SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

PB, you seem to me already better, more relaxed, it is great that you already prepared the walls for painting, I will also paint next week (pictures). And it is good that you praised yourself, you should praise yourself more often, we often do the opposite, but you do remarkably well under the circumstances. The withdrawal is very difficult and most of the people cant even imagine what we are really going through.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Martina23 said:

PB, you seem to me already better, more relaxed, it is great that you already prepared the walls for painting, I will also paint next week (pictures). And it is good that you praised yourself, you should praise yourself more often, we often do the opposite, but you do remarkably well under the circumstances. The withdrawal is very difficult and most of the people cant even imagine what we are really going through.

🙏 Thanks Martina ,ye self-praise needs to be felt in the heart .I am starting to do it and understand it more often .the demon withdrawl is quite the storm .

Thanks Martina you've got a kind soul ,don't let it be consumed by hate ,express with your paintings ,maybe one of big pharma burning it hell .get it out and don't let it rot at you .

Hate nearly got me at times .

I'm looking into maybe drawing or painting to express deep pain and emotions going forwards in my recovery.  

Take care . 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, wantrelief said:

Oh this is great, PB!  I just listened to a talk about self-compassion....I am so happy to hear you were practicing this.  You are in my thoughts - WR.

Thanks W ,self compassion is something we need  bucket loads of on this journey , so we keep topping them buckets up 😁.

ive been watching the addiction summit that I put up on my thread  and there's a man called Jason Powell ,my heart is blown away by what that man came through .we always fight and find a way .

🙏.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Touched my heart watching this .

Withdrawl is my test of epic endurance .im painfully aware it has turned me toxic and somewhat narcissistic.i need to fight these traits and hope I can be humbled by this journey rather than destroyed . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

9 minutes ago, powerback said:

m losing more time in the day to what's going on inside my mind than is actually physically happening.

boy I can relate to this....you're not alone. xx

sending hugs and healing thoughts your way.

ds

ps....great video.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Great video PB

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

Hi PB,

How are you feeling?  Last I read you are on your way to recovery from the chest infection, hope this is still the case.

I think I was hit with asthma last night, so took my inhaler.

My chest feels tight today, along with a sharp twinge on right side of chest 😯

Pollen count is actually low at the moment, so not sure what has set it off other than farmers harvesting in the fields??

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi PB,

How are you feeling?  Last I read you are on your way to recovery from the chest infection, hope this is still the case.

I think I was hit with asthma last night, so took my inhaler.

My chest feels tight today, along with a sharp twinge on right side of chest 😯

Pollen count is actually low at the moment, so not sure what has set it off other than farmers harvesting in the fields??

JC

Hi JC your so kind to ask ,the last  3 days ive noticed ive got good strength back (60% ide say).

Yesterday was a weird day ,I had mental anguish that disipated as the day went on .my sciatica was at me so I got out into the fresh air and did some exercises for it .

The asthma is a tricky one ,anxiety in the chest or tightness can feel like an attack also .

Fingers crossed the antibiotics did the trick. 

take good care JC .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

PB, it is good that your strenght is 60 % back. You could  do already exercises, that is cool. I would also need to train because I have to lose some kg. And how is your painting of your wall? Did you already manage it? My daughter today when I didnt look cut herself all the hair above her forhead, now she is baldig there. And I was so wondering what she is doing there so long with the scissors. I only realized when I looked at her forehead that there is nothing there. So it is funny in our house. How is your young niece?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Im back in a serious wave the last 2 days ,its the usuall scorpions tale after having the feelings on monday of feeling ok .

The latest bunch of racing/ intrusive thoughts are of times I was "normal" and geting on with life in work and life .

What in the world can be done with my case ,I keep comncomb back to a different drug ,nothing is going to change in my case ,im much worse than last year and only getting stronger and deeper stresses .

Im a whisker from ringing a hospital and drug me and throw the key away.

This is an  abhorrent way to be .

Listening on thethe radio today about the popez visit and the historical abuse in ireland,I can see the same conversation  being played in years to come in conection with the medical industry with these drugs .

The thoughts of trying a different drug to get out of this mess is scary but I think ive no other option .

