powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

18 hours ago, powerback said:

Hi everyone thanks for checking in yous are so kind ,martina thank you but don't waste your time because you'll be holding them forever lol.

Bridge is put off after the first day I did it ,I noticed enough negativity to leave it and pick it up after my break away witch is this week .

I'm now terrified to try anything .

Im very unstable and have extreme brain fatigue with tension and headaches ,its horribly uncomfortable.it feels like the anxiety is buried deep into my brain cells .im sleeping but have the feeling of no sleep in my eyes and through the day 

.I have weird miniscule glimpses of my old self for a second lately  witch  is very weird but no were near enough to put up with this crap .only a drop in the ocean .I work so dam hard to get on with the day people must think im making it up .

Im too tired for weeks to bother getting a haircut or shave ,I better do something before traveling on Friday lol.

Ile keep myself occupied with building shelves for the shed .this exhaustion needs to lift before my patience wears out .

Thanks ,DJ ,Peng , Martina ,I hope yous are ok . 

sorry to hear this buddy, hopefully the holiday will pick you up a bit, will need to put a game plan together when you get back, try force yourself for a haircut and shave you will feel better in yourself after it,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I ,george orwells 1984 is nothing on how mad it is in today's world ,he had great insight into future and the  human condition .

We are constantly given robs to break our own backs in our society.

Never mind millions of euro ,ide hust love to well enough to enjoy a quite life.

Yeah, totally, I agree. Are your Holidays overseas? Do you still feel so bad?

1 year risperidone, 1 year olanzapine (10 mg). attempted first withdrawal cold turkey, failed. 2 more years olanzapine, switched to abilify which was very disruptive so attempted quitting cold turkey, failed. then 4 years amisulpride at 150 mg and about 3 zoloft at 150 mg. attempted withdrawal from both in 3 weeks, failed. reinstated zoloft and bridged to olanzapine (10 mg), successfully withdrew it over 10 months. tried withdrawing zoloft over 12 months, failed. bridged to prozac, at 40 mg,  now at 12 mg.

I share Iatrogenesis's question. Are you feeling already super, super good or still the same? I wish I also had holidays overseas. But we have no money. So we will have holiday only at home. But also good. I will put a candle on the table, various nuts and we will read with children a lot of stories in the evening. It is the most beautiful in the rain. I love very much raining. I  actually only wanted  to say that also holiday at home is good. Enjoy your holiday!

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Hi PB -  I thought I'd pop by your thread as you had mentioned on mine that you have been feeling really sick these last few months.  I am so sorry and really empathize.  Are you still considering the Prozac bridge?  I feel a kinship with you as we are stuck in a similar situation. You are in my thoughts - WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

10 hours ago, wantrelief said:

Hi PB -  I thought I'd pop by your thread as you had mentioned on mine that you have been feeling really sick these last few months.  I am so sorry and really empathize.  Are you still considering the Prozac bridge?  I feel a kinship with you as we are stuck in a similar situation. You are in my thoughts - WR.

+1

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

12 hours ago, wantrelief said:

HI WR ,im so confused I cant make a decision .im desperate that's the problem ,the last month is getting increasingly worse ,intrusive thoughts are making my waking and sleeping brain overwhelmed and all my reading to help myself out of this mess just makes me aware of how bad and deeper the hole gets ,sometimes I think going back to drinking is a good thing to make it all go away but I cant afford to be homeless or thrown out of were I live so this stops me ,if ide the wealth and circumstance I would do it because this isn't something to be endured.im too sensitive to even turn the radio on ,the topics are usually middle class problems of no pay rise this year and I'm terrified  the next bad mood im in will result in me homeless.

Theres a demon in me that wants to destroy me ,withdrawl or not why should society put up with this .any throw away pass remark about mental health winds me up .

I need to get out into the sun today ,ile force myself .

Take care .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Iatrogenesis said:

Yeah, totally, I agree. Are your Holidays overseas? Do you still feel so bad?

