, which was a pretty bad idea. I remember I even drank some amber moonshine to be able to sleep through the pain... Hahaha. I was in a very bad mood at that time, so apologies for anything that I said that might have been upsetting.

I'm really sorry to hear you have to deal with those symptoms. I wanted to share my experience with what I believe is the single most important factor that determines the success of the withdrawal process. Which is half-life of the drug. In retrospect, I've come to the conclusion it is the only reason that the Olanzapine withdrawal suceeded, but the Zoloft one failed, when I took even more time with it because I slowed down the pace once I started feeling some pretty bad symptoms. So working on this assumption, I switched to Prozac, and I've been able to go on pretty much symptom free and nicely stable far below the doses that I couldn't cope with on Zoloft.

Now I know the Prozac bridge is not something that is recommended here, and I can understand that, seeing as the dose that fully removed the WD for me was 40 mg, which is an extremely strong dose, that made me pretty much unable to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night. Very strong tension, akathisia, being prone to mania, and I would wake up several times a night and this withdrawal process, while WD symptom free and stable has made it for me very hard to sleep, especially at higher doses... I'm able to get enough rest now with no problem, but not really while maintaining a normal circadian rythm, which is no problem for me, because I work from home.

But the fact that I have been able to go on symptom free, even despite having to cope with really serious insomnia, further confirms for me that, at least in my case, the half-life is what really matters. I would even say some bad life experiences have had no effect on the process either, my dog died that previous Summer, but I still have been able to go on. If you google Prozac + insomnia you can find a lot of people have this problem with it,waking up several times a night, not being able to consistently get enough sleep (but then some people are lucky).

I've read about the possibility of not being able to remove WD symptoms with another drug... Well, I've taken a lot of them during my tenure and I've never had any problems switching between them. In the case of Prozac, I tried 30 mg initially and it didn't work, but then 40 just managed to fix my neurochemistry being out of whack.

So, speaking from my experience only, I would suggest that perhaps you at some point consider bridging with a drug that has a longer half-life if you decide this isn't working for you. I know Effexor's half-life is ridiculously short, much more than Zoloft. When I got hit by the insomnia at 40 mg Prozac I considered trying Citalopram instead, which has a half-life of 35 hours, quite close to that of Olanzapine. But I finally decided I didn't want to risk another switch when my nervous system was already under strain, considering as well another thing that people bring up here, which is that there are discrepancies in the receptor binding affinities of these drugs, so at that point I'd already further destabilized my neurochemistry with Prozac... And in addition the half-life of Prozac is around a week, so much longer than Citalopram's. Still, Citalopram could probably make the withdrawal process much easier, as well.

Best of luck and I hope things improve for you soon

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. We need this information to see if a drug is causing a problem.

The mods are trying to help you but you need to provide the information that is being requested.  This is an example of the symptom diary:

A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

18 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Hey, powerback, perhaps you remember me, I was active on the forums a year ago as SAD, during a Zoloft withdrawal that I failed...
It was a long time coping with very bad symptoms, but because my previous withdrawal had worked and I'd experienced some symptoms during it as well, just much milder, I assumed when I came clean the symptoms would just clear up... But instead I ended up with an unbelievable muscle pain and temperature deregulation... But since I'd spent 10 months tapering and a large part of that time coping with bad symptoms, I tried holding, which was a pretty bad idea. I remember I even drank some amber moonshine to be able to sleep through the pain... Hahaha. I was in a very bad mood at that time, so apologies for anything that I said that might have been upsetting.

I'm really sorry to hear you have to deal with those symptoms. I wanted to share my experience with what I believe is the single most important factor that determines the success of the withdrawal process. Which is half-life of the drug. In retrospect, I've come to the conclusion it is the only reason that the Olanzapine withdrawal suceeded, but the Zoloft one failed, when I took even more time with it because I slowed down the pace once I started feeling some pretty bad symptoms. So working on this assumption, I switched to Prozac, and I've been able to go on pretty much symptom free and nicely stable far below the doses that I couldn't cope with on Zoloft.

Now I know the Prozac bridge is not something that is recommended here, and I can understand that, seeing as the dose that fully removed the WD for me was 40 mg, which is an extremely strong dose, that made me pretty much unable to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night. Very strong tension, akathisia, being prone to mania, and I would wake up several times a night and this withdrawal process, while WD symptom free and stable has made it for me very hard to sleep, especially at higher doses... I'm able to get enough rest now with no problem, but not really while maintaining a normal circadian rythm, which is no problem for me, because I work from home.

