powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How long have you been taking 5mg Prozac alone? Please update your signature.

Please take a tiny crumb of Effexor, note what it does, and report here.

Ok sound alto ,I can never tell a difference when I took the tiny crumb.

Thanks

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, apace41 said:

PB,

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling the past 2 days.  Am I correct, however, in your response to Alto that you seemed to be doing a little better than when you were on Effexor alone?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

Im all over the place andy because my health in general the last 6 months is in the toilet and the meds play there part but much more is going on maybe .

The fact I cant really go outside like I used to is playing a major role .im ridiculously triggered by everything.

Im struggling to keep hold of a thought ,it jumps from one to the other and actually distracts me from what im doing at the time.

Theres something going on in my psychology that's disgusted at myself this process is getting worse.

Im extremely selfconcoius of being handicapped,at the momment all the coping strategies are useless .

Thanks for your visit .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, powerback said:

Im all over the place andy because my health in general the last 6 months is in the toilet and the meds play there part but much more is going on maybe .

The fact I cant really go outside like I used to is playing a major role .im ridiculously triggered by everything.

Im struggling to keep hold of a thought ,it jumps from one to the other and actually distracts me from what im doing at the time.

Theres something going on in my psychology that's disgusted at myself this process is getting worse.

Im extremely selfconcoius of being handicapped,at the momment all the coping strategies are useless .

Thanks for your visit .

Take care .

Pb, I am sorry that you are suffering so much. Try to think about nice things. I dont know if it is your illness or the drugs, I guess you know it better than me, because it is your body. But even if it were drugs, you wouldnt know it by now because you are still taking them and they still change your brain chemistry in a major way. Please just throw your worries over your head and try to tell yourself: I am now not feeling well but I will.  Try to be happy and postpone your worries if it is illness after you are free of all drugs and I guess you will realize then that quite a lot of your problems have the common offender: the drug.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

12 minutes ago, Martina23 said:

I dont know if it is your illness or the drugs,

certain symptoms definitely cant be put down to "illness" but I do believe certain factors beforehand do play there part in this process  that's for sure Martina .yesterdays situation/symptoms  can not be tolerated ,it shook me to be honest .

In bed here trying to rest but cant and  at the same time trying to keep my eyes open .I'm having optimistic  thoughts like getting my juicer out again [its gathered dust] and flooding my system with nutrients ,I believe the my body is not absorbing nutrients so I mite flood my system but in the past its reacted negatively and even smelling the juice would set my nausea off .

Its a disgrace how  DR Healy treated you ,he should be reported.

I hope you don't mind me saying but I think for your own health get stuck into your passions and put retribution[warranted of course] out of your head for a while. We all need a break.

Thanks for your support be safe and take care .🙏     

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

16 minutes ago, powerback said:

certain symptoms definitely cant be put down to "illness" but I do believe certain factors beforehand do play there part in this process  that's for sure Martina .yesterdays situation/symptoms  can not be tolerated ,it shook me to be honest . 

In bed here trying to rest but cant and  at the same time trying to keep my eyes open .I'm having optimistic  thoughts like getting my juicer out again [its gathered dust] and flooding my system with nutrients ,I believe the my body is not absorbing nutrients so I mite flood my system but in the past its reacted negatively and even smelling the juice would set my nausea off .

Its a disgrace how  DR Healy treated you ,he should be reported. 

I hope you don't mind me saying but I think for your own health get stuck into your passions and put retribution[warranted of course] out of your head for a while. We all need a break.

Thanks for your support be safe and take care .🙏     

Thank you pb, yes, Healy was weird but I think he only showed with this that "his mind is black" not mine. Maybe buy yourself some films, it can be a good distraction. I would watch films, I like the most adventurous films like "See wolf" - I like the one with Raimund Harmstorf or other good films, ,maybe it can distract you. I would watch myself but I have to sit at work. ..

I am so thankful here to all of SA people for their friendship, its great that we can say everything here and someone is always listening.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, powerback said:

I get it, PB, and I'm sorry you are there.  I wish I could only sympathize, but I can also empathize since I understand a lot of what you are describing.

