powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

• Moderator Emeritus

Do you have a scale that you can use to reduce the Effexor by shaving and cross over to Prozac per Alto's suggestion?

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Do you have a scale that you can use to reduce the Effexor by shaving and cross over to Prozac per Alto's suggestion?

Best,

Andy

Im way too sick to do anything for now ,all I can do for now is keep taking the 37.5mg and see what trouble that brings .im waying up everything for now andy.

I do have a scales there  .

I live with 2 other people so I need to be very careful of my moods and behavior , this far into it I need to think of them .im already guilt/shame ridden that they see as much as they do .

If I do anything it wont be until December and at that im afraid of the "happy season" driving me nuts 😫.

Ive even got liquid prozac there .

Thanks for your input andy.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

I understand, PB, but as soon as you are feeling up to it let's get you a plan with the scale to try the cross Alto suggested.

Hang in there.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

37 minutes ago, apace41 said:

I understand, PB, but as soon as you are feeling up to it let's get you a plan with the scale to try the cross Alto suggested.

Hang in there.

Best,

Andy

Sound andy thanks for your time valuable .take Care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB

I have just been reading your thread for the first time and am so sorry you are struggling so badly with a cold too. Just not fair!

I am sure you will decide when the time is right for you to do the changeover.  Please do not give up - I know it has been a long hard slog but there is always something else to try to help you and the prozac bridge might be the answer.

By the way, Christmas drives me nuts too! Bah Humbug!

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thinking about you, @powerback, and rooting for you.

Shame and guilt are the worst feelings, but they are only feelings, perceptions. They are not real things.  

Keep taking it one moment at a time.

When you are feeling better, over this hump, you can deal with those feelings if you need to.

Are you able to eat properly at the moment? 

Stay with us,

B x.

Jan 2023: Venlafaxine XR 100 mg, Lorazepam 0.25 mg, Oestradiol 100 micrograms

Dec 2022: Venlafaxine XR 100 mg, Lorazepam 0.25 mg. HRT stopped for hysterectomy surgery 5 Dec 22 (potential clotting risk)

September 2022: Venlafaxine XR 100 mg, Lorazepam 0.25 mg, Oestradiol 100 micrograms, Progesterone 100 mg.

Apologies but I can't remember or find details at the moment, but I slowly reduced Venlafaxine and Lorazepam through 2020-2021-2022.

Jan 2022: HRT increased by GP for unknown reason to oestradiol patch 100 microg, progresterone 100 mg

June 2021: started HRT (oestradiol patch 50 microg, progresterone 100 mg). 

August 2020:  Made a 16% reduction in Lorazepam at psychiatrist's recommendation (1.25 mg) while holding Venlafaxine at 150 mg.

March 2019 - March 2020: Venlafaxine  XR tapered from  337.5 mg  to 150 mg (60% reduction), while continuing 1.5 mg Lorazepam.

March 2016 - January 2019: Mirtazapine taptered to 0, while continuing on 1.5 mg Lorazepam and 375 mg Venlafaxine XR.

Feb. 2015: 7.5 mg Mirtazapine + 1.5 mg Lorazepam + 375 mg Venlafaxine.

1 hour ago, Flowers said:

Hi PB

I have just been reading your thread for the first time and am so sorry you are struggling so badly with a cold too. Just not fair!

I am sure you will decide when the time is right for you to do the changeover.  Please do not give up - I know it has been a long hard slog but there is always something else to try to help you and the prozac bridge might be the answer.

By the way, Christmas drives me nuts too! Bah Humbug!

Love from Flowers xxx

Hi flowers ,your very kind to reply and read my thread ,im somewhat embarrassed by it at this stage and so far down the rabbit hole,id never want to give up but its quite bizzar living like this as alot of us well know .

I hate the fakeness and hypocrisy of it but im getting better at keeping my mouth shut .

Its a great time for kids I suppose and if youve something to sell lol.

Take care and happy holidays .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

36 minutes ago, Bridgetini said:

Thinking about you, @powerback, and rooting for you.

Shame and guilt are the worst feelings, but they are only feelings, perceptions. They are not real things.  

Keep taking it one moment at a time.

When you are feeling better, over this hump, you can deal with those feelings if you need to.

Are you able to eat properly at the moment? 

Stay with us,

B x.

Oh japers B im eating like a ganat the last few days ,when ive a cold I have a constant hunger .

Thanks B ,I hope your well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

What dosage Effexor XR capsule did you get? It is Effexor XR, correct?

Each of the mini-tablets is 1/3 of the active ingredient dosage of the capsule.

How much Effexor XR were you taking in beads? How many beads were there in an entire capsule?

Your doctor cannot have meant 100mg Prozac, that must be an error.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:42 PM, Altostrata said:

pb, maybe it's time to think about substituting Prozac.