Mods what would be an equivalent dose of prozac too 37.5 venlafxine ,thanks in advance .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

PB,

Sorry you are in this spot. Without offering judgment on the thought of a new medicine, see the attached study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25911132

Looks like 40 of prozac equals 149.4 of venlafaxine.

So to get from prozac to venlafaxine multiply by 3.735

To get from venlafaxine to prozac divide by 3.735

Therefore 37.5 of venlafaxine is a touch over 10 of prozac (10.4 to be more precise).

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

29 minutes ago, powerback said:

Im back in a serious wave the last 2 days ,its the usuall scorpions tale after having the feelings on monday of feeling ok .

The latest bunch of racing/ intrusive thoughts are of times I was "normal" and geting on with life in work and life .

What in the world can be done with my case ,I keep comncomb back to a different drug ,nothing is going to change in my case ,im much worse than last year and only getting stronger and deeper stresses .

Listening on thethe radio today about the popez visit and the historical abuse in ireland,I can see the same conversation  being played in years to come in conection with the medical industry with these drugs .

The thoughts of trying a different drug to get out of this mess is scary but I think ive no other option .

Mods what would be an equivalent dose of prozac too 37.5 venlafxine ,thanks in advance .

Sorry to hear this, PB. Best of luck with Prozac, I hope it brings you relief.

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

59 minutes ago, powerback said:

sorry to hear this buddy, you have been holding for around a year now and just getting worse so something needs to be done, I really hope the prozac bridge works out for you, best of luck, here if needed,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

21 hours ago, apace41 said:

PB,

Sorry you are in this spot. Without offering judgment on the thought of a new medicine, see the attached study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25911132

Looks like 40 of prozac equals 149.4 of venlafaxine.

So to get from prozac to venlafaxine multiply by 3.735

To get from venlafaxine to prozac divide by 3.735

Therefore 37.5 of venlafaxine is a touch over 10 of prozac (10.4 to be more precise).

Best,

Andy

Thanks andy for your help ,thanks for the link,.

Be safe and take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

20 hours ago, dj2010 said:

sorry to hear this buddy, you have been holding for around a year now and just getting worse so something needs to be done, I really hope the prozac bridge works out for you, best of luck, here if needed,

take care

Exactly DJ ,the generic med change 6 weeks ago bloodied the waters further.

I feel already some what better than the prevoius 2 days .enough to take my time and put a small floor down in the house,this is encouraging,ile take it were I can .

It was connected to 2 nights of crap sleep,the monday I had a heavy meal late so it sat in me all night.

Hope your well my friend ,only a few days until your trip .have fun.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

21 hours ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Sorry to hear this, PB. Best of luck with Prozac, I hope it brings you relief.

Hi I thanks for your support,sometimes I often think of selling my soul to the devil and give me 20 years of fredom and then he can come and collect on the debth after it .the sad and sorry places we go to in suffering .we dont give up or give in thats for sure.

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

powerback,

thanks for your visit and kind words whilst feeling so bad.

10mg of prozac is not much, relatively speaking.

I do believe you should give it a try under supervision.  It may not be idealistic to your way of thinking, but it has been harrowing to see you reporting your endless suffering.

In theory, it could be easier for you being on the rung of the prozac ladder than the venlafaxine one.

Wishing the best for you.

Putting floors down? What a guy! 

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

21 hours ago, powerback said:

Exactly DJ ,the generic med change 6 weeks ago bloodied the waters further.

I feel already some what better than the prevoius 2 days .enough to take my time and put a small floor down in the house,this is encouraging,ile take it were I can .

It was connected to 2 nights of crap sleep,the monday I had a heavy meal late so it sat in me all night.

Hope your well my friend ,only a few days until your trip .have fun.

good to hear your feeling a bit better, hope this window continues for you, 

im ok at moment thanks, sleep up and down though, hoping to get a good sleep Sunday as got long drive to Scotland Monday,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

20 hours ago, peng said:

powerback,

thanks for your visit and kind words whilst feeling so bad.

10mg of prozac is not much, relatively speaking.

I do believe you should give it a try under supervision.  It may not be idealistic to your way of thinking, but it has been harrowing to see you reporting your endless suffering.

In theory, it could be easier for you being on the rung of the prozac ladder than the venlafaxine one.