Hi Iatrogenesis and martina  not overseas exactly just a hop over the Irish sea to Scotland,got caught up in the storm and stuck in the airport all day and evening   because flight was cancelled on Wednesday.flight took off at 11.45 pm ,it was scheduled for 15.30.

it annoyed me because I had a feeling it would be cancelled[I did the usual blame myself thing for even leaving for the airport ,this is very bad self critical thing I do ]

,the lady in the Airbnb said we could stay all day and no pressure to be out but the flight wasn't cancelled until we got to airport ,we stayed on the coast  so I would of loved a walk and watch the waves in the storm .

nothing changed really still bad and want to be asleep for ever ,every second of life is just a chore and hard .

The people I went with weren't to pleased but I already have the unwanted experience of managing withdrawl so stuck in a terminal is a peace of cake .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

HI WR ,im so confused I cant make a decision .im desperate that's the problem ,the last month is getting increasingly worse ,intrusive thoughts are making my waking and sleeping brain overwhelmed and all my reading to help myself out of this mess just makes me aware of how bad and deeper the hole gets ,sometimes I think going back to drinking is a good thing to make it all go away but I cant afford to be homeless or thrown out of were I live so this stops me ,if ide the wealth and circumstance I would do it because this isn't something to be endured.im too sensitive to even turn the radio on ,the topics are usually middle class problems of no pay rise this year and I'm terrified  the next bad mood im in will result in me homeless.

Theres a demon in me that wants to destroy me ,withdrawl or not why should society put up with this .any throw away pass remark about mental health winds me up .

I need to get out into the sun today ,ile force myself .

Take care .

PB, alcohol is not an option for people like us. Please don’t keep thinking about it as an option for you. If you think of it as a way out , often enough, it could easily become a reality. It really would be swapping one version of hell for another. You have described what could so easily happen. Homelessness,begging on the streets, prison, asylum. Who knows what is waiting for us if we just pick up that first drink. It can seem so harmless but we know that it isn’t. We are alcoholics. Please go to a meeting. 

Even if we weren’t alcoholics, drinking alcohol wouldn’t help our wd’s from antidepressants . We have to heal . Let our brains heal, rewire or whatever it is that happens. I’m sure alcohol would just delay the process. It is a very powerful ,albeit legal ,drug.You know this. It will not help. We do this by helping one another. Sharing and caring. Swapping tips and info. Me telling you that I am suffering as well. I’ve had a bad wave this last couple of weeks with very small windows but we can do this. It will get better. The evidence is here. People do recover.

One day at a time

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

54 minutes ago, Steve61 said:

PB, alcohol is not an option for people like us. Please don’t keep thinking about it as an option for you. If you think of it as a way out , often enough, it could easily become a reality. It really would be swapping one version of hell for another. You have described what could so easily happen. Homelessness,begging on the streets, prison, asylum. Who knows what is waiting for us if we just pick up that first drink. It can seem so harmless but we know that it isn’t. We are alcoholics. Please go to a meeting. 

Even if we weren’t alcoholics, drinking alcohol wouldn’t help our wd’s from antidepressants . We have to heal . Let our brains heal, rewire or whatever it is that happens. I’m sure alcohol would just delay the process. It is a very powerful ,albeit legal ,drug.You know this. It will not help. We do this by helping one another. Sharing and caring. Swapping tips and info. Me telling you that I am suffering as well. I’ve had a bad wave this last couple of weeks with very small windows but we can do this. It will get better. The evidence is here. People do recover.

One day at a time

Steve

Sound steve ,I shouldn't be so flipant .im making shelves for the shed at the moment ,its a nice sunny day ,ile take that and enjoy,not much patience ,my drill bit is crap lol.take care .

Ile have to be aware of my perfectionism or ile be here all night lol.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 hours ago, powerback said:

im so confused I cant make a decision .im desperate that's the problem ,the last month is getting increasingly worse ,intrusive thoughts are making my waking and sleeping brain overwhelmed

I know how hard it is to make any decisions when overwhelmed with intrusive thoughts as I get them too, sometimes quite badly.  I am so sorry this last month has felt worse. I can't remember how long ago you had a generic change in your medication?  I wonder if the worsening is from your brain still adapting to that change?  You have been through so much and really deserve some peace, PB.  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

2 hours ago, powerback said:

Sound steve ,I shouldn't be so flipant .im making shelves for the shed at the moment ,its a nice sunny day ,ile take that and enjoy,not much patience ,my drill bit is crap lol.take care .

Ile have to be aware of my perfectionism or ile be here all night lol.