If I were you, I would consider adding 3mg Prozac for 3 days, cut Effexor dosage by half, add 2mg Prozac for 3 days, drop Effexor altogether.

Make this change over a holiday.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What dosage Effexor XR capsule did you get? It is Effexor XR, correct?

Each of the mini-tablets is 1/3 of the active ingredient dosage of the capsule.

How much Effexor XR were you taking in beads? How many beads were there in an entire capsule?

Your doctor cannot have meant 100mg Prozac, that must be an error.

Exactly ALto ,I was surmising the 100mg .on the box I have, it says Venlefex Xl 37.5 .this is the second morning of the full dose.

I never got past 6 beads out of the capsule and theres more than 80 in the capsule (thats a count from along time ago ) I never got the average.

Ile see how this full dose turns out but the bridge you suggested is a very live possibility .

Thanks for your help ,im well aware its messy .

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

This is an ideal time to initiate a switch to Prozac, adding 2mg to the full Effexor 37.5mg capsule for 3 days, then take 2 of the Effexor mini-tablets (25mg) and make up the rest with 2mg Prozac.

You'll need to request a prescription for liquid Prozac right away. If you cannot get liquid, you can make a liquid yourself, see Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine) Be sure to get a 5mL oral syringe from the pharmacist.

There may be bumps -- or not, you may feel relief. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

This is an ideal time to initiate a switch to Prozac, adding 2mg to the full Effexor 37.5mg capsule for 3 days, then take 2 of the Effexor mini-tablets (25mg) and make up the rest with 2mg Prozac.

You'll need to request a prescription for liquid Prozac right away. If you cannot get liquid, you can make a liquid yourself, see Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine) Be sure to get a 5mL oral syringe from the pharmacist.

There may be bumps -- or not, you may feel relief. Please let us know how you're doing.

OK sound alto .ive got liquid Prozac since September  and a syringe ,,ive something coming up next week that's not an option to miss so I wont chance it going wrong .

.I understand some might read this and be screaming at there screens too just be positive but living this is ridiculous. 

I know exactly what's ahead of me and I appreciate the help and patience  from everyone mods/friends .

today has been some ok ,im not as sick with my cold as yesterday ,enjoyed some music last night also . 

5th of December is looking like a good date to do it .

Thanks Alto .take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

You feel better now that you're back at 37.5mg Effexor XR?

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You feel better now that you're back at 37.5mg Effexor XR?

not totally ,this morning and at times ive had extreme intrusive thoughts [self critic] ,somewhat more optimistic .

Come Sunday ile see a noticeable difference one way or the other ,this minute my mood is better than not at least .irritation still on the higher end [anxiety ]   

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Please let us know how you're doing.

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please let us know how you're doing.

Of course Alto will do,yous have all helped me and others walk trough hell .

Up to my eye balls next week with things to do so ile be conscious to check in by the end of the week. 

Peace to you and everyone 🙏👍.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Powerback 

I was actually just looking at your thread this morning. You and I seem to in a similar quandry. Effexor and Pristiq are very similar. 

My doctor actually wanted me to switch to Effexor and taper off from there using the bead method. I didn’t want the fuss of counting beads so I stayed with Pristiq. 

I just wanted to let you know a childhood friend of mine came off Effexor and has been problem free now for 5 years.  Another friend of mine just came off Pristiq and is also doing well. 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

1 hour ago, Andie said:

Hi Powerback 

I was actually just looking at your thread this morning. You and I seem to in a similar quandry. Effexor and Pristiq are very similar. 

My doctor actually wanted me to switch to Effexor and taper off from there using the bead method. I didn’t want the fuss of counting beads so I stayed with Pristiq. 

I just wanted to let you know a childhood friend of mine came off Effexor and has been problem free now for 5 years.  Another friend of mine just came off Pristiq and is also doing well. 

Hi andie thats great about your freinds and YOU will follow them also some day ,always keep at it .

Take care and thanks for poping over ile return the respect soon but I got it in my head to decorate a room ( only small)that needs doing ,its taking ages with symptoms 😫.

Peace.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, powerback said:

Hi andie thats great about your freinds and YOU will follow them also some day ,always keep at it .

Take care and thanks for poping over ile return the respect soon but I got it in my head to decorate a room ( only small)that needs doing ,its taking ages with symptoms 😫.

Peace.

I get it Powerback. So many of my projects are semi finished. I love decorating and design. 

Take care 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

Hello, powerback

Several posts ago, you and others mentioned having dark waves. Could you please describe to me what they are? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Callie

Lexapro: 2004-2010; Effexor XR 225 mg.: May 2010 - April 2017

Abilify 5 mg.: May 2010 - April 2017; Buspirone 60 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Trazadone 100 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Xanax: as needed; Fast taper

19 minutes ago, Callie said:

Hello, powerback

Several posts ago, you and others mentioned having dark waves. Could you please describe to me what they are? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Callie

HI callie.

