SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

Hey PB,

Use your break from your thread as an opportunity to overhaul any bad habits as well. I’m thinking of compulsive thoughts, resistance,...

Gives the brain rewiring a big boost!

And, you know, different brain, different life.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, miT said:

Hey PB,

Use your break from your thread as an opportunity to overhaul any bad habits as well. I’m thinking of compulsive thoughts, resistance,...

Gives the brain rewiring a big boost!

And, you know, different brain, different life.

Hi MIT you talk so much sense .im convinced the impulsive thoughts are connected to side affects of the med I have been tapering and holding .I have  flashbacks constantly that are ticking  my nervous system off constantly ,old negative and positive memories are creating the same anxiety .

My partner can no longer look at me being so sick ,my soul is in deep pain .I've been told that not a hope can she put up with this next summer so I'm in deep trouble .the last 2 months is ridiculous how sick I am ,green gunk coming up from my chest .

I have an appointment tomorrow with my idiot doctor that just wants to pam me off to the next health body for CBT.ok doc lets think my way out of a  chronic chest infections .im thinking of and dreading of taking a strong antibiotic to try help my body heal .

ITs all very sad because I was doing ok after giving up alcohol until it went wrong with these meds nearly 3 years ago .I will take this shock to the soul and keep fighting .

Thanks Mit for your support and constant wisdom .take care .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks to everyone that has given there support  and input on my thread lately ,I apologise for not thanking you directly but its more than welcomed and noted .

Be safe and take care. 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

24 minutes ago, powerback said:

Thanks to everyone that has given there support  and input on my thread lately ,I apologise for not thanking you directly but its more than welcomed and noted .

Be safe and take care. 

Powerback is back! Yuhuhu!

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Just now, Martina23 said:

Powerback is back! Yuhuhu!

😁 Hi Martina your very kind .I didn't have the break I was supposed to ,I was floating around and had a bit of a crisis the weekend so I PM  a member that has been a rock for me .( not to discount anyone else of course ).

I hope your well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

33 minutes ago, powerback said:

😁 Hi Martina your very kind .I didn't have the break I was supposed to ,I was floating around and had a bit of a crisis the weekend so I PM  a member that has been a rock for me .( not to discount anyone else of course ).

I hope your well .

It is ok. I was a bit worried because you seemed so desperate. You always think that the people will not manage it if you tell them about your withdrawal problems. It is not true. I think therefore we are here, to help each other, you dont have to be ashamed you have problems, I mean, the doctors & pharma should be ashamed to poison the people and state which lets it happen. You are innocent. Just head up, it will go well.

I have still not given up my wanting to sue either doctor or pharma. But I get only knock out from all sides. The state is really not working here. I already wrote to Slovak president (I am original Slovak), but I guess he will help nothing. When I feel very down, then I read through what you wrote on my thread that you can not "bring an unconscient mind to consciensce or how it is written there and then I feel better. Because I feel that not I am the bad or unefficient one, that there is something wrong with society.

Maybe you could go somewhere to holiday.

I am planning a holiday with my children - 2 x 1 week. Maybe one week I will stay somewhere in Austria and one week I wanted to try Hungary Balaton. I have never been there.  There was also made such an old German film "I can not stop thinking on Piroshka" - it was about a German student who came for such exchange program to Hungarian family, it was so funny and it ended with happy end.

So hope you are ok.

Martina

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Sorry to hear about your last update p.b...

your still doing so well...the chest infection will be getting you down as well...just think of how far you have come along...

This is just a chapter of our life’s.One day it will be over & we can begin again.

Am treating this like the film shawshank redemption...

we get our heads down,do the time & get planning & armed for our escape to freedom..

But I hear your frustration just know it’s valid & keep putting one foot in front of the other 

pink 

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

3 hours ago, Martina23 said:

It is ok. I was a bit worried because you seemed so desperate. You always think that the people will not manage it if you tell them about your withdrawal problems. It is not true. I think therefore we are here, to help each other, you dont have to be ashamed you have problems, I mean, the doctors & pharma should be ashamed to poison the people and state which lets it happen. You are innocent. Just head up, it will go well.