Yeah, perfectionism !! Something else we have in common. Sometimes I won’t do a job  because I  think that I will not do a good enough job of it! Beaten before I start . 

I’m glad you have taken my comments in the right context. I only want you to get better PB. I truly believe that together we are stronger.   Good luck with the shelves !!

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

2 hours ago, Steve61 said:

Yeah, perfectionism !! Something else we have in common. Sometimes I won’t do a job  because I  think that I will not do a good enough job of it! Beaten before I start . 

I’m glad you have taken my comments in the right context. I only want you to get better PB. I truly believe that together we are stronger.   Good luck with the shelves !!

Steve

Cheers steve there all done now ,delighted with them I am lol.

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, wantrelief said:

I know how hard it is to make any decisions when overwhelmed with intrusive thoughts as I get them too, sometimes quite badly.  I am so sorry this last month has felt worse. I can't remember how long ago you had a generic change in your medication?  I wonder if the worsening is from your brain still adapting to that change?  You have been through so much and really deserve some peace, PB.  

Thanks WR your very kind for the nice words.

Take and have a nice weekend.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Mentor
6 hours ago, Steve61 said:

Even if we weren’t alcoholics, drinking alcohol wouldn’t help our wd’s from antidepressants . We have to heal . Let our brains heal, rewire or whatever it is that happens. I’m sure alcohol would just delay the process.

Well, I see you've moved on from thinking about drinking but emphasize that Steve is right: our brains -- our physical brains -- are healing and adding a toxin as powerful as alcohol is not an option for further healing. It would set you back in so much. And, thinking about it is like planning for a relapse -- don't even consider it and increase the strength of that neuronal pathway.

I hear you on enduring a wave -- I am yo-yo'ing from dirty windows to waves... it is different, even more uncomfortable than depression, and generally is no fun. But doing things -- like getting out in the sun and making shelves, for instance -- helps. I need to remember that myself! Take care.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

35 minutes ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

Well, I see you've moved on from thinking about drinking but emphasize that Steve is right: our brains -- our physical brains -- are healing and adding a toxin as powerful as alcohol is not an option for further healing. It would set you back in so much. And, thinking about it is like planning for a relapse -- don't even consider it and increase the strength of that neuronal pathway.

I hear you on enduring a wave -- I am yo-yo'ing from dirty windows to waves... it is different, even more uncomfortable than depression, and generally is no fun. But doing things -- like getting out in the sun and making shelves, for instance -- helps. I need to remember that myself! Take care.

Thanks FGW .its weird ,I was watching a documentary last week about a tv presenters life that revolves around alcohol and he's honest surmise of he's attitude towards it .I was getting them happy warm feelings watching them drink and totally not even thinking of the mess that follows my drinking ,nothing mayor but I've noticed this in my brain the last few months

.I also watched a mans talk about being addicted to crystal meth ,he said something very interesting ,he cant take anything ,not even over the counter pain meds because he's system gets addicted to everything ,I cant remember what he called it.

I believed I'm weird this way .

Sound FGW be  safe.  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 hours ago, powerback said:

Thanks FGW .its weird ,I was watching a documentary last week about a tv presenters life that revolves around alcohol and he's honest surmise of he's attitude towards it .I was getting them happy warm feelings watching them drink and totally not even thinking of the mess that follows my drinking ,nothing mayor but I've noticed this in my brain the last few months

.I also watched a mans talk about being addicted to crystal meth ,he said something very interesting ,he cant take anything ,not even over the counter pain meds because he's system gets addicted to everything ,I cant remember what he called it.

I believed I'm weird this way .

Sound FGW be  safe.  

I’m the same PB. I’m an alcoholic and an addict. I can get addicted to anything. I have to avoid all drugs that alter my mood . Have done for tha last 18 years. Opiate painkillers, Valium,Cough medicines etc, etc , etc. I am so careful and yet here I am !! Never classed ad’s in the same ways as all these other drugs. As far as I was aware they were non addictive and they were my medicine. I know differently now of course. 

I saw the program about the presenter. I think it was on that program that a psychiatrist or similar said that if alcohol was only being discovered today , that it would never be made legal. Alcohol is a powerful drug that messes with our brains.