Wishing the best for you.

Putting floors down? What a guy! 

Thanks peng ,ye its very tempting to try it .the symptoms im dealing with look like side affects / poop out/ withdrawl .

The brain fatigue is not sustainable .ive read enough to see ile need to do something .then I was thinking the change to an ssri from an ssnri .

Take care

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

good to hear your feeling a bit better, hope this window continues for you, 

im ok at moment thanks, sleep up and down though, hoping to get a good sleep Sunday as got long drive to Scotland Monday,

take care

Im back to feeling crap today ,dizzy/ brain fatigue, a small room I floored that would normally take me a couple of hours took me all day yesterday ,I went really slow and still feel the affects.

Enjoy your trip .breath I. That lovely fresh air for me.👍.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

PB did you take this prozac? Or did you stay by the withdrawal of venlafaxine? Just  curious how it went on.

symptoms OCD

1 hour ago, Martina23 said:

PB did you take this prozac? Or did you stay by the withdrawal of venlafaxine? Just  curious how it went on.

Ive come to the end of my tether martina ,im in doctors now .I can barely keep my eyes open .I rang for next week and theyd nothing ,lucky they had a slot now  .

In my situation doing nothing is the worst thing ,I can see this now .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

11 minutes ago, powerback said:

Ive come to the end of my tether martina ,im in doctors now .I can barely keep my eyes open .I rang for next week and theyd nothing ,lucky they had a slot now  .

Poor PB, so I hope it goes well.

symptoms OCD

sorry to hear this PB, remember to read the prozac bridge thread in full before you make the move if thats what you are planning on doing:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1463-the-prozac-switch-or-bridging-with-prozac/

hope it all works out, take good care

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Really sorry things are this bad, PB. It sounds terrible, so I really hope you can remove that withdrawal with Prozac.

40 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

sorry to hear this PB, remember to read the prozac bridge thread in full before you make the move if thats what you are planning on doing:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1463-the-prozac-switch-or-bridging-with-prozac/

hope it all works out, take good care

Yes, it's really important to switch those drugs gradually. When I was in my third withdrawal from Solian and Zoloft (before I even knew about the necessity of tapering off the drugs very gradually) I first tried reinstating Zoloft, but I didn't do it gradually, just did 50 mg straight away and this caused an adverse reaction, I was feeling so bad I overdosed on sleeping pills a bit. That subsided later and the WD from Zoloft went away, but yeah, that's why it's so important to switch or reinstate those drugs gradually.

May I suggest as well, even though I'm not a mod, if the bridge goes well, but you find you're still suffering from those terrible WD symptoms, to try and slightly updose on Prozac? Again, speaking from my personal experience, but even though 40mg prozac is supposed to be more like 100mg Zoloft and my withdrawal symptoms during my failed Zoloft taper started around 50-60mg, I first tried bridging with 30mg Prozac for a while, but that didn't work. 40mg was what was needed to fully remove the temperature/muscle aches symptoms. So perhaps, just a bit, since you're already suffering from WD and there still can be some discrepancy in the dose equivalence, but making sure the WD is gone before you start again with this easier-to quit drug is not a bad idea.

5 hours ago, powerback said:

Im back to feeling crap today ,dizzy/ brain fatigue, a small room I floored that would normally take me a couple of hours took me all day yesterday ,I went really slow and still feel the affects.

Enjoy your trip .breath I. That lovely fresh air for me.👍.

Did you mean me? Sadly, there's no fresh air where I live at the moment. The air pollution situation in some major Polish cities is a bit of a disaster. The air ANYWHERE in Ireland is fresher than this. And by the way, I'm planning to leave for Ireland at some point, but first I need to come off this stuff, myself. I've been to your country, it's really beautiful, especially the rural areas. The South-west is very lovely - the Killarney National Park, for example.

Edited by Iatrogenesis
Some corrections

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

Thanks everyone for your input, im so grateful.

sat in the DRs at 4.30pm barely able to open my eyes with the fatigue.

He didn't think Prozac was a good option because of my sensitivity to tapering .

He has come up with 25mg of lyrica twice daily while still taking the venlafaxine .any mods and members input is welcomed .

I am petrified to try this .

