powerback

powerback: tapering no 2

Altostrata
On 2/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, powerback said:

Alto ,I mite be in a situation today that I cant take prozac  ,ive spent the whole day in a serous state and scared for my safety .its calmed in the last hour,but as soon asI I woke it went from bad to worse.defo never this bad on effexor.

I dont like posting this and frankly im  embarrassed but its warranted because its never been this severe .

Im ok and just want your thoughts on it .

I will try settle for the night .

Thanks and take care.🙏.

pb, I need to know what happened. Did you have a bad reaction to Prozac?

powerback
6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

pb, I need to know what happened. Did you have a bad reaction to 

Ive only access to a phone so my notes will follow in a day or two but its the same rule of thumb as the prevoius notes,Sunday I couldnt turn off the anger/rage and the strong suicidal thoughts .I believe it was far beyond the reach of non drug coping skills but. I knuckled down and coped as best I could.

It looks like far more side affects/reaction than any teraputic effect..

The 5mg doesnt seem to be enough to offeset the effexor absence?

the anxiety in my brain is a "violent hailstorm" and electric charge at the same time .

Ile post notes in a few days .

Take care Alto .

Thanks 🙏.

powerback

I just want to say thanks to the members that have given me best wishes lately .

Much appreciated ,sorry I cant thank you individually .

Take care and selfcare always first 👍.

thecowisback

sorry to hear things are so rough for you right now - hope things improve for you soon xxxxx

Altostrata

pb, perhaps 5mg Prozac is too strong. You might try 4.5mg Prozac, see if what kind of change this makes.

powerback
11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

pb, perhaps 5mg Prozac is too strong. You might try 4.5mg Prozac, see if what kind of change this makes.

Ok sound thanks Alto .

Take care 👍.

powerback

01/02/19

0.800 wake+5mgPZ ,aches,tension,RT,hyper.mood not bad,anxiety.

10.00,fleeting thoughts of optimism and doom ,fatigue.

13.00,nausea,doom,

13.00-1500,laydown,NS,RT,IT,iritable,feel awful.

15.30.soup,NS,headache ,mood low,restless.

16.30,strong depression.

18.00,dinner,mood swings,anxiety.

19.00 ,somewhat chilled.

20.30,headache.

22.30,sleep ok.

02/02/19

07.00,wake feel ok [dare say normal ,very rare lately]

07.30,5mgPZ ,NS.

08.30,breakfast,headache,RT,NS,tired.

10.30.soup ,fatigue.

12.30,got out for walk ,legs sore and weak.

14.00,lunch,NS,Light sensitivity,tension,iritable. 

16.00.headache ,tired ,positive feelings .

17.30,eyes out of focus ,peripheral vision weird,[at least a year since this was at me]

20.30,NS,migrane,anxiety 9/10,

21.30,feel awful,sore throat.

23.00,sleep ok .

vivid dreams ,not the worst day but mood all over the place.

03/02/19

Cant find notes for this day .

it mite of been one of the worst days going so far .

the whole day I had a dark depression that wouldn't lift and I quite frankly feared for my safety  at times ,I consciously wouldn't do anything but I rarely ever remember darkness like this day.

lets hope there's not many of these days. 

04/02/19

08.30,wake exhausted.

09.00.breakfast.

10.00 5mgPZ,poped up town to get bits for a broth .

12.30,vertigo8/10,tired, food,RT,IT.

14.00,very jumpy,strong SI ,cant keep nasty thoughts away.eyes blurry /peripheral vision gone ,unnerving .

15.30,broth+food.

17.00 strong depression,vertigo ,legs like lead,migraine .

19.00.food,shower to freshn up,SI, IT, raspy throat, migraine ,

22.00 ,migraine ,Anxiety ,SI .

00.00 ,sleep ok .

05/02/19

07.30.wake feel awful,tired.

08.00,breakfast,headache,IT,RT,emotionaly very sensitive .