But the fact that I have been able to go on symptom free, even despite having to cope with really serious insomnia, further confirms for me that, at least in my case, the half-life is what really matters. I would even say some bad life experiences have had no effect on the process either, my dog died that previous Summer, but I still have been able to go on. If you google Prozac + insomnia you can find a lot of people have this problem with it,waking up several times a night, not being able to consistently get enough sleep (but then some people are lucky).

I've read about the possibility of not being able to remove WD symptoms with another drug... Well, I've taken a lot of them during my tenure and I've never had any problems switching between them. In the case of Prozac, I tried 30 mg initially and it didn't work, but then 40 just managed to fix my neurochemistry being out of whack.

So, speaking from my experience only, I would suggest that perhaps you at some point consider bridging with a drug that has a longer half-life if you decide this isn't working for you. I know Effexor's half-life is ridiculously short, much more than Zoloft. When I got hit by the insomnia at 40 mg Prozac I considered trying Citalopram instead, which has a half-life of 35 hours, quite close to that of Olanzapine. But I finally decided I didn't want to risk another switch when my nervous system was already under strain, considering as well another thing that people bring up here, which is that there are discrepancies in the receptor binding affinities of these drugs, so at that point I'd already further destabilized my neurochemistry with Prozac... And in addition the half-life of Prozac is around a week, so much longer than Citalopram's. Still, Citalopram could probably make the withdrawal process much easier, as well.

Best of luck and I hope things improve for you soon

HI Iatrogenesis no apologies needed to me ,ive been worse ide say .I totally get you about the half life .

Thanks for a very detailed explanation  of your story .going by my  history of meds sensitivity I would be very foolish to try a bridge but im already past the long patience of everyone around me.do they really think I enjoy this 

very long ago at the start of my journey a doctor gave me a med and it was horrific what it did to me ,I was balling crying in the foetal position for hours ,it was bad on a level I still haven't felt.

This has nothing to do with the great help from the moderators that ive had and that they give, im in awe  of them ,they are amazing ,but I think ive been wrong from the start .I came to the site in withdrawl and I foolishly bought into the tapering when I should of went back up to the  original dose 75mg.i unknowingly burnt my body out trying to cope with symptoms  .the brain really can trick itself  into things when under extreme pressure .im at the stage now were I will except ile never be the same again ,handicapped for life.

Meds need to be tapered from the get go when you decide to come off.i just put blind faith into the process and I was wrong in the hope of trying to have a normal life or hold onto a life. now I live with a constant fear of being put away and dumped .Its astounding ive got this far but I know I don't have another winter in me so im in constant agony of what comes .

you cant foresee certain aspects of withdrawl past a year or 2 because its simply impossible ,between my brain not able to absorb information and the confusion .at the moment im in the worst case possible scenario  ,asthma very bad ,an old back injury flaring up ,and med change is all compounding to my body unable to get the revs past were it needs to be .

Anyway im stopping with the rant .

Take care and thanks so much for your info ,I wish you well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

16 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

The mods are trying to help you but you need to provide the information that is being requested.  This is an example of the symptom diary:

A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

HI CC .my case is a simple as beads in or out ,I don't get any nausea really and im strict with food and sleep .

Today I slept past my normal wake time because I was exhausted ,I woke at 10.30 and was paralysed with  exhaustion.  

If I wrote a diary it would be every second of intrusive thoughts .I have them 24/7 .

The last few months my background thoughts even distract me and are taking over  from what im actually doing ,ie watching something ,doing something ,or even as I write .so the drug is making me very sick  .theres no effects but side affects and symptoms .

I appreciate some one like myself tests   moderators  patience I really do   but this is not the intension .

I've held at 6 beads  since October .

most of the winter I was  very sick and I know I should of counted the beads in that batch for the average and compared it to the average of this different batch .but who knows if that would of even mattered .

Thanks for the explanation and take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What are the new symptoms like? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. We need this information to see if a drug is causing a problem.

Hi Alto I hope your well .I only take 37.5 mg minus the six beads [today minus 4 because of the med change to try change the symptoms ].since the med change there is massive brain fatigue  and a swelling or throbbing of my brain .

Im 24 hours now going around the house with ear defenders because noise sensitivity is so sever ,I get extreme irritation from hearing people talk .if a car goes up  the road were I live its horrible .