I have still not given up my wanting to sue either doctor or pharma. But I get only knock out from all sides. The state is really not working here. I already wrote to Slovak president (I am original Slovak), but I guess he will help nothing. When I feel very down, then I read through what you wrote on my thread that you can not "bring an unconscient mind to consciensce or how it is written there and then I feel better. Because I feel that not I am the bad or unefficient one, that there is something wrong with society.

Maybe you could go somewhere to holiday.

I am planning a holiday with my children - 2 x 1 week. Maybe one week I will stay somewhere in Austria and one week I wanted to try Hungary Balaton. I have never been there.  There was also made such an old German film "I can not stop thinking on Piroshka" - it was about a German student who came for such exchange program to Hungarian family, it was so funny and it ended with happy end.

So hope you are ok.

Martina

Im still very desperate Martina ,I stupidly didnt take into account my partners thinking on it .im plagued now with intrusive thoughts of let her go ,its like quick judgemental society is playing in my mind .I now dont have the luxury of time to heal because of the ultimatetum my partner has given.if im not at least 50% better by spring its over .so as what Mit talks about giving into control ile have to accept this .

Ile take it as a fight to heal.

You are doing such nice positive things ,this is exactly how to live .brilliant .

Keep practicing not turning on the news and notice the difference in your soul.

Take care Martina

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Sorry to hear about your last update p.b...

your still doing so well...the chest infection will be getting you down as well...just think of how far you have come along...

This is just a chapter of our life’s.One day it will be over & we can begin again.

Am treating this like the film shawshank redemption...

we get our heads down,do the time & get planning & armed for our escape to freedom..

But I hear your frustration just know it’s valid & keep putting one foot in front of the other 

pink 

Hi pink thanks for your kind words .you dont even want to know were my mind/thoughts drift too.

Yesterday I heard my partners friends teenage son is having nagging thoughts of suicide for quite a while.hes mother will do everything before drugs .because of me being so vocal but at the end of the day I can't fight against the sysytem .

I will not tell her loads of stuff I have read about she already suffers panic attacks .

Im in position now that I cant rest when I want to because she is sick of looking at me in bed but she doesn't realise how much worse it could be .her mind is in panic about the future but shed want to be in our shoes hey .

The crap connected to my drinking was worse ,im in the process of trying to drop all that because I didnt have access to emotions and feelings while drugged.

I understand critics of withdrawal would say at what cost but its easy for these people to say such unhelpful things.

I hope your doing ok .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

HI to all members and mods ,im in a serious pickle I have appointment in the morning with DR .

I am agonising over wether to take an antibiotic for a chest infection ,my body is fighting multiple nasty's and I don't think it has the power to get over anything now .im under serious pressure from family and loved ones to the point I can see it in them there annoyed at me this is only getting much worse .

someone just said put fait in the DR .this is the same man that would of had me on  300mg of Effexor and Zyprexa .

I suppose ile get the prescription for the  antibiotic and hope to god it does something for me .

Is there a certain type of antibiotic I should stick ,the safest option I suppose I'm after .

Thanks .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, PB.  If you truly have a bacterial infection, something that can/will respond only to an A/B, then I would vote in favor of taking it with the caveat that:

• No QUINOLONES -- absolutely not
  • Take as low a dose as you possibly can and explain to the doctor that you are sensitive to meds and don't want to overdo it

If you go that route make sure to take a probiotic while you are on the antibiotic -- keep the gut flora as undisturbed as possible.

I think you'll be fine.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

There are many ABs that are fairly well tolerated by people in ADWD.  My favorite is Keflex.  Stay away from anything that is floroquinilian (sp) base such as Cipro. The important thing is to get your health back and then deal with the affects of the drugs.  A chest/lung infection can cause damage that will last a life time if not treated properly and you have to be able to breath to be able to live.  

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Just now, apace41 said:

Hi, PB.  If you truly have a bacterial infection, something that can/will respond only to an A/B, then I would vote in favor of taking it with the caveat that:

• No QUINOLONES -- absolutely not
  • Take as low a dose as you possibly can and explain to the doctor that you are sensitive to meds and don't want to overdo it

If you go that route make sure to take a probiotic while you are on the antibiotic -- keep the gut flora as undisturbed as possible.

I think you'll be fine.