All I can say is that, based on what I've seen you write, these things don't last -- they are transient.  The time they stay is longer than we'd like without doubt, but they  move on.  Frequently, unfortunately, they are replaced with other issues that seem equally distressing, but at times, as I see you describe, they lift somewhat and you can have decent moments.  The way this is SUPPOSED to work is that over time the "decent moments" (windows) get longer and wider and the other stuff (waves) gets shorter and narrower.  I say SUPPOSED because, frankly, I haven't seen a whole heck of a lot of that process myself.

I will tell you what I tell me -- hang in there.  This can change in a hurry.  In that vein, even if the coping strategies FEEL worthless keep going with them -- the cumulative effect of them is what ultimately provides a modicum of relief.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Administrator

You don't feel any effect from a tiny crumb of Effexor?

How long have you been on 5mg Prozac only? The Prozac is making you sleepy?

powerback, I need to see your daily drug and symptom notes. It could be you're taking too much Prozac. Please devote yourself to posting those notes and answering my questions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, powerback said:

getting my juicer out again [its gathered dust] and flooding my system with nutrients ,I believe the my body is not absorbing nutrients so I mite flood my system but in the past its reacted negatively and even smelling the juice would set my nausea off .

Instead of flooding it, start of small and work up.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You don't feel any effect from a tiny crumb of Effexor?

How long have you been on 5mg Prozac only? The Prozac is making you sleepy?

powerback, I need to see your daily drug and symptom notes. It could be you're taking too much Prozac. Please devote yourself to posting those notes and answering my questions.

Im not ignoring anyone on purpose Alto 🙏,I'm in quite a mess at the moment ,I've never felt this "off" before .im a hairs breath from being destroyed by this ,im years at this and its ridiculous .im extremely self conscious of the mess I'm in .no coping strategies are working 

.this is all on me ,I appreciate the support but I cant bare looking at the notes and its if constantly writing the symptoms down is triggering me by the second .

Im overwhelmed by the support ,my anxiety is so bad I over think everything ,im keeping notes but at the moment I cant bare to stomach all this.

ile only know if its the Prozac if I drop that and go back to Effexor[or reduce Prozac] ,then that puts me on the path of the "system" and I'm petrified of that as if its prison .

3 or 4 weeks of only Prozac 

Thanks I will post my notes👍 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

13 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Instead of flooding it, start of small and work up.

yep I Agree CC,even just juicing the wheatgrass last night ,the smell was over powering me ,I put it into ice cube tray ,ile start with a small bit .I last year I was so obsessed with nutrition my smoothies were upsetting my system ,I dropped them and I am now never "full of gas".

Take care 🙏

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

pb, I wanted to support you. I know that you are not feeling that well. You just have to survive it. I think when you manage to come off these drugs in a safe way it would be already better. Now (I think) your body feels already poisoned through Effexor, Prozac and with each new drug it would be only worse. Please take it as status quo now, you are feeling now unwell, you are on one drug and from the second you have withdrawal. You will slowly go down and when you are on zero you will feel better. And just look forward to the future. In one or two years you will be laughing about it. And then you can still make so much from your life, travel, be CEO of some huge company or a doctor. Make yourself with your partner today in the evening something good to eat and you will feel better, that every day is other not the same bad day every day.

symptoms OCD

16 hours ago, apace41 said:

I get it, PB, and I'm sorry you are there.  I wish I could only sympathize, but I can also empathize since I understand a lot of what you are describing.

All I can say is that, based on what I've seen you write, these things don't last -- they are transient.  The time they stay is longer than we'd like without doubt, but they  move on.  Frequently, unfortunately, they are replaced with other issues that seem equally distressing, but at times, as I see you describe, they lift somewhat and you can have decent moments.  The way this is SUPPOSED to work is that over time the "decent moments" (windows) get longer and wider and the other stuff (waves) gets shorter and narrower.  I say SUPPOSED because, frankly, I haven't seen a whole heck of a lot of that process myself.

I will tell you what I tell me -- hang in there.  This can change in a hurry.  In that vein, even if the coping strategies FEEL worthless keep going with them -- the cumulative effect of them is what ultimately provides a modicum of relief.