My dark waves consist of extreme anxiety ,headaches,sore eyes/tired,depression ,iritation,intrusive thoughts ,noise sensitivity ,nightmares ,suicidal thoughts (have never acted on it).

Be careful  thinking youl have the same ,its different for everyone.

Ive had adictions long before withdrawl so judge your suffering on your own merrits .

Keep at your tools and learning .

Take care

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thank you, powerback, for getting back with me.

I'll take it to mean a really bad wave, not just a regular one. I think I'm in one of them now. Yes, mine is different from yours, but nevertheless, extremely incapacitating. It'll pass, I know, but so hard to deal with.

Thanks again.

Callie

Abilify 5 mg.: May 2010 - April 2017; Buspirone 60 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Trazadone 100 mg.: 2004 - April 2017; Xanax: as needed; Fast taper

12 hours ago, Callie said:

Thank you, powerback, for getting back with me.

I'll take it to mean a really bad wave, not just a regular one. I think I'm in one of them now. Yes, mine is different from yours, but nevertheless, extremely incapacitating. It'll pass, I know, but so hard to deal with.

Thanks again.

Callie

Exactly callie youve judged its a rough one for you ,so batten down the hatches and mind yourself as best you can .if you feel better not venturing out or staying away from triggers then this is ok in my eye in a wave .

Use your tools and sooth and nuture your soul.

Be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thanks, powerback, for your encouragement and help.

Callie

2 hours ago, Callie said:

Thanks, powerback, for your encouragement and help.

Callie

Your welcome callie 👍🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hang in there, Powerback.  I wish I could send you some pie.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Hi power back, I've been reading your story for days. I am also reducing effexor, 8 months ago I was taking 150, now 64mg and I am better than months ago ... I am a 26 year old boy and I have been in effexor for 3 years. Do you think I can go faster than 10% every 6 weeks? I think my age and time on the drug are points in my favor. My intention is not to go fast but I also do not want to go slowly unnecessarily. Currently I take 240 pellets (I take a capsule of 37.5mg = 140, + Another capsule of 37.5 - 40 pellets). I have never followed 10% and I have removed about 20 balls every month and I am doing well, I understand that it is a good guide to reduce 10 but simply the key is to reduce the number of balls every few days.

What advice could you give me?

a greeting

Mayo 2018: Venlafaxina 150 mg y toma 64mg Diciembre 2018: Venlafaxina xr 56mg 

Diciembre de 2018: Venlafaxina xr 58mg Enero de 2019: Venlafaxina xr 56mg

Febrero 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 40 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 7 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5mg

Octubre 2019: venlafaxina xr 18mg aprox.

Enero 2020: 50 perlas Febrero 2020: 40 perlasMarzo 2020: 30 perlas 

Abril 2020: 35 perlas (en crisis)

Agosto 2020: 25 perlas, 23 perlas Noviembre: 03/11/2020 26 perlas 05/11/2030 22 perlas, 22/11/2020 24 perlas.Diciembre: 40 perlas (5 días) , vuelvo a 30 perlas.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Powerback, 

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much, 

I just read something that JanCarol wrote that I was very applicable in our situation: 

“ Remember that fragile things must be handled carefully. Treat yourself like very expensive china for a while. What I mean by that is, do all the things that you like over this period, overindulge yourself. “ 

We are fragile when in waves n we have to treat ourselves like those delicate cups. We have to stop pushing ourselves too much, we have to rest more n do things that help us to keep going. We need to do whatever we need to to get through each day. If that means lying down n watching Netflix all day because we can’t do anything else, so be it. 

When I’m in waves like I’m in right now I’m just in survival mode, my goal is just to make it through each day so I just do things to distract myself, even if that means doing the same thing over n over again like a particular craft. I’ve been making a ton of wooden bookmarks this week,  I just go through the motions because I’m so ill. The end result is that I have presents to give to my friends though. It’s an added bonus. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:28 PM, Alanmane said:

Hi power back, I've been reading your story for days. I am also reducing effexor, 8 months ago I was taking 150, now 64mg and I am better than months ago ... I am a 26 year old boy and I have been in effexor for 3 years. Do you think I can go faster than 10% every 6 weeks? I think my age and time on the drug are points in my favor. My intention is not to go fast but I also do not want to go slowly unnecessarily. Currently I take 240 pellets (I take a capsule of 37.5mg = 140, + Another capsule of 37.5 - 40 pellets). I have never followed 10% and I have removed about 20 balls every month and I am doing well, I understand that it is a good guide to reduce 10 but simply the key is to reduce the number of balls every few days.

What advice could you give me?

a greeting

Hi alanmane ,fairplay and thanks to your bravery reading my thread ,I wish it was a joke like so many of us.

I dont have the right to tell you anything im afraid ,only the mods do.