Best,

Andy

1 minute ago, brassmonkey said:

There are many ABs that are fairly well tolerated by people in ADWD.  My favorite is Keflex.  Stay away from anything that is floroquinilian (sp) base such as Cipro. The important thing is to get your health back and then deal with the affects of the drugs.  A chest/lung infection can cause damage that will last a life time if not treated properly and you have to be able to breath to be able to live.  

Hi brassmonkey and Andy yous are just class ,thanks for your help .I have asthma since I was young so I see this is  fairly bad .its in me a good a  while now .gunk is coming up the last 4 days ,witch means it clearing  but the infection could still linger .

Hope you guys are well .

Keep safe 🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

hi PB,

yes take a good probiotic with the antibiotic, my guts have not been right for a while and been really bad the last few days, don't want to talk about the symptoms as embarrassing but got quite a scare other day, have a doctors appointment booked for Monday, just reading the IBS thread on this site and can see it can be cause by antibiotics and the upset of bacteria in the stomach, looking back now my problems have started since I used them for the abscess I had, totally changed diet last couple days and going to work on my gut bacteria,

let us know how you get on,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Hi PB,

When we first moved back from Canada (nearly 3 yrs ago), I had the mother of all chest infections.

I was coughing up so much green crap, and coughing so hard, I brought up a bit of blood (this scared the hell out of me).

Anyway, I survived the chest infection without taking ABs as we hadn't registered with a doctor.

I haven't had one since, although 2 years ago, the UK was overrun with a terrible cough and cold epidemic that went on for months and months.  They were dubbed "Ozzie flu", "French flu" etc., so I got hit with those due to lowered immune system.

Take as many anti-oxidants a you possibly can, chicken soup etc, etc.,

If you do opt for ABs, then as Andy and Brass have said, counter the effects with a boat load of pro-biotics.

Get well soon,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

2 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi PB,

When we first moved back from Canada (nearly 3 yrs ago), I had the mother of all chest infections.

I was coughing up so much green crap, and coughing so hard, I brought up a bit of blood (this scared the hell out of me).

Anyway, I survived the chest infection without taking ABs as we hadn't registered with a doctor.

I haven't had one since, although 2 years ago, the UK was overrun with a terrible cough and cold epidemic that went on for months and months.  They were dubbed "Ozzie flu", "French flu" etc., so I got hit with those due to lowered immune system.

Take as many anti-oxidants a you possibly can, chicken soup etc, etc.,

If you do opt for ABs, then as Andy and Brass have said, counter the effects with a boat load of pro-biotics.

Get well soon,

JC

Hi JC your a star thanks so much for your input ,I really appreciate it .the vultures are circling ,my mental health is awful and I'm scared.so much attacking me in my body .the fact I've asthma makes me wonder .a normal chest will get rid of infection much easier .

Thanks JC and take care.  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, dj2010 said:

hi PB,

yes take a good probiotic with the antibiotic, my guts have not been right for a while and been really bad the last few days, don't want to talk about the symptoms as embarrassing but got quite a scare other day, have a doctors appointment booked for Monday, just reading the IBS thread on this site and can see it can be cause by antibiotics and the upset of bacteria in the stomach, looking back now my problems have started since I used them for the abscess I had, totally changed diet last couple days and going to work on my gut bacteria,

let us know how you get on,

take care

Oh no DJ don't tell me you followed through 😣

.when you say not right ,do you get pains or is it all wind .I was looking at them today and some have 25billion microbes  and then another has up to 8 different types of strain .then there's SIBO .small intestine bacteria overgrowth .

I was told to leave 2 to 3 hours between taking antibiotic and probiotic .

Your system should be ok ,keep working at it .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB ~ It is nice to see you posting again....you've been missed. However, I am sorry to read you've been so ill.....physical illness on top of withdrawal is not fun.  I am thinking about you and hoping you get some much deserved relief soon.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

11 hours ago, powerback said:

Oh no DJ don't tell me you followed through 😣

.when you say not right ,do you get pains or is it all wind .I was looking at them today and some have 25billion microbes  and then another has up to 8 different types of strain .then there's SIBO .small intestine bacteria overgrowth .

I was told to leave 2 to 3 hours between taking antibiotic and probiotic .

Your system should be ok ,keep working at it .