4 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

I am yo-yo'ing from dirty windows to waves

I like FGW’s description of mainly waves and a few dirty windows. That’s me at the moment.

One day at a time

Steve

Hi PB,

How you getting on?

How's your leg?

I have withdrawal from meds.

I try to keep consistent as much as I can

nutrition, sleep and  working out

Stay away from beer as much as possible,  its not good or the health especially in wthdrawal,

f its impossible to avoid  alcohol mix it with non alcohol beverage to increase volume and reduce absortion rate.

I don't drink at all when I go out,

You went on a trip? abroad?

Try to avoid habits that  remind you of drinking like staiyng in . Keep busy to distract yourself  like watching movies etc. its

take care.

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

• Mentor
3 hours ago, Steve61 said:

I am so careful and yet here I am !! Never classed ad’s in the same ways as all these other drugs. As far as I was aware they were non addictive and they were my medicine.

Wow, @Steve61, wow: to have that level of control and get prescribed ADs as medicine is so harsh. It is insane how ADs are seen as non-addictive (technically they are not but the withdrawal is worse than actual addictive substances).

We'll all make it through together.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

9 hours ago, Steve61 said:

I’m the same PB. I’m an alcoholic and an addict. I can get addicted to anything. I have to avoid all drugs that alter my mood . Have done for tha last 18 years. Opiate painkillers, Valium,Cough medicines etc, etc , etc. I am so careful and yet here I am !! Never classed ad’s in the same ways as all these other drugs. As far as I was aware they were non addictive and they were my medicine. I know differently now of course. 

I saw the program about the presenter. I think it was on that program that a psychiatrist or similar said that if alcohol was only being discovered today , that it would never be made legal. Alcohol is a powerful drug that messes with our brains.

I like FGW’s description of mainly waves and a few dirty windows. That’s me at the moment.

One day at a time

Steve

Adrian chiles was the presenter ,the thing is it never seemed to get in the way of hes work or living life ,it was very interesting what frank skinner said ,he said just keep at it because he holds down a productive life .

I was at one of my first AA meetings when I first gave up drink and I noticed a young guy chairing the meeting ,I envy him now I look back because he realised very early on he had to stop drinking .

For some reason I can't get my madness of drink out of my head and move on ,it must be this very dark wave im in pulling on all the nasty memories and beating me with it.

Take care steve.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Yes, that’s the one I saw with Adrian Chiles.  I think that there is a massive difference between an alcoholic and a person who just drinks too much. If something dramatic enough happens to the big drinker then he/she can stop. If he/she lost a job because of drinking then they would stop. An alcoholic would act exactly the opposite. He/she would drink more to blot out what had happened !!!! Insanity.  Plus a person who drinks too much, who is not alcoholic, can cut down. Like Chiles did. That’s impossible for an alcoholic.

Skinner was interesting. I like Frank Skinner but he did give the impression that being sober was not something that he particularly enjoyed. As if it was something he had to endure to be successful.As if he envied drinkers. I don’t think that would work for me. I look back at my drinking days with horror. I think I’ve trained my mind to remember the horrible times and there were plenty !  I don’t envy drinkers. My life is better without alcohol. That is a fact.  You know my thoughts on sobriety, PB. Go to meeting. For me the 2 go  together. Sobriety and AA. I don’t want to be sober and miserable. I dont want to be sober under sufferance. I want happiness. I’ve got to go through this wd but it WILL pass. Alcohol won’t help me.

One day at a time

Steve

24 minutes ago, powerback said:

Adrian chiles was the presenter ,the thing is it never seemed to get in the way of hes work or living life ,it was very interesting what frank skinner said ,he said just keep at it because he holds down a productive life .

I was at one of my first AA meetings when I first gave up drink and I noticed a young guy chairing the meeting ,I envy him now I look back because he realised very early on he had to stop drinking .

For some reason I can't get my madness of drink out of my head and move on ,it must be this very dark wave im in pulling on all the nasty memories and beating me with it.

Take care steve.

1 hour ago, Steve61 said:

My life is better without alcohol.

Exactly Steve I agree ,for now I need to be watchful of the monkey on my back ,for some reason I hover over the bottomless pit without going in

.im pretty sure its because my main DE stressor and enjoyment has been taking away the last few months ,witch is hiking ,I love going off for the day and before the withdrawl doing 10k was normal ,I have this as a  goal to get back to rather than siting at the bar talking sh*te  .I need to forgive my past.