Best,

Andy

Sound Andy cheers ,I seem to be more scared of my thoughts, listening to Eckart tolle last night ,I had to turn it off  .it was all about the "disease" of thinking and I was "oh hell I'm in trouble "

I have that feeling of being  that sick kid when they stare out the window looking at the others kids playing but being an Adult in todays society like this is "nuts".i cant tame my Ego ,my thinking is more on the Darwinian model so im in a pickle lol.im definitely becoming spiritualized by this process and what I've seen and learned from the great support of members .

listening to mike Tyson recently about how disgusted he is about he's past  ,professional/private life is very interesting ,hes so honest and contrite.im like this about my past [albeit nuero thinking ] ,I cant drop it .with me there's nothing dodgy ,just a mountain of wrong choices that leads the Ego to attack me  .definitely not being able to exercise has pushed these thoughts to fore front .unconsciously I would find a hill and jog up it ,to release tension.

Take care Andy ,I hope your hunkered down with this weather I see in the US . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, Martina23 said:

pb, I wanted to support you. I know that you are not feeling that well. You just have to survive it. I think when you manage to come off these drugs in a safe way it would be already better. Now (I think) your body feels already poisoned through Effexor, Prozac and with each new drug it would be only worse. Please take it as status quo now, you are feeling now unwell, you are on one drug and from the second you have withdrawal. You will slowly go down and when you are on zero you will feel better. And just look forward to the future. In one or two years you will be laughing about it. And then you can still make so much from your life, travel, be CEO of some huge company or a doctor. Make yourself with your partner today in the evening something good to eat and you will feel better, that every day is other not the same bad day every day.

will you lend me the 100 grand to be a DR Martina lol ,thankfully there's more chance of me going to mars than being a DR .

your Heart is always in the correct place🙏 ,I was just thinking the other day of a painting to describe what's going on in my head but getting it onto canvas would be a challenge. 

You've actually reminded me ha ,I need to think of something for her dinner ,she's home late from work .

ile sign out soon ,my critic is telling me im being an attention seeker .

Take care Martina .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

The Prozac is making you sleepy

interesting 🤔,its hard to tell but there is a pattern between 12 and 15.00 everyday . 

I can remember going back more than 2 years ago after going from 75mg Effexor to 35mg Effexor, ide  have a similar "brain fatigue".im putting fait in the infection clearing up after root canal out ,all this is bound to me more than just the drugs. 

I have noticed that horrible uncomfortable tired ,heavy ,dry  feeling with my eyes has eased .

🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
42 minutes ago, powerback said:

Take care Andy ,I hope your hunkered down with this weather I see in the US . 

Thanks, PB.

I'm in Washington, DC and it's 11 degrees Farenheit (about -11 Celsius) which is cold, but in places like Chicago and Minneapolis it's more like -20 which is just insane.  As always, you show great concern for others and I thank you for that.

45 minutes ago, powerback said:

I seem to be more scared of my thoughts

For people who deal with the "mental" side of withdrawal, i.e., psychological, emotional, spiritual suffering there are two aspects that need to be considered and what role each plays will vary for each person.

First, you have the drug and its effects on the brain, the thought process, and the creation of so-called "neuroemotions".

Second, you have the underlying tendencies of the individual which are largely behavioral in nature and result from circumstances (childhood impact, family history, life stresses, etc.).

It can be extremely hard to parse out what is causing what and the fact that they interrelate makes it all the more difficult.

We have a tendency (at SA and elsewhere) because we know we have been iatrogenically damaged by meds to blame EVERYTHING on the meds.  I appreciate the fact that you don't do that.  HOWEVER, my sense is that you go the other way and take far too much blame for your circumstances.  You are human and need to have a greater amount of self-compassion.  If you've never listened to Kristen Neff you watch the following Ted talk

and consider some of her writings.  I think she is top notch on issues of how to be more gentle on yourself.  

Ask yourself, "would you say the things you say to yourself to a close friend, or your partner?"

If the answer is no, start working to reframe your thoughts.