Thanks in advance .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, powerback said:

Thanks everyone for your input, im so grateful.

sat in the DRs at 4.30pm barely able to open my eyes with the fatigue.

He didn't think Prozac was a good option because of my sensitivity to tapering .

He has come up with 25mg of lyrica twice daily while still taking the venlafaxine .any mods and members input is welcomed .

I am petrified to try this .

Thanks in advance .

All I know about lyrica is that it is a very bad drug, I remember watching a documentary on it, called drug road maps if remember correctly, it followed people in Ireland who’s lives had been destroyed by it and they could not get off the stuff, it was horrifying, 

i would stay away from it

hope you get some relief soon

stay strong 

1 hour ago, Iatrogenesis said:

Really sorry things are this bad, PB. It sounds terrible, so I really hope you can remove that withdrawal with Prozac.

Yes, it's really important to switch those drugs gradually. When I was in my third withdrawal from Solian and Zoloft (before I even knew about the necessity of tapering off the drugs very gradually) I first tried reinstating Zoloft, but I didn't do it gradually, just did 50 mg straight away and this caused an adverse reaction, I was feeling so bad I overdosed on sleeping pills a bit. That subsided later and the WD from Zoloft went away, but yeah, that's why it's so important to switch or reinstate those drugs gradually.

May I suggest as well, even though I'm not a mod, if the bridge goes well, but you find you're still suffering from those terrible WD symptoms, to try and slightly updose on Prozac? Again, speaking from my personal experience, but even though 40mg prozac is supposed to be more like 100mg Zoloft and my withdrawal symptoms during my failed Zoloft taper started around 50-60mg, I first tried bridging with 30mg Prozac for a while, but that didn't work. 40mg was what was needed to fully remove the temperature/muscle aches symptoms. So perhaps, just a bit, since you're already suffering from WD and there still can be some discrepancy in the dose equivalence, but making sure the WD is gone before you start again with this easier-to quit drug is not a bad idea.

Did you mean me? Sadly, there's no fresh air where I live at the moment. The air pollution situation in some major Polish cities is a bit of a disaster. The air ANYWHERE in Ireland is fresher than this. And by the way, I'm planning to leave for Ireland at some point, but first I need to come off this stuff, myself. I've been to your country, it's really beautiful, especially the rural areas. The South-west is very lovely - the Killarney National Park, for example.

Sorry I meant DJ about the fresh air .ye Killarney is nice .Wicklow is an amazing county ,the garden of Ireland they call it .

Thanks for your input ile have a read when I can open my eyes for 5 mins .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

All I know about lyrica is that it is a very bad drug, I remember watching a documentary on it, called drug road maps if remember correctly, it followed people in Ireland who’s lives had been destroyed by it and they could not get off the stuff, it was horrifying, 

stay strong 

Heres a link to the doc 

1 minute ago, dj2010 said:

stay strong 

MMM ,something is gone very wrong DJ ,im desperate beyond belief and I believe something could happen .my mind is going fast and twice this week it everything I had to just walk home from the supermarket .I have them but not taking them yet .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Heres a link to the doc 

the analogy that comes to mind is "would you like your head trampled on by 1000 or 2000 horses" .there doesn't look like a clean way out of this .I cant stay on this drug while it kills me .

Thanks DJ ive seen this doc around but ive been way too triggered to watch it .

Theres one on Netflix called afflicted and im way to sick and triggered to watch that also .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Just now, powerback said:

the analogy that comes to mind is "would you like your head trampled on by 1000 or 2000 horses" .there doesn't look like a clean way out of this .I cant stay on this drug while it kills me .

Wait for mod avice PB, watch the documentary first, you will get through this, you should of demanded the Prozac, can’t believe he prescribed something as dangerous as lyrica/pregabalin, 

im struggling to post from my phone, the site keeps freezing up, 

please dont take take the lyrica 

PB, are you crazy? Please take everything but not Lyrica. Please, please. Do you want to have destroyed your brain? It destroys brain and noone can get off 

symptoms OCD

DJ as much as I appreciate your help and I need advice, ide like to see you keeping your head clear from any triggers before your trip and have a break from the site from tomorrow onwards .I mean this in a nice way .😉.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.