powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

• Administrator

pb, what time of day do you take venlafaxine? Does it make you tired? Is the anxiety better or worse at any particular time of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

pb, what time of day do you take venlafaxine? Does it make you tired? Is the anxiety better or worse at any particular time of day?

HI Alto ,I take it at 7am ,I do have extreme tiredness at times and a strong brain/head  fatigue .

I believe its paradoxical too me for a long time now ,I can get very irritable at times .I now understand my living arrangements were never conjusive   for this process .but beggars cant be choosers as the saying goes .

Anxiety can be constant at times so its hard to pin a worse or better time of the day .

Im in quite a tricky spot to pick up my taper and continue ,its a mess because the symptoms get very bad and worrying .

Thanks alto.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Do you feel any different after you take venlafaxine? Up to several hours afterward?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Powerback, 

Im sorry to hear you’re struggling so much. Are you still going for your walks? I know you found them soothing. There’s nothing better than being in nature, is there? I go in nature even when I’m totally anhedonic. At those times I can’t really enjoy it but I just make myself do it anyway. I take photos while I’m out. The only thing that stops me getting out is if I’m too sick because of my illness n am stuck in bed. 

Take care💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Sending my thoughts across the seas to you p.b 

hope you get a break soon 

keep fighting because your worth it 🙏🏻💕

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, Altostrata said:

Do you feel any different after you take venlafaxine? Up to several hours afterward?

Hi Alto apologies for the late reply ,ive become very sick .around 1pm to 3 pm I get very tired .the chronic stress has pushed my body into shut down mode and im very close to cracking or I have already and im just good at hiding it from experience I reckon .

I wont bother with details ,ive a pain in my face from repeating myself

.work at 6.30am this morning and had a meltdown ,had a nap from 8.30 until 9.30 and felt better but back to the horrible dry heavey uncomfortable eyes/tiredness feeling [signs of autoimmune dysfunction from what ive read ].ide say my only hope is to put myself in the hands of DRs and medication,this is insane to try and sustain this torture .

Im a laughing stock at this stage in the game .

I hope your well and everyone else .take care .

PB . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Nobody's laughing at you here.

Did this get worse since November 4? When did you last reduce venlafaxine? How much are you taking now?

On 11/17/2018 at 8:34 PM, Altostrata said:

Nobody's laughing at you here.

Did this get worse since November 4? When did you last reduce venlafaxine? How much are you taking now?

Oh I know that alto ,I didnt mean it to be directed at the site ,ive been fairly bad since the generic brand change in the summer ,im on 37.5 minus 6 beads since october last year .

The internal arguments I have with people in my mind has got very bad ,premting what people think or judge me .

Ide like to take a bead out every 4 days and taper while symptomatic because ive never really reached stability . 

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

pb, maybe it's time to think about substituting Prozac.

If I were you, I would consider adding 3mg Prozac for 3 days, cut Effexor dosage by half, add 2mg Prozac for 3 days, drop Effexor altogether.

Make this change over a holiday.

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

pb, maybe it's time to think about substituting Prozac.

If I were you, I would consider adding 3mg Prozac for 3 days, cut Effexor dosage by half, add 2mg Prozac for 3 days, drop Effexor altogether.

Make this change over a holiday.

Fairly quick transition then ,I understand thanks alto .

When effexor is dropped do I do the equivalent doseage (37.5) of effexor in prozac ,a taper up to persay .

Thanks alto for your help .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

No, if I were you, I'd stick with 5mg Prozac for a good while, see what it does.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

No, if I were you, I'd stick with 5mg Prozac for a good while, see what it does.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Sound thanks alto ,3mg prozac  introduction and halving ven ,is this on the same day from the off .

Thanks for your pateince and help alto .

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

I would add 3mg Prozac for 3 days WITH YOUR CURRENT EFFEXOR DOSAGE, then cut Effexor dosage by half AND AT THE SAME TIME ADD 2mg Prozac. Observe for 3 days, then drop Effexor altogether.

After 6 days, you would be on 5mg Prozac only. Please hang in there, this could be a bit bumpy, but it doesn't look like you can reduce Effexor directly.

• Moderator Emeritus
41 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I would add 3mg Prozac for 3 days WITH YOUR CURRENT EFFEXOR DOSAGE, then cut Effexor dosage by half AND AT THE SAME TIME ADD 2mg Prozac.

Just to clarify this.

Start with 3mg Prozac and then add an additional 2mg Prozac so you would be taking a total of 5mg Prozac.

43 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please hang in there, this could be a bit bumpy

Hang in there, but don't hang on too tightly.  Try to relax and go with the flow.  You can do this.  Pull out those non drug coping skills to use.