Take care .

hi Pb, no that didnt happen, and dont get any pain or wind which is strange, just abnormal bowel movements and a lot of mucus, thought nothing of it until I went to a all you can eat restaurant on Saturday and then it got much worse, googled my symptoms a few days ago and then nearly fainted when I read the worst of what it could be, I am really worried and making myself ill with worry, supposed to be going Scotland for a week on the 27th, desperately need to get this sorted before then so can go away with peace of mind,

I have not used pro-biotics that much, just started taking them again a few days ago, I am not that clued up on them, the ones I am using are these, not sure if they are any good or not:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindens-Probiotic-Lactobacillus-Acidophilus-supporting/dp/B00BFZ8DLM/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1533798584&sr=8-8&keywords=probiotic

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

13 hours ago, powerback said:

Hi JC your a star thanks so much for your input ,I really appreciate it .the vultures are circling ,my mental health is awful and I'm scared.so much attacking me in my body .the fact I've asthma makes me wonder .a normal chest will get rid of infection much easier .

Thanks JC and take care.  

I am also prone to asthma, its genetic unfortunately. 

Allergies to certain trees or grasses can trigger an asthma attack for me, but fortunately I've not had one this summer where the pollen count has been very high due to high temperatures.

Let it run its course (without ABs if you can brave it), and give your body as much rest and help as it needs (probiotics and anti-oxidants) as well as soups which are easy on the digestion.

I used to get a chest infection once a year when we lived in Canada.  They are usually due to poor immune system.

You will survive this PB.

Hugs,

JC

P.S Have you tried a nebuliser to open up the airways?  You can buy them at some pharmacies.  

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

hi Pb, no that didnt happen, and dont get any pain or wind which is strange, just abnormal bowel movements and a lot of mucus, thought nothing of it until I went to a all you can eat restaurant on Saturday and then it got much worse, googled my symptoms a few days ago and then nearly fainted when I read the worst of what it could be, I am really worried and making myself ill with worry, supposed to be going Scotland for a week on the 27th, desperately need to get this sorted before then so can go away with peace of mind,

I have not used pro-biotics that much, just started taking them again a few days ago, I am not that clued up on them, the ones I am using are these, not sure if they are any good or not:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindens-Probiotic-Lactobacillus-Acidophilus-supporting/dp/B00BFZ8DLM/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1533798584&sr=8-8&keywords=probiotic

take care

Ok Take a step back here now and try and relax ,its definitely the restaurant and then googling symptoms .these places are rubbish .for now don't eat out until you go away .google remedies and solutions witch should set your mind at ease .

we shouldn't be eating in these places ,MSG,crap oils and what ever else they put in the food ,MSG is literally a chemical that hijacks/manipulates the brain into wanting the food and more of it .  

.if you have to go to them google what is the safest thing to eat ,maybe have something at home before you go and eat something small so you can still enjoy the time with your family .

Keep working on recovery ,watch out for the over exercising also ,this can rebound on you further down the line ,your brain and ego is still in the mindset of when you were running like it was nothing . but accept your in recovery and a nice walk in the sun or the woods is brilliant .I preach about acceptance but find it harder the longer and worse I get .I just pray It turns around for me when this chest infection clears .had a cough fit this morning ,I cant ever remember having one like it .

I have booked a trip to Scotland also and my mind is putting me traveling as sick as I am today but I have a good 7 weeks to get past this bad spell .I need to be positive ,I simply have to be .

Take my friend . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

50 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

I am also prone to asthma, its genetic unfortunately. 

Allergies to certain trees or grasses can trigger an asthma attack for me, but fortunately I've not had one this summer where the pollen count has been very high due to high temperatures.

Let it run its course (without ABs if you can brave it), and give your body as much rest and help as it needs (probiotics and anti-oxidants) as well as soups which are easy on the digestion.

I used to get a chest infection once a year when we lived in Canada.  They are usually due to poor immune system.

You will survive this PB.

Hugs,

JC

P.S Have you tried a nebuliser to open up the airways?  You can buy them at some pharmacies.  

Hi JC ,I have a steroid inhaler ,before the summer I mite of cut back on this in the view the steroid was adding to my cortisol spike in the mornings .god knows if that's the cause .im hinting to cash the prescription in today ,I can feel by my chest It wont clear in less than a week ,im already a month at least  in the worst health ever of my life

.ive stopped my partner from leaving me for now but I live with an ultimatum that I don't think for one second is even  unreasonable from her .