10.15, 5mgPZ,motivation low ,legs tired ,

11.00 ,food,went out for some grocery's ,nightmare .depersonalization /felt weird also.

13.00.migraine driving me to distraction,nausea  4/10

16.00,cooking dinner,migraine ,IT,RT.#

18.00,dinner ,needing big meals to feel satiated  .

21.00,IT=intrusive thoughts strong .

01.00.sleep

on edge all day,thoughts of being left crazy and rattled by this process.

Regretting the switch badly[my call ] and am dealing with serious fear and panic , I even have a hot knife feeling in my heart in regard emotions and feelings..

Strong anxiety irritability ,racing thoughts and more than not intrusive thoughts are my constant companion.

🙏.

I was going to 1.25ml for the 5mg ,the closest I can go is 1.1 on the syringe I have .

Peace and thank you Alto.

thecowisback

you're really having a rough ride right now 😪 i hope things start to improve soon xx

powerback
9 minutes ago, thecowisback said:

you're really having a rough ride right now 😪 i hope things start to improve soon xx

Smashed against the rocks ,music and alan partridge are helping ,you never know we could wake up tomorrow and its all over 🤨

🏄‍♂️🙏.

Leo1983

Alan partridge is the man.

I wish each nite that very thing when i wake up. For everyone!

powerback
Just now, Leo1983 said:

Alan partridge is the man.

I wish each nite that very thing when i wake up. For everyone!

lol good man leo ,he's gas .🙏 

Leo1983

Dan. Dan... Dann. Dannnnnn. Lol

thecowisback

alan partridge makes me laugh even when i'm deep in the doldrums 😁

thecowisback
32 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Dan. Dan... Dann. Dannnnnn. Lol

🤣

Altostrata

Please forgive yourself, powerback.

Do you have a 5mL syringe? You might want to get a 2mL syringe, it has smaller ticks.

Rachellynn

❤️❤️❤️

powerback
17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please forgive yourself, powerback.

Do you have a 5mL syringe? You might want to get a 2mL syringe, it has smaller ticks.

Forgive myself?.

I need off the Prozac pronto ,its doing a weird spell on me , constant suicidal ideation .since Sunday its nuts.

All I can do Is drop by .5 increments I suppose.its even an adverse reaction ide say .

I'm well past the  settle in period .ile take before the switch and Effexor  any time .

tomorrow ile drop to 4.5mg .

Thanks Alto .

thecowisback

that doesn't sound like a good reaction 😯😕😕

Andie

Thinking of you Powerback. I hope this gets sorted quickly. You are very brave for continuing to post your switch journey here. As you know I’m thinking about switching so please know by documenting all of this, you are actually really helping me in making an informed decision of how to move forward from here. 

powerback
10 hours ago, Andie said:

Thinking of you Powerback. I hope this gets sorted quickly. You are very brave for continuing to post your switch journey here. As you know I’m thinking about switching so please know by documenting all of this, you are actually really helping me in making an informed decision of how to move forward from here. 

`sound Andie cheers .oh lord don't just follow my switch ,do lots of research .I did so I only have myself to account for it.

Take care and be safe.

powerback

06/02/19

09.20:wake,dizzy,exausted ,fear+anxiety.depression,depersonalization.

10.15:breakfast,5mgPZ

12,00:anxiety,light headed,very jumpy,,racing thoughts.

13.30:food,exausted,jumpy,headache,strong depression,SI,fear/doom,rage .constant feeling of cracking up.

15.00-19.00 ,terrible mood,iritable,anxiety9/10,migraine.

20.00:food,anxiety 9/10,panic ,doom.

watched some comedy and listened to music ,it had a positive affect.

23.00:sleep.

07/02/19

8.00:wake, Greif feeling in my heart ,suicidal,RT,IT,fear doom 

8.30:breakfast.

10.15:5mgPZ,jittery,panic,IT ,tired,brain fog.went out to run errands,[cabin fever].

15.30:SI,IT,on edge,exausted NS.

18.00:dinner ,feel stimulated,shaky anxiety,iritable.