But I will say,read your body carefully and how it reacts to life during each cut .

Keep stress down to a minimum as best you can .

Your age is a great bonus and maybe your best advantage .

Im sorry if my answer is a bit fague but keep learning everything you can and becomes much more than just getting off a drug ,itl push us to evalute life also .find tips and home truths in the success stories to help you .

Take care and good luck on your journey.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

4 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Powerback, 

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much, 

I just read something that JanCarol wrote that I was very applicable in our situation: 

“ Remember that fragile things must be handled carefully. Treat yourself like very expensive china for a while. What I mean by that is, do all the things that you like over this period, overindulge yourself. “ 

We are fragile when in waves n we have to treat ourselves like those delicate cups. We have to stop pushing ourselves too much, we have to rest more n do things that help us to keep going. We need to do whatever we need to to get through each day. If that means lying down n watching Netflix all day because we can’t do anything else, so be it. 

When I’m in waves like I’m in right now I’m just in survival mode, my goal is just to make it through each day so I just do things to distract myself, even if that means doing the same thing over n over again like a particular craft. I’ve been making a ton of wooden bookmarks this week,  I just go through the motions because I’m so ill. The end result is that I have presents to give to my friends though. It’s an added bonus. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Carmie thats a lovely message thanks so much ,hugs and wisdom greatly acepted and appreciated .

Take care and be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, powerback said:

Hola alanmane, juego limpio y gracias a tu valentía al leer mi hilo, desearía que fuera una broma como muchos de nosotros.

No tengo derecho a decirte nada de lo que tengo miedo, solo los mods.

Pero diré, lee tu cuerpo con cuidado y cómo reacciona a la vida durante cada corte.

Mantén el estrés al mínimo lo mejor que puedas.

Tu edad es una gran ventaja y quizás tu mejor ventaja.

Lo siento si mi respuesta es un poco imprecisa, pero sigo aprendiendo todo lo que pueda y se convierte en mucho más que simplemente dejar una droga, nos empuja a evaluar la vida también. Encuentre consejos y verdades en las historias de éxito para ayudarlo.

Cuídate y buena suerte en tu viaje.

Thank you for your answer, definitely the most important thing is to follow the rhythm of your body and instinct, this is a very hard and difficult work but you can achieve the goal, we are achieving it. I think that this process changes people's lives forever, it may be one of the most difficult tests to pass, but I'm sure you can take advantage of it, or so I want to think. After having been in hell, few things can scare you

Febrero 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 40 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 7 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5mg

Agosto 2020: 25 perlas, 23 perlas Noviembre: 03/11/2020 26 perlas 05/11/2030 22 perlas, 22/11/2020 24 perlas.Diciembre: 40 perlas (5 días) , vuelvo a 30 perlas.

PB it just pisses me off more than trauma. 

I would love to force feed my Gp escitalopram and when he says these are not helping, i would increase the dose. 

Then i would advise him to CT. Then have a good old laugh at his pain, whilst i tell him he is having a relapse. 

Basically. 

Peace out.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

5 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

PB it just pisses me off more than trauma. 

I would love to force feed my Gp escitalopram and when he says these are not helping, i would increase the dose. 

Then i would advise him to CT. Then have a good old laugh at his pain, whilst i tell him he is having a relapse. 

Basically. 

Peace out.

I totally get you leo but sooner than later park that resentment for now and try an heal ,I think it prevents healing but it seems a part of the journey .Im not a religious man ,so I could never get my head around the forgiveness of being wronged .but this process has opened my eyes to suffering of others and they still give support to others ,for this im grateful to SA and the people ive met along the way ,resentment and anger really does need processing in a healthy manner eventually .

Peace to you  also leo.🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, Alanmane said:

Thank you for your answer, definitely the most important thing is to follow the rhythm of your body and instinct, this is a very hard and difficult work but you can achieve the goal, we are achieving it. I think that this process changes people's lives forever, it may be one of the most difficult tests to pass, but I'm sure you can take advantage of it, or so I want to think. After having been in hell, few things can scare you

Exactly AM ,its not a test anyone wants but here we are . by far the most important thing in your life is healing.dont rush the taper to the detriment  of your sanity or health .

Take care mate👍 🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hope your doing ok p.b? & chugging along 

xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

34 minutes ago, powerback said:

Exactamente AM, no es una prueba que nadie quiera, pero aquí estamos. por mucho, lo más importante en tu vida es la curación. No apresures el estrechamiento en detrimento de tu salud mental.

Tome el cuidado compañero 👍  🙏 .

I accept this process and try to handle it as best I can, I know I will go out, in half a year I have gone down from 150mg to 64mg so I have already done a lot of work, now I have to continue. My mood is stable although I do not feel very happy, above all it bothers me to feel little concentrated, something mentally slow, is this common? Does it happen to you?

A greeting and a lot of strength.