Ile keep fighting but my health is so bad I do wonder were itl end .being this fragile is quite an experience ,I don't feel confident or safe outside .

Thanks JC take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

So sorry to hear how sick you are, pb.

Just a thought - last year for 3 months I had the worst spell of sinusitis ever (it has been an all to regular visitor in my life).

I had to have 3 doses of ABs - each one stronger than the last.

It cleared the infection and I was not aware of any adverse affects on my mental health.

Maybe getting rid of the bacterial infection swamped any ill effects the ABs had on the mental thing.

Just adding this to help you consider and weigh up things.

Best wishes.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

4 hours ago, powerback said:

Ok Take a step back here now and try and relax ,its definitely the restaurant and then googling symptoms .these places are rubbish .for now don't eat out until you go away .google remedies and solutions witch should set your mind at ease .

we shouldn't be eating in these places ,MSG,crap oils and what ever else they put in the food ,MSG is literally a chemical that hijacks/manipulates the brain into wanting the food and more of it .  

.if you have to go to them google what is the safest thing to eat ,maybe have something at home before you go and eat something small so you can still enjoy the time with your family .

Keep working on recovery ,watch out for the over exercising also ,this can rebound on you further down the line ,your brain and ego is still in the mindset of when you were running like it was nothing . but accept your in recovery and a nice walk in the sun or the woods is brilliant .I preach about acceptance but find it harder the longer and worse I get .I just pray It turns around for me when this chest infection clears .had a cough fit this morning ,I cant ever remember having one like it .

I have booked a trip to Scotland also and my mind is putting me traveling as sick as I am today but I have a good 7 weeks to get past this bad spell .I need to be positive ,I simply have to be .

Take my friend . 

hi PB, yes restaurant made it worse but its been going on for months now, taking psyllium husk, lots of natural yogurt, cabbage juice and eating super healthy at mo trying to sort it,

yes it was a bad decision to go to that restaurant, going to stay far away from these places from now on,

not done a lot of exercise this week as health anxiety has been too bad and not felt well, not too bad today as slept over 8 hours last night which is rare at the moment, been for a walk in country with kids, cleaned garage out and had a very light swim, thats all will be doing

this chest infection you have sounds like a bad one, you have been saying your asmtha has been bad for months now, maybe its connected and the reason why you have been feeling so bad these last couple months, I am sure once you chest clears up you will start feeling better in yourself all round

good that you have booked a trip away, you need to get away for a bit and relax, I am sure you will be in a much better place in 7 weeks once you have got your chest infection sorted,

take care

5 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

hi PB, yes restaurant made it worse but its been going on for months now, taking psyllium husk, lots of natural yogurt, cabbage juice and eating super healthy at mo trying to sort it,

yes it was a bad decision to go to that restaurant, going to stay far away from these places from now on,

not done a lot of exercise this week as health anxiety has been too bad and not felt well, not too bad today as slept over 8 hours last night which is rare at the moment, been for a walk in country with kids, cleaned garage out and had a very light swim, thats all will be doing

this chest infection you have sounds like a bad one, you have been saying your asmtha has been bad for months now, maybe its connected and the reason why you have been feeling so bad these last couple months, I am sure once you chest clears up you will start feeling better in yourself all round

good that you have booked a trip away, you need to get away for a bit and relax, I am sure you will be in a much better place in 7 weeks once you have got your chest infection sorted,

take care

Yep its bad DJ ,just back from being out I tiptoed up to a quite spot for peace ,eyes closing as I walked my brain is that tired .just took first antibiotic, and have a refrigerated  probiotic brand called super 8 ,25 billion microbes.not sure gow many strains ,I.was exausted standing in health shop .home now the  on bed .

Keep researching about the gut and digestive system .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 hours ago, peng said:

So sorry to hear how sick you are, pb.

Just a thought - last year for 3 months I had the worst spell of sinusitis ever (it has been an all to regular visitor in my life).

I had to have 3 doses of ABs - each one stronger than the last.

It cleared the infection and I was not aware of any adverse affects on my mental health.