You are sick from the meds but I believe your thought processes, and in particular the way you are constantly self-flagellating is exacerbating your situation.  That leads you down the "fear trail" as you think you will never heal, etc., etc., etc.

It's not easy, and especially not in w/d, but I would encourage you to consider ways to look at your situation differently and with less anger toward yourself.

I think I speak for the SA family when I say that you seem like a pretty good dude -- it would be nice if you saw that as well.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Administrator

I would not go back on Effexor.

I know it's difficult for you, powerback, but your daily drug and symptom pattern is the only way I can tell if you're taking too little or too much Prozac, or if you have withdrawal still from Effexor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I would not go back on Effexor.

I know it's difficult for you, powerback, but your daily drug and symptom pattern is the only way I can tell if you're taking too little or too much Prozac, or if you have withdrawal still from Effexor.

Sound thanks alto ,emotionaly more sensitive and night time anxiety I can't remember having before but im sleeping for the most part .

I agree about the effexor .

Take care 👍😁.

ps ignore the smiley face ,only ment thumbs up .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

28/1/19

05.30:wake,strong SI ,feel terrible.

06.30:back asleep.

08.00:wake ,NS,RT.

08.45:breakfast+5mg Prozac,SI.

10.00:lemon+ginger drink, bit dizzy, fatigue.

10.30:back to bed ,brain fog,slight vertigo,nausea.

10.30-16.00:nausea ,stomach upset [rarely ever happens to me ] 

18.30-20.30:parents visited ,[overwhelmed with there holiday talking lol but a nice catch-up],critic raging .

21.30:anxiety 7/10.

22.30:decent sleep.

Stomach upset and nausea for most of the day had me really off but it didn't turn into a bug like I feared.

29/01/19

08.45:wake ,feel terrible ,RT.

09.30:breakfast,headache ,tired,mood not as terrible .

10.00:strong STs,tension in back+shoulders,legs+arms weak/sore.

10.10:meds [very unusuall time ,I forgot].

12.00: inner critic raging ,NS ,emotionally sensitive ,triggers everywere. bad morning.

15.30:extreme fatigue, laydown,legs weak,can barely keep eyes open.

20.30:took two 250micro gm xnax.NS,RT,IT.

22.30:sleep ,was ok .

today was mostly horrendous ,shameful+doom thoughts and the big S

30/01/19

09.00:wake ,exhausted,RT,meds .

09.30:breakfast,ok energy in legs.

11.00:tired ,legs like lead,tension in back and neck .

12.00:food ,back to bed ,cant keep eyes open.

13.00:dizzy,tired .

14.00:listening to music ,releasing built up emotion ,positive outcome.

14.30:got out for aa walk to buy veg,very tired and felt disconnected.

16.00:back home ,I feel off .

18.30:food,iritable,exausted ,working very hard to keep mood lifted,RT,IT.

22.30:Sleep ,awake a few times .

Got out this day ,bad cabin fever.

31/01/19

08.00 :wake,SI ,feelings of doom .

90.00:meds+breakfast,RT,IT,SI.

11.00:extremely irritable ,fed up ,emotionallyall over the place.

12.00:food ,rage attack [couple of minutes ] lifted weights trying to dissipate rage [lactic acid build up maybe],RT,IT

12.00-17.00,tired ,irritable .

17.30:dins,bit dizzy ,RT,IT,tired.

21.00:anxiety 8/10,a little hyper,NS.

23.00:sleep was ok ,twice wake for toilet and back to sleep straight away.

Not the worst day in the world mood wise .

Starting a very detailed food diary today .

🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I notice that you lifted weights. Did it help at all ? @powerback

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

15 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

I notice that you lifted weights. Did it help at all ? @powerback

I was lying in bed when the attack came over me ,so in the aspect of distraction and thinking "lactic acid build up".

I didn't do it for long and I can feel it in my shoulders ,very scary indeed that my body like this .I don't lift weights normally because my work is physical ,when I am working that is .barely done anything in 2 months 

my Body is saying no big time .

A masseuse gave me a tip about using a rolled up towel and roll over it along the length of my spine to release tension ,I must do this .  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks PB. I’m trying to stop lifting weights at the moment. My body needs all its energy to combat the wd’s . I can be OCD about lifting weights though so that’s hard as well. Hope you feel better soon , mate.