21.00:headache, depersonalization,sore throat ,feel really off/disconnected,anxiety 9/10.critic raging ,NS.  

dj2010
18 minutes ago, powerback said:

06/02/19

09.20:wake,dizzy,exausted ,fear+anxiety.depression,depersonalization.

10.15:breakfast,5mgPZ

12,00:anxiety,light headed,very jumpy,,racing thoughts.

13.30:food,exausted,jumpy,headache,strong depression,SI,fear/doom,rage .constant feeling of cracking up.

15.00-19.00 ,terrible mood,iritable,anxiety9/10,migraine.

20.00:food,anxiety 9/10,panic ,doom.

watched some comedy and listened to music ,it had a positive affect.

23.00:sleep.

07/02/19

8.00:wake, Greif feeling in my heart ,suicidal,RT,IT,fear doom 

8.30:breakfast.

10.15:5mgPZ,jittery,panic,IT ,tired,brain fog.went out to run errands,[cabin fever].

15.30:SI,IT,on edge,exausted NS.

18.00:dinner ,feel stimulated,shaky anxiety,iritable.

21.00:headache, depersonalization,sore throat ,feel really off/disconnected,anxiety 9/10.critic raging ,NS.  

Notice you get sore throats quite a bit after meals, classic symptom of acid reflux, might be worth looking into

hope things improve fast

pinkfairy

Hey pb 

just wanted to say I hope you get a huge window very soon.

I have noticed as well that your very critical of your self (coming from the queen of a monster critic)

remember your in WD & in survival mode.Its not us..I guess we will only ever know the true essence of our souls once were free from these chains!

your a sound,kind, & funny man.You don’t give your self enough credit for what your having to endure.Yet your suffering constantly & still come across positive (massive accomplishment in its self).Yet I have had to do that my whole life “pretend”as to hide the pain.Life  is up & down but WD just takes it to a whole different level.You have friends on here what care pb.

remember to aim for getting on your hikes keep that imagine in mind when it seems a distant memory!

This may sound weird.But when your in darkness always search for the light & if you can’t find it.place your hand on your heart that’s where it’s at!!

🙏🏻 Xxxx

powerback
19 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Notice you get sore throats quite a bit after meals, classic symptom of acid reflux, might be worth looking into

hope things improve fast

Mmm ,intersting cheers mate .

powerback
59 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

Hey pb 

just wanted to say I hope you get a huge window very soon.

I have noticed as well that your very critical of your self (coming from the queen of a monster critic)

remember your in WD & in survival mode.Its not us..I guess we will only ever know the true essence of our souls once were free from these chains!

your a sound,kind, & funny man.You don’t give your self enough credit for what your having to endure.Yet your suffering constantly & still come across positive (massive accomplishment in its self).Yet I have had to do that my whole life “pretend”as to hide the pain.Life  is up & down but WD just takes it to a whole different level.You have friends on here what care pb.

remember to aim for getting on your hikes keep that imagine in mind when it seems a distant memory!

This may sound weird.But when your in darkness always search for the light & if you can’t find it.place your hand on your heart that’s where it’s at!!

🙏🏻 Xxxx

Thanks pink your very kind and bang on about the critic,its like a nuclear reactor lately ,no puting it out ,my apetitie is like a reactor for that matter also lol.

Excuse my limp reply ,migraine at me .

Take care.

Altostrata

pb, have you reduced to 4.5mg Prozac?

powerback
3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

pb, have you reduced to 4.5mg Prozac?

hi Alto ,yep ,yesterday ,the notchs on my syringe are .5 increments with notchs in between ,so I just went down one notch ,cant get the more accurate syringe,ile need to get them online.

Thanks.

Altostrata

You reduced to 4.75mg Prozac?

powerback
29 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You reduced to 4.75mg Prozac?

5mg prozac liquid=1.25ml ,so I just went down to a notch above the 1ml .