Maybe getting rid of the bacterial infection swamped any ill effects the ABs had on the mental thing.

Just adding this to help you consider and weigh up things.

Best wishes.

Thanks peng your very kind .the fact you needed 3 doses to clear something makes me think.DR said to me wait a few days but im sick of this beyond belief.im in dangerous territory im getting too sick to fight.

Take care and be safe.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 minutes ago, powerback said:

Yep its bad DJ ,just back from being out I tiptoed up to a quite spot for peace ,eyes closing as I walked my brain is that tired .just took first antibiotic, and have a refrigerated  probiotic brand called super 8 ,25 billion microbes.not sure gow many strains ,I.was exausted standing in health shop .home now the  on bed .

Keep researching about the gut and digestive system .

Take care .

good luck PB, I am sure you will be better in a few days, just looked up them pro-biotics and they look really good ones, might try these myself,

take care

3 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

good luck PB, I am sure you will be better in a few days, just looked up them pro-biotics and they look really good ones, might try these myself,

take care

Ye ,you know me ,I research things to death.all the experts say to get liquid refrigerated ones or at least refrigerated ones.

Dont get anything from the internet with respect to these ,find good health shop.

Mine were €25 one a day .

Also look into digestive enzimes also .

Take care 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

how are you doing PB? are the antibiotics working for you?

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

how are you doing PB? are the antibiotics working for you?

Hi DJ hows things ,thanks for askn .pretty sure the infection is healing ,ive some energy today to do some DIY.I have a very bad wall to prep before i can even paint it lol.

Still dealing with very bad withdrawal symptoms ,intrusive/racing thoughts is very bad.

im finding lately it is so distracting I cant concentrate or focus or else it takes alot of Energy to snap myself out of daydreaming ,its unnerving.

Take care ,ile just keep praying it changes someday .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I am so glad your infection is healing, PB!  It sounds like a good sign you have energy to do the wall prep.  I really empathize regarding the intrusive/racing thoughts....that is one of my worse symptoms too.  To me it feels like I can't escape from my mind and I also have a hard time concentrating.  It gets tiring trying to redirect one's thoughts constantly.  Thinking about you - WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

20 hours ago, powerback said:

Hi DJ hows things ,thanks for askn .pretty sure the infection is healing ,ive some energy today to do some DIY.I have a very bad wall to prep before i can even paint it lol.

Still dealing with very bad withdrawal symptoms ,intrusive/racing thoughts is very bad.

im finding lately it is so distracting I cant concentrate or focus or else it takes alot of Energy to snap myself out of daydreaming ,its unnerving.

Take care ,ile just keep praying it changes someday .

hi PB, thats great, it must be healing if more energy and managing to do some DIY, hope fully you will be back to baseline soon,

sone let those intrusive thoughts consume you, it will change one day dont worry about that

take care

15 hours ago, wantrelief said:

I am so glad your infection is healing, PB!  It sounds like a good sign you have energy to do the wall prep.  I really empathize regarding the intrusive/racing thoughts....that is one of my worse symptoms too.  To me it feels like I can't escape from my mind and I also have a hard time concentrating.  It gets tiring trying to redirect one's thoughts constantly.  Thinking about you - WR.

Thanks WR your so sweet for your kind message .we always keep up the battle and fight .

I did good with the wall ,got some linning paper up and ready to paint in a few days,.

I was on the look out for the perfectionism ctitic ,so kept that at bay.

I even said to myself ,I did a good job.

Take great care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

9 hours ago, dj2010 said:

hi PB, thats great, it must be healing if more energy and managing to do some DIY, hope fully you will be back to baseline soon,

sone let those intrusive thoughts consume you, it will change one day dont worry about that

take care

Defo more energy than last week DJ so this is a big bonus.

Thanks mate ,I look forward to the change one day .

Yippee baseline tommorow be great ha.

Be safe and take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

13 minutes ago, powerback said:

I did good with the wall ,got some linning paper up and ready to paint in a few days,.

I was on the look out for the perfectionism ctitic ,so kept that at bay.

I even said to myself ,I did a good job.

Oh this is great, PB!  I just listened to a talk about self-compassion....I am so happy to hear you were practicing this.  You are in my thoughts - WR.