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

1 hour ago, Steve61 said:

Thanks PB. I’m trying to stop lifting weights at the moment. My body needs all its energy to combat the wd’s . I can be OCD about lifting weights though so that’s hard as well. Hope you feel better soon , mate.

Direct your OCD to resting ,make it work for you .

Take care mate .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

You might just do mediu- intensity exercise, don't push it. Walking is best, it doesn't release cortisol like other exercise does, and being out and about changes the channel.

powerback, you fairly consistently leave off the time of day you take Prozac. It's about 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m., correct? Every day, you're not skipping days? Please put that in your daily notes.

What does NS, RT, IT mean? What symptom has become worse since you've been taking only 5mg Prozac? Have any symptoms gotten better?

Just to confirm -- crumbs of Effexor don't do anything, did you say? If that is so, this means you're probably having side effects from Prozac.

Good to see you're sleeping. It looks very much like Prozac makes you tired. You might move it gradually later in the day, until you're taking it at night. Please continue to take notes, we don't want it interfering with your sleep.

How often do you take Xanax?

15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You might just do mediu- intensity exercise, don't push it. Walking is best, it doesn't release cortisol like other exercise does, and being out and about changes the channel.

even a year ago I was still doing a few kilometres  a day walking ,before withdrawl 5k was normal for me .my body is refusing to cooperate and it cant bare the cold ,its shut down big time.

powerback, you fairly consistently leave off the time of day you take Prozac. It's about 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m., correct? Every day, you're not skipping days? Please put that in your daily notes.

Its there under Meds in my notes,yep im consistent with times I take it .never skip days.

What does NS, RT, IT mean? What symptom has become worse since you've been taking only 5mg Prozac? Have any symptoms gotten better?

NS=noise sensitivity ,RT=racing thoughts,IT =intrusive thoughts.SI=Suicide Ideation .

my temperament is definitely worse and irritability.

I'm noticing light sensitivity creeping in ,was never a big factor before .

Ide say my mood at times is better and my  sense of humour is positive a times ,the other day I did run up the  stairs [positive].

At the moment im dealing with flashbacks[PTSD of sorts] ,going back to childhood[not overly worried] ,my sense of smell is intense also [mostly negative]

Just to confirm -- crumbs of Effexor don't do anything, did you say? If that is so, this means you're probably having side effects from Prozac.

No tangible positive effect from the crumb [maybe try again for a few days ] 

Good to see you're sleeping. It looks very much like Prozac makes you tired. You might move it gradually later in the day, until you're taking it at night. Please continue to take notes, we don't want it interfering with your sleep.

Oh japers no way would I compromise my sleep ,even though I don't feel rested a lot of the time .

I could handle taking it about 17.00 maybe .

I settle down about 21.00 every night and last night I did have a lovely comfort and relaxed/content feeling come over me 👍.

I will keep up the notes.

How often do you take Xanax?

Not often at all ,I have taken it about 4 times during the switch ,over the 6 weeks .its only 250 micro grams tablet  but I'm very wary of it .

I have noticed at times my thoughts drifting to wanting it[relief] but I'm an addict so I'm always watchful .I'm an addict in the sense my brain reach's for things ,I noticed this after giving alcohol up . 

I've noticed I'm eating cereal and enjoying it lately ,not a good thing [sugar ] .

My dopamine is definitely off because my impulse control is off ,kind of always was .  

Thanks Alto ,take  great care .🙏.

Edited by powerback

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:22 PM, powerback said:

28/1/19

05.30:wake,strong SI ,feel terrible.

06.30:back asleep.

08.00:wake ,NS,RT.

08.45:breakfast+5mg Prozac,SI.

10.00:lemon+ginger drink, bit dizzy, fatigue.

10.30:back to bed ,brain fog,slight vertigo,nausea.

10.30-16.00:nausea ,stomach upset [rarely ever happens to me ] 

18.30-20.30:parents visited ,[overwhelmed with there holiday talking lol but a nice catch-up],critic raging .