I agree also about skinner ,he was scared straight but went on to be very successful in the 90s/2000s,he got a lot out of he's sobriety   .be well and take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Im convinced im very close to thyroid disease ,found out my mam on meds for it for decades.

Nasty psoriasis has flared up the last few months and everything Ive read shows I have it or very very close to it .

The problem is im so weak willed ,put bread and jam beside me and its impossible .

Ile have to make a better effort with no gluten and non GMO foods .

Had eggs and chcken lastnight and I could sense my system not liking it ,so the eggs are out for 90 days it anoys me because im extremely unwell and weak but yet I still put crap in my body .got a walk in today witch is a positive .

Ile have to treat these foods like alcohol

Take care all.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Well done on the walk p.b 

i had my thyroid tested awhile back but the doctors don’t do the proper testing (surprise)

i am convinced mine as blown hence so much weight hair snapping off etc...

i am trying to cut out gluten but getting limited on foods etc.

We should be able to eat what we want to help us regain strength but going through this it’s so limited!

lets hope you ain’t & keep up the walks.Been out in nature is so good 

take care 

xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Got myself a vitiman D supplement and taking it today ,im  paranoid about taking it for, reactions ,its 3000 IUs in a single spray dosage .

Any input is always appreciated.

Thanks.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I take a vitamin D gel capsule each day.  It is recommended for the elderly (and more) who can be low in it.  Residents in countries with less sunshine (Ireland/Scotland!), in particular should take it, we can read.

Never noticed any adverse effects like indigection, etc, from it, so I would be glad to hear you can take it.

Thinking of you.

Born 1945. 

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, pinkfairy said:

Well done on the walk p.b 

i had my thyroid tested awhile back but the doctors don’t do the proper testing (surprise)

i am convinced mine as blown hence so much weight hair snapping off etc...

i am trying to cut out gluten but getting limited on foods etc.

We should be able to eat what we want to help us regain strength but going through this it’s so limited!

lets hope you ain’t & keep up the walks.Been out in nature is so good 

take care 

xxx

Hi PF ,ye the walk was ok but it was an effort ,did some work yesterday ,it was a nice sunny day   but it was a struggle in the afternoon and im becoming very self conscious of how ill I am ,the man I was with is getting stronger and fitter and im  gone backwards a while now ,I have enough attributes to carry me through but it does beg the question if im ever able for a 40 hour week and this freaks me out and a cause of stress for me .

Take care pink .  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 minutes ago, peng said:

I take a vitamin D gel capsule each day.  It is recommended for the elderly (and more) who can be low in it.  Residents in countries with less sunshine (Ireland/Scotland!), in particular should take it, we can read.

Never noticed any adverse effects like indigection, etc, from it, so I would be glad to hear you can take it.

Thinking of you.

Hi peng ,whats the IUs of your dose ,highter the better that you can tolerate is better from what I've read .

This process makes us so watchful of everything .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Each capsule

"Vitamin D3 - 25ug (1000iu) 500% NRV.

Vtamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).

Comes in a useful tub of 365 gel capsules. by "NuU".

Made in UK.  Good reviews, not that you can trust them entirely - how do you know anything like this really works?  But I have faith in the scientific explanation.

Born 1945. 

Just now, peng said:

Each capsule

"Vitamin D3 - 25ug (1000iu) 500% NRV.

Vtamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).

Comes in a useful tub of 365 gel capsules. by "NuU".

Made in UK.  Good reviews, not that you can trust them entirely - how do you know anything like this really works?  But I have faith in the scientific explanation.

Exactly peng How do we ,I will compare my results with next years [march] bloods to last ones .

theres one guy I know doesn't eat veg and barely fruit ,lives on bread chicken and cheese ,has massive energy ,abeit caffeine 4 cups a day .the sicker I get ,the more envious I get ,my critical brain goes down the Darwin route of genetics and survival of the fittest .its painful at the bottom .

some one said  to me before the withdrawl hit me."its tough at the top " [I was in an ok place ],my relpy was " you want to see it at the bottom "this was a time of self deprecating loveliness ,now im in tatters ,a simple phone call from an unknown number has me filled with anxiety .its a joke my friend .a dark one at that .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, powerback said:

Got myself a vitiman D supplement and taking it today ,im  paranoid about taking it for, reactions ,its 3000 IUs in a single spray dosage .