And if nothing works:

On 4/28/2017 at 4:03 AM, brassmonkey said:

AAF: Acknowledge, Accept, Float.  It's what you have to do when nothing else works, and can be a very powerful tool in coping with anxiety. The neuroemotional anxiety many of us feel during WD is directly caused by the drugs and their chemical reactions in the brain.  Making it so there is nothing we can do about them.  They won't respond to other drugs, relaxation techniques and the like.  They do, however, react very well to being ignored.  That's the concept behind AAF.  Acknowledge, get to know the feeling involved, explore them.  Accept, These feelings are a part of you and they aren't going anywhere fast. Float, let the feeling float off as you get on with your life as best as you can.  It's a well documented fact that the more you feed in to anxiety the worse it gets.  What starts as generalized neuroemotinal anxiety can be easily blown into a full fledged panic attack just by thinking about it.

I often liken it to an unwanted house guest.  At first you talk to them, have conversations, communicate with them.  After a while you figure out that they aren't leaving and there is nothing you can do to get rid of them.  So you go on about your day, working around them until they get bored and leave.

It can take some practice, but AAF really does work.  I hope you give it a try.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I would add 3mg Prozac for 3 days WITH YOUR CURRENT EFFEXOR DOSAGE, then cut Effexor dosage by half AND AT THE SAME TIME ADD 2mg Prozac. Observe for 3 days, then drop Effexor altogether.

After 6 days, you would be on 5mg Prozac only. Please hang in there, this could be a bit bumpy, but it doesn't look like you can reduce Effexor directly.

Thanks alto ,its already bumpy 😓,fairplay and thsanks for your help alto .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

11 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Just to clarify this.

Start with 3mg Prozac and then add an additional 2mg Prozac so you would be taking a total of 5mg Prozac.

Hang in there, but don't hang on too tightly.  Try to relax and go with the flow.  You can do this.  Pull out those non drug coping skills to use.

And if nothing works:

Sound CC thanks for your input its much appreciated .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thinking of you powerback. Hang in there! 

Effexor XR 75mg 1997-2012 

Effexor XR 37.5mg 2012-2017 (tapered off over six months - finished taper July 2017)

SCA Aug 12th, 2017

Cymbalta 30mg Aug 2017 - Nov 2017 (CT Nov. 17th for medical reasons)

Metoprolol 50mg Aug 2017 - Feb 2019 tapered down to 25mg June 2019 then tapered down to zero. Off Metoprolol as of Jan 2020        

Amiodarone (anti-arrhythmic med) 200mg Nov 2017- May 2018

Supplements: Omega 3, vitamin D3, magnesium

What helps me: Manual lymphatic drainage massage, acupressure, meditation, homeopathy (my psychiatrist is also a certified homeopath), a healthy diet when possible organic, yoga, walking my dogs every day and gardening.

15 minutes ago, gentlehermione said:

Thinking of you powerback. Hang in there! 

Hi GHM nice to meet you ,your very kind to say that ,its welcomed with a warm heavy heart,I hope you give yourself the upmost kindness first before anyone .

Take care and be safe.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Go for it PB!!!

Nice long half life on the Prozac. Hopefully it stabilises you to a better place than the Venlaflaxine has you. 

Im crossing my fingers for you that it holds you and you have a much easier job tapering prozac and get your life back. 

Just remember when its hard " No pain, No brain". 

You got this.

Lee

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Powerback, 

I’m so sorry you’ve been struggling so much. I hope things settle for you a bit soon. 

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi pb

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I really hope this works for you.

you're in my thoughts.

sending lots of hugs and well wishes.

Love,ds   🤗❤️🤗

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks everyone im honoured to have such kind support.

I dont say that lightly because im very scared .

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

We are all rooting for you, PB!  :)  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

• Mentor
7 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Just remember when its hard " No pain, No brain". 

This is great. You've got this @powerback.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

@FarmGirlWorks

Thanks lol. 

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Just opened a new batch of meds and I usually take 6 tiny beads out of the capsule ,now this batch has only  3 bigger tablets inside the capsule ,just great ,nightmare .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

9 hours ago, powerback said:

Just opened a new batch of meds and I usually take 6 tiny beads out of the capsule ,now this batch has only  3 bigger tablets inside the capsule ,just great ,nightmare .

oh no sorry to hear this, they don't half try and make things difficult for us do they! it sounds like you have been given the same ones as what I was on, brand name "vensir"

be worth trying to take these back or try different pharmacy for your usual ones or if not then might have to shave a tiny bit off the tablet but it will not be accurate,

hopefully mods give some better advice,

hang in there buddy

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Im beyond fed up mate ,I took the whole capsule ,to sick to even think straight.