So the reduction is 0.15  I think 

Orangeblossom77

Hi, I feel quite similar atm PB even wee amounts and changes are causing affects and at around the 5mg mark also

It seems to affect me quite a bit and I can feel quite manic type thing - but then reducing too much also brings the withdrawal 

shakiness etc, it's a tricky balance to get isn't it. I'm also going to do very slight reductions now from 5mg and taper a wee bit

Hope you get a point where the feelings are bearable. I find with prozac sometimes taking it with food can cause it to be a bit less

reactive maybe it is digested slower? Not sure. I'm not an expert though. 

Martina23

Pb, hope your Prozac reduction is going well. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables because now is flu time. We are also ill with the children:-) So I bought us (me and the children) strawberries for the immunity. Hope you're ok.

powerback
22 hours ago, Orangeblossom77 said:

Hi, I feel quite similar atm PB even wee amounts and changes are causing affects and at around the 5mg mark also

It seems to affect me quite a bit and I can feel quite manic type thing - but then reducing too much also brings the withdrawal 

shakiness etc, it's a tricky balance to get isn't it. I'm also going to do very slight reductions now from 5mg and taper a wee bit

Hope you get a point where the feelings are bearable. I find with prozac sometimes taking it with food can cause it to be a bit less

reactive maybe it is digested slower? Not sure. I'm not an expert though. 

Hi OB77 thanks for your insight .

Take care and I hope your well.

powerback
19 hours ago, Martina23 said:

Pb, hope your Prozac reduction is going well. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables because now is flu time. We are also ill with the children:-) So I bought us (me and the children) strawberries for the immunity. Hope you're ok.

Me too Martina ,3 or 2 years since I stopped getting the flu jab so im always watchful and a bit obsessed with germs ,rightly so when it gets this bad .hope you get well soon martina. 

powerback

08/02/2019

0830,wake,feel not the worst mood.

0930,food,RT,IT

1030,tired,4.5mgPZ? [1.1ml].on edge.

12.30.soup,tired,TR,IT,brain buzzing3/10,not worst mood,jittery.

15.00.food,NS.

16.00.migraine ,laydown,some  , slight brain zapping,

18.45,IT,exhausted ,migraine.

20.05,food,short tempered ,cooker doing my head in .NS ,IT,confusion.

21.00,migraine,NS=noise sensitivity unbearable .

23,30,sleep.

Happy not to leave the house all day and keep the blinds down . 

09/02/2019

0730,wake,not the worst mood.

0800,my usual hot lemon and ginger drink.

0830,breakfast,indigestion,strong IT,depression,sciatic nerve pain at me .

Started taking milk thistle [a few drops in water] 

1030,4.5mgPZ ?[1,1ml].getting smashed with my critic/thoughts.

13.00,migraine,NS ,suicidal feelings ,got out and got some sun on my face .indigestion

15.00,exhausted ,SI,NS,headache ,indigestion.

17.30,extreme fatigue,mind racing,brain fog,cant keep eyes open,

18.00.dinner ,migraine ,NS,SI,critic manic,anxiety 12/10.

2030,NS ,indigestion,sore throat,tired .

22.30.sleep ok .

going from 5mg Prozac [1.25ml] to 4.5mg Prozac,the best I could do is go down a notch on my syringe .so if this is more or less than 4.5mg ,im grateful if anyone's brain is up working it out .

Orangeblossom77

Have you given your critic a name? Mine is called Matilda, she is a grumpy old bag at times. 

Giving it a name can make it feel less real 

powerback
48 minutes ago, Orangeblossom77 said:

Have you given your critic a name? Mine is called Matilda, she is a grumpy old bag at times. 

Giving it a name can make it feel less real 

HI OB77 ,oh no I haven't named it ha ,then ide have to own up to the problem ,I understand it all the same ,ye naming it is a good thing .I had it very dull years ago but for a couple of the years the "meds worked" ,its smashing me bad ,im here listening to Claire weaks ,this women was a genius ,she actually understood the issue rather than sadly dumping meds on people .

Take care and have a good day.