Thanks and be well.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, powerback said:

HI Iatrogenesis no apologies needed to me ,ive been worse ide say .I totally get you about the half life .

Thanks for a very detailed explanation  of your story .going by my  history of meds sensitivity I would be very foolish to try a bridge but im already past the long patience of everyone around me.do they really think I enjoy this 

very long ago at the start of my journey a doctor gave me a med and it was horrific what it did to me ,I was balling crying in the foetal position for hours ,it was bad on a level I still haven't felt.

This has nothing to do with the great help from the moderators that ive had and that they give, im in awe  of them ,they are amazing ,but I think ive been wrong from the start .I came to the site in withdrawl and I foolishly bought into the tapering when I should of went back up to the  original dose 75mg.i unknowingly burnt my body out trying to cope with symptoms  .the brain really can trick itself  into things when under extreme pressure .im at the stage now were I will except ile never be the same again ,handicapped for life.

Meds need to be tapered from the get go when you decide to come off.i just put blind faith into the process and I was wrong in the hope of trying to have a normal life or hold onto a life. now I live with a constant fear of being put away and dumped .Its astounding ive got this far but I know I don't have another winter in me so im in constant agony of what comes .

you cant foresee certain aspects of withdrawl past a year or 2 because its simply impossible ,between my brain not able to absorb information and the confusion .at the moment im in the worst case possible scenario  ,asthma very bad ,an old back injury flaring up ,and med change is all compounding to my body unable to get the revs past were it needs to be .

Anyway im stopping with the rant .

Take care and thanks so much for your info ,I wish you well .

Powerback, you have to calm down and see it a bit from distance. You had a bad reaction to the medication, it is another brand. Therefore the symptoms  are at their height. Nothing more, nothing less. You have to survive it until you come off. Then you will feel the same nice life you lived prior meds. It is just a bad period of life. You only have to go through.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Mentor
On 1/9/2017 at 11:19 AM, powerback said:

What I have learned since that time is to have compassion for ones self and b very patient when doing the taper... My advice to everyone is don't ever believe u cant get through it .our nervous system and soul take time to heal

That's from your first post, @powerback. Wise words and I'm sure they feel like a million years ago although it was only last year. You will make it, hang in there, you are going to be FINE in time.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

6 hours ago, powerback said:

If I wrote a diary it would be every second of intrusive thoughts .I have them 24/7 .

The last few months my background thoughts even distract me and are taking over  from what im actually doing ,ie watching something ,doing something ,or even as I write .so the drug is making me very sick  .theres no effects but side affects and symptoms

I'm really sorry, I know this too well... It totally is connected to drug WD and some drugs just caused this for me as an effect.

The sensitivity to noise, and my nerves being shot, I remember that too from some previous AP withdrawals.

3 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Powerback, you have to calm down and see it a bit from distance. You had a bad reaction to the medication, it is another brand. Therefore the symptoms  are at their height. Nothing more, nothing less. You have to survive it until you come off. Then you will feel the same nice life you lived prior meds. It is just a bad period of life. You only have to go through.

Perhaps that's just the case? I've read this can happen, either as an adjustment phase, or sometimes the other (generic or whatnot) drug just can't have the same effect on your neurochemistry and causes a WD.

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

Thanks folks very wise words all round from you all .I'm sick listening to myself so time for a break and hang up on the thread for a while .

I'm not coming back until I see improvement 😉.

Keep living and fighting to the fullest .

Be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, powerback said:

Thanks folks very wise words all round from you all .I'm sick listening to myself so time for a break and hang up on the thread for a while .

I'm not coming back until I see improvement 😉.

Keep living and fighting to the fullest .

Be safe .

hope you come back very soon PB, here if you need anything, take good care of yourself

Good luck PB  Hoping the best for you. Xx

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Good luck PB  Hoping the best for you. Xx

Sound LG thanks ,I'm taking more than I give and its got to repetetive of the worst kind .

Be safe.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, powerback said:

,I'm taking more than I give and its got to repetetive of the worst kind .

I understand needing to take a break if you feel that is best for you.  However, there are times when we all need support and this is one of those times for you.  Please come here if you need support even if you feel like you are being repetitive (I know I have felt that way too but it is the nature of this illness). You are going through a difficult time and we want to be there for you. So please don't not come back because you aren't in a better place if you feel you need help. I am thinking about you, PB. 

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

thinking of you,pb…..please don't give up.

YOU be safe..❤️

xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.