Ive been here already with them ,I just get the merry go round talk from chemist .

Ah well just have to put up with it .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

HI mods and esteemed members ,Im waying up the switch to Prozac ,the thing that gets me is im at least 30 months into this nightmare [yes 30 months ,not a typo] and im struggling to see any cases of a successful  "bridge" this far out .so it just comes down to witch level of hell I pick ,taper or switch .oh lord god help me japers .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

14 minutes ago, powerback said:

HI mods and esteemed members ,Im waying up the switch to Prozac ,the thing that gets me is im at least 30 months into this nightmare [yes 30 months ,not a typo] and im struggling to see any cases of a successful  "bridge" this far out .so it just comes down to witch level of hell I pick ,taper or switch .oh lord god help me japers .

sorry you are going through this buddy, it doesn't look like you have much choice unless you are able to taper the venlafaxine, maybe give tapering venlafaxine another go before trying the bridge?

I do not think bridging is the same as reinstating where theres a time limit, sure the mods will give some better advice,

stay strong

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

1 minute ago, dj2010 said:

sorry you are going through this buddy, it doesn't look like you have much choice unless you are able to taper the venlafaxine, maybe give tapering venlafaxine another go before trying the bridge?

I do not think bridging is the same as reinstating where theres a time limit, sure the mods will give some better advice,

stay strong

Sound mate your input is always welcomed ,I get you alright

. its fairly gloomy few days but I get annoyed I don't have the energy for a hike in it rather than being depressed by it lol, whats that say about me ,im thinking of all the lovely streams overflowing and the scenery ,I really miss my walks but keeping the light burning that ile be back out there some day.this is the first 6 months of past 10 years I haven't consistently been out for my rambles .

You doing ok I hope . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Powerback, hang in there.  Mods will discuss and get back to you soon.  Is it a different brand?  What brand were you on before and what did they give you this time?

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

19 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Hi Powerback, hang in there.  Mods will discuss and get back to you soon.  Is it a different brand?  What brand were you on before and what did they give you this time?

Hi SB cheers thank you ,same brand with the words "new formulation and appearance " written on it .from loads of tiny beads to 3 big tablets

.theres no point going near the chemist or DR this far out ,ive a pain in my face talking to them ,more than 2 years ago they were told "no substitution".im long enough in this hell hole now that I don't care ,ive seen the help on offer from MDs  and its disgusting .every bit of honesty has been used as a rod to beat me with .I am now pathologically fearful from my experience with these people .I have the best incentive to keep on a healing path.  

I've no energy to care. Ide say this is the third generic  changed .

Its talked about on this site about tiny reductions causing symptoms ,yet when I told a clinical phycologist this a few weeks ago he used it to diagnose me on the spot without test of serious mental disorder "my condition coming back ".its literally pot luck what you come up against.the problem is severe withdrawl mimics the symptoms of these diagnoses ,how many people out there are taking meds and shouldn't be because a person of power tells them in the most extreme vulnerable state they'll ever experience      

Will I ever get to a point of no meds and healing and find out whats what ,god knows .

Ok rant over 😣🙂.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Doing a clear out ive come across my doctors bridge recommendation 7 weeks old,

decrease ven 90% and start at 10mg prozac on first day ,decrease and increase as I go .I wonder at what dosage he thought I would arrive at with the prozac ?.

100mg of prozac ,would that not be ridiculous.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

PB,

Sorry to hear they've switched it up on you again.  I'm trying to understand exactly where you are at this point.

Am I correct that you have been micro-tapering and holding since the beginning of 2017 using the bead counting method with the most recent being taking 6 beads out, BUT, with the new meds you were forced to take a full pill of 37.5mg since there is no way to convert the pills to the beads?

Have I got that straight?

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

26 minutes ago, apace41 said:

PB,

Sorry to hear they've switched it up on you again.  I'm trying to understand exactly where you are at this point.

Am I correct that you have been micro-tapering and holding since the beginning of 2017 using the bead counting method with the most recent being taking 6 beads out, BUT, with the new meds you were forced to take a full pill of 37.5mg since there is no way to convert the pills to the beads?

Have I got that straight?

Best,

Andy

More or less andy ye ,so as of thismorning im taking a full 37.5mg for the first time in a year ,but I never got passed 6 beads taper so it begs the question should I even be worried of a big problem ,I already am in tatters ,Ive a cold too boot also.

And the pitty party oscar goes to pp

powerback lol.

I hope your doing ok yourself.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.