Any input is always appreciated.

Thanks.

thats quite a high dosage, maybe best starting with 1000 IU's or less, can get 1000 IU spray, needing to get a vit D supplement myself but scared to try anything at moment,

dreading getting through this winter, need to sort flu jab soon, the flu would finish me off at moment

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

1 minute ago, dj2010 said:

thats quite a high dosage, maybe best starting with 1000 IU's or less, can get 1000 IU spray, needing to get a vit D supplement myself but scared to try anything at moment,

dreading getting through this winter, need to sort flu jab soon, the flu would finish me off at moment

take care

Yep they had the 1000 and of course I got the 3000  DJ ,i read that you don't need to take it every day ,it stores in the body so ile take the 3000  3 times a week for now .

Try turn that dread into learning what you can eat or drink and keep up your strength .

Get into a good flu avoidance routine ,wash hands ,over crowded public places in doors .

Peace to you DJ .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 minutes ago, powerback said:

Yep they had the 1000 and of course I got the 3000  DJ ,i read that you don't need to take it every day ,it stores in the body so ile take the 3000  3 times a week for now .

Try turn that dread into learning what you can eat or drink and keep up your strength .

Get into a good flu avoidance routine ,wash hands ,over crowded public places in doors .

Peace to you DJ .

i did the same and got the 3000 last year, was sensitive at the time and it caused insomnia, had no other symptoms from it though so it may be ok for you, spray a bit on a teaspoon and take a small amount first,

yeh going to try flu avoidance but not easy as kids pick up alsorts of bugs etc from their school, need to live in some underground bunker during winter

cheers

21 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

i did the same and got the 3000 last year, was sensitive at the time and it caused insomnia, had no other symptoms from it though so it may be ok for you, spray a bit on a teaspoon and take a small amount first,

yeh going to try flu avoidance but not easy as kids pick up alsorts of bugs etc from their school, need to live in some underground bunker during winter

cheers

Add a mask yo your glasses lol ,what are we like hey ,I had my earmuffs on in the Airbnb last week and she was like what are they ,ive told her but then she seen me ,just protecting herself from the emotional pain of her son sick ,don't blame her .

Good man DJ ile keep an eye out for insomnia ,witch means I need to take it first thing in the morning .I have to laugh tho on the packet it says "supports a healthy immune system " god knows what mine is like and there's no true way of checking it without considerable expense ide say .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, powerback said:

Hi PF ,ye the walk was ok but it was an effort ,did some work yesterday ,it was a nice sunny day   but it was a struggle in the afternoon and im becoming very self conscious of how ill I am ,the man I was with is getting stronger and fitter and im  gone backwards a while now ,I have enough attributes to carry me through but it does beg the question if im ever able for a 40 hour week and this freaks me out and a cause of stress for me .

Take care pink .  

I know it’s easier said than done but don’t project about working 40 hours a week p.b just try & stay in the here & now because it’s all we have.sorry your suffering :( I just wish everybody could be healed tomorrow 

your doing alright & pushing through p.b but go gentle with your self along the way...if your anything like me I beat myself up for beating my self up urgh 

inner critic horrid.

but am glad you can get out though.I look at out my window at people walking & think that will be me one day 

keep up the good work p.b you just sound battled fatigued my friend.

keep going & look after your self 

p xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

2 hours ago, powerback said:

Add a mask yo your glasses lol ,what are we like hey ,I had my earmuffs on in the Airbnb last week and she was like what are they ,ive told her but then she seen me ,just protecting herself from the emotional pain of her son sick ,don't blame her .

Good man DJ ile keep an eye out for insomnia ,witch means I need to take it first thing in the morning .I have to laugh tho on the packet it says "supports a healthy immune system " god knows what mine is like and there's no true way of checking it without considerable expense ide say .

yeh lengths we have to go to is unreal

yes need take it in morning first thing when wake up, are you still taking milk thistle? was that any good?

good luck with the vit d

PB are you still taking meds now??

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.