21.30:anxiety 7/10.

22.30:decent sleep.

Stomach upset and nausea for most of the day had me really off but it didn't turn into a bug like I feared.

29/01/19

08.45:wake ,feel terrible ,RT.

09.30:breakfast,headache ,tired,mood not as terrible .

10.00:strong STs,tension in back+shoulders,legs+arms weak/sore.

10.10:meds [very unusuall time ,I forgot].

12.00: inner critic raging ,NS ,emotionally sensitive ,triggers everywere. bad morning.

15.30:extreme fatigue, laydown,legs weak,can barely keep eyes open.

20.30:took two 250micro gm xnax.NS,RT,IT.

22.30:sleep ,was ok .

today was mostly horrendous ,shameful+doom thoughts and the big S

30/01/19

09.00:wake ,exhausted,RT,meds .

09.30:breakfast,ok energy in legs.

11.00:tired ,legs like lead,tension in back and neck .

12.00:food ,back to bed ,cant keep eyes open.

13.00:dizzy,tired .

14.00:listening to music ,releasing built up emotion ,positive outcome.

14.30:got out for aa walk to buy veg,very tired and felt disconnected.

16.00:back home ,I feel off .

18.30:food,iritable,exausted ,working very hard to keep mood lifted,RT,IT.

22.30:Sleep ,awake a few times .

Got out this day ,bad cabin fever.

31/01/19

08.00 :wake,SI ,feelings of doom .

90.00:meds+breakfast,RT,IT,SI.

11.00:extremely irritable ,fed up ,emotionallyall over the place.

12.00:food ,rage attack [couple of minutes ] lifted weights trying to dissipate rage [lactic acid build up maybe],RT,IT

12.00-17.00,tired ,irritable .

17.30:dins,bit dizzy ,RT,IT,tired.

21.00:anxiety 8/10,a little hyper,NS.

23.00:sleep was ok ,twice wake for toilet and back to sleep straight away.

Not the worst day in the world mood wise .

Starting a very detailed food diary today .

🙏.

Powerback, did you have prior meds (I mean as your condition) racing and intrusive thoughts? Or did it come first after the meds?

symptoms OCD

hi pb

I got you message. I hope your ok mate.

Im doing not so bad however i have been better. Its 9 month now. Feels like forever. 

Wishing you well and keep up the positive approach. 

Good luck.

Lee

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Administrator

To move the Prozac to the evening in a way that will not unduly rock the boat, move it by an hour each day. Be sure to keep notes so we can tell what this does.

Don't try to figure out dopamine levels, etc. -- that does not compute.

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

To move the Prozac to the evening in a way that will not unduly rock the boat, move it by an hour each day. Be sure to keep notes so we can tell what this does.

Don't try to figure out dopamine levels, etc. -- that does not compute.

Ok sound Alto ,thanks.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi, just thought would chime in with something as I too am getting fatigue after taking even a small dose of prozac, I moved it a bit later as suggested here to lunch time then had a wee nap, that helped a bit, and had a routine with some gentle exercise in the morning, helps a bit. I also noticed you said hyperarousal the last few months which is when it says increased prozac a bit. I also have this weird wound up / hyperarousal along with fatigue, after lowering prozac, seems to be we can get more sensitive to it.  Kind thoughts.

Fluoxetine 20mg a day, (mornings) Amitryptilline 10-50mg (evenings) for last two years (usually lowest dose of the latter) Previously on and off Fluoxetine since 1999. Off completely for pregnancies in 200s with no problems but recently more difficult to withdraw.End 2018 Tapered to 10mg Fluoxetine (am) and 10mg Amitryptilline (evening)Co-codomol 30/500 prescribed (one to two tabs 6 hrly as required for pain)

Start Jan 2019 5mg Fluoxetine mornings. Stopped amitryptilline.

6th Feb 2019 Stopped Fluoxetine, 2 X 425mg St Johns Wort daily. 

9th Feb 2019 Reinstated 5mg Prozac, stopped SJW due to headaches and upset tummy.

10th Feb 2019 Started using liquid diluted Prozac and syringe, dividing doses (2 X 2.5ml) = 5mg daily

12th Feb 2019 Stopped prozac after even small doses seem to be causing a bad reaction.

17th Feb 2019 Started taking single dose 425mg SJW mornings 

Also taking supplements: Multivitamin, Longvida Curcumin 500mg a day, Magnesium Citrate 500mg/day, Magnesium L-threonate 50mg/day, Omega 3 (with Vit E) 1000mg/day, Vitamin D3 20000IU

Just now, Orangeblossom77 said:

Hi, just thought would chime in with something as I too am getting fatigue after taking even a small dose of prozac, I moved it a bit later as suggested here to lunch time then had a wee nap, that helped a bit, and had a routine with some gentle exercise in the morning, helps a bit. Kind thoughts.

Interesting thanks OB77 for your Insight .take care 🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

12 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

hi pb

I got you message. I hope your ok mate.

Im doing not so bad however i have been better. Its 9 month now. Feels like forever. 

Wishing you well and keep up the positive approach. 

Good luck.

Lee

Cheers leo .

Good your not too bad ,youl be ok ,theres no other choice .

Take care 👍.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Alto ,I mite be in a situation today that I cant take prozac  ,ive spent the whole day in a serous state and scared for my safety .its calmed in the last hour,but as soon asI I woke it went from bad to worse.defo never this bad on effexor.

I dont like posting this and frankly im  embarrassed but its warranted because its never been this severe .

Im ok and just want your thoughts on it .

I will try settle for the night .

Thanks and take care.🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Deep breath pb.

Thinking of you. Hope you get the advice that helps. 

Its such a shame what these drugs do to people. 

Hope you get some rest. 

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Alto ,I mite be in a situation today that I cant take prozac  ,ive spent the whole day in a serous state and scared for my safety .its calmed in the last hour,but as soon asI I woke it went from bad to worse.defo never this bad on effexor.

I dont like posting this and frankly im  embarrassed but its warranted because its never been this severe .

Im ok and just want your thoughts on it .

I will try settle for the night .

Thanks and take care.🙏.

I am sorry pb, I hope it will all get ok.

symptoms OCD

I am so sorry, PB.....I hope this passes soon and you feel some relief tonight.  Thinking about you, WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

On 1/18/2019 at 7:47 AM, Martina23 said:

PB, 

Just want to join Martina and WR to say hang on, it will pass, many of us are feeling just as tangled inside so we are together! 

Hope today has been more gentle on you... 

Out2C 

* Fluoxetine: 40 mg 1999-2012; 60 mg 2012-March 2019;  45.2 mg at present.

* Provigil: 25-100 mg PRN 2005 to mid-2015; 200-300 mg mid-2015 to early 2016; tapered from 300 mg in early 2016 to 100 mg early 2017; tapered from 100 mg early 2017 to 33 mg June 15, 2019;  8.9 mg at present.

* Amitriptyline: 10-15 mg 2002-2013; 25 mg 2014 to December 5, 2018; December 15, 2018 converted to water suspension and tapered to 16.5 mg at present

* Diazepam: 5 mg at night 2002-present

Supplements: Iron for anemia

Recent tapering timeline:

2019:  Fluoxetine 60 mg        Provigil 33.5 mg      Amitriptyline 25 mg   Diazepam 5 mg

2022:          45.2 mg                      8.9 mg                     16.5 mg                        5 mg

Back Story: From 2012 thru early 2017, relocated and cycled through over 20 primary and psych docs (supposedly for severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) who prescribed two dozen different psych meds in search of the "perfect therapeutic combo." Took most for only a few days, some for a week. Included Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Seroquel, Lamictal, Klonopin, Lyrica, Gabapentin, Belsomra, Tramadol, Librium, Halcyon, Remeron and -- the last straw, Trintellix. Began in early 2016 when it was still called Brintellix (Pharma's attempt to combine the words "brilliance" and "intelligence" in a pill name), became unable to eat or sleep, lost 25 lbs and the ability to speak. Slowly tapered myself back to Prozac by 2017 but was unable to stop akathisia, cortisol mornings and kindling which continue, actively, through present.